January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:37 am TRUMP’S COUP ATTEMPTS: A TALE OF FIVE PARDON DANGLES
It is the case that Trump has now dangled pardons at a time he doesn’t have the power to grant them. Even that is not new, though, given that Roger Stone was brokering a Julian Assange pardon no later than November 15, 2016 and probably starting even before the election, in October 2016.

This latest dangle is more newsworthy, though — and for reporters who don’t want to enable Trump’s authoritarian power, ought to be reported as — an attempt to reclaim power he already lost after reneging on promises of pardons made while he still had the power to grant them.

It is not news that Trump used pardon dangles as one tool to attempt a coup on January 6. At least five people directly involved in the coup attempt benefitted from pardons, some awarded at key times in the planning process, with Steve Bannon’s issued at the last possible moment.

It is not news that Trump is making pardon dangles publicly to try to bend the will and buy the silence of others. This latest pardon dangle comes in the wake of five events, all of which pose a direct threat to Trump:

December 15: The Select Committee contempt referral for Mark Meadows that puts him at risk of Presidential Records Act and obstruction prosecution
January 12: The indictment on sedition charges of the Oath Keepers whose testimony could most directly damage Trump
January 19: SCOTUS’ refusal to reverse the DC Circuit order allowing the Archives to share Trump records
January 19: The delivery to prosecutors, on January 19, of a large number of texts and messages from Rudy Giuliani’s phones
January 20: The Select Committee request for Ivanka’s testimony, which strongly suggested she has violated the Presidential Records Act
January 21: The report from Sidney Powell’s attorney that she is “cooperating” in her own prosecution and the Select Committee
What’s newsworthy is that Trump is trying this tack after reneging on promises to three of the people involved (during the last days of his Administration, there were reports that Meadows, Rudy, and Ivanka all might receive pardons) that Trump made in the course of planning for the coup.

So I’d like to tell the story of five pardons — three granted, and two withheld — in the context of Trump’s attempted coup on January 6.
Make popcorn. Read on.

That horse is dead Dis. No matter how many times you keep beating on it there is no more life left in the story. Time to move along sonny... I can't blame you for trying and crying.. never let a good crisis go to waste. FTR are you okay with butter on your 🍿
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Right, just move on...Only if you just don't care about the country.

Meanwhile, is this "cancel culture;" asking for a friend?

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/148 ... iwxKspAAAA
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 am Right, just move on...Only if you just don't care about the country.

If a Democrat spent her entire day doing nothing but complaining about Joe Biden, going on Fox television to say Biden was the worst and every Democrat who supported him too, would you simply say, ‘gee that’s okay!’?

Liz is angling for a job on television. Straight up. She’s going to easily lose her primary. She wants a seat of influence, and the only avenue right now is television. MSNBC seems to love statist neocons who agitate for war, so my guess is that is who will hire her.

I don’t care one way or the other if she complains about Trump, doesn’t complain, stays in the party, or leaves. We all know what’s going on regardless.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:05 am Right, just move on...Only if you just don't care about the country.

A certain portion of the right just wants to move on an hope it just all goes away, and the RWM like Fox News is trying their best to ignore it.

It is the only way they keep their indoctrinated base intact and have a hope for the presidency in 2024. But start getting the indictments for say Giuliani and Powell, and then I think more hell breaks loose...
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

All the better to just come back later, when indictments start to drop on the heads of the trump crime family, and bleat about "harassment" and "political witch hunt". Awww, these relentlessly negative Libs just can't let this nonsense go!" "No indictments have ever come out, so our Dear Leader is 100% innocent!"

Bubble Boy up in Rochester is gonna be GOB SMACKED when this whole thing REALLY starts to blow up in coming weeks/months. Just in time for 2022 midterm season...cinch up yer bloomers boyz 'n grrls...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

You take the guilty people, try them in a court of law and let the legal process do what it does. Then counselor you move on. My first priority is hoping the US government has implemented a security protocol at our nations capital that should have been in place 20 years ago.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:21 am All the better to just come back later, when indictments start to drop on the heads of the trump crime family, and bleat about "harassment" and "political witch hunt". Awww, these relentlessly negative Libs just can't let this nonsense go!" "No indictments have ever come out, so our Dear Leader is 100% innocent!"

Bubble Boy up in Rochester is gonna be GOB SMACKED when this whole thing REALLY starts to blow up in coming weeks/months. Just in time for 2022 midterm season...cinch up yer bloomers boyz 'n grrls...

Then let blow up Dis. I don't give a flying fig about what happens to these 1/6/21 protesters. There punishment is now in the hands of the feds. I don't give a flying fig how much jail time they get. What they get is what they will deserve. I do understand the rational of the far left wingers on this forum.. never let a good crisis go to waste. Sooner or later Dis you will keel over from exhaustion from beating that dead horse. You will then have gained some volume of personal satisfaction for your effort. :D
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:45 am
dislaxxic wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:21 am All the better to just come back later, when indictments start to drop on the heads of the trump crime family, and bleat about "harassment" and "political witch hunt". Awww, these relentlessly negative Libs just can't let this nonsense go!" "No indictments have ever come out, so our Dear Leader is 100% innocent!"

