Is America a racist nation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
CU88

Re: Is America a racist nation?

Post by CU88 »

Dozens of books written by Black authors are being pulled from school libraries under the pretext that they’re teaching critical race theory.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/boo ... _nn_tw_blk

"...Craft is among dozens of Black authors whose works are being pulled from school libraries under the pretext that they’re teaching critical race theory. (Most of the books that are targeted for bans don’t teach critical race theory but are written by and about people of color.).
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:29 pm Missouri again.
yikes, given the law, the critical element is either he was inside the home or outside it when shot.

Witnesses are saying he was outside, but shooter, and only shooter, says he was inside; if outside, can't use 'castle' defense...come on..

jury says, we believe the shooter. Evidence???
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

The Virginia Legislature needs a history lesson - Abraham Lincoln never debated Frederick Douglass but rather famously he did debate Stephen A. Douglas in a race for Senate in 1858.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... oln-debate

"A new measure aimed at eliminating critical race theory in Virginia schools proposes teaching students about key documents in American history — including a debate between President Abraham Lincoln and the abolitionist Frederick Douglass that never happened."

Immensely stupid staff work for a bunch of loudmouth politicians who apparently cannot discern their ass from their elbow. Pitiful. :oops: :oops:

I'm for CRITICAL ACCURACY as well as basic knowledge of history when creating legislation.

"New rule: If you don’t know the difference between Frederick Douglass and Stephen Douglas, you don’t get to tell anyone else what to teach."
Last edited by Kismet on Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:03 am The Virginia Legislature needs a history lesson - Abraham Lincoln never debated Frederick Douglass but rather famously he did debate Stephen A. Douglas in a race for Senate in 1858.

"A new measure aimed at eliminating critical race theory in Virginia schools proposes teaching students about key documents in American history — including a debate between President Abraham Lincoln and the abolitionist Frederick Douglass that never happened."

Immensely stupid staff work for a bunch of loudmouth politicians who apparently cannot discern their ass from their elbow. Pitiful. :oops: :oops

I'm for CRITICAL ACCURACY as well as basic knowledge of history when creating legislation.
The main complaint against CRT is that it teaches facts.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:19 am
Kismet wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:03 am The Virginia Legislature needs a history lesson - Abraham Lincoln never debated Frederick Douglass but rather famously he did debate Stephen A. Douglas in a race for Senate in 1858.

Immensely stupid staff work for a bunch of loudmouth politicians who apparently cannot discern their ass from their elbow. Pitiful. :oops: :oops

The main complaint against CRT is that it teaches facts.
Yep.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Tuskegee Syphilis Study redux?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ivermectin

“ Four inmates at an Arkansas jail have filed a lawsuit against the facility and its doctor after they said they were unknowingly prescribed ivermectin to treat Covid-19 as a form of “medical experimentation” despite US health officials warning that the anti-parasitic drug should not be used for that purpose.”

I see that not much has changed in the Deep South.

And a nice touch:

“ The lawsuit went on to allege that Karas told the inmates that the prescribed drugs “consisted of mere ‘vitamins,’ ‘antibiotics,’ and/or ‘steroids’”. It added, “Had plaintiffs been informed that the drugs they were given included the dewormer ivermectin and informed of its nature and potential side effects, they would have refused to take it.”

According to the lawsuit, the inmates suffered from side effects that included vision issues, diarrhea, bloody stools and stomach cramps. The inmates were also subject to payment of fees for medical examinations that they sought after experiencing the side effects from the drug.

Shockingly, he’s (or was), an Oath Keeper…

https://arktimes.com/street-jazz/2014/0 ... th-keepers
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:31 am Tuskegee Syphilis Study redux?

“ Four inmates at an Arkansas jail have filed a lawsuit against the facility and its doctor after they said they were unknowingly prescribed ivermectin to treat Covid-19 as a form of “medical experimentation” despite US health officials warning that the anti-parasitic drug should not be used for that purpose.”

And a nice touch:

“ The lawsuit went on to allege that Karas told the inmates that the prescribed drugs “consisted of mere ‘vitamins,’ ‘antibiotics,’ and/or ‘steroids’”. It added, “Had plaintiffs been informed that the drugs they were given included the dewormer ivermectin and informed of its nature and potential side effects, they would have refused to take it.”

According to the lawsuit, the inmates suffered from side effects that included vision issues, diarrhea, bloody stools and stomach cramps. The inmates were also subject to payment of fees for medical examinations that they sought after experiencing the side effects from the drug.

Yikes...
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:46 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:31 am Tuskegee Syphilis Study redux?

