The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:11 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:45 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:02 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:59 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:49 pm This discussion is prima facie evidence that people around here will argue about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

There is no shared experience, no slack given. NADA. :oops: :P :P :P :P

My team hates everything about your team regardless of facts and your teams reciprocates in kind.
It's true. The shouting of an "illegal attack" and grieving over "good guy" Soliemani was loud around here.
seriously?
That's your response to this successful action?

Partisan baloney? cuz, the other side does it?
BTW, I don't recall ANYONE saying positive things about Soleimani.
Why exaggerate?
No, that's my response to Kismet's comment.

No exaggeration needed. Here was some of the response to Trump/Soleimani situation:

A couple jokes:
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:36 pm ... a warrant for Trump's arrest has been sworn by the Supreme Judicial Council of Iran. :lol: I say we extradite him.
CU77 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:38 pm Works for me. Biden's first order of business should be to set up an extradition treaty with Iran.
And, a couple more serious:
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:44 am Treasonous reich wing America haters rejoiced at the death of General Qassem Soleimani. This came as no surprised given that he was ISIS's and Sunni terrorism's biggest enemy. The delusional traitors who hate America, the cause for peace, and who strive for regional instability rub their hands with orgasmic glee at any news that promotes their profitable wars. One piece of garbage they spew nowadays is the fairy tale that Iranians want war with the USA. Contrary to the endless lies and propaganda spewed by the American Der Stürmer news media, Iranians are not at all enthused about such an unhappy prospect:
Iran has been fighting with Sunni domestic terrorism for decades. It was Soleimani who had put down so much of their violent dissent. Traitor tRUMP's decision to have him murdered lessened Iran's success in fighting terrorism and caused more instability in the region. Small wonder why reichsters in the USA celebrated his death. Let's hope that Biden will employ diplomacy and common sense that Hitlerian tRUMP refused to do so that peace can prevail in the region.
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:10 pm
The decision to kill Soleimani

Reading the article if the timeline is correct, there is no way Trump considered for even one second some special new intel signaling anything imminent. Just more lies and BS from these liars. :roll:

One Dem is now claiming they were debriefed today by Pence. Useless as teats on a bull. The democrats will be holding hearings of the intel community. They will find there was no new intel.

Trump is a war criminal - his actions were outside the law.

As rocket attacks against U.S. bases in Iraq intensified over the last two months, the president had granted the Pentagon extraordinary latitude: The U.S. military had his permission to kill Soleimani the next time it had an opportunity to do so, according to a senior defense official who was not authorized to speak on the record.

The article made no mention of a requirement to only take him out if there was an imminent threat. Soleimani green lighted lots of attacks IN THE PAST! There is zero current evidence he had ordered anything that was imminent. No one believable has been shown proof of imminent threat! Nothing but trust me from liars.

Frankly it is not going to matter. No one is going to do anything about Trump being a war criminal, other than the Iranians who will kill Americans regardless of crime or not, they don't care either.

Enjoy the body bags.
ok, so not Kismet though...you're just agreeing that it's ridiculous to turn everything into a partisan battle.

Might want to just say way to go America (and Biden) on this one.

Try it, it doesn't actually hurt.
So what was the reason for risking our forces in the first place? We put boots on the ground risking their lives so they could watch the bad guy blow up his own family. We could have accomplished the same thing with a well placed guided bomb. Didn't Joe pay any attention to how his former boss did it for 8 years? If you aren't concerned about collateral damage that is the way to go. Your not asking the pertinent question MD, why did this operation require boots on the ground and putting our best SO people at risk? Your only concern is patting Joe on the back and saying ATTABOY Joe. :roll: One well placed smart bomb would have achieved the same result.
It's indeed a tough tradeoff. Biden opted, as did Obama, to send "boot's" to be sure they got their target and to reduce likelihood civilian casualties.

Both of those actions were successful.

Got the bad guy (really, really bad guy) and no civilians (we think) were killed by Americans...just by the bad guy.

