All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

admin
Site Admin

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by admin »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:53 am You lie Goebbels!...
JHU, we get it. You don't like the guy. And... No personal attacks...
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:59 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:44 pm The study was literally published by Johns Hopkins.

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files ... tality.pdf
The study has literally not been published by Johns Hopkins. Why lie about it?

It's a Working Paper, listed here - https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/worki ... economics/

Dig a little and find out what a Working Paper is champ.

Also, jhu72, Working Papers are routinely posted on department websites. It's not an improper use. But outlets claiming it's an actual peer-reviewed study, published or not, is indeed fake news.
--- I would be surprised with Hopkins logos all over it without it having been blessed through documentation control. You put an electronic copy of a published paper, peer reviewed, with Hopkins markings all over it, having gone through document control not a problem. This was clearly not in that class. In this day and age every serious institution has rules for documentation control, I would expect Hopkins to be no different. I will grant the rules are probably lightly enforced, counting on individual self enforcement.

Working papers don't need institution logos on them.

In any case, my point is someone was trying to make this look like something it was not!
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:56 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:42 pm
Bart wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:35 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:32 pm Simple question.. why can't a profound disagreement end with someone not being accused of being a Nazi propaganda minister? That is all..
Godwin's law.
ha!
what i want to know... what is the cv we need them to have in order to publish a paper and universally recognize them here on fanlax?

and don't tell me masters of public health from xyz, because i reject that out of hand!

why can't it all be about common sense?!?!?
Do you believe staying away from a person with the flu increases your risk of contracting it? You tell the folks you work with that they should come in the office when they are sick? It’s safer that way?

Ha!
some tertiary questions, but i'll try.
no.
no.
no.
did you want more detailed and nuanced answers?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:23 pm
NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:59 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:44 pm The study was literally published by Johns Hopkins.

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files ... tality.pdf
The study has literally not been published by Johns Hopkins. Why lie about it?

It's a Working Paper, listed here - https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/worki ... economics/

Dig a little and find out what a Working Paper is champ.

Also, jhu72, Working Papers are routinely posted on department websites. It's not an improper use. But outlets claiming it's an actual peer-reviewed study, published or not, is indeed fake news.
--- I would be surprised with Hopkins logos all over it without it having been blessed through documentation control. You put an electronic copy of a published paper, peer reviewed, with Hopkins markings all over it, having gone through document control not a problem. This was clearly not in that class. In this day and age every serious institution has rules for documentation control, I would expect Hopkins to be no different. I will grant the rules are probably lightly enforced, counting on individual self enforcement.

Working papers don't need institution logos on them.

In any case, my point is someone was trying to make this look like something it was not!
What is it, beyond just another reference point ? Why so angry about this? Defensive?

I predickted you and yours would eat your own........loose ball push....play on.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:23 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:32 pm Simple question.. why can't a profound disagreement end with someone not being accused of being a Nazi propaganda minister? That is all..
Godwin's law.
ha!
what i want to know... what is the cv we need them to have in order to publish a paper and universally recognize them here on fanlax?

and don't tell me masters of public health from xyz, because i reject that out of hand!

Do you believe staying away from a person with the flu increases your risk of contracting it? You tell the folks you work with that they should come in the office when they are sick? It’s safer that way?

Ha!
no.
no.
no.
no.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:32 pm
Godwin's law.
ha!

Ha!
no.
no.
no.
no.
:lol:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:05 pm I am going by the fact that its accessible only via a Johns Hopkins website and server. That seems to imply that Hopkins takes ownership in the paper.
I guess ignorance is an excuse in your world...

Well now you know it wasn't published by Hopkins or anyone, and that it hasn't been peer reviewed for accuracy.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:50 amok
Fixed now
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:52 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:46 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:42 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:36 pm
remember when the Princeton attackman did a hockey celebration when scoring at Homewood.....BAM.......think he got a 3 minute non realeaseable.

fresh out of the box......to boot. bizarre.

Calling anyone ‘Goebbels’, as that poster did, is likely a violation of the board rules here.
... truth is truth Goebbels!

Directed personal insults violate the board rules here.
So is "Putineque" trolling simply to inflame.

I agree that "Goebbels" is an insult, warranted or not, and doesn't improve the tenor of the discourse.