And a nice touch:

Yikes...
Guess he’s “doing his own research”…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

The doctor should lose his license to practice for not getting consent nor informing his patients of a treatment that was not standard. The sheriff or other leaders of the jail management should be removed as well, for allowing this to happen.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:24 am The doctor should lose his license to practice for not getting consent nor informing his patients of a treatment that was not standard. The sheriff or other leaders of the jail management should be removed as well, for allowing this to happen.
For the legal folks, is there any legal, criminal remedy, beyond loss of license and civil penalties?

Any sort of felony?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:37 am
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:24 am The doctor should lose his license to practice for not getting consent nor informing his patients of a treatment that was not standard. The sheriff or other leaders of the jail management should be removed as well, for allowing this to happen.
For the legal folks, is there any legal, criminal remedy, beyond loss of license and civil penalties?

Any sort of felony?
I can imagine a felony or two that may begin to remedy this situation…

Seriously, I wonder how long behavior like this will go uncorrected by an extra-judicial solution. Eventually one if these two-bit clowns will “push” on the wrong person. Or does it happen all the time and the part we hear is: “LEO shot while filling out paperwork behind McDonald’s”?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Target store in Montana seems to have racism problem.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:43 pm Target store in Montana seems to have racism problem.
Ah Montana, where the men are men and the sheep run scared.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

yup, took a long time for those who found the statue offensive to persuade and move the system to take action. But now moved.

The mistake is to think that this is a wholesale rejection of Teddy Roosevelt. The specific statue was what was problematic.

It would be interesting for that statue to be displayed in a museum context with full explanation of its genesis, Teddy's history, and why it was moved, including why it was found inappropriate to be in the public square otherwise.

Hope that's what happens.
EDIT: ahh yes, in the Teddy Roosevelt Presidential Library.
Hope they explain the full rationale of its move.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:42 am
yup, took a long time for those who found the statue offensive to persuade and move the system to take action. But now moved.

The mistake is to think that this is a wholesale rejection of Teddy Roosevelt. The specific statue was what was problematic.

It would be interesting for that statue to be displayed in a museum context with full explanation of its genesis, Teddy's history, and why it was moved, including why it was found inappropriate to be in the public square otherwise.

So help me understand why that full explanation could not have been exactly where it was? Where it could have been read, explained and fully understood. It was at the "American History Museum" in the heart of a metropolis where so many would have benefited. Crazy times we live....why we have to hide our history in a closet is beyond me.....to me its the exact reason why it is perpetuated. TR was a progressive in the true sense, the man in the arena, did more for nature than anyone....now, he will viewed as a racist "its why they removed it", just weird, to me.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:49 am

So help me understand why that full explanation could not have been exactly where it was? Where it could have been read, explained and fully understood. It was at the "American History Museum" in the heart of a metropolis where so many would have benefited. Crazy times we live....why we have to hide our history in a closet is beyond me.....to me its the exact reason why it is perpetuated. TR was a progressive in the true sense, the man in the arena, did more for nature than anyone....now, he will viewed as a racist "its why they removed it", just weird, to me.
You think there's a real possibility of an open air explanation of why the statue doesn't belong in a place of prominence in the public square? I don't. No plaque deals with passersby who never see the plaque, instead see the statue from a distance, with the statement never made when a statue like that is removed from a position of prominence. a plaque simply can't do the issue justice.

Want to put a different statue of Roosevelt relevant to that location? fine by me.

I agree that the man was indeed worthy of honored remembrance; no one is perfect and certainly Teddy was not...but he was indeed 'the man in the arena', a true reformer and 'progressive' and very much an environmentalist, at least as understood at the time...a conservationist. He was, relative to his own time, not racist.

But very problematic statue...that's not Teddy's fault, it's the fault of the artist and those who commissioned it in 1925, and those who accepted its intended message for so long.
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:43 pm Target store in Montana seems to have racism problem.
It’s common.
Typical Lax Dad

Classic
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:11 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:49 am

You think there's a real possibility of an open air explanation of why the statue doesn't belong in a place of prominence in the public square? I don't. No plaque deals with passersby who never see the plaque, instead see the statue from a distance, with the statement never made when a statue like that is removed from a position of prominence. a plaque simply can't do the issue justice.
Why would you view the current statue as some hierarchy of race....that is just strange. Hell, we witness that each Saturday and Sunday when Whitey Coach leads his mixed race team on to a field to battle.

They even voted in 2017 to add the signage: In 2017, a commission established by then-New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio evaluated the statue and several other controversial monuments on city-owned land. Members were divided on their recommendations, with half advocating for more research, half in favor of relocating the statue and several recommending that the museum keep the statue in place but add signage with more information and context. The city went with the third option.

We have become a bunch of pu**ies. :lol:
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”