But certainly risked American lives.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:18 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:49 pm This discussion is prima facie evidence that people around here will argue about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

My team hates everything about your team regardless of facts and your teams reciprocates in kind.
It's true. The shouting of an "illegal attack" and grieving over "good guy" Soliemani was loud around here.
seriously?

Why exaggerate?

No exaggeration needed. Here was some of the response to Trump/Soleimani situation:

A couple jokes:
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:36 pm ... a warrant for Trump's arrest has been sworn by the Supreme Judicial Council of Iran. :lol: I say we extradite him.
CU77 wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:38 pm Works for me. Biden's first order of business should be to set up an extradition treaty with Iran.
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:44 am Treasonous reich wing America haters rejoiced at the death of General Qassem Soleimani. This came as no surprised given that he was ISIS's and Sunni terrorism's biggest enemy. The delusional traitors who hate America, the cause for peace, and who strive for regional instability rub their hands with orgasmic glee at any news that promotes their profitable wars. One piece of garbage they spew nowadays is the fairy tale that Iranians want war with the USA. Contrary to the endless lies and propaganda spewed by the American Der Stürmer news media, Iranians are not at all enthused about such an unhappy prospect:
Iran has been fighting with Sunni domestic terrorism for decades. It was Soleimani who had put down so much of their violent dissent. Traitor tRUMP's decision to have him murdered lessened Iran's success in fighting terrorism and caused more instability in the region. Small wonder why reichsters in the USA celebrated his death. Let's hope that Biden will employ diplomacy and common sense that Hitlerian tRUMP refused to do so that peace can prevail in the region.

Reading the article if the timeline is correct, there is no way Trump considered for even one second some special new intel signaling anything imminent. Just more lies and BS from these liars. :roll:

One Dem is now claiming they were debriefed today by Pence. Useless as teats on a bull. The democrats will be holding hearings of the intel community. They will find there was no new intel.

As rocket attacks against U.S. bases in Iraq intensified over the last two months, the president had granted the Pentagon extraordinary latitude: The U.S. military had his permission to kill Soleimani the next time it had an opportunity to do so, according to a senior defense official who was not authorized to speak on the record.

The article made no mention of a requirement to only take him out if there was an imminent threat. Soleimani green lighted lots of attacks IN THE PAST! There is zero current evidence he had ordered anything that was imminent. No one believable has been shown proof of imminent threat! Nothing but trust me from liars.

Frankly it is not going to matter. No one is going to do anything about Trump being a war criminal, other than the Iranians who will kill Americans regardless of crime or not, they don't care either.

Enjoy the body bags.
ok, so not Kismet though...you're just agreeing that it's ridiculous to turn everything into a partisan battle.

So what was the reason for risking our forces in the first place? We put boots on the ground risking their lives so they could watch the bad guy blow up his own family. We could have accomplished the same thing with a well placed guided bomb. Didn't Joe pay any attention to how his former boss did it for 8 years? If you aren't concerned about collateral damage that is the way to go. Your not asking the pertinent question MD, why did this operation require boots on the ground and putting our best SO people at risk? Your only concern is patting Joe on the back and saying ATTABOY Joe. :roll: One well placed smart bomb would have achieved the same result.
It's indeed a tough tradeoff. Biden opted, as did Obama, to send "boot's" to be sure they got their target and to reduce likelihood civilian casualties.

Got the bad guy (really, really bad guy) and no civilians (we think) were killed by Americans...just by the bad guy.

What was the reason for putting boots on the ground?? The only logic for doing so would be the intent to capture the really, really bad guy alive. Intel we had never inferred the really really bad guy would not have anticipated such an attack. Intel never suggested this guy was not so stupid he didn't anticipate this kind of attack. It revolves back to a risk vs reward scenario. Fortunately for Biden, this really really bad guy was so impatient he didn't take the time to wait for our SO people to enter the building. IMO, if Joe wanted him dead all he had to do was what his former boss did. Nobody, especially on this forum EVER questioned the motives and tactics of former POTUS Obama. They whined incessantly about water boarding and never said jack chit about collateral damage. I know very well how this game is played by the far left.

