All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:53 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:36 am Hey guys, you'll by happy to hear that since I came down with an Omicron Cold a month ago, my cat allergy has disappeared. How cool is that? :lol:
I’m still avoiding the Omi because I’ve been told you lose your taste for meat for like 6-9 months. Death might be a better option that recovery given that.
... it was a nothing event, mildest cold ever, but I am vaccinated. Scratchy (not sore) throat for a few days, little post nasal drip and general body fatigue, minor night sweat one night. Can't figure out how I got it. Wife and relatives didn't get it. No one else in the house got it. Didn't quarantine while sick. The most likely was when wife and I ate out on a Sunday evening in a bar & grill that was nearly deserted. It was just as omicron was starting to be mentioned in the news. Something like 3% of US cases at the time. Neither of us wore masks. The bar & restaurant staff were all in masks. Earlier that afternoon we had stopped by my son's house to see my new granddaughter. Apart from that, I had not gone anywhere but walking on my own property for weeks. Hadn't come into contact with anyone. Had a PCR done a few days after the symptoms cleared and it was positive.

Since then the last two times I have come into contact with house cats, I had no reaction to them. Normally within 30 minutes of entering a house with a cat, I have an allergic reaction. Very weird. I suspect this is just a coincidence, perhaps the house with the cats has been cleaned in recent times. We will see.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:30 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:36 am Hey guys, you'll by happy to hear that since I came down with an Omicron Cold a month ago, my cat allergy has disappeared. How cool is that? :lol:
I’m still avoiding the Omi because I’ve been told you lose your taste for meat for like 6-9 months. Death might be a better option that recovery given that.
... it was a nothing event, mildest cold ever, but I am vaccinated. Scratchy (not sore) throat for a few days, little post nasal drip and general body fatigue, minor night sweat one night. Can't figure out how I got it. Wife and relatives didn't get it. No one else in the house got it. Didn't quarantine while sick. The most likely was when wife and I ate out on a Sunday evening in a bar & grill that was nearly deserted. It was just as omicron was starting to be mentioned in the news. Something like 3% of US cases at the time. Neither of us wore masks. The bar & restaurant staff were all in masks. Earlier that afternoon we had stopped by my son's house to see my new granddaughter. Apart from that, I had not gone anywhere but walking on my own property for weeks. Hadn't come into contact with anyone. Had a PCR done a few days after the symptoms cleared and it was positive.

Since then the last two times I have come into contact with house cats, I had no reaction to them. Normally within 30 minutes of entering a house with a cat, I have an allergic reaction. Very weird. I suspect this is just a coincidence, perhaps the house with the cats has been cleaned in recent times. We will see.
That sounds like recovery from a weed and coke bender 72…you sure it was Covid? :)

Just got off the phone with a banker who went to the CFB championship game and he and everyone he know who went got it. Said they’d gladly do it again and again for a “Dawg” title. He said he still like meat. (No pun intended since he’s a UGA fan and I root for them to lose regularly)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:34 am

That sounds like recovery from a weed and coke bender 72…you sure it was Covid? :)

Just got off the phone with a banker who went to the CFB championship game and he and everyone he know who went got it. Said they’d gladly do it again and again for a “Dawg” title. He said he still like meat. (No pun intended since he’s a UGA fan and I root for them to lose regularly)
... hadn't done weed in awhile don't drink coke anymore ;)

The PCR test was conclusive. While I was ill, I thought given the symptoms it could be omicron, but it was so mild I didn't do anything but hang around the house, watch TV, read and design electrical circuits, write some software, deal with business over the phone and email, which I guess counts as quarantining, but that is a pretty normal day for me, semi retired.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

... it was a nothing event, mildest cold ever, but I am vaccinated. Scratchy (not sore) throat for a few days, little post nasal drip and general body fatigue, minor night sweat one night. Can't figure out how I got it. Wife and relatives didn't get it. No one else in the house got it. Didn't quarantine while sick. The most likely was when wife and I ate out on a Sun
day evenin
g in a bar & grill that was nearly deserted. It was just as omicron was starting to be mentioned in the news. Something like 3% of US cases at the time. Neither of us wore masks. The bar & restaurant staff were all in masks. Earlier that afternoon we had stopped by my son's house to see my new granddaughter. Apart from that, I had not gone anywhere but walking on my own property for weeks. Hadn't come into contact with anyone. Had a PCR done a few days after the symptoms cleared and it was positive.

You and your Doc wife still concluding that TrumpU's science fair project is worthy of the 1st place, blue ribbon, prize? Force people to take jab that clearly, does not work.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:16 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:36 am Meanwhile, the unvaccinated have clogged the healthcare system, with all sorts of costs to all of the rest of us.
What are your thoughts on people who clog the healthcare system for other reasons--like poor nutrition or lack of exercise, for example?
I have quite a lot of thoughts on the topic and have written at length about them on these threads.

Yes, over 50% of all healthcare costs in the US are due to preventable or mitigable chronic diseases related to obesity, with over 66% of Americans overweight or obese to a point at which it impacts health risks.

I think we should pay far more attention to our public health costs and the policies that "feed" this problem.

Gotta go to a meeting, but happy to discuss further.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

My thing would be to shift resources away from end of life care and that would solve a lot of the above mentioned issues I believe.

