All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Peter Brown

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:51 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:44 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:26 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 12:52 pm Denmark has lifted all COVID restrictions. This will be an interesting experiment.
bait N switch......Denmark announced this last September too......

" Madam, it's the oligarchy on line 1, they wanna talk about restrictions "

If NOT to conspire, what else are "meetings" like Davos, all about? drafting fantasy sports rosters ?

My guiding principle in life is anyone who attends WEF gatherings is either guilty or at the very least a willing co-conspirator to the crimes.
How are the folks at the "giving pledge" doing, financially?

you see, when you say "give it all away", you are supposed too.

How they doing, financially ?

It's as if no one does things together. Ever. Like the legal problems some of our "top" colleges find themselves in. Hoping they don't use covid money for their legal lobbying to extend anti-trust protection.

I was retired....but thinking about ramping up the drug sales, again Haven't actually "made" xtc, in years. Is there a market for it, still ? We sure made good use of the government labs at colorado, in the 1980's. Are the ingrediants hard to come by ;) ;) ;) ;)

You know and I know, but not many others, that the giving pledge is simply a bs press fluffer agenda to make the less aware think the wealthy elite have given or will give away their wealth. Spoiler alert: they haven’t and they won’t!

Take a look at Warren Buffett, the guy who started this charade. His net worth is still over $100 billion, even after ‘giving away’ $40 billion. But, who did he ‘give’ those shares away to? A foundation. :lol: Tax free, and he still has a sayin how the foundation gives the cash away, with one kid on the board already.

And that foundation will live in perpetuity, just like Henry Ford’s bequest to the Ford Foundation. Henry was an actual racist who today would literally set fire to the foundation in his name as it doles out cash to every far left request, no matter how far left. :lol:

For Buffett, who keeps demanding that taxes be raised on the middle class and small businesses, every share of BRK he donates is donated without one penny going to the federal government…in fact, he gets a CREDIT against his cash income!

It’s amazing how easily the wool is pulled over people’s eyes,
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

I’m sure Laura is full of regret over making his stance as an act of heroism and bracing her ratings. She refers to Officer LeMay as a sleeping giant. Unfortunately, sleeping forever.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Great news.....a few agree, only a few.

After three levels of screening, 34 studies ultimately qualified. Of those 34 eligible studies, 24 qualified for inclusion in the meta-analysis. They were separated into three groups: lockdown stringency index studies, shelter-in-place order (SIPO) studies, and specific NPI studies. An analysis of each of these three groups support the conclusion that lockdowns have had little to no effect on COVID-19 mortality. More specifically, stringency index studies find that lockdowns in Europe and the United States only reduced COVID-19 mortality by 0.2% on average. SIPOs were also ineffective, only reducing COVID-19 mortality by 2.9% on average. Specific NPI studies also find no broad-based evidence of noticeable effects on COVID-19 mortality.

While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no public health effects, they have imposed enormous economic and social costs where they have been adopted. In consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy
instrument.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:46 pm Great news.....

After three levels of screening, 34 studies ultimately qualified. Of those 34 eligible studies, 24 qualified for inclusion in the meta-analysis. They were separated into three groups: lockdown stringency index studies, shelter-in-place order (SIPO) studies, and specific NPI studies. An analysis of each of these three groups support the conclusion that lockdowns have had little to no effect on COVID-19 mortality. More specifically, stringency index studies find that lockdowns in Europe and the United States only reduced COVID-19 mortality by 0.2% on average. SIPOs were also ineffective, only reducing COVID-19 mortality by 2.9% on average. Specific NPI studies also find no broad-based evidence of noticeable effects on COVID-19 mortality.

While this meta-analysis concludes that lockdowns have had little to no public health effects, they have imposed enormous economic and social costs where they have been adopted. In consequence, lockdown policies are ill-founded and should be rejected as a pandemic policy
instrument.
i'm going to need to see more data. we have health policy experts on this. how about a clinical trial at the minimum? it's the gold standard.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Johns Hopkins University out with a massive study today. Not good news for lockdown Democrats.

Lockdowns in the U.S. and Europe had little or no impact in reducing deaths from COVID-19, said researchers at Johns Hopkins University.

