All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:35 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:10 pm

All lies……been wearing them for years…..but oddly since COVID-19 came around, they don’t work.
who has said they don't work? i want names.
No one yet…..Nobody has run an experiment.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:41 pm

All lies……been wearing them for years…..but oddly since COVID-19 came around, they don’t work.
patience, grasshopper. it's novel.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:44 pm

Dem masks ain’t novel, pei mei

“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:05 pm

we didn't have any. i understand the plan with the president-elect is to yuugely increase production and distribution and squash the virus once in office.

the 'ville got hosed at home vs the tarheels. great game bf that.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:27 pm

we didn't have any. i understand the plan with the president-elect is to yuugely increase production and distribution and squash the virus once in office.

Like dis guy….

https://www.kens5.com/amp/article/news/ ... ce3bedac14

Last administration and current administration should have worked to make them available. I said it last year. Being distributed now…. Sending what little we had to China probably didn’t help but not sure it mattered that much…. “Mask don’t work” talk probably would have suppressed demand anyway…

https://wwd.com/fashion-news/fashion-sc ... 235059553/
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:35 pm

Like dis guy….

Last administration and current administration should have worked to make them available. I said it last year. Being distributed now…. Send what little we had to China probably didn’t help but not sure it mattered that much…. “Mask don’t work” talk probably would have suppressed demand anyway…

date on that article is wrong. says 2022.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:41 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:35 pm

Like dis guy….

Last administration and current administration should have worked to make them available. I said it last year. Being distributed now…. Send what little we had to China probably didn’t help but not sure it mattered that much…. “Mask don’t work” talk probably would have suppressed demand anyway…

date on that article is wrong. says 2022.
Better late than never…. Probably meant 2020.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/02/covid-w ... warns.html

"Covid will always be an epidemic virus — not an endemic one, scientist warns
Key Points
Last week, the WHO warned that the next Covid variant will be even more contagious than omicron.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an epidemic occurs when the number of cases of a disease increases, often suddenly, above what is usually expected.
The WHO declares a disease a pandemic when its growth is exponential and it is spreading globally."

Swell. :oops: :( :(
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Kismet wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:09 am https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/02/covid-w ... warns.html

Key Points
Last week, the WHO warned that the next Covid variant will be even more contagious than omicron.
According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an epidemic occurs when the number of cases of a disease increases, often suddenly, above what is usually expected.
The WHO declares a disease a pandemic when its growth is exponential and it is spreading globally."

So if its a weaker variant, with less fatalities then we were getting from previous flu seasons is it still a pandemic, or is it endemic, like the flu? Why are we still measuring cases when hospitalizations and fatalities are the things that really matter to the average person?

I know I sound like a dog on a bone with my not letting go of early treatments through re-purposed drugs, but this article is thought provoking. Especially the part where Merck conducted safety trials of ivermectin at ten times the normal dose that showed it was safe. I know it's not your "gold standard" double blind randomized trial. These are simply clinical observations. My point is, if its proven safe and shows some promise, what is your beef with a doctor prescribing it? Even if it doesn't work, what is the harm? Except to Pfizer shareholders.

https://www.realclearinvestigations.com ... 08045.html
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

get it to x wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:29 am
Kismet wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:09 am https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/02/covid-w ... warns.html

Key Points

So if its a weaker variant, with less fatalities then we were getting from previous flu seasons is it still a pandemic, or is it endemic, like the flu? Why are we still measuring cases when hospitalizations and fatalities are the things that really matter to the average person?

I know I sound like a dog on a bone with my not letting go of early treatments through re-purposed drugs, but this article is thought provoking. Especially the part where Merck conducted safety trials of ivermectin at ten times the normal dose that showed it was safe. I know it's not your "gold standard" double blind randomized trial. These are simply clinical observations. My point is, if its proven safe and shows some promise, what is your beef with a doctor prescribing it? Even if it doesn't work, what is the harm? Except to Pfizer shareholders.

I didn't disclose any opinions on the topic. I merely posted an article that I found of interest about the future and off you went to your nominal talking points.

