Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:26 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:26 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:17 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:41 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:36 am he grandmother who grew up child of a pastor in Lynchburg
interesting....my father also grew up in Lynchburg, 82. He may very well know the family.
... mine grew up 50 miles or so south of Lynchburg on the Staunton river, near Patrick Henry's home (Red Hill). He would have been 99 yesterday if he were still alive.
Danville correct? We’ve discussed this before because I have relationships w Carter Bank and American National both based around there

I was just asked by a family that owns 225ac in various contiguous parcels in Halifax Co to help them secure a partner for a senior housing development project…
... Brookneal. Familiar with Danville, not far away.
Don’t know that town but been around the area between spots like Floyd, Abington, Martinsville, Danville and a year or so ago in NC a tiny tiny little spot called Roanoke Rapids (NC). There’s a new or developing Microsoft data center in the nearby area but otherwise I’m not sure what the economic drivers are die the southern Va region other than some Jose related to the Blue Ridge Parkway which is a truly bucolic drive.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brookneal is about 30 miles north east of Danville (as the crow flys). Brookneal is 20 miles due north of South Boston, which is about 20 miles east of Danville. The Staunton River is also known as the Roanoke River. It is known by different names depending on where you are on the river.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:53 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:16 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:06 am Fine line, that.
Often, it's just an 'acceptable', 'polite' or in some cases 'genteel' overlay to the deeper set of assumptions about the proper order.

Signaling common cause with those who are aggressively racist, even if one would deny that if asked...

Of course, it's also used by those who are aggressively racist.
Can't be too careful. Watch out for the polite ones, they're the most sinister. To be safe, just assume they are all closet racists, unless they agree with you & excessively virtue signal in a convincing way. They're probably just going along to get along.
Particularly the surprisingly nice people at the dog park.
Easier to spot in the summer when you can see their tattoos.
Also requires a careful analysis of the origins of the dog's breed & name.
Un huh. Old S.

:lol: ...you da Real O G, white boy.
Bonus virtue signal points if you're a white guy who posts gangsta rap videos on a lacrosse forum.

This guy is the leader of my dog park posse.
Too bad I don't have a video of the conditions in E Baltimore he was rescued from.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:36 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:53 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:58 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:16 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:06 am Fine line, that.
Often, it's just an 'acceptable', 'polite' or in some cases 'genteel' overlay to the deeper set of assumptions about the proper order.

Signaling common cause with those who are aggressively racist, even if one would deny that if asked...

Of course, it's also used by those who are aggressively racist.
Can't be too careful. Watch out for the polite ones, they're the most sinister. To be safe, just assume they are all closet racists, unless they agree with you & excessively virtue signal in a convincing way. They're probably just going along to get along.
Particularly the surprisingly nice people at the dog park.
Easier to spot in the summer when you can see their tattoos.
Also requires a careful analysis of the origins of the dog's breed & name.
Un huh. Old S.

:lol: ...you da Real O G, white boy.
Bonus virtue signal points if you're a white guy who posts gangsta rap videos on a lacrosse forum.

This guy is the leader of my dog park posse.
Too bad I don't have a video of the conditions in E Baltimore he was rescued from.
I never thought that was gangster rap but you probably would know it better than I would know it.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

There’s gangsters everywhere he goes. It’s a scary world now that he can’t control things like in the military. And the numbers in the country are only getting worse!

Gangster rap is a convention of the record labels (and honestly NWA didn’t help when red leather sequined pants Dr Dre showed up). The fact one can’t discern the difference between real and superficial here isn’t an isolated situation though it transcends the minds of people who use that term. Never care to investigate further but they will tell you that the information you source and digest makes you less thoughtful.

But, let’s be honest. You are a cargo short wearing, NE west/MIAA, white boy TLD…straight off the mean streets of Cos Cobb.

(You can’t do anything about stupidity when close minded people refuse to try)
Typical Lax Dad

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:43 am There’s gangsters everywhere he goes. It’s a scary world now that he can’t control things like in the military. And the numbers in the country are only getting worse!

Gangster rap is a convention of the record labels (and honestly NWA didn’t help when red leather sequined pants Dr Dre showed up). The fact one can’t discern the difference between real and superficial here isn’t an isolated situation though it transcends the minds of people who use that term. Never care to investigate further but they will tell you that the information you source and digest makes you less thoughtful.

But, let’s be honest. You are a cargo short wearing, NE west/MIAA, white boy TLD…straight off the mean streets of Cos Cobb.

“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:00 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:43 am There’s gangsters everywhere he goes. It’s a scary world now that he can’t control things like in the military. And the numbers in the country are only getting worse!

There’s no greater song refrain than “sweat from my …”

But some folks prefer wacky d.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Celebrate videos that glamorize dog fighting. What genre is that ?
Big Michael Vick fans too ? Is dog fighting real or superfical ?
Trying so hard to be something you are not & never will be.
I'm sure you just like the music.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So dumb. Big fish in a small bitter pond talking about other wannabes. Doesn’t understand or bother to try. What a waste of a life.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:26 pm So dumb. Big fish in a small bitter pond talking about other wannabes. Doesn’t understand or bother to try. What a waste of a life.
Here's your waste of life . Now what's ahead for DMX's 15 kids ?
He's just a misunderstood musical genius.
Understand that. You wallow in bitterness.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

An opinion piece...

