Syracuse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Dr. Tact

Re: Syracuse releases 2022 schedule

Post by Dr. Tact »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:04 pm
I'm not saying they've broken through to the top echelon, but 11-1 last year, sole loss by 2 to Denver in last game.
Emphasis is mine.....11-1? look at who they played last year. Perennially overrated USC, and, Colorado were the only "tough" wins. Arizona State is up and coming, so that might be a "good" win. I dont see them competing with Cuse, Richmond or UVA this year, but the scheduling of OOC is looking like they are hoping to move to that top echelon. If they are good enough to beat the Virginia teams, then one could argue that they are almost there.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Syracuse releases 2022 schedule

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:02 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 2:04 pm
I'm not saying they've broken through to the top echelon, but 11-1 last year, sole loss by 2 to Denver in last game.
Emphasis is mine.....11-1? look at who they played last year. Perennially overrated USC, and, Colorado were the only "tough" wins. Arizona State is up and coming, so that might be a "good" win. I dont see them competing with Cuse, Richmond or UVA this year, but the scheduling of OOC is looking like they are hoping to move to that top echelon. If they are good enough to beat the Virginia teams, then one could argue that they are almost there.
Sure, I was simply challenging the "no coaching" crack.
That's a talented staff.

Not making any predictions about whether they've leaped into national top 10 contention or if/when they will.
I do think they're decently positioned to do so.
They're certainly a top 20 team.
hmmm

Re: Syracuse

Post by hmmm »

Cuse had an addition to their current freshman class as well. Shira Parower transferred from JMU after the fall semester. She was a senior UA All-American attacker this past summer.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

hmmm wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 5:10 pm Cuse had an addition to their current freshman class as well. Shira Parower transferred from JMU after the fall semester. She was a senior UA All-American attacker this past summer.
Why?? They have too many attack as it is. Wonder why she left jmu. From what I read they had high hopes for her there
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

This f***ing sucks.
Attachments
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg (252.69 KiB) Viewed 3047 times
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

laxer12 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:12 pm This f***ing sucks.
You beat me to it. Wishing her the absolute best in recovery and hope that she will come back even stronger.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

glaxer24 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:13 pm
You beat me to it. Wishing her the absolute best in recovery and hope that she will come back even stronger.
If this is yet another acl/mcl injury on that new turf.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

I read somewhere that she had already torn both ACL's during her high school career. This is just absolutely devastating to have an injury like this right before the season begins.

I'm getting quite sick of season-ending ACL/leg injuries for females in lacrosse. There's gotta be something more that can be done to prevent this.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

laxer12 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:25 pm
I read somewhere that she had already torn both ACL's during her high school career. This is just absolutely devastating to have an injury like this right before the season begins.

I'm getting quite sick of season-ending ACL/leg injuries for females in lacrosse. There's gotta be something more that can be done to prevent this.
Acl injury’s can be prevented. Minimalized at the very least. Proper training is key. My daughters hs team went every week To a pt who ran prevention clinics. I was shocked when she got to the college level at the lack of proper training or discipline I hear about from people
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

Cagekeeper wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:33 pm

Acl injury’s can be prevented. Minimalized at the very least. Proper training is key. My daughters hs team went every week To a pt who ran prevention clinics. I was shocked when she got to the college level at the lack of proper training or discipline I hear about from people
And many girls wear cleats. Not turfs. Big mistake. Those get stuck in the turf. Foot stays. Leg has other plans
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Cagekeeper wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:33 pm

You are spot on. Schools need to commit to not only the prevention techniques and training, but equally important the strength and weight training as well.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Damn, just seeing this news. Tough to lose a player of that caliber with the skill level and capabilities Emma brings to the field. Am sure she'll do what she has to do to come back but it's a big bummer for her and team nonetheless.
cagekeeper wrote
Acl injury’s can be prevented. Minimalized at the very least.
I think that should say, minimalized at the very best. I doubt they could be prevented, agree that all that can be done discipline and proper training wise should be done.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Emma had 2 ACL's in high school. This time it is torn ligaments in her foot which I have no experience with but anything foot related can be very tricky. No player should go through so many heartbreaking injuries. Wish her the very best.
Cagekeeper

Post by Cagekeeper »

