media matters

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: media matters

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:42 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:36 pm :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong. I have been a Neil Young fan for a very long time. His music had a lot to do with me wanting to play acoustic guitar. For goodness sakes Neil, a shave and a shower and a haircut can go a long ways.
And the sign said “long haired freaky people need not apply…”
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:09 pm I don't get caught up in much of anything anymore, cradle. Que sera,sera, ya know.
Too much media, too much politics, too much inaccurate information, too much
arguing (non stop) for my taste anymore. I just thought the "when you're so woke
you cancel yourself" was pretty clever and funny. I haven't watched the news or
any of the talking heads for a long time. Highly recommend it, I aint missin' nuthin
brotha.

Just as an add, you click on the weather today to see what's happening and it's all
in red with exclamation points and warnings. We're going to get up to a foot of snow
(maybe). Imagine that in Syracuse in February. Everything is scary in the world anymore.
Speaking of February, did you guys see what the groundhog saw for a shadow on Groundhog's
Day? Season's on, boys, it's official.
I believe this is your new way of life DMac

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2fbNyyrPrco
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

I wouldn't say new. ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:10 pm I wouldn't say new. ;)
How would you know? It has effects in your memory. I assume you’re like Guy Pearces character in Memento by now. (Don’t take offense I look more like Nick Noltes mugshot than I do when my 9yr old son was born)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 pm on Rogan.

https://ricochet.com/1115080/is-joe-rogan-the-new-rush/
He's most definitely not the new Rush.

Rush turned away from Conservatism into a rich Republican..which has NOTHING to do with American Conservatism. And he tried to claim he wasn't the MSM. Ridiculous. Charter member of said MSM.

Rogan has far too many listeners to be considered anything but a major part of the MSM. Steak dinner says Americans can't name the anchors at CBS, NBC, ABC news. I know I sure as heck can't. Not even one of them.

He's the man. His days of being an "alternate voice" are gone. To his credit , he gets that.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:25 pm

Rush turned away from Conservatism into a rich Republican..which has NOTHING to do with American Conservatism. And he tried to claim he wasn't the MSM. Ridiculous. Charter member of said MSM.

Rogan has far too many listeners to be considered anything but a major part of the MSM. Steak dinner says Americans can't name the anchors at CBS, NBC, ABC news. I know I sure as heck can't. Not even one of them.

He's the man. His days of being an "alternate voice" are gone. To his credit , he gets that.
I have one up on your point here fan. I am only familiar with Rogan because my wife watches reruns of that stupid fear factor show. I've never listened to a single word he comments on anything. The man means nothing to me.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Hard partier too.

Jon Karl is one of them I think. I mostly look out for Kaylee Hartung
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:48 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:35 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:00 pm up
Neil Young expands on his decision to leave Spotify - Did not realize how Spotify reduces the data feed in digital music to stream more content at a lower quality level. Makes sense for Young on one level but doesn''t explain why he accepted those terms from Spotify in the first place if, in his opinion, it significantly degraded the quality of his music.

https://americansongwriter.com/in-their ... 1643913446

"I support free speech. I have never been in favor of censorship. Private companies have the right to choose what they profit from, just as I can choose not to have my music support a platform that disseminates harmful information. I am happy and proud to stand in solidarity with the front line health care workers who risk their lives every day to help others.

“As an unexpected bonus, I sound better everywhere else. But in the new letter, which Young posted earlier this week, he wrote: “When I left SPOTIFY, I felt better.”

He wrote in full, “Digital music has been with us about 40 years now. Digital, rather than reproducing copies of the music as we did back in the analog day, reconstitutes it from 1s and 0s and plays back data that you hear as music.

“This allows business people like those who run SPOTIFY to cut the quality right down to 5% of the music’s content. It’s just math. It’s easy to do that with digital, thus allowing more songs and less music to stream faster. That’s because 95% is missing. Thats what SPOTIFY the Tech company does. SPOTIFY then sells you the downgraded music.

“When I started everyone got to hear all the music. 100%.

“AMAZON, APPLE MUSIC and Qobuz deliver up to 100% of the music today and it sounds a lot better than the sh*tty degraded and neutered sound of SPOTIFY. If you support SPOTIFY, you are destroying an art form. Business over art. SPOTIFY plays the artist’s music at 5% of its quality and charges you like it was the real thing."
I still think a brand new generation of 18 year olds were saying... Who the eff is Neil Young? He looks like a guy that was just pulled out head first from a dumpster. Neil had the grunge look down way before Nirvana and Kurt Cobain.
Hippies are dirty.
Ain't that what being a hippie is all about? A bar of soap to a true hippie is the same as garlic to a vampire.
Bob Ross:
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:59 am

Hard partier too.

Maybe you can volunteer to fertilize one of her frozen eggs. That's about as close as any of us will get to a real cuddle with her. Play up your mathematical acuity. Maybe that's a turn on for her. Especially if you have an old SAT with an 800 math score. :D :D
Last edited by get it to x on Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:00 pm Neil Young expands on his decision to leave Spotify - Did not realize how Spotify reduces the data feed in digital music to stream more content at a lower quality level. Makes sense for Young on one level but doesn''t explain why he accepted those terms from Spotify in the first place if, in his opinion, it significantly degraded the quality of his music.

"I support free speech. I have never been in favor of censorship. Private companies have the right to choose what they profit from, just as I can choose not to have my music support a platform that disseminates harmful information. I am happy and proud to stand in solidarity with the front line health care workers who risk their lives every day to help others.

