All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

admin
Site Admin

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by admin »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:26 pm It’s fascinating that 7 people here replied in the poll that sits atop this thread that they definitively have “4 or more” family members or friends who have died from Covid. 4 or more. I’ve yet to read any posts here where someone cops to that. Let’s just say I’m skeptical. :roll: I don’t know one single person who has died of Covid...
Peter, you've been back just over 48 hours and you're already moving in the wrong direction. Questioning whether people *really* lost family and friends is a bad idea. For the people who have lost family and friends, and I know for a fact that these people exist within our forum, posts of this ilk are pretty provocative. And not in a remotely good way.
Bart

Post by Bart »

admin wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:26 pm It’s fascinating that 7 people here replied in the poll that sits atop this thread that they definitively have “4 or more” family members or friends who have died from Covid. 4 or more. I’ve yet to read any posts here where someone cops to that. Let’s just say I’m skeptical. :roll: I don’t know one single person who has died of Covid...
Peter, you've been back just over 48 hours and you're already moving in the wrong direction. Questioning whether people *really* lost family and friends is a bad idea. For the people who have lost family and friends, and I know for a fact that these people exist within our forum, posts of this ilk are pretty provocative. And not in a remotely good way.
C'mon Pete. Hang in there. I got 200:1 on the over and took it.

BTW..you take on the monoclonal is completely off base. 1 of 3 work for Omicron. What you are complaining about is asking doctors to continue to prescribe and treat patients with a therapy that does not work.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Bart wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:26 pm

BTW..you take on the monoclonal is completely off base. 1 of 3 work for Omicron. What you are complaining about is asking doctors to continue to prescribe and treat patients with a therapy that does not work.
Over what? 1 week
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Bart

Post by Bart »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:44 pm

Over what? 1 week
The line was 38 days. I should have asked for 1000:1. They were giving 3:2 for under.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Bart wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:51 pm

Over what? 1 week
The line was 38 days. I should have asked for 1000:1. They were giving 3:2 for under.
Shoulda went all in, then worked a back deal with Pete. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:27 pm

Over what? 1 week

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Sorry Bart, It’s stressful out here. I’m trying my best, I promise; I want you to win. I need to make it to the start of lax season then I can turn away from politics. It was my mistake posting on Corona. Im trying to stick to the 2022 Midterm thread.

My bad, apologies all around.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Over what? 1 week
Yeah that’s what my buddies would call “throwing a Yo” bet. Not a horrible, cheap out of the money option with a very very asymmetric payoff.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:27 pm

Over what? 1 week
You’d trust a deal with that cat?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

The grift is on!!

“ A group of vaccine-sceptic writers are generating revenues of at least $2.5m (£1.85m) a year from publishing newsletters for tens of thousands of followers on the online publishing platform Substack, according to new research.”

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... n-substack
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

PizzaSnake wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:49 pm The grift is on!!

“ A group of vaccine-sceptic writers are generating revenues of at least $2.5m (£1.85m) a year from publishing newsletters for tens of thousands of followers on the online publishing platform Substack, according to new research.”

Well, at least we know how China's gonna beat us, if they ever decide they actually WANT America.

Release a virus...and Americans are too stupid to take a simple cure.

Way to go team!!!!!

I cannot WAIT for the next pandemic, so we get to know what the new miracle cures are. Shove a liter of Mercury in the bum? Lead paint chips for the kids, so they can get cured?

My vote for Time Person of the Year is : "some guy on the internet". Oh, the amazing leaps forward that guy has brought to our shores!!
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:58 pm

Well, at least we know how China's gonna beat us, if they ever decide they actually WANT America.

Way to go team!!!!!

I cannot WAIT for the next pandemic, so we get to know what the new miracle cures are. Shove a liter of Mercury in the bum? Lead paint chips for the kids, so they can get cured?

My vote for Time Person of the Year is : "some guy on the internet". Oh, the amazing leaps forward that guy has brought to our shores!!
Another accurate prediction from "Contagion". Except it's not one or two crazies, it's half the dam country
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Way to go team!!!!!

:lol: :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Spotify is having network responsiveness problems, started yesterday, as people are deleting accounts. Newsweek reporting.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Way to go team!!!!!

some guy on the internet might have a better chance in 2022. peeps are now voting with their feet and not party affiliation, when all the red guys were responsible.

26% boosted.
20% of kids 5-11.

we want our covid vaccines to be perfect. variant proof and no side effects. it's a new age in 2022.
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:23 pm ......some guy on the internet might have a better chance in 2022. peeps are now voting with their feet and not party affiliation, when all the red guys were responsible.

26% boosted.
20% of kids 5-11.
Yep. Years of disinformation and pandemic fatigue will do that.

Biden has to move on when it gets warm. He already signaled that's coming with the dropping of the Contractor mandates. Let's hope he follow through.

The unvaxxed are on their own this fall. G*d's speed to them all.

And we all need to hope for a less deadly variant.....
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:58 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:23 pm ......some guy on the internet might have a better chance in 2022. peeps are now voting with their feet and not party affiliation, when all the red guys were responsible.

26% boosted.
20% of kids 5-11.
Yep. Years of disinformation and pandemic fatigue will do that.

Biden has to move on when it gets warm. He already signaled that's coming with the dropping of the Contractor mandates. Let's hope he follow through.

The unvaxxed are on their own this fall. G*d's speed to them all.

And we all need to hope for a less deadly variant.....
yes.

and even the information becomes disinformation in a matter of months. or less. fatigue indeed.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

The Dissidents

A handful of scientists and doctors have spent the past two years defending mainstream public health approaches and scientific rigor against the pandemic response bureaucracy

"There is no scientific truth, only replicable science. Then it becomes theory, but not law. And not truth. There are fundamental laws of physics that have been overturned. Law is not truth, law is law, and in science, law can be overturned."

"Somehow, in the madness, fear, confusion, and paranoia of our two-year sojourn through COVID-19, that basic definition of scientific truth—that it is ever-evolving, and inimical to dogmatism—has been largely mocked, denigrated, and ignored, if not met with slogans like “believe science.”

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/scie ... dissidents
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:10 pm The Dissidents

A handful of scientists and doctors have spent the past two years defending mainstream public health approaches and scientific rigor against the pandemic response bureaucracy

"There is no scientific truth, only replicable science. Then it becomes theory, but not law. And not truth. There are fundamental laws of physics that have been overturned. Law is not truth, law is law, and in science, law can be overturned."

"Somehow, in the madness, fear, confusion, and paranoia of our two-year sojourn through COVID-19, that basic definition of scientific truth—that it is ever-evolving, and inimical to dogmatism—has been largely mocked, denigrated, and ignored, if not met with slogans like “believe science.”

Well, Tech, the Inquisition people had problems with Copernicus and Galileo, too. Which side ended up being correct?

Much of science is data and observation but when certain folks start mucking with the data and observations that's when we all get into trouble.

If you have time and Netflix watch the new release Don't Look Up
It's satire so the theme/situation is exaggerated but is designed to show what happens when you cannot believe your eyes. :lol: :lol:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:02 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:10 pm The Dissidents

Well, Tech, the Inquisition people had problems with Copernicus and Galileo, too. Which side ended up being correct?

Much of science is data and observation but when certain folks start mucking with the data and observations that's when we all get into trouble.

If you have time and Netflix watch the new release Don't Look Up
It's satire so the theme/situation is exaggerated but is designed to show what happens when you cannot believe your eyes. :lol: :lol:
Ha! The so-called data is already mucked with. That's the gist of the article.

Return to “POLITICS”