Towson

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Uklax

Re: Towson

Post by Uklax »

Math1234 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:51 pm Alright guys, I think we know who the goalie (Brennan) and three close defensemen (Koby, Barsz, Zunagaila) will be. Assume we know the F/O (Constantanides) and not 100% sure about the pole other than Mo or maybe Collins O'Connoer, but let's guess the top six on offense. Just guessing the midfield. I hope we just don't go experience and more with potential, but I understand they don't want turnovers,

Attack: Avanzato, Demaio, Milani
Mid 1: Swain, Weisshaar, Berkeley
Mid 2: Gaskins, Webber, Stewart,
Mid 3: Ducommun, Anderson, Drew Martin
Luke shilling on the roster from hopkins also, he might slot in somewhere. You'd hope Milani's good work last season let's him keep his place.
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

Uklax wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:36 am
Math1234 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:51 pm Alright guys, I think we know who the goalie (Brennan) and three close defensemen (Koby, Barsz, Zunagaila) will be. Assume we know the F/O (Constantanides) and not 100% sure about the pole other than Mo or maybe Collins O'Connoer, but let's guess the top six on offense. Just guessing the midfield. I hope we just don't go experience and more with potential, but I understand they don't want turnovers,

Luke shilling on the roster from hopkins also, he might slot in somewhere. You'd hope Milani's good work last season let's him keep his place.
Milani, Gallagher, Shilling - 2 of these guys might have to run through the midfield, with one of them playing attack. Midfield lines might take a few games to solidify, but this would be my guess:
1: Swain, Berkeley, Milani
2: Stewart, Webber, Gallagher/Shilling
3: Martin, Weisshaar, Ducommun
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

sc lax wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:24 am

Milani, Gallagher, Shilling - 2 of these guys might have to run through the midfield, with one of them playing attack. Midfield lines might take a few games to solidify, but this would be my guess:
Has anyone actually seen Berkeley or DiMaio play?

Stewart was very good last year at midfield, but now he is running second midfield because a Maryland transfer who played in 3 games in 3 years with zero goals showed up on campus? And Milani played extremely well at the righty attack wing, but he is now moved to midfield because DiMaio came in as a Maryland transfer who played in 5 games and scored zero goals on 6 shots?

Admittedly, I am not close enough to the Towson squad to say this is right or wrong. But has anyone seen these guys play? I certainly have not.
sc lax

Post by sc lax »

Henpecked wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:51 am

Stewart was very good last year at midfield, but now he is running second midfield because a Maryland transfer who played in 3 games in 3 years with zero goals showed up on campus? And Milani played extremely well at the righty attack wing, but he is now moved to midfield because DiMaio came in as a Maryland transfer who played in 5 games and scored zero goals on 6 shots?

Admittedly, I am not close enough to the Towson squad to say this is right or wrong. But has anyone seen these guys play? I certainly have not.
Saw both play during the Fall scrimmages, they are both going to see significant time it seems - but obviously things can change and Fall scrimmages should be taken with a grain of salt. DeMaio is a lefty attackmen, so he will not be playing over Milani
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

sc lax wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:00 am
Henpecked wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:51 am

Saw both play during the Fall scrimmages, they are both going to see significant time it seems - but obviously things can change and Fall scrimmages should be taken with a grain of salt. DeMaio is a lefty attackmen, so he will not be playing over Milani
That makes sense. Milani, Avanzato and DeMaio (filling in Brody McLean's spot on the lefty wing) seems like a formidable attack unit. DiMaio had insane stats in HS out in San Diego on a really competitive team, but I have never seen him play at MD. Should be an interesting year for the Tigers with a lot of new faces contributing on offense. I'd personally keep Stewart on the first midfield. He is an excellent shooter and passer.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Obviously, winning faceoffs will be a factor as far as offensive production. It will take time to weed out the the mid-units. You had midfielder’s the last 3+ years that had significant playing time that simply didn’t score many goals or assists. This group on paper seems like they will produce.
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

If Towson can go 45 percent at X going to be huge year.
Berkely and Demaio can be Impact Guys.
Think Shilling playing Attack, do not forget about Chop (Love that name) at Mid.
Is Saturday scrimmage on or rescheduled Friday/Sunday. Hope not Cancelled.
Feb 11th cannot get here soon enough.
Under the Radar and not much Respect out on the polls
That's when the Tiger Roars the loudest
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Neverplaydown wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:41 pm Under the Radar and not much Respect out on the polls
That's not true. Towson was ranked #11 preseason in 2017. :D

They roared plenty loud that year. One goal away from the championship game.
Math1234

Post by Math1234 »

I forgot about Schilling. I'm sure he's in the mix at attack. The midfield was not productive last season outside of Swain so they need a dose of athleticism and improved shooting.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Neverplaydown wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:41 pm If Towson can go 45 percent at X going to be huge year.
Berkely and Demaio can be Impact Guys.
Think Shilling playing Attack, do not forget about Chop (Love that name) at Mid.
Is Saturday scrimmage on or rescheduled Friday/Sunday. Hope not Cancelled.
Feb 11th cannot get here soon enough.
Under the Radar and not much Respect out on the polls
Saturday scrimmage was still on as of yesterday. Why? Have you heard different?
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Snowstorm/ice forecasted for Baltimore late Friday night. Then a front comes in and it's going to be a high of 25* with 25 mph winds on Sat.
Not an environment conducive to much, aside from pulled hammys.
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

I would think Sunday’s the play for scrimmage. Plenty others on east coast have done that.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

The players I’m interested in are Demaio, Weisshaar, Berkeley, Ducommun, Gallagher.
Those players will go a long way in telling what kind of offense
can you expect, strict ball control, or an opened up offense.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

Scrimmage moved to Sunday
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Turnandrake wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:25 am Scrimmage moved to Sunday
Same times?
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Turnandrake

Post by Turnandrake »

1pm
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

I see offense pushing it hard this year. Simple old saying though, Best shot, not the first one. That’s after ball is settled. Great to see playing scrimmage Sunday.
molo

Post by molo »

I was just behind four coach busses headed south on Charles Street, then turning towards TU. I wonder if they were for the visiting teams for the scrimmages. It’s clear and above freezing here now.
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

Basketball Home Tonight. Lax moved to Sun.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Berkeley didn’t see the field at MD. Like nada. Anyone know about his strengths?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”