Then let blow up Dis. I don't give a flying fig about what happens to these 1/6/21 protesters. There punishment is now in the hands of the feds. I don't give a flying fig how much jail time they get. What they get is what they will deserve. I do understand the rational of the far left wingers on this forum.. never let a good crisis go to waste. Sooner or later Dis you will keel over from exhaustion from beating that dead horse. You will then have gained some volume of personal satisfaction for your effort. :D
:shock: still stuck on that I see.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:57 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:45 am

:shock: still stuck on that I see.
What am I stuck on? People charged with felonies and being held accountable in a court of law. I thought that was how it was done in America? I musta missed something?
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The coordination, acceptance and proactive efforts to support this behavior and what it was by sitting political leaders and their close associates. That’s the much bigger issue than the action on the ground by a bunch of (dangerous) knuckleheads. It’s like training dogs to fight or cockfighting promoters except the death result could be the decline of our country and society in this case.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:20 am The coordination, acceptance and proactive efforts to support this behavior and what it was by sitting political leaders and their close associates. That’s the much bigger issue than the action on the ground by a bunch of (dangerous) knuckleheads. It’s like training dogs to fight or cockfighting promoters except the death result could be the decline of our country and society in this case.
I get what your saying. The legal system applies to all of them as well. IMO the issue becomes so convoluted proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt becomes extremely difficult.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:35 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:20 am The coordination, acceptance and proactive efforts to support this behavior and what it was by sitting political leaders and their close associates. That’s the much bigger issue than the action on the ground by a bunch of (dangerous) knuckleheads. It’s like training dogs to fight or cockfighting promoters except the death result could be the decline of our country and society in this case.
I get what your saying. The legal system applies to all of them as well. IMO the issue becomes so convoluted proving guilt beyond a reasonable doubt becomes extremely difficult.
That’s what makes it so much more nefarious and worthy of concern for all citizens.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:15 am What am I stuck on? People charged with felonies and being held accountable in a court of law. I thought that was how it was done in America? I musta missed something?
WHOO BOY, i guess you did!

All us Far Left Progressive Radical Flamethrowers around here have been wondering about the Big Cheese types at the top that drove all those "slobbering dupes" to the Capitol that day. Cause, ya know...democracy... I'm sure that, in your infinite wisdom, you can see how the ringleaders of such a knuckleheaded plot need to be held to account...do you agree? eww, it might be haard! Yeah, it'll be hard alright, that's why there is very likely an ARMY of feds poking into every nook and cranny of this tin-pot plot. Keep your eyes on this thread Cranky, we'll keep you up to speed on all things COUP! Coup, Coup, CaCHEW! :lol:

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:55 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:15 am What am I stuck on? People charged with felonies and being held accountable in a court of law. I thought that was how it was done in America? I musta missed something?

All us Far Left Progressive Radical Flamethrowers around here have been wondering about the Big Cheese types at the top that drove all those "slobbering dupes" to the Capitol that day. Cause, ya know...democracy... I'm sure that, in your infinite wisdom, you can see how the ringleaders of such a knuckleheaded plot need to be held to account...do you agree? eww, it might be haard! Yeah, it'll be hard alright, that's why there is very likely an ARMY of feds poking into every nook and cranny of this tin-pot plot. Keep your eyes on this thread Cranky, we'll keep you up to speed on all things COUP! Coup, Coup, CaCHEW! :lol:

It's not hard at all Dis. I'm not sure which group is more repugnant to me right now. The protesters on the right or the protesters on the left. I'm perfectly fine letting the justice system deal with these people. The basic concept of justice has not changed has it? Your innocent until proven guilty. Even a FLP whack a mole such as yourself should understand that concept.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:49 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:35 am
That’s what makes it so much more nefarious and worthy of concern for all citizens.
I agree 100%. I have said this before on this forum. It is the age old lament of any prosecutor.. there is what you know, what you think you know and what you can prove. Robert Mueller made that clear in his report.
Bob Ross:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:55 am

"at the top" ?

Does that include the factual FBI agents, or is it only Russia that uses "agent provacatures" to pull of "operation northwoods" type events. Biden's State dept. sure is pushing THAT story.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:56 am

A certain portion of the right just wants to move on an hope it just all goes away, and the RWM like Fox News is trying their best to ignore it.

It is the only way they keep their indoctrinated base intact and have a hope for the presidency in 2024. But start getting the indictments for say Giuliani and Powell, and then I think more hell breaks loose...
I'm not a part of the right. I say move on because the job of prosecuting these individuals falls squarely in the hands of the DOJ. Let them do their job. However far up the chain a case can be proven then let the cards fall where they will.
Bob Ross:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Ironic that the party with all the blue lives matter flags thinks brutalizing 150 police officers on Jan 6th was ‘legitimate political discourse.’
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Legitimate political discourse?

Decry it or accept your complicity. Simple.

Spare me any lengthy rationalizations.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:19 pm Ironic that the party with all the blue lives matter flags thinks brutalizing 150 police officers on Jan 6th was ‘legitimate political discourse.’
I don't know what the blue lives matter people think. The bottom line is the process of bringing the people who are alleged to have committed crimes that day is on going. I'm fairly certain that they would support that effort 100%. FTR it was political discourse until the radical elements decided to storm the building. My opinion, much to the chagrin of some folks here, is the capital police should have been allowed greater leeway to stop them in their tracks. No that does not mean mowing them all down. It does mean upping the options in beating these people back could have been employed. That is if there had ever been such a security option in place, which clearly there was not. If there was a lesson to be learned from the events of 1/6 is that the folks in charge of security at the US Capital now have a plan in place.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”