“As an unexpected bonus, I sound better everywhere else. But in the new letter, which Young posted earlier this week, he wrote: “When I left SPOTIFY, I felt better.”

He wrote in full, “Digital music has been with us about 40 years now. Digital, rather than reproducing copies of the music as we did back in the analog day, reconstitutes it from 1s and 0s and plays back data that you hear as music.

“This allows business people like those who run SPOTIFY to cut the quality right down to 5% of the music’s content. It’s just math. It’s easy to do that with digital, thus allowing more songs and less music to stream faster. That’s because 95% is missing. Thats what SPOTIFY the Tech company does. SPOTIFY then sells you the downgraded music.

“AMAZON, APPLE MUSIC and Qobuz deliver up to 100% of the music today and it sounds a lot better than the sh*tty degraded and neutered sound of SPOTIFY. If you support SPOTIFY, you are destroying an art form. Business over art. SPOTIFY plays the artist’s music at 5% of its quality and charges you like it was the real thing."
Note to Neil: look what's happening in your birth country! This is a great opportunity for you to pen an iconic protest song in solidarity with the truckers. Here's a recommended line to get you started... "tin soldiers and Trudeau's coming..." Oh wait, that sounds familiar.

Just think what a new, radical, anti-govt tune would do for your sales on Amazon ;)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:50 pm

Don't get me wrong. I have been a Neil Young fan for a very long time. His music had a lot to do with me wanting to play acoustic guitar. For goodness sakes Neil, a shave and a shower and a haircut can go a long ways.
When your a very talented and successful singer/songwriter you can be as long haired and freaky as you want. FTR you don't have to apply for anything.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

tech37 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:40 am
Kismet wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:00 pm Neil Young expands on his decision to leave Spotify - Did not realize how Spotify reduces the data feed in digital music to stream more content at a lower quality level. Makes sense for Young on one level but doesn''t explain why he accepted those terms from Spotify in the first place if, in his opinion, it significantly degraded the quality of his music.

Note to Neil: look what's happening in your birth country! This is a great opportunity for you to pen an iconic protest song in solidarity with the truckers. Here's a recommended line to get you started... "tin soldiers and Trudeau's coming..." Oh wait, that sounds familiar.

Just think what a new, radical, anti-govt tune would do for your sales on Amazon ;)
+1 What a great post. I wonder why ole Neil turns a blind eye to his own native country. He could call his new song.. Northern Man. If Neil can make a buck writing and singing it.. he will.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:34 am

I have one up on your point here fan. I am only familiar with Rogan because my wife watches reruns of that stupid fear factor show. I've never listened to a single word he comments on anything. The man means nothing to me.
This version is better

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7vUvQHYc3K0
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:37 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:48 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:35 pm
Kismet wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:00 pm up
Neil Young expands on his decision to leave Spotify - Did not realize how Spotify reduces the data feed in digital music to stream more content at a lower quality level. Makes sense for Young on one level but doesn''t explain why he accepted those terms from Spotify in the first place if, in his opinion, it significantly degraded the quality of his music.

I still think a brand new generation of 18 year olds were saying... Who the eff is Neil Young? He looks like a guy that was just pulled out head first from a dumpster. Neil had the grunge look down way before Nirvana and Kurt Cobain.
Hippies are dirty.
Ain't that what being a hippie is all about? A bar of soap to a true hippie is the same as garlic to a vampire.
I like my hood here in Atlanta (candler park). They’re rich hippies who get the joke. When I first moved in a neighbor said they had their kids in a nearby Padaeia school. And the mom said “it’s, you know, a Kumbaya school”. I asked “oh do they not give grades there or something” her: “they give grades but they talk about their feelings a lot”. So it’s not a cheap area and you need some dough to buy in where they get the joke but also super kind, active and generous/magnanimous/philanthropic people. Not squirreling every nickel off the table to hoard they are good where they are at and share more than most in a similar cohort. Really got the perfect mix in and around my house and hope I stick in it for my kids entire childhood.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:40 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:59 am

Hard partier too.

Maybe you can volunteer to fertilize one of her frozen eggs. That's about as close as any of us will get to a real cuddle with her. Play up your mathematical acuity. Maybe that's a turn on for her. Especially if you have an old SAT with an 800 math score. :D :D
So what now you’re a dream crusher. If you say anything about my other various crushes I will hunt you down, especially Jennifer Garner, Jennifer Connolly and Minka Kelly!

You haven’t been around long enough to be familiar with my “thirstiness”-you’ll see.

To wit: with Hartung it isn’t impossible I’ve thought about inverting the horn “hook em” with respect to her since she’s a Utexas grad…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:41 am

When your a very talented and successful singer/songwriter you can be as long haired and freaky as you want. FTR you don't have to apply for anything.
I’m a backdoor Tesla fan for personal reasons but thought you’d get the reference to the original early 70s Five Man Electrical Band song (signs)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=epbOHloSpZM
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Little video piece by the NY Times; worth your time:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/02/04/opin ... andal.html
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:51 am

I’m a backdoor Tesla fan for personal reasons but thought you’d get the reference to the original early 70s Five Man Electrical Band song (signs)

I didn't miss your reference at all. After he pulls off his hat he says.. " imagine that.. me working for you"

In 1974 I had the 2nd longest hair in my HS class. It went just above my shoulders. My hair was always super clean and shampooed and brushed every day. In 1974 it was still all brown..😥
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:19 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:51 am

I didn't miss your reference at all. After he pulls off his hat he says.. " imagine that.. me working for you"
Ah glad I specifically targeted an older reference for you there
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Return to “POLITICS”