~46~ Lame Duck Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: ~46~ Unfit Uncle Joe Biden ~46~

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:22 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:08 am Silly attack on Biden muttering his reaction...yeah, the problem is that he's "divisive"...nah, couldn't be that the right wingers abandoned civility long ago, along with the abandonment of democracy and respect for the rule of law.

It's an idiotic position, but par for the course.
So you agree, Biden is no different, "pal". :lol: "When they go low, we kick them".
Obviously not. Biden muttered what he was thinking, the reporter didn't hear him, but others did, so Biden called him to apologize within an hour. Good conversation according to reporter. Civility.

It's ridiculous to compare this with Trump's daily barrage of incivility.

Why would you suggest otherwise?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:08 am Silly attack on Biden muttering his reaction...yeah, the problem is that he's "divisive"...nah, couldn't be that the right wingers abandoned civility long ago, along with the abandonment of democracy and respect for the rule of law.

A not so stunning reply from the Fan Lax forum resident FLP liberal Republican... If I call you a dumb SOB do I get the same Mulligan your handing your boyfriend Joe? Joe effed up and used poor judgement. A liberal FLP republican such as yourself should understand that.. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:52 am

So you agree, Biden is no different, "pal". :lol: "When they go low, we kick them".
Obviously not. Biden muttered what he was thinking, the reporter didn't hear him, but others did, so Biden called him to apologize within an hour. Good conversation according to reporter. Civility.

:lol: Again, how can you possibly say that when Biden has hardly participated in press conferences? Apples and oranges...
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:12 am

:lol: Again, how can you possibly say that when Biden has hardly participated in press conferences?
Hilarious. It's not just about press conferences my man, although Biden has done more solo press conferences already than Trump did in his first two years. It's also about statements, tweets, phone calls, etc. The messaging coming from the WH is hardly divisive or uncivil, especially compared to the previous administration. :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:27 am

What's "idiotic" is your and other's reactions. It's not a us vs them position, it's simply pointing out the obvious hypocrisy based on what was promised from Biden and the Dems. Of course you apologists can't just admit that and unsurprisingly turn it into a Trump comparison.

How has Biden united the country?
Are you asking me whether Biden has succeeded in "uniting the country"???

First, I'd say no, he hasn't "succeeded" in that ambition.

That said, when you look at most of the actions he's taken, most of the policies he's managed through the Congress, and most of the policies he's supported that have not yet been passed, they are supported by a majority of Americans...most by a strong majority. And that includes nearly every individual element of BBB and voting rights legislation. Strong majorities support action...but Congress is at a partisan impasse.

So, in that sense, the country's populace is generally more "united" than not on policies...but the country continues to be unhappy overall with the state of affairs and Presidents always take the rap. I think that'll improve on the other side of Omicron and inflation begins to moderate due to supply chain rationalization and Fed actions, but we're a good 6 months or more away from really breathing easier on those two big fronts. Meanwhile, the GOP is seeking to exploit these factors as much as possible...along with all sorts of wedge issues.

Meanwhile, Biden and his folks are going to get tested by all sorts of malign actors internationally who see our partisan political impasse and dysfunction as opportunities to push and probe. Remains to be seen how the country reacts as those play out.

But the biggest "divide" is over the Big Lie and other flagrant disinformation propaganda promoted for political and economic benefit from the far right media and politicians. 40% of the GOP think that violence against one's government is appropriate. 40% of independents. 23% of Dems. Radical thinking, violent thinking is ascendant, most prominently on the right....certainly not a traditional conservative view.

So, we're not healed from the Trump era, much as we'd hoped to have moved beyond.

And I blame that on the cowards in Congress, the ambitious GOP Governors, and the profit whores and jackals of the media on the right. (and to a lesser but not unimportant extent, similar description of far left media).

Let's just say, Biden has his hands full.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:18 am

:lol: Again, how can you possibly say that when Biden has hardly participated in press conferences?
Hilarious. It's not just about press conferences my man, although Biden has done more solo press conferences already than Trump did in his first two years. It's also about statements, tweets, phone calls, etc. The messaging coming from the WH is hardly divisive or uncivil, especially compared to the previous administration. :roll:
What's hilarious is you still don't get it. I agree with all the things you've listed about Trump, I didn't like it either, especially the nonstop tweets. But we're discussing Biden now and he showed his true colors. If you believe Biden isn't divisive, you're welcome to that opinion but IMO, you're coming from a different planet.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:59 am

A not so stunning reply from the Fan Lax forum resident FLP liberal Republican... If I call you a dumb SOB do I get the same Mulligan your handing your boyfriend Joe? Joe effed up and used poor judgement. A liberal FLP republican such as yourself should understand that.. :roll:
I'd think you'd be applauding Joe, maybe telling him he shouldn't mutter it...he should look the Fox reporters in the eye when he insults them...and do it constantly, on Twitter, wherever, whenever...heck why not use the old authoritarian phrase and call them "the enemy of the people"...come on, cradle, be consistent...you love a good fighter, one who doesn't mince words...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote:

Get back to us when you release your lip lock off of Joe Bidens rear end.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:32 am

What's "idiotic" is your and other's reactions. It's not a us vs them position, it's simply pointing out the obvious hypocrisy based on what was promised from Biden and the Dems. Of course you apologists can't just admit that and unsurprisingly turn it into a Trump comparison.

