January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:39 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:44 pm Sedition. Plain and dimple.

“ The order empowers the defense secretary to “seize, collect, retain and analyze all machines, equipment, electronically stored information, and material records required for retention under” a U.S. law that relates to preservation of election records. It also cites a lawsuit filed in 2017 against Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.

Additionally, the draft order would have given the defense secretary 60 days to write an assessment of the 2020 election. That suggests it could have been a gambit to keep Trump in power until at least mid-February of 2021.”

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2022/ ... nes-527572

Shoes are starting to drop off the millipede.
I don't understand; what's the big deal with a President, recently defeated at the polls, seizing the voting machines from the several states? I thought it was just a ragtag group of buffalo-robed madman running around the halls of Congress?
You neglect to mention counselor IF there had been proper security measures at our nations capital there would have been NO buffalo robed rednecks rampaging through the capital. Damn if that would have denied you the opportunity to whine and b***h about the the coup fantasy that still dances around in your brain. Of course solutions aren't your gig, wallowing around in your conspiracy theories is what floats your boat. :D

FTR, as a die hard Buffalo Bills fan I resent your disparaging comments about people wearing Buffalo robes. If you ever spent anytime tailgating at a Bills game, people dressed as such are the norm. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:58 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:51 pm I have a simple question for the coup apologists here.

What, exactly, is to be made of this:

‘The panel, though the letter, also shared that an unidentified member of the conservative House Freedom Caucus warned the White House if Trump followed through with his plans on Jan. 6, it would "drive a stake in the heart of the federal republic."‘

This is real. Really serious. Really bad.

So, what say you?
Don’t hold your breath if you’re waiting for OS. My bet is he didn’t relent re: Nixon until he and Pat were getting on the marine helicopter and leaving the South Lawn for the last time.
Back up the bus there my friend. Richard Nixon was supported very strongly by a certain lifelong republican on this forum. I know he has tried hard to repudiate his support for tricky dick. If you were EVER a Nixon flunkie your credibility will always be questioned.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:51 pm I have a simple question for the coup apologists here.

‘The panel, though the letter, also shared that an unidentified member of the conservative House Freedom Caucus warned the White House if Trump followed through with his plans on Jan. 6, it would "drive a stake in the heart of the federal republic."‘

So, what say you?
Who is apologizing for your idiotic coup theory? I have said the same thing all along. These mother effing rat bhaztards should never have been allowed to enter the nations capital. When you all start talking out the others side of your mouth, preventing these RBMFers also upsets your sensitive nature. A cynical person could rationally conclude these RBMFers have given you the platform to espouse your coup theory nonsense. That is what a cynical person who understands what never letting a good crisis go to waste means.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

So, what say you?
Then Why did the capital police, with knowledge of the coup attempt, not have taken the appropriate measures to secure the capital??? There are only 2 possibilities.. incompetence or indifference to a threat. Take your pick. I'm not criticizing the capital police. Someone should have been held responsible for them being denied the resources to defend our nations capital.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:58 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:58 pm

So, what say you?
Don’t hold your breath if you’re waiting for OS. My bet is he didn’t relent re: Nixon until he and Pat were getting on the marine helicopter and leaving the South Lawn for the last time.
Back up the bus there my friend. Richard Nixon was supported very strongly by a certain lifelong republican on this forum. I know he has tried hard to repudiate his support for tricky dick. If you were EVER a Nixon flunkie your credibility will always be questioned.
:lol: :roll: "very strongly supported, flunkie" yes, as a 9th grader in the fall of '72 I canvassed for Nixon vs McGovern as an assignment from my US Government elective (favorite course and teacher in HS); how many states did Nixon win in '72?

I was fully convinced that Nixon was dirty well before he resigned, but in '72 I still saw Nixon much as did my parents. I'd note that the older students in that class skewed the other way, so this made for interesting and eye-opening discussions...it didn't take me long to see what they'd seen about him, but at the time I was supporting what I saw in his policies, which were liberal/moderate in the GOP spectrum.

