JMU to the AAC!

D1 Womens Lacrosse
livelovelax

JMU to the AAC!

Post by livelovelax »

The JMU Dukes are moving on to the American Athletic Conference.
hmmm

Re: JMU to the AAC!

Post by hmmm »

livelovelax wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:41 am The JMU Dukes are moving on to the American Athletic Conference.
Florida will finally have some competition for that AQ. Good move for the Dukes.
Bart

Post by Bart »

hmmm wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:55 am
livelovelax wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:41 am The JMU Dukes are moving on to the American Athletic Conference.
Florida will finally have some competition for that AQ. Good move for the Dukes.
Well that will be interesting. Good for JMU.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:32 pm
hmmm wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:55 am
Well that will be interesting. Good for JMU.
And good for Florida.
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

So does the AAC now become the 3rd best women's lacrosse conference? Florida, JMU, are top 20 teams on a regular basis. Temple and Vanderbilt flirt with being a top 20 team recently (Actually think Temple may have ended the season last year in the Top 20)

Is it a stronger conference than the Big East and CAA and Patriot league now? Just wondering out loud.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

TNLAX wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:50 pm So does the AAC now become the 3rd best women's lacrosse conference? Florida, JMU, are top 20 teams on a regular basis. Temple and Vanderbilt flirt with being a top 20 team recently (Actually think Temple may have ended the season last year in the Top 20)

Is it a stronger conference than the Big East and CAA and Patriot league now? Just wondering out loud.
If you're going by the top 2 best teams in each conference, yes--until the Ivy gets back up to speed.

AAC - JMU, Florida
Big East - Denver, UConn/Georgetown
CAA - Stony Brook, Towson

or even PAC 12 - Stanford, USC/Arizona St/Colorado

I'm not sure there's a clear number 2 after Loyola in the Patriot
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:27 pm
TNLAX wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:50 pm So does the AAC now become the 3rd best women's lacrosse conference? Florida, JMU, are top 20 teams on a regular basis. Temple and Vanderbilt flirt with being a top 20 team recently (Actually think Temple may have ended the season last year in the Top 20)

If you're going by the top 2 best teams in each conference, yes--until the Ivy gets back up to speed.

AAC - JMU, Florida

Well, except for the last two seasons, Navy had been a consistent top 20 team. We will see if they rebound. Keep your eyes on Lehigh..yes they lost Dickey, but they are moving up the PL rankings.

Now, what I said above doesn't mean I believe that the PL is a top 3 conference. It likely isn't. But the argument with those 3 (AAC, Big East and CAA) is that they historically have one clear top team, one next level and then alot of fodder. AAC may have just jumped to the third best conference based purely on two teams, not necessarily on the median of the conference.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Dr. Tact wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:01 pm

AAC - JMU, Florida

Well, except for the last two seasons, Navy had been a consistent top 20 team. We will see if they rebound. Keep your eyes on Lehigh..yes they lost Dickey, but they are moving up the PL rankings.

Now, what I said above doesn't mean I believe that the PL is a top 3 conference. It likely isn't. But the argument with those 3 (AAC, Big East and CAA) is that they historically have one clear top team, one next level and then alot of fodder. AAC may have just jumped to the third best conference based purely on two teams, not necessarily on the median of the conference.
I’m not so sure it’s based on just the top two teams. What other conference outside of the top 2 can compare with the AAC’s top 4 with JMU? Florida, JMU, Temple and Vandy.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

Justalaxdad wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:16 pm

AAC - JMU, Florida

I’m not so sure it’s based on just the top two teams. What other conference outside of the top 2 can compare with the AAC’s top 4 with JMU? Florida, JMU, Temple and Vandy.
If you posed that question in 2019/early 2020 I'd say Ivy, but like ONW said, we're going to have to wait and see
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

AAC - JMU, Florida

Good point, dad. I can't come up with another conference that has a top 4 to match the AAC now that JMU is joining because what Doc pointed out about the other conferences is true--"one clear top team, one next level and then a lot of fodder."
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

AAC - JMU, Florida

Well, that was just my opinion as the quote I was responding started the two team thought. I won't argue that AAC isn't the 3rd best conference. It likely is...I just was framing it a certain way. BTW, I dont think Temple or Vandy are world beaters...maybe the best 3/4 teams outside of the top two conferences?

OK, I will argue a bit :twisted: ....If we are going to go 3 or 4 deep, then I might take IVY over AAC, PL, etc.
Justalaxdad

Post by Justalaxdad »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:27 am

AAC - JMU, Florida

Well, that was just my opinion as the quote I was responding started the two team thought. I won't argue that AAC isn't the 3rd best conference. It likely is...I just was framing it a certain way. BTW, I dont think Temple or Vandy are world beaters...maybe the best 3/4 teams outside of the top two conferences?

OK, I will argue a bit :twisted: ....If we are going to go 3 or 4 deep, then I might take IVY over AAC, PL, etc.
It's all good.

Agreed, those two are definitely not "world beaters" (never suggested they were), but they're two solid teams. Again, it's all up for debate and just for fun until the season starts. As always, the proof will in the pudding at the end of the season, not the beginning.

Cheers!
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Saturday could be a barn burner in Harrisonburg. Go Dukes!

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”