That said, when you look at most of the actions he's taken, most of the policies he's managed through the Congress, and most of the policies he's supported that have not yet been passed, they are supported by a majority of Americans...most by a strong majority. And that includes nearly every individual element of BBB and voting rights legislation. Strong majorities support action...but Congress is at a partisan impasse.

So, in that sense, the country's populace is generally more "united" than not on policies...but the country continues to be unhappy overall with the state of affairs and Presidents always take the rap. I think that'll improve on the other side of Omicron and inflation begins to moderate due to supply chain rationalization and Fed actions, but we're a good 6 months or more away from really breathing easier on those two big fronts. Meanwhile, the GOP is seeking to exploit these factors as much as possible...along with all sorts of wedge issues.

Meanwhile, Biden and his folks are going to get tested by all sorts of malign actors internationally who see our partisan political impasse and dysfunction as opportunities to push and probe. Remains to be seen how the country reacts as those play out.

But the biggest "divide" is over the Big Lie and other flagrant disinformation propaganda promoted for political and economic benefit from the far right media and politicians. 40% of the GOP think that violence against one's government is appropriate. 40% of independents. 23% of Dems. Radical thinking, violent thinking is ascendant, most prominently on the right....certainly not a traditional conservative view.

So, we're not healed from the Trump era, much as we'd hoped to have moved beyond.

And I blame that on the cowards in Congress, the ambitious GOP Governors, and the profit whores and jackals of the media on the right. (and to a lesser but not unimportant extent, similar description of far left media).

You're good at rationalization. Good for you.

Kismet hasn't replied yet so I'll ask you... who do you think is actually making the calls re the response/escalation toward Russia?
a fan

Post by a fan »

No, what's ridiculous is for any TrumpApologist to complain. Sorry YA, you and the rest of the TeamTrump apologists ASKED for this behavior, remember?

You mocked complaints about Trump's behavior as either "Mean Tweets", or "you have TDS".

You ASKED for this behavior------you should be clapping, as American civility circles the drain.

This is how PartisanLogic works......you think that because the libs complained about Trump's behavior, you get to complain about Trump's.

Nope. That's not how logic works. How the logic works is: when you waved Trump's behavior through, and mocked anyone who didn't like Trump's behavior? You have to do the same with Biden. You have to CHEER when Biden acts like an ***hole, and skips press briefings. You have to be happy that Biden called a FoxReporter names.

Isn't this great? Happy now?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:33 am

What's hilarious is you still don't get it. I agree with all the things you've listed about Trump, I didn't like it either, especially the nonstop tweets. But we're discussing Biden now and he showed his true colors. If you believe Biden isn't divisive, you're welcome to that opinion but IMO, you're coming from a different planet.
"true colors"???

Doocey is indeed an idiot. Many, many examples of totally inane statements, comments, questions.

And he's purposely trying to be provocative.

If Joe's "true colors" are that he thinks Doocey is a jerk, I'm definitely not putting that in the "divisive" column.

And heck, when he learned that his muttering was heard, he reached out immediately to Doocey and apologized and had, according to Doocey, a good follow on conversation. Respectful and civil, hardly "divisive".

Now, if Biden had instead doubled down and tweeted that Doocey's a jerk, not going to take any questions from him anymore, instructed the Press Secretary to ban him from the Press corps...etc, etc, ok then we'd be talking "divisive".

But hey, maybe you thought Obama's tan suit was "divisive"...heck, merely the fact that Obama was elected could be considered "divisive" (whole lot of folks believed that)...and surely Biden's addressing the issue of voter suppression and subversion was "divisive"...not everyone agrees! shut up a dribble Joe...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:40 am

Kismet hasn't replied yet so I'll ask you... who do you think is actually making the calls re the response/escalation toward Russia?
US response? Biden.

Does he factor in counsel from Blinken, Milley, Austin, Burns, Yellen and specific Russia and Eastern European specialists, and others? of course.
Does he factor in consultation with NATO and EU leaders? of course.

Not sure where you'd be confused on this. Biden's making the final calls.

Tough gig, but that's the job.

