All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Farfromgeneva

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

A YouTube clip so some can relate

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9jFBhJSgw0M
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Bart

Post by Bart »

Interesting paper just dropped on the BioRxiv server. It is a technique the authors are terming "Prime and Spike". One of the thoughts is that in order to have an exceedingly effective course to stop infection of COVID is to have the upper respiratory track primed and immunized with a vaccine. Currently we vaccinate intramuscularly and it is working well in the decrease of severe disease. These authors conclude that "based on unadjuvanted intranasal spike boosting that leverages existing immunity generated by primary vaccination to elicit mucosal immune memory within the respiratory tract. We show that Prime and Spike induces robust T resident memory cells, B resident memory cells and IgA at the respiratory mucosa, boosts systemic immunity"

This was carried out in mice and it is in the very early stages but it is a different approach. Yes, it is in mice and more diseases have been cured/stopped in mice than have resulted in applicable approaches in humans but it is a start. I would think the next step is a study in primates. Either way it is interesting.

Here is a link to the paper: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 4.477597v1
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Fauci helping clear it all up: The vaccine, 'can make things worse'.... https://twitter.com/KathMLee1/status/14 ... 46053?s=20
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Bart wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:04 am Interesting paper just dropped on the BioRxiv server. It is a technique the authors are terming "Prime and Spike". One of the thoughts is that in order to have an exceedingly effective course to stop infection of COVID is to have the upper respiratory track primed and immunized with a vaccine. Currently we vaccinate intramuscularly and it is working well in the decrease of severe disease. These authors conclude that "based on unadjuvanted intranasal spike boosting that leverages existing immunity generated by primary vaccination to elicit mucosal immune memory within the respiratory tract. We show that Prime and Spike induces robust T resident memory cells, B resident memory cells and IgA at the respiratory mucosa, boosts systemic immunity"

This was carried out in mice and it is in the very early stages but it is a different approach. Yes, it is in mice and more diseases have been cured/stopped in mice than have resulted in applicable approaches in humans but it is a start. I would think the next step is a study in primates. Either way it is interesting.

Here is a link to the paper: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 4.477597v1
Thanks Bart for posting. Very interesting.

Over time, the vaccines will be improved, no doubt.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:13 am Fauci helping clear it all up: The vaccine, 'can make things worse'.... https://twitter.com/KathMLee1/status/14 ... 46053?s=20
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:20 am
Bart wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:04 am Interesting paper just dropped on the BioRxiv server. It is a technique the authors are terming "Prime and Spike". One of the thoughts is that in order to have an exceedingly effective course to stop infection of COVID is to have the upper respiratory track primed and immunized with a vaccine. Currently we vaccinate intramuscularly and it is working well in the decrease of severe disease. These authors conclude that "based on unadjuvanted intranasal spike boosting that leverages existing immunity generated by primary vaccination to elicit mucosal immune memory within the respiratory tract. We show that Prime and Spike induces robust T resident memory cells, B resident memory cells and IgA at the respiratory mucosa, boosts systemic immunity"

Thanks Bart for posting. Very interesting.

Over time, the vaccines will be improved, no doubt.
Are you not afraid of it being a new and unproven method being developed by the establishment? What’s the long term side effects that we won’t know about for years?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:03 am A YouTube clip so some can relate

Not sure I could have her as a therapist....I'd only have one thing on my mind. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Admittedly, I don't follow this stuff and... I'd never heard Berenson before. Yikes. Even if everything he's saying is 100% true, which I do not believe to be the case, that's some pretty serious fear mongering. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 01257.html
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:56 am Admittedly, I don't follow this stuff and... I'd never heard Berenson before. Yikes. Even if everything he's saying is 100% true, which I do not believe to be the case, that's some pretty serious fear mongering. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 01257.html
I believe he posts here under pseudonyms.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

What would happen to this guy if he refused the vaccine based on religious grounds? Would/could the hospital still yank him out of line?
Not a real world question, though hypothetically interesting.

