All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

PizzaSnake

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by PizzaSnake »

LaxDog wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:33 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:25 am
wgdsr wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:07 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:52 am https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statu ... 0252379137

Virginia woman at a school board meeting last night threatens to bring “every single gun loaded” to shoot and kill her opponents if Page County Public Schools enforces a mask mandate.

Sooooo much harassment by school boards of citizens...
rural virginia is underrated.
That Karen is lucky the board cut her off before she committed a non-trivial crime.
Non trivial. My behind. Call it what it is- a threat of violence.
Oops. She’s busted.

“ Friday night, the Luray Police Department charged King for making an oral threat on school property. She was released on $5,000 bond.

Page County schools superintendent Antonia Fox and school board chair Megan Gordon released a joint statement earlier Friday, saying the schools don't take these kinds of threats lightly.”

https://wjla.com/amp/news/local/page-co ... sk-mandate
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

lots of anti vax right wing delusionals who imagine that covid is imaginary learn their lesson the hard way:

https://newsone.com/playlist/famous-ant ... -19/item/1

How many more must die??
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
tech37

Post by tech37 »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:10 pm First they came for the hamsters.
:D
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

COVID May Affect Spinal Fluid, Causing 'Brain Fog,' Study Says
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/96 ... c_tw_share
(to read the full article you need to create a free account with Medscape...)
A small study may help explain the cause of "brain fog," the lingering mental confusion reported in some people who've had COVID.

Researchers at the University of California, San Francisco, found abnormalities in the cerebrospinal fluid -- the clear, colorless liquid that's found in the brain and spinal cord -- of 10 of 13 people who were infected with COVID and had thinking problems. Four fluid samples from people who had COVID and didn't have thinking problems showed no abnormalities.
Of the 13 participants with brain fog, 10 of them had abnormalities in their cerebrospinal fluid like those found in people with other infectious diseases, according to the study.

The abnormalities included elevated levels of protein that suggested inflammation and "the presence of unexpected antibodies found in an activated immune system," the news release said. These could be "turncoat" antibodies that attack the body itself, the researchers said.

"It's possible that the immune system, stimulated by the virus, may be functioning in an unintended pathological way," Hellmuth said.

Cognitive problems have also been seen in people infected with other viruses, such as HIV, SARS, MERS, hepatitis C, and Epstein-Barr, the researchers said.

Participants with thinking problems had an average of 2.5 risk factors for impaired thinking, including diabetes and high blood pressure, vascular dementia, and a history of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Participants who didn't have thinking problems had an average of less than one risk factor, the study said.

Brain fog is often reported in COVID patients, according to the study. Recently, 67% of 156 post-COVID patients in New York reported having thinking problems.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

maybe fully vaccinated should be or will be vaxxed within the last 4-5 months?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:27 am
At this moment, but that will not necessarily be correct in a few more months as hopefully the booster impact will extend further...but we don't know yet.

Does seem like it's 2 shots plus booster(s) if/when eligible per CDC recommendation timeline.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Who knows. It’s a novel virus. I am sure it will be figured out.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:05 pm
yes. it's novel. just be up to date. they will definitely figure it out, but in the meantime we have to go with what makes sense. novel.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:00 pm
yes. it's novel. just be up to date. they will definitely figure it out, but in the meantime we have to go with what makes sense. novel.
Yep. Like wearing a mask cuts down on spreading germs.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:14 am
Yeah, that was a good one, OS......

On a less funny front, my daughter got it. Sniffles, and that's about it so far, two days in. She's had the two shots.

Dad's sleeping at the ol' office tonight. Both the missus and I were boosted a couple of months ago.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:10 pm

On a less funny front, my daughter got it. Sniffles, and that's about it so far, two days in. She's had the two shots.

