New England West-1 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
pcowlax

Re: New England West-1 2019

Post by pcowlax »

Darien-Salisbury is always a scrimmage, have to think it is the same this year though it is usually played very competitively through 3 quarters
Topright

Post by Topright »

If Darien wins they count it as a game. If they loose it’s a scrimmage. I would love to see Darien play in the west 1. Adios high ranking!
Topright

Post by Topright »

Tp crushes U Tampa jv..... TP Vs IMg at 11.... I am trying to see if it’s streamed live.... anyone know if it is. Thanks guys
Topright

Post by Topright »

Tp vs img—-3-3 after one. TP Is missing there one of there too middys... broken jaw wrestling???
Jimmy2Times

Post by Jimmy2Times »

Topright wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:55 pm If Darien wins they count it as a game. If they loose it’s a scrimmage. I would love to see Darien play in the west 1. Adios high ranking!
[Darien is a PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!]
Jimmy2Times

Post by Jimmy2Times »

Jimmy2Times wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:13 am
Topright wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:55 pm If Darien wins they count it as a game. If they loose it’s a scrimmage. I would love to see Darien play in the west 1. Adios high ranking!
[]
DARIEN IS A PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL. THEY DO NOT RECRUIT OR HAVE ATHLETES ON THE ROSTER FROM 10 DIFFERENT STATES. THEY DO NOT HAVE PG'S THAT ARE TURNING 19 AND 20 YEARS OLD. GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR VENTURING OUT AND SCRIMMAGING TEAMS THAT ARE BETTER THAN THEM TO HELP THEIR ATHLETES DEVELOP.
Topright

Post by Topright »

5-3 img.... TP just became TP. Tp middy.... just de-cleated img player 100 locked in... scored 2 ..
Topright

Post by Topright »

Jimmy2Times wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:17 am
[]
DARIEN IS A PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL. THEY DO NOT RECRUIT OR HAVE ATHLETES ON THE ROSTER FROM 10 DIFFERENT STATES. THEY DO NOT HAVE PG'S THAT ARE TURNING 19 AND 20 YEARS OLD. GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR VENTURING OUT AND SCRIMMAGING TEAMS THAT ARE BETTER THAN THEM TO HELP THEIR ATHLETES DEVELOP.
Jimmy new flash!! The have 19 year olds... they repeated 8th grade some of them. And you can’t be 20 and play in prep school.. I know this because they play club with my son. Oh and they recruit.... stop.... kids from westchester..parents have places in Darien so there kids can play..and other towns... because they have the money to do so.....stop it. Yes they are very good some years exceptional. But they would be middle of the pack west1 most years.... I know 4 kids who just repeat 8th grade... going to wick for a year.. then going to darien. So don’t tell me they don’t have 19 year olds... every sport including lacrosse does it... your clock starts clicking in CT your freshman year. U get 4 years... and your telling me no kids repeating 8th grade.. and Most preps only take 4 pg’s.. they have rules...if you want you ranking there then prove it. Deerfield Salisbury wick and other in the west 1 should litter the top 20.... does not happen because of feel good ranking and propaganda. Hockey does it right. You will see 4 teams in the same league ranked.. because it’s true.... because millions of dollars of contract are at stakes... and pro scouts want true ranking.... I know I am one of them...I don’t disagree with you totally. Darien is a storied program with unreal players and should be up there.. they do a great job from youth to high school. Darien did not loook that good indoor this winter. They had most of the team there. They lost to some of the preps... and they were 80% full as well... just saying.
Topright

Post by Topright »

8-4 IMG at half.
Topright

Post by Topright »

11-5...img is moving the ball... TP is running 3 sets.. IMG running 2... TP goalie should have stopped a few. IMG attack is the difference. Just got an update as I am typing. 14-5... TP been subbing IMg not much. TP first unit very good... then depth drops off from what Jerry texting me.
Jimmy2Times

Post by Jimmy2Times »

