Hobart 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
GeneralBart

Re: Hobart 2022

Post by GeneralBart »

oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

The AE just announced that Stony Brook won't be allowed to play for this season's America East conference title and the automatic bid to the NCAAs that comes with that championships. Guess the AE got their tighty whities in a knot over SBU's move to the CAA. Hope Hobart takes it's time making this decision. It would be horrible to be banned from the NEC tourney for all the seniors and grad students.
Last edited by oldbartman on Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I didn’t like it when they kicked RoMo early always seems petty to punish the kids but that’s what conference Mgt tends to do.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxfan1234 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 1:30 pm Ranked #3 in NEC preseason coaches poll (#1 Bryant, #2 St. Joes).

https://northeastconference.org/news/20 ... el_22.aspx
I knows we’re an affiliate but it’s odd they talk about Bryant, SJU, skip
Mentioning us and go straight to LIU and down.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Cut our teeth on yale today then enjoy the pro bowl tomorrow

Marpet ’15 to make Pro Bowl debut on Sunday
2/4/2022 4:13:00 PM

By: Ken DeBolt
Story Links
NFL PRO BOWL
ALI MARPET
ALI MARPET ON INSTAGRAM
Hobart College alumnus Ali Marpet '15 will play in his first NFL Pro Bowl on Sunday. The seventh-year offensive lineman is one of nine Tampa Bay Buccaneers selected to play for the NFC in the all-star game on Feb. 6, at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas.

Marpet is one of three offensive linemen from the Super Bowl LV champions named to the initial rosters, which were revealed in December. Tampa Bay's announcement echoed what many Hobart fans have felt. "The Buccaneers have felt that Marpet was worthy of the honor for years...."

Marpet started 16 games this season, missing one due to injury, helping protect fellow Pro Bowler, quarterback Tom Brady. The Buccaneers led the NFL in passing yards (5,383) and passing touchdowns (43), while Marpet and his fellow linemen allowed the fewest sacks (23). According to Pro Football Focus, Marpet allowed just one sack in 1,036 plays during the 2021 season. His 84.0 player grade from Pro Football Focus ranks second among NFL left guards.

In addition to his Pro Bowl selection, Marpet was named to the All-NFC Team by the Pro Football Writers Association.

Tampa Bay was 13-4 this season, winning the NFC South Championship. In the playoffs, the Buccaneers defeated Philadelphia 31-15 in the Wild Card Round before losing to the Super Bowl-bound L.A. Rams 30-27 in the Divisional Round.

Offensive line analyst Brandon Thorn highlighted Marpet's performance against the Rams' All-Pro defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

Marpet has lived the dream of every young football fan in his journey from Hastings-on-Hudson, New York, to Hobart College to the NFL. The four-time Liberty League Champion was a consensus All-American following his senior season with the Statesmen. Hobart went 41-5 during his career, earning four straight NCAA playoff bids including quarterfinal appearances in 2012 and 2014.

The 61st overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft made him the highest selection ever for a Division III player. Marpet has started every game he's played in for Tampa Bay, winning Super Bowl LV 31-9 over Kansas City.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Podcast was a good listen as always (thanks Ted).

I'll defer to the guys who know more about the xs and os but it sure sounds like in spite of the middie depth this season the coaches have a small group of guys they think are the ones to make things happen both on O and D.

Not sure how this plays out over a long season, but just a small takeaway. Like the sound of the leadership the kids are taking in practice and keeping standards high. Could be a special season if we stay healthy.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Realizing that the Ivy lax season started this week, it is nonetheless promising that the Statesmen held their own vs the Bulldogs today...don't have details but was told the teams played to a tie. I know it's early...hoping we can avoid the early season injury bug.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Considering Mich waxed somebody today and had a strong scrimmage vs Cuse the three scrimmage run of consistent performance over the last three weeks while building depth and having some significant seeming upside all appears to bode well. Unless they blow their load before the meat of the season but we hit Cornell/Lehigh quick so I’m excited.

Heard it was 7-7 so hoping the offense is prepared but suspect that’s a work in progress in terms of lines and depth. And that our goalies can stay healthy being fairly thin. There was supposed to be a canadian Bland but be elected to go straight pro leaving us a little thin there.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Always hard to tell anything from scrimmage scores
Dont know who was playing starters / subs etc..
I heard execution wasn’t pretty solid which is what we’re looking for,

Knox and Blanchard had good starts with OSU
Knox 3G , Blanchard 3-5 f/o
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

The @HobartLaxFans twitter / IG handle did a nice job updating the scores / scrimmage. I think it ended up at 11-11, but that's a win in my book, especially given how competitive the Ivy is year in and out.

Hopefully the team will get off to a quick, good start Saturday. It's great that it's finally game week. Looking fwd to hearing Ted and Coach's preview pod on Thursday.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

catchnshoot wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:39 pm Always hard to tell anything from scrimmage scores

Correct, a scrimmage score is irrelevant, what's important is that Hobart hung with Yale for the duration.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

catchnshoot wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:39 pm Always hard to tell anything from scrimmage scores

Did you see Inacio’s line on FOs in that game? Was something like 19/22.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Also heard it was 11-11. Someone said that Hobart probably had the upper hand and that it should have been 11-10 but for some sloppy play. I did hear that execution was not so good in a few areas, including clears. Seems Yale may have used a 10 man ride that threw us. If so, I'd fully expect to see that on Saturday. Trouble with the 10 man ride has plagued us for years (though I thought we got out of that rut about 2 years ago).
I'd be curious if anyone heard about faceoffs ... How is the new guy doing? I worry if Shay is the sole force out there. Also, there was mention that multiple goalies got in. Would that have been Soutiropolous? Any sense how he did?
Can't wait for Saturday.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Sources tell me Sotiropoulos played in Q3 and did well. The transfer from Stony Brook saw action in Q4. Clearing was/is still an adventure. Hope Holtby and the rest of the defense have been practicing their full field shooting. Curious as to who the starters will be. Guess that what we'll hear on the next podcast?
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

A Facebook post listed the following goal scorers: Delano, Herlihy, Archer, Madonna, Synnott; Dattellas; Mott (2), and Ward (3). Think that adds up to 11. No other information provided.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Synnott is a terrific end to end long stick. He’s going to put up 5-7 goals this year if the transition game is tight.

3 for ward - he may very well be down on that left attack spot. Can’t wait to see Delano too.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Ryan Archer is on the initial Tewaaraton watch list!! Congrats Ryan and to all those on the list!
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Good Q1 7-2, Shea killing it at FO, first goals for Rosa (EMO) and Delano. Herlihy looks healthy and bouncy. Holtby seeing ball well. So far so good.

James Greene looks good out there

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”