All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:27 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:20 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:53 am Hanke has done this before (I was not aware of this) and got called on it. This is a right wing dirty trick. It was not funded by the government! It was not funded by Johns Hopkins! It is not peer reviewed, it is claimed to be "a leaked working paper". MY ASS! Hanke allowed it to be leaked because it fits his politics. Hanke is at the end of his career, 79 years old. I guess he figured he had nothing to lose.
This is just stupid out of the gate.

What control country are they using? There isn't one.

This is what I said earlier: next pandemic, what will happen is that relatively rich families like mine will have a full array of options. All the medical care, vaccines, etc. available. I haven't been in a grocery store in years. I can afford delivery.

And the poor and working class, living check to check? They'll get a steady diet disinformation, TeamTinFoil hat stories like this one where it is accepted by the team IMMEDIATELY, simply because they LOVE the headline. They won't dissect it like they do with anything coming from the medical community. They won't say "follow the money". It's like watching a monkey screw a football (thank you Herb Brooks).

The poor will refuse care, and die in droves. Shut up and get back to work. Meanwhile, all the TinFoilHat media, pushing the buffalo bagels? Oh, they'll be fully vaccinated, distanced from the rabble, and have access to the very best care.

Oh, the pride that TeamTinFoil will enjoy. Meanwhile, I'm trying to relax, and get rid of my anger as friends and colleagues get sucked up by TeamTinFoil.....and die.
Why can't it just be information? not right, or wrong, just information? The full report was posted recently, why comment if one hasn't actually read it?

Yup.....Hopkins is now the stupid ones..

Your dogma is "listen to the Doc'' " Just only when you agree ....geez.

Information, why go "tinfoil" hat on Hopkins research ? :lol:

... I can understand why you support "alternative truth" :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:35 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:03 pm https://nationalpost.com/health/johns-h ... ea4fd/amp/

Staying away from people doesn’t impact the spread of a contagion. It’s perfectly sensible.
... this could be a much bigger story, depends on how Hopkins wants to handle it. At minimum Hanke is done, they will make his life miserable and force him to retire. They could conceivably sue him for using their name in an unauthorized fashion. This of course was the whole point of the exercise. Hopkins brand has grown during the pandemic, the right wing wanted to trade on that name / brand. What better way? That's why I call it a dirty trick. Hopkins like all universities hold their brand dear. All the right wing rags will get hit with a cease and desist I would guess. They will want Hanke to make a helpful statement.
“The Johns Hopkins Study”…..nice.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:36 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:32 pm Simple question.. why can't a profound disagreement end with someone not being accused of being a Nazi propaganda minister? That is all..
remember when the Princeton attackman did a hockey celebration when scoring at Homewood.....BAM.......think he got a 3 minute non realeaseable.

fresh out of the box......to boot. bizarre.

Calling anyone ‘Goebbels’, as that poster did, is likely a violation of the board rules here.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:35 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:32 pm Simple question.. why can't a profound disagreement end with someone not being accused of being a Nazi propaganda minister? That is all..
Godwin's law.
ha!
what i want to know... what is the cv we need them to have in order to publish a paper and universally recognize them here on fanlax?

and don't tell me masters of public health from xyz, because i reject that out of hand!

why can't it all be about common sense?!?!?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:38 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:03 pm https://nationalpost.com/health/johns-h ... ea4fd/amp/

Staying away from people doesn’t impact the spread of a contagion. It’s perfectly sensible.
... this could be a much bigger story, depends on how Hopkins wants to handle it. At minimum Hanke is done, they will make his life miserable and force him to retire. They could conceivably sue him for using their name in an unauthorized fashion. This of course was the whole point of the exercise. Hopkins brand has grown during the pandemic, the right wing wanted to trade on that name / brand. What better way? That's why I call it a dirty trick. Hopkins like all universities hold their brand dear. All the right wing rags will get hit with a cease and desist I would guess. They will want Hanke to make a helpful statement.
tld says, " they can't DIE fast enough "

toungue and cheek, of course.