They said the lockdowns during the early phase of the pandemic in 2020 reduced COVID-19 mortality by about 0.2%,

However, the researchers said they found no evidence that lockdowns, school closures, border closures, and limiting gatherings have had a noticeable effect on COVID-19 mortality

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/ ... p-pandemic
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... well that settles it, a non-Hopkins press release from Kuala Lumpur. :lol: I'll wait for more information from a source a little closer to home.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:20 pm ... well that settles it, a non-Hopkins press release from Kuala Lumpur. :lol: I'll wait for more information from a source a little closer to home.
Here ya go, you big grump

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files ... tality.pdf

Several studies find no statistically significant effect of lockdowns on mortality. For example,
this includes Bjørnskov (2021a) and Stockenhuber (2020) who find no significant effect of
stricter lockdowns (higher OxCGRT stringency index), Sears et al. (2020) and Dave et al.
(2021), who find no significant effect of SIPOs, and Chaudhry et al. (2020), Aparicio and
Grossbard (2021) and Guo et al. (2021) who find no significant effect of any of the analyzed
NIP’s, including business closures, school closures and border closures.
Other studies find a significant negative relationship between lockdowns

pg. 15, section 3.2

youth posted about it earlier. He figured folks could find the study on their own. Guess not. If not twatted to them.........or fecesbooked upon.....they ain't gettn any info, apprently
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:30 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:20 pm ... well that settles it, a non-Hopkins press release from Kuala Lumpur. :lol: I'll wait for more information from a source a little closer to home.

Several studies find no statistically significant effect of lockdowns on mortality. For example,
this includes Bjørnskov (2021a) and Stockenhuber (2020) who find no significant effect of
stricter lockdowns (higher OxCGRT stringency index), Sears et al. (2020) and Dave et al.
(2021), who find no significant effect of SIPOs, and Chaudhry et al. (2020), Aparicio and
Grossbard (2021) and Guo et al. (2021) who find no significant effect of any of the analyzed

pg. 15, section 3.2

youth posted about it earlier. He figured folks could find the study on their own. Guess not. If not twatted to them.........or fecesbooked upon.....they ain't gettn any info, apprently

It’s amazing how quickly people dismiss sources rather than simply reading the story. Jhu often does that here at Fanlax. I could have as easily posted the JHU post, but grabbed the first link I saw. Appreciate it, RRR.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:35 pm

pg. 15, section 3.2

It’s amazing how quickly people dismiss sources rather than simply reading the story. Jhu often does that here at Fanlax. I could have as easily posted the JHU post, but grabbed the first link I saw. Appreciate it, RRR.
I figured we’d see how the discussion progressed on the topic, before revealing the source. I was hoping to find a Fox News source, just to tease it. 😂
Last edited by youthathletics on Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

pg. 15, section 3.2

, with the full knowledge that they will get it anyway, you still gonna take Trumps fake "vaccine" ?????
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Lockdowns don't work to reduce covid deaths?

Hong Kong still has severe quarantine restrictions. Total deaths last week: ZERO

https://www.google.com/search?q=hong+ko ... e&ie=UTF-8

A total of 213 deaths in a land of nearly 8 million people. I'd say that's not too shabby at all.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:45 pm

pg. 15, section 3.2

I figured we’d see how the discussion progressed on the topic, before revealing the source.
always the optimist, youth ;)

it's gonna be tough to punch holes in the Johns Hopkins report........very tough.

please please please, Hopkins and covid lockdown supporters..........eat your own. Please.

my bet is this will be ignored and someone will post another "dancing on the grave" post to distract.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:49 pm Lockdowns don't work to reduce covid deaths?

Hong Kong still has severe quarantine restrictions. Total deaths last week: ZERO

A total of 213 deaths in a land of nearly 8 million people. I'd say that's not too shabby at all.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I literally just posted that some, would have zero issue with eating their own.

You never disappoint, brookie......keep on bashing Johns Hopkins research.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:49 pm Lockdowns don't work to reduce covid deaths?

But they couldn’t hang out doing shots and being waited on.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i understand we have opened up one way travel to hong kong.

joe is the open up king.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

This is a meta-analysis study where they took 34 out of over 1000 studies (research papers on the subject), picked the ones they thought might answer the question. Not putting to fine a point on it, they then average the results (not really but the best way to describe it quickly). This paper will likely take a lot of heat for its methodology. Meta-analysis papers always seem to. Steve Hanke the PI, is a good guy for a Reagan republican that believes in trickle down economics. This is not going to be accepted as the answer without a great deal of analysis of the paper by other economists and data scientists including epidemiologists.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

pg. 15, section 3.2

... sure you could have. You saw the headline and ran with it knowing NOTHING! :lol: :lol:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

should've done clinical trials gold standard!!!
sounds like we'll get methodology heat like w masks!!!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:04 pm i understand we have opened up one way travel to hong kong.

joe is the open up king.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Let's see how that JHU report fares in the free marketplace of ideas.

Author is Reagan White House, Cato Institute and an economist not a medical person. The other authors are also economists, not medical types.

I'll put my $2 on this report not holding up. We'll see.

If it doesn't hold up, I'm sure Newsmax, The Blaze and The Washington Times (all giving the report heavy rotation today) will of course cover that story too. :roll:
Last edited by ggait on Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.

Return to “POLITICS”