But you need to stop trying to incite such responses.
None of it is illuminating, other than to re-expose how ticked off people are.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:13 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:35 pm I go to the grocery store once a week. No masks. a fan implies only poor people go to the grocery store? I’m not so sure about that.
No. I imply that those who WORK at grocery stores at the height of the pandemic aren''t 1%ers like you, Pete. And have no choice but to show up for work. And the TinFoilHat right wing propaganda tells them: shut up and work. This is all a hoax. A million Americans haven't died. Keep shoveling money into my pockets. Nothing to see here,
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:35 pm Why is the left so bananas over the Hopkins report? And now Hanke is, what, a far right QAnon guy?! It’s a report. Read it. To me it describes Florida’s successful model.
:lol: Like I said....you're all over it because it tells you what you want to hear. You didn't read a word of it.
Consistent with his usual reading comprehension...often wonder whether he bothers beyond whatever right wing feed sends him this stuff to re-post. Because if one bothered to actually read, and actually did graduate even from GatorU ;) , one would think comprehension would be better.

BTW, is Florida's mortality rate (deaths/million pop) better or worse than the mean of the USA, better or worse (by far) the mean of other developed countries around the world? Heck, all countries reporting?

Hard to understand how that's "successful" when so much of the US has a lower mortality rate, and how so much of the rest of the world has done better.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Godwin's law.
ha!

No one agrees to what “common sense” or “universal truths” are anymore for $1,000?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bart wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:49 pm
remember when the Princeton attackman did a hockey celebration when scoring at Homewood.....BAM.......think he got a 3 minute non realeaseable.

Calling anyone ‘Goebbels’, as that poster did, is likely a violation of the board rules here.
Boy...I hope you left a stash in the sin bin.
Or a rock carving tool and poster of Jane Fonda in the old cell!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:42 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:52 pm

Directed personal insults violate the board rules here.
So is "Putineque" trolling simply to inflame.

I agree that "Goebbels" is an insult, warranted or not, and doesn't improve the tenor of the discourse.

But you need to stop trying to incite such responses.
None of it is illuminating, other than to re-expose how ticked off people are.
How is linking a "report" inciting anything ? youth actually was the first to post a reference to this "report". I actually linked the actual report.

what does Pete have to do with "inciting", if youth and I aren't gonna be accused of doing the same.

Why so afraid of information? Also, glad you feel it's an insult. Directly out of jail ? it's all cool, as long as the "right" people are insulted...got it.

play on......

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:36 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:05 pm I am going by the fact that its accessible only via a Johns Hopkins website and server. That seems to imply that Hopkins takes ownership in the paper.

Well now you know it wasn't published by Hopkins or anyone, and that it hasn't been peer reviewed for accuracy.
yup...........who is it published by?
a fan

Post by a fan »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:48 pm
These people won't get the HPV for their daughters.
I know what you're spitting, but

Do you want ants, NattyBoh? Because this is how you get ants!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:32 pm
Godwin's law.
ha!

Ha!
no.
no.
no.
no.
I knew you would laugh.
“I wish you would!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:51 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:13 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:35 pm I go to the grocery store once a week. No masks. a fan implies only poor people go to the grocery store? I’m not so sure about that.
No. I imply that those who WORK at grocery stores at the height of the pandemic aren''t 1%ers like you, Pete. And have no choice but to show up for work. And the TinFoilHat right wing propaganda tells them: shut up and work. This is all a hoax. A million Americans haven't died. Keep shoveling money into my pockets. Nothing to see here,
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:35 pm Why is the left so bananas over the Hopkins report? And now Hanke is, what, a far right QAnon guy?! It’s a report. Read it. To me it describes Florida’s successful model.
:lol: Like I said....you're all over it because it tells you what you want to hear. You didn't read a word of it.
Consistent with his usual reading comprehension...often wonder whether he bothers beyond whatever right wing feed sends him this stuff to re-post. Because if one bothered to actually read, and actually did graduate even from GatorU ;) , one would think comprehension would be better.

BTW, is Florida's mortality rate (deaths/million pop) better or worse than the mean of the USA, better or worse (by far) the mean of other developed countries around the world? Heck, all countries reporting?

Hard to understand how that's "successful" when so much of the US has a lower mortality rate, and how so much of the rest of the world has done better.
Your first paragraph is nothing but an attack on a posters mental capacity. Mocking their eduction, as worthless.

I view this as a personal attack, words that serve no purpose other than disparaging another poster, not commenting on the topic (covid )

Please knock it off, aren't you better than this ?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... and the conclusions are based on cherry picked, at best, data.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:55 pm

yup...........who is it published by?
... keep up :roll: Steve Hanke, et al. You like the paper, contact him. You don't like it, contact him. Just being obtuse, I can't help you.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

"and that it hasn't been peer reviewed for accuracy."
jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:11 pm
... and the conclusions are based on cherry picked, at best, data.
i almost forgot what subject we were on.

Return to “POLITICS”