All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

PizzaSnake

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by PizzaSnake »

Sweet Jeebus people. Nothing is “provable”. We can only fail to disprove. This is not difficult. I pray some of the commenters here are not nor have been involved in any scientific fields.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Bart wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:16 am Tech, you have said it several times....what early treatments are you focusing on that have not been utilized?
Hey Bart. I'm not going to get into the boondoggle of listing specifics at this time. The point is, if the development/approval of therapeutics had been addressed in the same robust manner and urgency and at the same time that vaccines were, I'm betting thousands of lives would have been saved.

You have a lot of knowledge in this area... perhaps you know. Is any group/institutional faction keeping track of what therapeutics have been prescribed and what sort of results are being attained? I see/hear nothing but the SOP focus on vaccines, hospitalizations, and deaths.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:29 pm
Bart wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:16 am Tech, you have said it several times....what early treatments are you focusing on that have not been utilized?
Hey Bart. I'm not going to get into the boondoggle of listing specifics at this time. The point is, if the development/approval of therapeutics had been addressed in the same robust manner and urgency and at the same time that vaccines were, I'm betting thousands of lives would have been saved.

You have a lot of knowledge in this area... perhaps you know. Is any group/institutional faction keeping track of what therapeutics have been prescribed and what sort of results are being attained? I see/hear nothing but the SOP focus on vaccines, hospitalizations, and deaths.
I posted a list off all the therapeutics being worked on and you ignored it. Told you a company we bank was in trials with a therapeutic and you ignored it. Plenty of people have been given therapeutics in hospitals in an effort to save lives and you ignored it…… ignorance and ignore have the same root.
“I wish you would!”
smoova

Post by smoova »

Hey Bart. I'm not going to get into the boondoggle of listing specifics at this time.
Bwahahahaha!
Typical Lax Dad

smoova wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:40 pm
Hey Bart. I'm not going to get into the boondoggle of listing specifics at this time.
Bwahahahaha!
I posted this before but Chester ignored it:

https://www.raps.org/news-and-articles/ ... cs-tracker
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:24 am Feel free to laugh at my Inquisition reference. I might suggest you do a bit more research before dismissing it out of hand. Quite ironic that you appear to be doing what you rail at others here for doing similar things.
You're right, apologies. If you want to, explain further how the Inquisition has any connection to the Dissidents article. If anything, I see Copernicus and Galileo as being simpatico with the Dissidents.

​“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.
Yep, great quote.

I disagree that there has not been ANY scientific method applied. That said, plenty of pseudo-method flying about on both sides.
Okay.

If that's the way you feel about vaccines why did you even get one in the first place if there's is no evidence that it works?
Seem incredible to me but happy to listen to you elaborate further.
Careful, it's not how I feel about vaccines. I am not anti-vaxx and have taken many throughout my life, including polio, not too long after Neil Young got his. Did I say there's no evidence it works? Sheesh.

Early on, considering my age and what information was available at the time, I did a personal risk/benefit analysis and went with it. Does that suffice?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:46 pm
Bwahahahaha!

Thank you children. Never saw it.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bwahahahaha!

... hey Zeus Christy. 86 therapeutics, that's all?? Not nearly enough when compared to the zillions of vaccines. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Bart

Post by Bart »

Bwahahahaha!

Thanks for posting this. Interesting stuff there. Lots of interesting stuff.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bwahahahaha!

Excellent-all of it
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Lot's of therapeutics in the pipeline, great. Way late though. Makes my point.
Bart

Post by Bart »

I do not have alot of knowledge in the pharmaceutical development arena. I'm was/am more on the basic side of the coin. I'm interested in the science of how/why the virus does what it is doing and how/why a therapeutic works. That being said my $0.02 is.....

I do no completely disagree that .Gov put alot of energy in vaccination. It is a a quick way of reducing the susceptible population and limit the spread of a novel virus. If anything I think the effectiveness of the vaccine to produce a 0 COVID result was oversold IMO. It looks to me that the pace of pharmaceutical development is actually rather robust, especially from TLD's list.

I think people underestimate the difficulty in developing these type of things. Not only does the therapeutic in question need to squelch the underlying disease it needs to have minimal or manageable side effects. It amazes me the speed of development of monoclonal Ab development these days as compared to what I witnessed in the early 90's. Light and day. The speed and accuracy of molecular techniques continues to be amazing.
Bart

Post by Bart »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:30 pm Lot's of therapeutics in the pipeline, great. Way late though. Makes my point.
I said this above. I really think you are underestimating the difficulty in developing therapeutics.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:59 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:24 am Feel free to laugh at my Inquisition reference. I might suggest you do a bit more research before dismissing it out of hand. Quite ironic that you appear to be doing what you rail at others here for doing similar things.
You're right, apologies. If you want to, explain further how the Inquisition has any connection to the Dissidents article. If anything, I see Copernicus and Galileo as being simpatico with the Dissidents.