Topright wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:50 am
[]
Jimmy new flash!! The have 19 year olds... they repeated 8th grade some of them. And you can’t be 20 and play in prep school.. I know this because they play club with my son. Oh and they recruit.... stop.... kids from westchester..parents have places in Darien so there kids can play..and other towns... because they have the money to do so.....stop it. Yes they are very good some years exceptional. But they would be middle of the pack west1 most years.... I know 4 kids who just repeat 8th grade... going to wick for a year.. then going to darien. So don’t tell me they don’t have 19 year olds... every sport including lacrosse does it... your clock starts clicking in CT your freshman year. U get 4 years... and your telling me no kids repeating 8th grade.. and Most preps only take 4 pg’s.. they have rules...if you want you ranking there then prove it. Deerfield Salisbury wick and other in the west 1 should litter the top 20.... does not happen because of feel good ranking and propaganda. Hockey does it right. You will see 4 teams in the same league ranked.. because it’s true.... because millions of dollars of contract are at stakes... and pro scouts want true ranking.... I know I am one of them...I don’t disagree with you totally. Darien is a storied program with unreal players and should be up there.. they do a great job from youth to high school. Darien did not loook that good indoor this winter. They had most of the team there. They lost to some of the preps... and they were 80% full as well... just saying.
Not sure where you are getting your facts from but you are mistaken. Coach Bremeir is not out recruiting (I am not a Darien alum or parent) and there is only one athlete that I know of where the family did not live in town and that was because the student left his boarding school and needed a place to play. Yes, kids are held back all the time in public school has been going on for years but are you honestly going to compare the ages of kids at Yorktown, Darien, WM, or GC with the prep or private schools. Deerfield has kids on their roster from Utah, North Carolina, California, Texas etc. How is that apples to apples? I do not begrudge the private schools at all, my only point is that these polls are asinine. The UA/IL poll this week has 4 public schools out of the 25. This is not a "High School" poll.
Topright

Post by Topright »

17-10 IMG over TP. 2 quick goals at the end. IMG goalie is a stud from what is was told.... stopped everything.. TP lost ever faceoff.... it was bad.. TP has 2 kids.. IMg is solid... balanced. Said he did not expect them to be that good... but said TP is good... when they had it they scored....but possession was 80-20 IMG.. Also TP goalie had a tough day... said TP had better middle.... but said IMG had it so much.. closer game than the score... first quarter tied..then penalties and turnovers...Said TP did well... he is going to Salisbury I think. they play this week.. should be interesting...
MartletDadlet

Post by MartletDadlet »

Westy played IMG yesterday. No color, but I do have a score. IMG 13:8 Westy.
Topright

Post by Topright »

Tp- played Tabor. TP crushed 15-6.. or something close to that. Also we found out why TP IMG so lopsided.... TP Starting goalie was out. Injured. Literally IMG scores on every shot. JV goalies. Just some in side.
Topright

Post by Topright »

Jimmy2Times wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:01 pm
Topright wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:50 am
[]
Not sure where you are getting your facts from but you are mistaken. Coach Bremeir is not out recruiting (I am not a Darien alum or parent) and there is only one athlete that I know of where the family did not live in town and that was because the student left his boarding school and needed a place to play. Yes, kids are held back all the time in public school has been going on for years but are you honestly going to compare the ages of kids at Yorktown, Darien, WM, or GC with the prep or private schools. Deerfield has kids on their roster from Utah, North Carolina, California, Texas etc. How is that apples to apples? I do not begrudge the private schools at all, my only point is that these polls are asinine. The UA/IL poll this week has 4 public schools out of the 25. This is not a "High School" poll.
I am not sure where your getting your info. Bremier may not actively recruit... but kids move there... I am doing it. My youngest is going to be going to Darien or new cannan...and we don’t live in either town? Why because the club coaches Love to have him. They both asked where my kid is going he is 12.. and they know his program is the worst in the state. I am getting a place in one of the towns. Our lacrosse and schools where I am from are most likely the worst in the state. It’s either move their or pay for prep school. I did prep for my oldest 2 kids... so don’t tell me they don’t recruit. And preps don’t recruit.. players must make contact first. Again darien is a good program, because they do just like wick,,they pull from surrounding towns where a few studs high schools stink. Not a lot but a few.. and yes it’s apples to oranges I am not retArded.. your spot on, on some of It give you that. Kids from fairfeild, new haven, and Stratford all are going to either one of the schools.. legally. Getting an apartment and moving there. We are doing it in 8th grade... so oh yea my kid is going to repeat 8th grade as well. So he will be 19 playing in high school for one of those towns...sound familiar?
Topright