Preparing quality meals at home using some new application would also be a good idea!
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:01 pm
... it was a nothing event, mildest cold ever, but I am vaccinated. Scratchy (not sore) throat for a few days, little post nasal drip and general body fatigue, minor night sweat one night. Can't figure out how I got it. Wife and relatives didn't get it. No one else in the house got it. Didn't quarantine while sick. The most likely was when wife and I ate out on a Sun
day evenin
g in a bar & grill that was nearly deserted. It was just as omicron was starting to be mentioned in the news. Something like 3% of US cases at the time. Neither of us wore masks. The bar & restaurant staff were all in masks. Earlier that afternoon we had stopped by my son's house to see my new granddaughter. Apart from that, I had not gone anywhere but walking on my own property for weeks. Hadn't come into contact with anyone. Had a PCR done a few days after the symptoms cleared and it was positive.

You and your Doc wife still concluding that TrumpU's science fair project is worthy of the 1st place, blue ribbon, prize? Force people to take jab that clearly, does not work.
... vaccine is working just fine even against omicron.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:25 pm
day evenin

Yup - reducing severity, time/level of infectiousness, likelyhood of bad outcomes. I would say that is working exactly as intended.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:59 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:25 pm
day evenin

Yup - reducing severity, time/level of infectiousness, likelyhood of bad outcomes. I would say that is working exactly as intended.
tens of millions of your neighbors got covid. with symptoms. Most has similar outcomes. no TrumpU fake jabs yet.

Puked on Monday.....Thursday was back out hunting for deer before getting tested. Only reason covid was suspected was the loss of smell. Otherwize, would have attributed it to THC withdrawal. Not good to hunt high.

Is this the spin the jab makers sold to the FDA, that it just will "reduce" bad outcomes? :lol: :lol: You're sure about this.........go ahead, provide some facts. Like Pfizer's FDA emergency application paperwork. Or, do we have to wait 75 years for FOIA to kick in? Stay informed.....your doing great ya'll.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Rrr: you are a data point of one. Meaningless wrt the big picture.

The actual statistical data confirms vaccines make a huge difference, and are the best way to get us to something approaching the prepandemic situation.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Yes, reduced infection rate and reduced hospitalizations and death.

That's the objective.

Against Alpha, the vaccines were super highly effective on infection rate, as well as hospitalizations and death.

Against Delta, a little less well on infection rate but still very high, still strong against bad outcomes...need a booster to be similar to original results against Alpha....booster matters as vaccine efficacy does wane with time.

Omicron is super infectious, breakthrough cases regardless of prior infections or vaccines; but still effective (with booster) in reducing infection rate risk, and very, very effective in preventing bad outcomes. Newest Omicron variant offshoot is 1.5X infectious relative to Omicron, but good news is that vaccine + booster is very effective...as is prior Omicron infection, Alpha and Delta not so much.

Unvaccinated are clogging health system, but of course, lots of infected/unvaxxed get through it without a serious outcome as well...but odds are way worse. And risks go way, way up if elderly or otherwise immunocompromised, overweight/obese, kidney disease, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, etc. 2/3 of American adults are overweight or obese. Much of the co-morbidities associated with such are not yet diagnosed (eg pre-diabetes).

That's the current status of the data.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:16 pm Rrr: you are a data point of one. Meaningless wrt the big picture.

The actual statistical data confirms vaccines make a huge difference, and are the best way to get us to something approaching the prepandemic situation.
Huge difference? To, or for, what?

And, let's face it, some people handle illness better than others. Doubt the instructors at PJ school care 2 Fing clicks you got the sniffles. Others? Go to the emergency room for a paper cut.

Yeah, yeah ,yeah.....stats.

Do you, or anyone, have stats for payout$ to college$, Hop$pital$, nur$ing home$, etc. for covid deaths. It IS still $20k, per patient, yes?

GOA have stats/numbers of funeral reimbursements, at a $10K clip? nope.

Still waiting on that FDA "emergency" paperwork. See the word "prevent".......not "reduce". What have you found.

exactly

You and Trump....pushing his fake vaccine. Trump family own bigpharma stock? Trumps former FDA guy, now working at bigpharma.....he own stock?

geez....look........it's an US......or, is it a THEM?

go getem boys......who should we hate today.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Stop the misinformation : EUA's were not approved b/c of "less" or "reduced" illness. Such unfacts.

FDA Evaluation of Available Effectiveness Data

The effectiveness data to support the EUA include an analysis of 36,523 participants in the ongoing randomized, placebo-controlled international study, the majority of whom are U.S. participants, who did not have evidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection through seven days after the second dose. Among these participants, 18,198 received the vaccine and 18,325 received placebo. The vaccine was 95% effective in preventing COVID-19 disease among these clinical trial participants with eight COVID-19 cases in the vaccine group and 162 in the placebo group. Of these 170 COVID-19 cases, one in the vaccine group and three in the placebo group were classified as severe. At this time, data are not available to make a determination about how long the vaccine will provide protection, nor is there evidence that the vaccine prevents transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from person to person.

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-a ... t-covid-19

The EUA (emergency approval) was "lifted" around Labor Day of 2021, for TrumpU's former FDA guy's new employer. fizer.

Same lies are missing on that paperwork. Nothing about "less" or "reduced". Anywhere.

Sell your lies at the next WE Day event. Maybe Neil Young can play at the next one, or did all the covid funny money go to someone other than Trudea's WE charity types. Thanks Oprah. Did she shill for Epstein, too. What a crowd.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Do I need a booster if I had Omicron/Delta and why?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Moderna vaccine received permanent FDA approval today.......just like vaccines for polio, measles, etc.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:52 pm Do I need a booster if I had Omicron/Delta and why?
to be up to date.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:58 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:52 pm Do I need a booster if I had Omicron/Delta and why?
to be up to date.
:lol:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... ed-to-know

909,000 dead and counting. We are going to break 1,000,000
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”