​“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.
Yep, great quote.

I disagree that there has not been ANY scientific method applied. That said, plenty of pseudo-method flying about on both sides.
Okay.

If that's the way you feel about vaccines why did you even get one in the first place if there's is no evidence that it works?
Careful, it's not how I feel about vaccines. I am not anti-vaxx and have taken many throughout my life, including polio, not too long after Neil Young got his. Did I say there's no evidence it works? Sheesh.

Early on, considering my age and what information was available at the time, I did a personal risk/benefit analysis and went with it. Does that suffice?
Well, that might be true if the Dissidents disproved their points/theory ala Scientific Method as both Copernicus and Galileo did. As I read the piece, they gave their opinions about a lot of stuff but failed to marshal any disprovable facts. My Inquisition reference was to make the point that just because a group of alleged experts declares the truth it doesn't mean that what they say is the truth. As you compare the Dissidents to Copernicus and Galileo I liken them more to the Inquisition. This could be true of the establishment as well but so far I have not seen much evidence of manipulation of data in this regard. Please point out some evidence of establishment scientists overtly doing this in case I missed it.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:38 pm

Yep, great quote.

Okay.

Well, that might be true if the Dissidents disproved their points/theory ala Scientific Method as both Copernicus and Galileo did. As I read the piece, they gave their opinions about a lot of stuff but failed to marshal any disprovable facts. My Inquisition reference was to make the point that just because a group of alleged experts declares the truth it doesn't mean that what they say is the truth. As you compare the Dissidents to Copernicus and Galileo I liken them more to the Inquisition. This could be true of the establishment as well but so far I have not seen much evidence of manipulation of data in this regard. Please point out some evidence of establishment scientists overtly doing this in case I missed it.
Well, that's exactly what the article claims:

"In their Talmudic approach to the pandemic, posing questions of questions and questions of other questioners, they are instead voices that have sought to uphold the past 400 years of scientific tradition and practice, rather than overturn it. Some of their questions have been prescient and vindicated; others might appear conspiratorial or extreme. But the main point is that they have asked and continue to ask questions, while a majority of their peers have done away with the scientific method or have been cowed into silence."

Oh well, we'll agree to disagree i suppose.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Bart wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:37 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:30 pm Lot's of therapeutics in the pipeline, great. Way late though. Makes my point.
I said this above. I really think you are underestimating the difficulty in developing therapeutics.
Maybe. Sorry, I'm skeptical... not my fault.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:52 pm
Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:38 pm

Yep, great quote.

Okay.

Well, that's exactly what the article claims:

"In their Talmudic approach to the pandemic, posing questions of questions and questions of other questioners, they are instead voices that have sought to uphold the past 400 years of scientific tradition and practice, rather than overturn it. Some of their questions have been prescient and vindicated; others might appear conspiratorial or extreme. But the main point is that they have asked and continue to ask questions, while a majority of their peers have done away with the scientific method or have been cowed into silence."

Oh well, we'll agree to disagree i suppose.
Yep. That's the ticket although the segue from Inquisition to Talmud might have been worth the price of admission. :lol: :lol:

BTW
"Prince Harry and Meghan Markle say they have expressed "concerns" to Spotify about "Covid-19 misinformation on its platform" following backlash over Joe Rogan. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have a deal with Spotify to produce podcasts."

Rut Roh. :D
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:59 pm Yep. That's the ticket although the segue from Inquisition to Talmud might have been worth the price of admission. :lol: :lol:
Yes! :D

BTW
"Prince Harry and Meghan Markle say they have expressed "concerns" to Spotify about "Covid-19 misinformation on its platform" following backlash over Joe Rogan. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have a deal with Spotify to produce podcasts."

Rut Roh. :D
Now that's a game-changer! :lol:
Typical Lax Dad

https://ir.alexion.com/news-releases/ne ... ultomirisr

They started in Spring of 2020. This is all old news. You ignored it.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:11 pm
https://ir.alexion.com/news-releases/ne ... ultomirisr

They started in Spring of 2020. This is all old news. You ignored it.
Bleach and sunlight and HCQ were so much more interesting that the assumption was that no one was trying to actually develop therapeutics that had a real shot at working.

Then we got ivermectin...how many times did tech tell us that was the savior?

Return to “POLITICS”