Dad's sleeping at the ol' office tonight. Both the missus and I were boosted a couple of months ago.
When was her last shot? Just wondering.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:10 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:00 pm
Yep. Like wearing a mask cuts down on spreading germs.
yes. we will know on that soon enough. we're on the same page.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:14 pm

Early December.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:21 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:14 pm

Early December.
Ok. Thanks. She will be fine. Stay safe…. Bought a case of your Apple Whiskey for a friend last week. The straight whiskey isn’t in Massachusetts yet…at least not at the spot I shop at.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
tech37

Post by tech37 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:06 pm Stumbled on this: Great Barrington Declaration
Careful youth... this will have the censorship crowd on edge
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:26 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:06 pm Stumbled on this: Great Barrington Declaration
If it was censored-----how'd ya find it? ;)

Tech, you don't seem to understand how leading an organization works.

Picture a platoon taking a hill. Ya got one leader, making the call as to how to do it. Will he seek input from others? Sure.

But what you're suggesting is that this platoon leader (Fauci) take advice from ANYONE and EVERYONE. Heck, you're citing a doctor in the UK, and implying that if Fauci doesn't follow that Nurse Educator, it's somehow a conspiracy, and Fauci is the devil. Someone has to lead the CDC....and there's NO WAY that someone will make everyone happy....why do you not understand that?

Someone has to call the play, tech. It's not a conspiracy. And yep, that play call might be wrong...you seem to think that Fauci and the rest of us who think there's no right move in a pandemic don't understand that. But let's say you get your wish, and "someone else" replaces Fauci......how the F do you know anyone else would have done a better job than Fauci? You don't. There are no guarantees here.

And, as I keep telling you, Fauci is doing nothing but making suggestions. That's it. Governors make the ACTUAL call. And all 50 of them have made their own choices, and NONE of them are doing the same, exact thing. Heck, you cited my own Governor......Polis is done with the shut downs etc. Just like you want.

Trump got one thing really, really correct, iMHO. He left Covid up to the States. I have NO CLUE why so many Americans missed that memo, and therefore blame Fauci for things he's not AT ALL responsible for......
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

he absolutely got it right. the governors were able to do their own research. and probably consult their doctors beforehand. ;).

this is also why i love this thread. we're all correct when we post!
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:37 pm he absolutely got it right. the governors were able to do their own research. and probably consult their doctors beforehand. ;).
:lol: Well deserved jab.....but really, look at the CV's for State's and large cities when it comes to Disease Control. These people are bad*sses, and don't need to call Fauci to figure out what to do.

First words out of my wife's mouth...has a Master's in Public Health, and worked for the State of CO for several years.....that she was thrilled that the leadership at Colorado's Health Dept. was top notch. It was comforting to know that.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:06 pm
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:26 pm
If it was censored-----how'd ya find it? ;)

Tech, you don't seem to understand how leading an organization works.

Picture a platoon taking a hill. Ya got one leader, making the call as to how to do it. Will he seek input from others? Sure.

But what you're suggesting is that this platoon leader (Fauci) take advice from ANYONE and EVERYONE. Heck, you're citing a doctor in the UK, and implying that if Fauci doesn't follow that Nurse Educator, it's somehow a conspiracy, and Fauci is the devil. Someone has to lead the CDC....and there's NO WAY that someone will make everyone happy....why do you not understand that?

Someone has to call the play, tech. It's not a conspiracy. And yep, that play call might be wrong...you seem to think that Fauci and the rest of us who think there's no right move in a pandemic don't understand that. But let's say you get your wish, and "someone else" replaces Fauci......how the F do you know anyone else would have done a better job than Fauci? You don't. There are no guarantees here.

And, as I keep telling you, Fauci is doing nothing but making suggestions. That's it. Governors make the ACTUAL call. And all 50 of them have made their own choices, and NONE of them are doing the same, exact thing. Heck, you cited my own Governor......Polis is done with the shut downs etc. Just like you want.

Trump got one thing really, really correct, iMHO. He left Covid up to the States. I have NO CLUE why so many Americans missed that memo, and therefore blame Fauci for things he's not AT ALL responsible for......
"If it was censored-----how'd ya find it? ;) "

Damn. You sure got me with that one a fan.

As for the rest of your post, thank you for splainin everything so clearly and concisely. I promise I will be better.

All kidding aside... I'm at a loss for words, other than to say, best case you come off as an apologist, and worst case, a "useful idiot."

Return to “POLITICS”