I have no idea whose counsel is most influential, but we do have a pretty good sense that Biden is willing and able to buck many of those counselors's opinions, as he did with the Afghanistan withdrawal. Doesn't mean he's not factoring in their counsel, but he's making the call.

Hope he's successful, for a whole of folks' sake.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

or perhaps, your view is that one coming from yet another distant planet? Depends where you started, perhaps? or how you arrived at your current view.

As for the question you asked about the Russia-Ukraine decision-making, I suspect that the final call comes from the top when its time to make a decision. I'm no Kreskin so that's all I've got at this point in time. I can only hope its the right one.

As for decorum, I'll take the Biden version over that of the Orange Cheeto anytime, anyplace and anywhere. Not even close.
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:49 am

US response? Biden.

Does he factor in counsel from Blinken, Milley, Austin, Burns, Yellen and specific Russia and Eastern European specialists, and others? of course.

Maybe. Let's hope they're not creating a real dumpster fire. "Confused"? (interesting choice of words)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:00 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:49 am

US response? Biden.

Maybe. Let's hope they're not creating a real dumpster fire. Confused? (interesting choice of words)
Perhaps "confused" isn't the right word: "questioning"?...why were you asking?

I have no idea whose counsel is most influential, but we do have a pretty good sense that Biden is willing and able to buck many of those counselors's opinions, as he did with the Afghanistan withdrawal. Doesn't mean he's not factoring in their counsel, weighing the options presented, but he's undoubtedly making the final calls.

Hope he's successful, for a whole lot of folks' sake.
But let me be clear, I'm not 100% certain what "successful" looks like.
Optimally, Putin pulls back, no bloodshed, Ukraine's path forward is their's to decide, and Putin gets some assurances that he can spin domestically to save face, but don't actually limit the former soviet states ability to self determine their governance and alliances.

Dunno if "optimal" is possible...probably not.

My own hunch is that Russia will roll, bloodshed will be ugly, there will be an insurgency, the various sanctions will be rather crippling, we'll all pay the price in energy costs for a while but will adjust to new norms, and ultimately Russia and Putin will choke on their decision to invade.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:57 am

or perhaps, your view is that one coming from yet another distant planet? Depends where you started, perhaps? or how you arrived at your current view.

As for the question you asked about the Russia-Ukraine decision-making, I suspect that the final call comes from the top when its time to make a decision. I'm no Kreskin so that's all I've got at this point in time. I can only hope its the right one.

As for decorum, I'll take the Biden version over that of the Orange Cheeto anytime, anyplace and anywhere. Not even close.
From the top? Like the Afghanistan pull out debacle? (so that you don't get upset, I believe it was the right decision to get out but was a completely botched undertaking) That was mostly Biden's decision right?

I hope that mdlax is right about Biden receiving good councel re his latest foray into foreign policy.
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:38 am
NattyBohChamps04 wrote:
Get back to us when you release your lip lock off of Joe Bidens rear end.
I don't like Biden or the mainstream Democratic party.

They're still light years ahead of where the R's are since Trump was nominated.

Try again and get back to me when you're done making things up.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:17 pm

From the top? Like the Afghanistan pull out debacle? (so that you don't get upset, I believe it was the right decision to get out but was a completely botched undertaking) That was mostly Biden's decision right?

I hope that mdlax is right about Biden receiving good councel re his latest foray into foreign policy.
I don't get your comparison. Sorry.

Like you,, I hope Biden is getting good advice about what to do. I also think his past experience in foreign affairs may be helpful to a good outcome.

The comparison to Afghanistan withdrawal does not seem relevant to this situation so you pretty much lost me there.

No dispute from me that the Afghan withdrawal situation was not well done regardless of withdrawal being the right decision in the first place. .
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:28 pm

Like you,, I hope Biden is getting good advice about what to do. I also think his past experience in foreign affairs may be helpful to a good outcome.

The comparison to Afghanistan withdrawal does not seem relevant to this situation so you pretty much lost me there.

No dispute from me that the Afghan withdrawal situation was not well done regardless of withdrawal being the right decision in the first place. .
The discussion focused on decision making and who is involved. Biden made the AFG decision pretty much on his own and that leaves me feeling less than confident re this new situation where the stakes are much higher. Still lost? 8-)
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

tech37 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:37 pm
Kismet wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:28 pm

The discussion focused on decision making and who is involved. Biden made the AFG decision pretty much on his own and that leaves me feeling less than confident re this new situation where the stakes are much higher. Still lost? 8-)
I suppose anything is possible. I think the two situations are vastly different so to suppose a similar outcome is not necessarily supported by any facts with regard to the current problem. My problem with NATO is operations sometimes tend to be optional as evidenced by the Germans and now Croatians deciding that they may not want to participate along with everyone else. Begs the question of why they are in NATO to begin with.

That said, you are entitled to your opinion.

Return to “POLITICS”