Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
youthathletics

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by youthathletics »

I tried to find something....do I win a consolation prize? ;) Have a good weekend seacoaster.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

It's a dry well, I'm telling you!! You too YA.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:21 am Hah. If you can find a single mention of Mrs. Palin by me, I'll buy you a bottle of your choice from a fan's inventory.

I guess the difference is that Mrs. Palin, other than deep-sixing John McCain's chance at the Presidency, wasn't worthy of a small fraction of anyone's -- or my -- mindshare. AOC has something to say. I understand your beating heart for her.
AOC says Americas garbage. I prefer the former Alaskan governors thoughts on the country than the barmaids.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

"I prefer the former Alaskan governors thoughts on the country than the barmaids"

Kuddos for learning how to translate the Denali Ditz's word salad....she makes Trump sound coherent.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

It's no wonder the Denali Ditz would appeal to Trump Base Voters. She can see Russia from her kitchen window!

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
DMac

Post by DMac »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:48 pm Seriously... Republicans love AOC... she is the Democrats answer to Sarah Palin. The idiotic gift that keeps on giving. The hardest determination between the 2 women is which one butchers the English language more. Like yah know it kinda like yah know I like get confused sorta like yah know I sorta kinda grasp the concept of yah know like what the English language is like all about. Archie Bunker has the perfect term for AOC... dingbat... :lol: Advantage to Palin... no snapping of bubble gum and twirling her hair with her fingers. :P
I don't know how anyone in the Trump camp can criticize anyone for their grasp of the English language when Master Covfefe is bigly confused by all those words and how to put them together. Prez Slippery Tongue is an orator of the fourth grade (giving him the benefit of the doubt there) level, you should find something else to complain about AOC.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

So its ok for all you progressives that the barmaid calls your country garbage.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:00 am So its ok for all you progressives that the barmaid calls your country garbage.
Who said what?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

foreverlax wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:51 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:00 am So its ok for all you progressives that the barmaid calls your country garbage.
Who said what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCMAlHZrAeA
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:04 pm
foreverlax wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:51 am
Who said what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCMAlHZrAeA
I can see why you are upset....
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Our cherry pickin' expert strikes again. So angry. So off base.

So sad his life must be, always being so outraged by all the America-Hating he sees in the world.

Hater gonna hate.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:07 pm Our cherry pickin' expert strikes again. So angry. So off base.

So sad his life must be, always being so outraged by all the America-Hating he sees in the world.

Hater gonna hate.

He has been gypped
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

I have hardly heard her speak over the past few months. But she speaks very like a person of her generation; they tend to be imprecise and hyperbolic in order to make points. I very much doubt she thinks this country is "garbage;" I think she sees with some acuity the entrenchment of poverty and the imbalances in advantages and is grasping at ways to contest them.

But the reaction to her from the right has been really curious. Is the right scared of her? Is the right enamored of her? Does the right think she is a good whooping-gal to keep Americans scared of "libs"? Whatever the answer, she is a single Congressperson, who believes her election was founded on a mandate to shake things up and try new ideas aimed at including the under-included. She's interesting, sure; but the amount of ink spilled over her is silly.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:19 pm I have hardly heard her speak over the past few months. But she speaks very like a person of her generation; they tend to be imprecise and hyperbolic in order to make points. I very much doubt she thinks this country is "garbage;" I think she sees with some acuity the entrenchment of poverty and the imbalances in advantages and is grasping at ways to contest them.

But the reaction to her from the right has been really curious. Is the right scared of her? Is the right enamored of her? Does the right think she is a good whooping-gal to keep Americans scared of "libs"? Whatever the answer, she is a single Congressperson, who believes her election was founded on a mandate to shake things up and try new ideas aimed at including the under-included. She's interesting, sure; but the amount of ink spilled over her is silly.
She gets far more press than the guy she unseated. She is the Babadook.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:19 pm I have hardly heard her speak over the past few months. But she speaks very like a person of her generation; they tend to be imprecise and hyperbolic in order to make points. I very much doubt she thinks this country is "garbage;" I think she sees with some acuity the entrenchment of poverty and the imbalances in advantages and is grasping at ways to contest them.

I have not seen any extended clip that would provide context, but I would be willing to bet the subject of the discussion was not America but rather some issue we face. 6in is a drama queen, always has been.

I pay her no attention as I believe I have explained before. I will say that as time passes and I get a glimpse of this democratic freshman class, I am more and more impressed. The various congressional hearings are showing these mostly female congress persons to be top notch thinkers, speakers, representatives of their various communities. Very impressive. If this is a glimpse of the future quality of congress, the country will be in good hands. AOC is hardly the best of her class.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 pm

I have not seen any extended clip that would provide context, but I would be willing to bet the subject of the discussion was not America but rather some issue we face. 6in is a drama queen, always has been.

I pay her no attention as I believe I have explained before. I will say that as time passes and I get a glimpse of this democratic freshman class, I am more and more impressed. The various congressional hearings are showing these mostly female congress persons to be top notch thinkers, speakers, representatives of their various communities. Very impressive. If this is a glimpse of the future quality of congress, the country will be in good hands. AOC is hardly the best of her class.
Precisely, on BOTH counts!

Clapping Emoji...

a fan

Post by a fan »

:lol: What do you think "make America great again" means?? You think Trump thought America was in great shape before he was elected?

Clear insult. Obvious insult.

And yet it didn't bother you even a little. Why?

Best part of the FoxNation outrage is that the guy you like so much lies and/or makes patently false statements daily. And you LOVE that.

Yet when someone with a little D by her name says something wrong, suddenly you clutch your pearls and act like the guy you put in the White House isn't a total moron. Come on, man. You ASKED for American discourse to head this way when you supported Trump.

:lol: ;)
Last edited by a fan on Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 pmAOC is hardly the best of her class.
Depends on what metric you're using for "best".

As a communicator, AOC is terrific, IMO way better than anyone else on the left. For example, on "60 Minutes", she was asked by Anderson Cooper, "and how will you pay for this?" She replied, "the same way we pay for everything else." IMO, this was a terrific answer. In just a few words, she re-framed the debate from "tax or not" to "decide on priorities". And this was not (or at least did not appear to be) some carefully scripted, focus-group-tested remark, but something she just knew was the right answer.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:47 pm

Hows those guaranteed convictions coming on Freddie Grey.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Dontcha just love the AF rope-a-dope?

You da MAN, Mr. Leopold! :mrgreen:

Return to “POLITICS”