As for endemic vs. pandemic I suggest you READ the article at the link I posted which might answer your questions.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Key Points

Are the vast majority of wasted MRIs pushed by doctors good for society? What about psychiatrists who overuse their shiny new TMS machines (electroshock therapy) because they spent a lot of money on them?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

What's the play here....a combination , one shot, or spread out?

Flu shot on Sept. 1st......covid shot on Oct 1.......pneumonia shot Nov 1......
Hpv -herpes shot for Valentines day........Shingles shot for April Fools........an arthitis shot for Memorial day.........

sounds like a better plan........you should, after all, CONSULT your doctor. They NEVER get visits from sales reps from drug companies. never.

Glad out state Governments have the funds to push a private companies product with all these public health "services announcements"

Really.....get a flu shot......isn't an advertizement for the shot makers ?

what a system.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Kismet wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:39 am

Key Points

I didn't disclose any opinions on the topic. I merely posted an article that I found of interest about the future and off you went to your nominal talking points.

As for endemic vs. pandemic I suggest you READ the article at the link I posted which might answer your questions.
I did read the article, which to me was using cases to define a pandemic. Please feel free to tell me what I missed or misinterpreted. I never took organic chemistry. My point was why panic over cases if the disease isn't causing widespread hospitalizations, severe illness and death. My "if" was "a weaker variant". I go back to Zika. Do you remember the breathless reporting on that as if it was Bubonic Plague? Thank God NIAID didn't get too involved or we might be walking around with mosquito netted pith helmets and full body mosquito resistant clothing.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

get it to x wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:34 am

Key Points

I did read the article, which to me was using cases to define a pandemic. Please feel free to tell me what I missed or misinterpreted. I never took organic chemistry. My point was why panic over cases if the disease isn't causing widespread hospitalizations, severe illness and death. My "if" was "a weaker variant". I go back to Zika. Do you remember the breathless reporting on that as if it was Bubonic Plague? Thank God NIAID didn't get too involved or we might be walking around with mosquito netted pith helmets and full body mosquito resistant clothing.
Some friends went to Daytona last weekend for a car race and told me they wished they had such outfits on for what they saw (and most likely involved themselves in)…
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Key Points

... Zika was never the threat, never going to infect as many people as COVID. Same with Ebola. I recall very well, the same people who now are down playing COVID were losing their minds over Ebola, afraid they would get it and would liquify. Some people just don't have ability to gauge threats. Of course the media plays to that. News at 11, cat up tree.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Bart

Post by Bart »

Key Points

Epidemic/pandemic has nothing to do with severity. It is all about numbers of cases.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Bart wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:40 am

Key Points

I did read the article, which to me was using cases to define a pandemic. Please feel free to tell me what I missed or misinterpreted. I never took organic chemistry. My point was why panic over cases if the disease isn't causing widespread hospitalizations, severe illness and death. My "if" was "a weaker variant". I go back to Zika. Do you remember the breathless reporting on that as if it was Bubonic Plague? Thank God NIAID ydidn't get too involved or we might be walking around with mosquito netted pith helmets and full body mosquito resistant clothing.
Epidemic/pandemic has nothing to do with severity. It is all about numbers of cases.
So the common cold is epidemic? Or pandemic? Or neither because we don’t measure cases?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

get it to x wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:59 am
Bart wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:40 am

Key Points

I did read the article, which to me was using cases to define a pandemic. Please feel free to tell me what I missed or misinterpreted. I never took organic chemistry. My point was why panic over cases if the disease isn't causing widespread hospitalizations, severe illness and death. My "if" was "a weaker variant". I go back to Zika. Do you remember the breathless reporting on that as if it was Bubonic Plague? Thank God NIAID ydidn't get too involved or we might be walking around with mosquito netted pith helmets and full body mosquito resistant clothing.
So the common cold is epidemic? Or pandemic? Or neither because we don’t measure cases?

+1
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:37 pm who is the border patrol candidate you'll likely be voting for next cycle?

That's a leading question. :lol:
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”