So I'm willing to give Joe a pat on the back here. He killed the bad guy and didn't eff things up for a change. Dumb luck is better than no luck.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:43 am

seriously?

Why exaggerate?

A couple jokes:

Enjoy the body bags.

What was the reason for putting boots on the ground?? The only logic for doing so would be the intent to capture the really, really bad guy alive. Intel we had never inferred the really really bad guy would not have anticipated such an attack. Intel never suggested this guy was not so stupid he didn't anticipate this kind of attack. It revolves back to a risk vs reward scenario. Fortunately for Biden, this really really bad guy was so impatient he didn't take the time to wait for our SO people to enter the building. IMO, if Joe wanted him dead all he had to do was what his former boss did. Nobody, especially on this forum EVER questioned the motives and tactics of former POTUS Obama. They whined incessantly about water boarding and never said jack chit about collateral damage. I know very well how this game is played by the far left.

So I'm willing to give Joe a pat on the back here. He killed the bad guy and didn't eff things up for a change. Dumb luck is better than no luck.
I answered your question.

1) Confirm they got him (DNA)
2) Minimize civilian casualties.

and there's 3) retrieve hard intelligence, computer disks, papers, etc.

Same as Bin Laden. Top guy, likely to have a lot of intel.

If they'd taken either alive, that would have additional intel value, but if I'm not mistaken, there wasn't really any expectation of that happening with either Bin Laden or this cat.

I realize you don't understand why #2 is important, but surely you'd agree that #1 and #3 are valuable...

But there's also a strong argument that minimizing civilian casualties is ultimately important in the long term. Civilian deaths breed more terrorists.

Put these 3 together and it's certainly a tough choice...putting American lives at risk is unlikely to be something Biden takes lightly.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:16 am

seriously?

Why exaggerate?

A couple jokes:

Enjoy the body bags.

If they'd taken either alive, that would have additional intel value, but if I'm not mistaken, there wasn't really any expectation of that happening with either Bin Laden or this cat.

I realize you don't understand why #2 is important, but surely you'd agree that #1 and #3 are valuable...

But there's also a strong argument that minimizing civilian casualties is ultimately important in the long term. Civilian deaths breed more terrorists.

Put these 3 together and it's certainly a tough choice...putting American lives at risk is unlikely to be something Biden takes lightly.
Of course I understand why #2 is important. Do you think the really really bad guy was unaware of why he was a high value target? That may explain why he wired the building he was living in to be blown up. You think he did not expect this type of attack at some point in time? You think his last wish before he blew himself and his family up was to not take out our people with him? He had already planned for this attack MD he didn't know when or where but he knew it was coming. It goes back to risk vs reward.

I know it is real early but how much Intel do you think our people got out of your point #3? Did they have time to wait for the dust to settle and then go in sorting through the rubble and the resulting carnage?
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Probably a lot of that material out there id bet
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:05 am Pretty fun:

https://twitter.com/ProjectLincoln/stat ... 9291308034
If I had a son or daughter serving in harms way I would never sleep comfortably at night. I can think of the families of 13 dead service members who probably feel the same way. It is hard to sleep comfortably when you can never trust the decision making process of your leaders.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:24 am

seriously?

Why exaggerate?

A couple jokes:

Enjoy the body bags.

Of course I understand why #2 is important. Do you think the really really bad guy was unaware of why he was a high value target? That may explain why he wired the building he was living in to be blown up. You think he did not expect this type of attack at some point in time? You think his last wish before he blew himself and his family up was to not take out our people with him? He had already planned for this attack MD he didn't know when or where but he knew it was coming. It goes back to risk vs reward.

I know it is real early but how much Intel do you think our people got out of your point #3? Did they have time to wait for the dust to settle and then go in sorting through the rubble and the resulting carnage?
cradle, I don't know how much they got from #3...they did get a lot from the Bin Laden raid.