Anytime something tries to go plural ,when attacking "mouthbreathers" and wishing them dead ....is cool.

salesmen....... :lol: :lol:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

The study was literally published by Johns Hopkins.

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files ... tality.pdf
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:42 pm
remember when the Princeton attackman did a hockey celebration when scoring at Homewood.....BAM.......think he got a 3 minute non realeaseable.

Calling anyone ‘Goebbels’, as that poster did, is likely a violation of the board rules here.
... truth is truth Goebbels!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:42 pm
Godwin's law.
ha!
what i want to know... what is the cv we need them to have in order to publish a paper and universally recognize them here on fanlax?

and don't tell me masters of public health from xyz, because i reject that out of hand!

If the Spanish hadn't invaded the America's, the Mississippi river valley's cities may still be around. Since they stayed away from Europeans, no small pox, STD's, etc. Makes sense that if you don't ever fly, you want die in a crash. logic. Is the point of life to stay isolated and alone , just to keep from getting the sniffles?

L
Bart

Post by Bart »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:46 pm

Boy...I hope you left a stash in the sin bin.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Directed personal insults violate the board rules here.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Bart wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:49 pm

Boy...I hope you left a stash in the sin bin.
Multiple "conduct fouls" become full birds, if we are playing "lacrosse game"......bizarro world.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:42 pm
Godwin's law.
ha!

Do you believe staying away from a person with the flu increases your risk of contracting it? You tell the folks you work with that they should come in the office when they are sick? It’s safer that way?

Ha!
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:44 pm

... no, it was put on a Johns Hopkins owned web server exposed to the outside world. Steve Hanke used that computer resource improperly.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:56 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:44 pm

... no, it was put on a Johns Hopkins owned web server exposed to the outside world. Steve Hanke used that computer resource improperly.
That University of Florida education is showing again.
“I wish you would!”
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:44 pm The study was literally published by Johns Hopkins.

The study has literally not been published by Johns Hopkins. Why lie about it?

It's a Working Paper, listed here - https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/worki ... economics/

Dig a little and find out what a Working Paper is champ.

Also, jhu72, Working Papers are routinely posted on department websites. It's not an improper use. But outlets claiming it's an actual peer-reviewed study, published or not, is indeed fake news.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:52 pm

... that wasn't and insult -- for you it is a personal compliment!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:59 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:44 pm The study was literally published by Johns Hopkins.

It's a Working Paper, listed here - https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/worki ... economics/

Also, jhu72, Working Papers are routinely posted on department websites. It's not an improper use. But outlets claiming it's an actual peer-reviewed study, published or not, is indeed fake news.
and those spreaking the fake news......"can't die soon enough", correct ?
Nice humane philosophy.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:59 pm

I am going by the fact that its accessible only via a Johns Hopkins website and server. That seems to imply that Hopkins takes ownership in the paper.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:01 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:52 pm

... that wasn't and insult -- for you it is a personal compliment!
We are real sorry that you were lied two....and got TrumpU's fake "vaccine". And got sick anyway.

do you think long term covid problems are real, or fake news?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:35 pm I go to the grocery store once a week. No masks. a fan implies only poor people go to the grocery store? I’m not so sure about that.
No. I imply that those who WORK at grocery stores at the height of the pandemic aren''t 1%ers like you, Pete. And have no choice but to show up for work. And the TinFoilHat right wing propaganda tells them: shut up and work. This is all a hoax. A million Americans haven't died. Keep shoveling money into my pockets. Nothing to see here,
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:35 pm Why is the left so bananas over the Hopkins report? And now Hanke is, what, a far right QAnon guy?! It’s a report. Read it. To me it describes Florida’s successful model.
:lol: Like I said....you're all over it because it tells you what you want to hear. You didn't read a word of it.

Return to “POLITICS”