DMac wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:32 pm Damn, just seeing this news. Tough to lose a player of that caliber with the skill level and capabilities Emma brings to the field. Am sure she'll do what she has to do to come back but it's a big bummer for her and team nonetheless.
cagekeeper wrote
I think that should say, minimalized at the very best. I doubt they could be prevented, agree that all that can be done discipline and proper training wise should be done.
Thank you so much for the grammatical correction. And no they can be prevented with a strengthening of the proper muscles and ligaments in your knees and legs . Girls are more prone to ACL tears because of their physical make up
sanelaxparent

Post by sanelaxparent »

Girls and women are also much more prone to ligament tears during certain times of their menstrual cycle. A great deal of scientific research and data has been published about this in the past few years. Female bodies are designed to be more pliable and ligaments relax at certain stages of that cycle and that is when the large majority of ligament injuries occur. So you can strengthen, weight train and build everything up, but there are plenty of really strong and aware athletes who are victims to these injuries bc of biology.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Cagekeeper wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:55 am
DMac wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:32 pm Damn, just seeing this news. Tough to lose a player of that caliber with the skill level and capabilities Emma brings to the field. Am sure she'll do what she has to do to come back but it's a big bummer for her and team nonetheless.
cagekeeper wrote
Thank you so much for the grammatical correction. And no they can be prevented with a strengthening of the proper muscles and ligaments in your knees and legs . Girls are more prone to ACL tears because of their physical make up
I don't see it as a grammatical error, I just see preventable as too strong of a word. I respect your experience here and don't doubt what you say has merit but I don't believe much of anything is going to prevent acl tears altogether. One step the wrong way, regardless of what kind of shape you're in or what kind of training you've done, can still cause that injury. I was at the Cornell-Army game when Rob Pannell broke his foot and went out for the rest of the season. He was walking back to get into position after a goal and went down with a season ending injury. Just a freak thing. You can reduce the possibility of injury with proper training but you're never going to eliminate it. I've read a little bit about women's greater susceptibility to acl tears than men's, so I get that part. Minimalizing the possibility/probably of the injury I agree with, preventing it altogether I don't.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Such a bummer. I really love her style and her back story of playing football as a kid. I hope she bounces back quickly with renewed strength and fire.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Okay, can't remember where the discussion was/is as to whether or not the Cuse-Stanford game is going to be broadcast anywhere. Been on this, spoke with Kayla a few minutes ago. Yes, I stroked her pretty big, let her know she's a big part of the reason I could even watch women's lacrosse, how much I enjoy the post rules changes wlax game...blah, blah. She was real nice. Answer is they're working on getting it broadcast but no definite right now.
Asked her how Megan is coming along and how Emily is doing, got nothing. Quickly dawned on me she can't answer those kind of questions which I said and got a chuckle. Also let her know how big time bummed I am about Emma Ward being out for the year.....she is too.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

DMac wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:43 pm Okay, can't remember where the discussion was/is as to whether or not the Cuse-Stanford game is going to be broadcast anywhere. Been on this, spoke with Kayla a few minutes ago. Yes, I stroked her pretty big, let her know she's a big part of the reason I could even watch women's lacrosse, how much I enjoy the post rules changes wlax game...blah, blah. She was real nice. Answer is they're working on getting it broadcast but no definite right now.
Asked her how Megan is coming along and how Emily is doing, got nothing. Quickly dawned on me she can't answer those kind of questions which I said and got a chuckle. Also let her know how big time bummed I am about Emma Ward being out for the year.....she is too.
When did Carney go out? Im suprised whenever I see posts that she "seems" to be a returning stater....Has it even been 10 months from surgery?
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:44 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:43 pm Okay, can't remember where the discussion was/is as to whether or not the Cuse-Stanford game is going to be broadcast anywhere. Been on this, spoke with Kayla a few minutes ago. Yes, I stroked her pretty big, let her know she's a big part of the reason I could even watch women's lacrosse, how much I enjoy the post rules changes wlax game...blah, blah. She was real nice. Answer is they're working on getting it broadcast but no definite right now.
When did Carney go out? Im suprised whenever I see posts that she "seems" to be a returning stater....Has it even been 10 months from surgery?
Are you asking when she got injured? Last spring in the bc game at the dome. And yes she’s cleared

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”