I don't think we'd likely have known that he'd blow up the building rather than try to escape (as Bin Laden did).

You and I aren't in those intelligence briefings, we don't know what they knew and didn't know, the tradeoffs they were considering. I'm only speculating as to the most likely factors that I can think of that might have led to the call to send 'boots' rather than a drone strike.

What I'm far more confident of is that Biden wouldn't put Americans in harm's way lightly. Just not who he is by all accounts.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The one below it comparing Obama's announcement of the Bin Laden raid is even more amusing.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:56 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:24 am

seriously?

Why exaggerate?

A couple jokes:
Iran has been fighting with Sunni domestic terro norism for decades. It was Soleimani who had put down so much of their violent dissent. Traitor tRUMP's decision to have him murdered lessened Iran's success in fighting terrorism and caused more instability in the region. Small wonder why reichsters in the USA celebrated his death. Let's hope that Biden will employ diplomacy and common sense that Hitlerian tRUMP refused to do so that peace can prevail in the region.

Enjoy the body bags.

cradle, I don't know how much they got from #3...they did get a lot from the Bin Laden raid.

I don't think we'd likely have known that he'd blow up the building rather than try to escape (as Bin Laden did).

You and I aren't in those intelligence briefings, we don't know what they knew and didn't know, the tradeoffs they were considering. I'm only speculating as to the most likely factors that I can think of that might have led to the call to send 'boots' rather than a drone strike.

What I'm far more confident of is that Biden wouldn't put Americans in harm's way lightly. Just not who he is by all accounts.
The simple fact he rigged the building to blow up tells you every thing you need to know. The high probability the US military would want to take him out was not lost on him. The high probability also tells me, given prior attacks on their infrastructure that he likely was smart enough to not have damaging intell on site. If he did, blowing up the building made the search for that intell a moot point. The fact that the Biden people were willing to risk our people tells me something else was going on. IMO all of our folks got out alive and the bad guy is dead. So props to team Biden, to quote GWB.. " mission accomplished"
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

What a thing of beauty the administration is doing: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... quity.html

As Oprah say..."you get a crack pipe, you get a crack pipe, you get a crack pipe" UFB
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:16 pm What a thing of beauty the administration is doing: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... quity.html

As Oprah say..."you get a crack pipe, you get a crack pipe, you get a crack pipe" UFB
Come on now....this administration does have family that are experts on the glassware.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:16 pm What a thing of beauty the administration is doing: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... quity.html

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

For a second there I thought the Biden administration forgot about the little guy!!!

Donald Trump: Make America Great Again!

Joe Biden: Here's some crack pipes!
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Biden talking to you. Trump talking in words everyone understands, even elitists. Your disdain for "the great unwashed" is palpable.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:23 pm

Come on now....this administration does have family that are experts on the glassware.

Hunter can be the crack czar. Maybe this was a way to bring the family together…

Remember when Joe Biden wrote the bill to increase the penalties for crack possession?

Now he’s the one handing out crack pipes!!!

And the administration is saying the policy is ‘in the name of racial equity’.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... quity.html

What a turn of events!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Biden channeling his inner DC Mayor - Marion Barry. :lol:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

get it to x wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:30 pm

Biden talking to you. Trump talking in words everyone understands, even elitists. Your disdain for "the great unwashed" is palpable.
Sure. That’s it.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

I'm glad you posted this.. every junkie needs a safe crack pipe, our benevolent government at work. Maybe they should give Joe a crack pipe? He sure could use the altitude adjustment. This is what the money to invest in America is investing in??? Safer crack pipes.. read ya lima charlie...
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:42 pm

Sure. That’s it.
What is your position on safer crack pipes?
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:00 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:42 pm

Sure. That’s it.
What is your position on safer crack pipes?
Hunter's Dad, knows the real and rampant problems facing America's Yutes.

Return to “POLITICS”