Post by Topright »

MartletDadlet wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:00 pm Westy played IMG yesterday. No color, but I do have a score. IMG 13:8 Westy.
Any word on westy this year? They were ok last year.. never seem to hear much from anyone. Always a good club. I really don’t know any of the kids on the team.
MartletDadlet

Post by MartletDadlet »

Topright wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:31 am
MartletDadlet wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:00 pm Westy played IMG yesterday. No color, but I do have a score. IMG 13:8 Westy.
Any word on westy this year? They were ok last year.. never seem to hear much from anyone. Always a good club. I really don’t know any of the kids on the team.
Thanks for asking. I haven't seen them play yet, but they should be competitive this year.
They were really young last year (occasionally on D they played 2 Freshmen, 3/4 Sophomores, and just a single Junior/Senior or two), so they should be a year older, bigger, stronger. Good additions both as junior transfers and PG's should add some muscle and talent on both sides of the ball.
Lost their FO and leading scorer from last year (two different D1 players). Like your analysis of TP, possessions will be an important question for Westy to answer when they play against a strong FOGO.
They have a front loaded schedule. Their April: Deerfield, Choate, Taft, Bury, TP, Avon and Millbrook. Somewhat relentless way to start the year.
3rd year for head coach. Second year for Asst.
grelch

Post by grelch »

grelch wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:27 pm Looking at the official Salisbury schedule and it looks like Darien isn't a scrimmage. They only list Ridgewood HS as a scrimmage. That means their only 2 ooc games are Darien and Andover.
Out of curiosity looked at the inside lacrosse scheduling for Salisbury an dit's quite a bit different to Salisbury's own schedule. IL says they've got Georgetown Prep & Haverford at the beginning of the season, but does not list Andover.

At any rate, if in fact all 3 of those schools are on the schedule then they've got a pretty decent ooc schedule.

Looking forward to that Torrey Pines v Deerfield game. TP are off to a good start. They rolled over Andover a few days ago. They've got 3 tough games against SI, Kent Denver and IMG right before Deerfield, so their game fitness will be at peak levels. Got to give Deerfield credit. They've chosen a tough road game to start the season especially considering their next game after TP is against Brunswick on the road.
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

It does my old heart good to see youse guys recognizing Torrey Pines as a tough out for Deerfield.

15 years ago I argued on 'that other site' that large enrollment frontier high schools with strong (general) athletics like TP, LCC, Cherry Creek in CO, SRV in NorCal, and Foothill in Orange County would become formidable lax programs in a decade or so.

Now we have snobby Deerfield supporters (somehow I suppose I misrepresented you Grelch.....sorry!) pointing out that a school with more kids trying out for the freshman lax team than Deerfield has in its entire freshman class BUT from an area that was considered soft a decade ago NOW represents a real challenge to the perennial ace in our league.

I've had my issues with the TP program for a few years, though. There is an abundance of talent, but they don't always play hard. On a down day, they sort of float through a game if they're not 'feeling' competitive after the first Q. Look at the tape from their last tilt with Darien.

On the other hand, they dispatched the same Ridgefield team that later beat that juggernaut Darien team the next day. I'm perplexed......

WhichCoast relabeled: 3PP
grelch

Post by grelch »

I live in San Francisco and I've kept an eye on TP and of course SI over the past5 years or so. Both schools have produced quality teams over that period that have been competitive with the big heads in the east. It wouldn't surprise me if TP beats Deerfield because it's DA's first game of the season. I wouldn't imagine they'd do the same if both were in mid season.

I wouldn't particularly characterize the old boys of New England as lacrosse snobs anymore. My read over the years is that this lot are high school lacrosse supporters and appreciate good play regardless of its geographic roots. I don't doubt that more people than you imagine know that Torrey Pines has a good program.

Btw, I'm no Deerfield supporter. Fan of NEW1, absolutely, but within the league, not a fan.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”