Hard to see that there could ever be a person (i) who would have no religious objection to a heart transplant (is there a more complicated and invasive medical procedure than that?), but (ii) who then could also establish a legitimate religious objection to the Covid vax?

Basically impossible.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:56 am Admittedly, I don't follow this stuff and... I'd never heard Berenson before. Yikes. Even if everything he's saying is 100% true, which I do not believe to be the case, that's some pretty serious fear mongering. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 01257.html
Why does Tucker Carlson always look like he just sharted in his pants?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

ggait wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:03 am
What would happen to this guy if he refused the vaccine based on religious grounds? Would/could the hospital still yank him out of line?

Hard to see that there could ever be a person (i) who would have no religious objection to a heart transplant (is there a more complicated and invasive medical procedure than that?), but (ii) who then could also establish a legitimate religious objection to the Covid vax?

Basically impossible.
Disagree, but you're the lawyer of course. If his position is presented as his personal health decision... in one instance he has made his personal decision after considering his options, on the other, rejects the recommendation based on the recommendation being forced/mandatory. I'm sure some lawyer out there (perhaps many) could make this work within a religious context and perhaps win.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

.... its a Tuckyo Rose aligned guest. Even if a blind swine picks up a pearl on occasion, pretty sure this isn't one.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bart wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:14 am
... I have asked myself that question on numerous occasions. :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:23 am

Basically impossible.
Disagree, but you're the lawyer of course. If his position is presented as his personal health decision... in one instance he has made his personal decision after considering his options, on the other, rejects the recommendation based on the recommendation being forced/mandatory. I'm sure some lawyer out there (perhaps many) could make this work within a religious context.
Probably a good thing you and I aren't lawyers, but seems to me that the only religious exemptions are for established doctrines with well established sects. Not for one individual's personal preference to not to be told they need to follow rules in society. Simply not a religious doctrine.

Note that it is society which provides the exemption not simply someone's wish for an exception to be made for them.

ggait's point is that the established religious doctrines which say no medical procedures are allowed, and all is in the hands of God, are allowed as coherent and consistent. But there is no doctrine that says one can pick and choose when to put one's life and behavior in the hands of God, at least not such to expect that one's individual choice will be granted an exemption!

Nor is society going to ever say that an individual can simply choose when to follow the rules established by society and when not...at least not without consequences.

In these cases, people are required to either be vaccinated or wear a mask or whatever, else find other employment, go elsewhere to shop, go to the back of the line for a transplant, whatever those consequences are. Participate in society, enjoy the benefits of society, or do not. There's actually still a choice.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

tech37 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:23 am

Basically impossible.
Disagree, but you're the lawyer of course. If his position is presented as his personal health decision... in one instance he has made his personal decision after considering his options, on the other, rejects the recommendation based on the recommendation being forced/mandatory. I'm sure some lawyer out there (perhaps many) could make this work within a religious context and perhaps win.
... the only lawyers that will take this case are named Sidney or Rudy and they will want their fee upfront. :roll:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:03 am
I believe he posts here under pseudonyms.
https://data.cdc.gov/Vaccinations/COVID ... /rh2h-3yt2

summation on boosters: drop from 25 million in december to what'll finish around 15 million in january. during the january run up of omicron, over half million, 750k per day infections.

save a nasty new variant in short order, looks like this round of boosters is going to net maybe 30+% of the pop. maybe not even.

seems like the repuklicons must have recruited all the independents. also kids 5-11 are @ 21% vaxxed. got to some of the democrats. are we majority anti-vaxx by spring? the more things change, the more things change.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s the plug inserted.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:55 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:03 am A YouTube clip so some can relate

Not sure I could have her as a therapist....I'd only have one thing on my mind. :lol:
I was thinking of a scene from a stupid comedy called Bad Trip where Eric Andre really should not have gone back into the gorilla cage at the zoo when I saw her…
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Typical Lax Dad

He has a perpetual scowl
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”