Hobart 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hobart 2022

Post by Farfromgeneva »

They cancelled my kids practice down here in Atlanta for Sat so I know your pain…

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/8f ... f3023b9120

But they are still getting instruction from the Ga Swarm coaches and I guess some players for which I’ve instructed my son to IQ IRR as to why they didn’t move heaven and earth to keep Frank Brown (and Ethan OConner but I’m sure my kids will forget his name when it’s time for them to act)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Anyone got the lowdown on being allowed to attend tomorrow? I've tried to contact Hobart Athletics to no avail.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Originally, it was1pass per player, each team. Hearing that there may be some parents not making the game with the storm hitting the northeast. Maybe try the coaches if no luck with Ken Debolt.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

oldbartman wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:34 pm Originally, it was1pass per player, each team. Hearing that there may be some parents not making the game with the storm hitting the northeast. Maybe try the coaches if no luck with Ken Debolt.
It's sad that they won't answer their phone (I tried all morning) or answer an email. Seems like a lack of common courtesy.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

End of podcast they explain why people can’t come into dome for scrimmage today.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Very thin information but heard we started off slow and sloppy but ended up “winning” 13-8 vs PC today.

Good start to preseason with respect to effort and hustle for our guys between the Mich and this one. The Yale and Fairfield ones will be interesting.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

That’s sort of been a calling card of Coach Raymonds teams that they are always slow starters and playing from behind.
That’s a tough way to go through your seasons
Glad they kicked into gear and played well
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

We did a little better in that respect when we had deeper experience like in 17, 19 & 20. Think about us jumping out on SJU and Bryant in 17 with a lot of Jrs and Srs who went to the NCAAs the prior spring. The only shame was not closing out either the 17 or 19 NEC final.

To coach Raymond’s point in the podcast the Sophs havent seen OOC opponents (and many missed parts or their Sr HS season). Add in a couple of juniors who missed a year (Herlihy and Romm) and I’d like to think we have great and deep but inexperienced talent built ups. We play Lehigh and Cornell back to back pretty early so that’ll change before conference play it would seem.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

FL-GO wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:38 am End of podcast they explain why people can’t come into dome for scrimmage today.
I've been able to get on the list before, so I figured I'd give it a shot. The Dome is a great place to watch a game in comfort. What an advantage it is to have such a facility.

I love the Podcasts and really look forward to them.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

I was able to see most of the scrimmage. But I arrived late and missed the first three they put in on us. According to parents, we came out dead flat. That has been a problem in the past, but this was a good wake up. From what I saw the d was sloppy. But they turned it around, tightened things up, and for the last three quarters shut Providence down. I was impressed with our aggression. We cleared well and it also seems that Holtby saw the ball well. I was pleasantly surprised by Max Hortons play. Raymond switched it up quite a bit, so I have no clue who will actually start come the regular season.
Once we had our feet under us, the midfield and attack looked solid. For a while I thought it was going to be the Ryan Archer show ... man he's good. But Mott and Madonna got fired up and scored too. Sam ward got lots of playing time and looked solid. But He had some bad luck with the posts and with a solid Providence goalie. We can expect good things though. Delano was also out a lot. He is a complete x factor .. he hustles and hustles and shows no fear. He also shows poise under pressure. I did not see Barthelme in much. He was dressed but seemed to be walking gingerly. Bach was looking very strong midfield, but he got beaten up and was down at one point. He did not return after that, but he seemed to be moving well on the sideline. Shea completely dominated. The first year Jake ... forget his name now ... looked solid and will be good relief for Shea. They were both helped by aggressive midfield play. Frankie, Ryan, Trujillo carried the long poles. Meier had some good play as did Groomes, Herlihy and Simas. Simas will be able to help Sherman, who was solid as ever. But Simas is a bit of a bull, and could improve on decision making. He took a hell of a hit trying to speed by someone. But he also hopped right up.
Raymond played the full roster and we were solid throughout. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rosa out there on man up. He was solid yesterday. Sophomore Joah Duby also ran hard and challenged guys. Basically it was a good early slap to the face followed by three quarters of redemption. The seniors and coaching staff now have to figure out how to prevent a flat start from happening again.
It should be a really fun season.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Great to hear aside from the start.

Who’s Meier? Or is that Meite?

Glad to hear Shaifer was good in support of Shea.

Happen to notice Delaney or Durkin?

Had heard Horton would be good coming out of HS but wondered where he’d fit in the way Coach talked about Firth and Duby in the fall.

Sounds like a lot of upside from the first two scrimmages and yet some strong play against two relatively unique opponents so far. I’m getting my hopes up with each scrimmage .
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Yes, I meant Maite. Delany got some good runs, and he is strong. His decision making seems excellent and he is tough. But there were some real difference in the speeds of the different midfield units. He seemed out there with a slower group. I didnt notice Dirkin out there. But that was probably just my lack of familiarity with numbers. Shaffer could be a good compliment to Shea. They are pretty different in styles. I saw Vona take a faceoff, so he may be a third option. I didn't notice Mitrow out there.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Gracias. Heave heard Delaney isn’t a speed demon before but otherwise super talented. Wonder how much of it is his leg injury last year or how he’s always been. I’m sure he’d still beat me and knock out a dozen wings before I finish if we were to race so it’s all relative of course.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

:lol: Me too! But I'm old, and I'd cheat in that race.
I also didnt see Romm out there. Any one know if he's recovered?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

2 additions to the roster. A sophomore transfer from Stony Brook, goalie Liam Daly. The other is FY LSM/D JT Anderson who played for an undefeated Deerfield team last year. Welcome to the family Liam & JT!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Always good to hear.

Coach mention being down a goalie. Didn’t catch which that was other than it’s not Holtby. Do we know if it’s LS, the FR Cargill (whim I hear is very good but didn’t know if he wanted to play in college) or is the Vona kid who played goalie gone?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:50 pm Always good to hear.

Coach mention being down a goalie. Didn’t catch which that was other than it’s not Holtby. Do we know if it’s LS, the FR Cargill (whim I hear is very good but didn’t know if he wanted to play in college) or is the Vona kid who played goalie gone?
The younger Vona (goalie) did not return this fall. Cargill left the team after deciding he wasn't ready to commit to D I lax. Hope he plays for the club team.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Heard Romm is still nursing a knee injury, and a friend of mine said he saw Barthelme wearing a boot. I saw someone go into goal to replace Holtby, but I didn't see who it was. Whoever it was looked okay ... looked like a young goalie with solid skills and room for improvement. Wish I could go to Yale this weekend!
Laxfan1234

Post by Laxfan1234 »

Ranked #3 in NEC preseason coaches poll (#1 Bryant, #2 St. Joes).

https://northeastconference.org/news/20 ... el_22.aspx

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”