School Boards Have Long Been a Tool of White Supremacy
At raucous school board meetings across the country, disgruntled parents have grabbed the mic to represent the political desires of the Republican Party. Once-innocuous local gatherings have become anti–critical race theory caucuses administered by white people.

In July 2021, the Missouri state legislature’s joint education committee held an invite-only hearing on how educators in public K–12 schools teach about racism. “I felt today it was important to hear from people who have tried to go through the official cycle of authority within their districts and have basically been turned away,” said Cindy O’Laughlin, a Republican senator and the committee’s chair. For O’Laughlin, “people” has a precise meaning, as no Black person spoke and the only people allowed to give testimony were opponents of critical race theory. Of course, giving primacy to white speakers has a history far older than CRT. As an 1804 Missouri law said, “no negro or mulatto shall be a witness except in the pleas of the United States against negroes or mulattoes or in civil pleas where negroes alone shall be parties.”

The parallels did not go unnoticed. “It is the height of irony that a hearing to consider censoring curriculum would censor those who are allowed to speak,” said Ingrid Burnett, a Democratic representative from Kansas City who pointed out the hearing’s one-sidedness.

As even the state’s Republican governor noted on social media the day after the meeting, there’s no evidence that CRT, an academic framework for analyzing how racism is embedded in American law and culture, is being taught throughout Missouri. There is certainly no evidence, as O’Laughlin advanced, that local authorities have stymied its opponents. CRT “has no business being taught in Missouri classrooms—but the vast majority of our schools are not doing that,” Gov. Mike Parson wrote. He later elaborated, “Look, the only way critical race theory can be taught in a school—the only way—is if the locals let it happen. That’s controlled by the local school boards.” In short, Parson argued that the system already works for conservatives. Indeed, out of more than 400 districts, the Missouri Board of Education has identified only one with CRT in the curriculum: Kansas City, where 54 percent of students are Black.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

PG County says hold my beer Mother Jones, more like hold Deez: https://www.pgcps.org/offices/board-of-education
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

huh. Looks like PG County students are getting the full, un-whitewashed truth about our country's history. Is "CRT" full-on policy there, or is it just plain "history" like many of us learned in school...??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:48 am huh. Looks like PG County students are getting the full, un-whitewashed truth about our country's history. Is "CRT" full-on policy there, or is it just plain "history" like many of us learned in school...??
You probably do not want to know: https://wjla.com/news/local/several-mem ... -gov-hogan
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:54 am
dislaxxic wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:48 am huh. Looks like PG County students are getting the full, un-whitewashed truth about our country's history. Is "CRT" full-on policy there, or is it just plain "history" like many of us learned in school...??
You probably do not want to know: https://wjla.com/news/local/several-mem ... -gov-hogan
Seems pretty consistent with PGC history.

Now, where is the evidence and affidavits?

‘ “Whistleblowers at almost every level in PGCPS have clear and convincing evidence that PGCPS has graduated hundreds of students who did not meet the Maryland State Department of Education graduation requirements. According to the testimony and evidence provided by these whistleblowers, this fraud and manipulation of student records has occurred both prior to and after graduation.’

Let the chips fall where they may.

And while they are at it, clean up the PGC police force.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:56 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:26 pm So dumb. Big fish in a small bitter pond talking about other wannabes. Doesn’t understand or bother to try. What a waste of a life.
Here's your waste of life . Now what's ahead for DMX's 15 kids ?
He's just a misunderstood musical genius.
Understand that. You wallow in bitterness.
You got it all correct. I bow down to your interpretive skills and genius.

So thoughtless.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:34 am

‘ “Whistleblowers at almost every level in PGCPS have clear and convincing evidence that PGCPS has graduated hundreds of students who did not meet the Maryland State Department of Education graduation requirements. According to the testimony and evidence provided by these whistleblowers, this fraud and manipulation of student records has occurred both prior to and after graduation.’

The most diverse in the state and this was 6 years ago....

https://wamu.org/story/15/06/09/numbers ... ce_forces/
~Livy

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

What would the issue of a school district's allegedly teaching on a CRT model possibly have to do with allegations of some other schools improperly graduating students? Is there a point in there somewhere?

Seems like author of this idea is attempting to draw some sort of conclusions, or at least a line, between the two. Why would that be?

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:00 am

What’s the point of your post?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:00 am

What’s the point of your post?
I don't understand either...youth, you live closer to PG county...this was 5 years ago, so did Hogan do anything, find anything...anyone get fired?

I'd think that if the accusations are correct, it would be something we'd hope that the Hogan Admin would address.

Has nothing to do with teaching history well, though.

Return to “POLITICS”