Living through the Watergate era and the revelations of the lying even our military had done about Vietnam were certainly formative in my views.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/22/politics ... index.html

In previously unreported videos from the social media platform Periscope reviewed by CNN's KFile, Ali Alexander, a leader of the "Stop the Steal" rally and a central figure in the House select committee's investigation of January 6, said he would reach out to the right-wing Proud Boys and Oath Keepers on providing security for the event. Both groups later had members charged in the attack on the Capitol, including conspiracy. Last week, the Justice Department charged the Oath Keepers leader and 10 others with seditious conspiracy related to the attack.

🤡 🤡
“I wish you would!”
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

:lol: :roll: "very strongly supported, flunkie" yes, as a 9th grader in the fall of '72 I canvassed for Nixon vs McGovern as an assignment from my US Government elective (favorite course and teacher in HS); how many states did Nixon win in '72?

Why in the world would anyone suggest that not changing and adjusting your views and opinions based on education and experiences is baffling. I certainly don't feel the same way about many issues as I did even five or ten years ago. I think that's a good thing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Andersen wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:52 am :lol: :roll: "very strongly supported, flunkie" yes, as a 9th grader in the fall of '72 I canvassed for Nixon vs McGovern as an assignment from my US Government elective (favorite course and teacher in HS); how many states did Nixon win in '72?

Why in the world would anyone suggest that not changing and adjusting your views and opinions based on education and experiences is baffling. I certainly don't feel the same way about many issues as I did even five or ten years ago. I think that's a good thing.
It's puzzling, but some folks have difficulty not being in "attack mode" all the time. And their own views seem calcified, locked into place from decades ago.

That's true regardless of left, right, but I find it more prevalent among those who occupy one extreme or another.

BTW, supporting Nixon in 1972 wasn't exactly hard for this moderate Republican-to-be: https://www.nixonfoundation.org/richard ... ievements/

But the revelations of corruption and cover-up overwhelmed the positives.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Flynn & the Kraken leader were tolerated, not solicited. They were on the outside looking in.
The Kraken was actually in the Oval with POTUS advocating for the martial law exec order that she had drafted. Which would have appointed her as prosecutor general for MAGA Elections.

So the calls, therefore, were coming from inside the (White) house.

Having the Pentagon rolled out to be in charge of domestic political election counting? JFC. Mel Brooks and Sasha Baron Cohen say that's too crazy to put in a movie.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:22 am
Flynn & the Kraken leader were tolerated, not solicited. They were on the outside looking in.
The Kraken was actually in the Oval with POTUS advocating for the martial law exec order that she had drafted. Which would have appointed her as prosecutor general for MAGA Elections.

Having the Pentagon rolled out to be in charge of domestic political election counting? JFC. Mel Brooks and Sasha Baron Cohen say that's too crazy to put in a movie.
Want to understand why it didn't go forward?
(yes crazy, but definitely what they wanted to do)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/14/politics ... index.html
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

mere coincidence that the draft EOs were dated the next day. Flynn's martial law video comments were also the same day as Kraken was at the WH along with Flynn BTW (seems rather "inside" to me. Then two days later Dec. 18th, the Pentagon stops briefing the Biden transition team.

Move along nothing to see here. :o :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

P.T. Barnum was right - There's a sucker born every minute. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Kismet on Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:19 pm

mere coincidence that the draft EOs were dated the next day. Flynn's marital law video comments were also the same day as Kraken at the WH. Move along, nothing to see here.

P.T. Barnum was right - There's a sucker born every minute.
Junk mail ballots ruining the country!!
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:07 am
Andersen wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:52 am :lol: :roll: "very strongly supported, flunkie" yes, as a 9th grader in the fall of '72 I canvassed for Nixon vs McGovern as an assignment from my US Government elective (favorite course and teacher in HS); how many states did Nixon win in '72?

It's puzzling, but some folks have difficulty not being in "attack mode" all the time. And their own views seem calcified, locked into place from decades ago.

That's true regardless of left, right, but I find it more prevalent among those who occupy one extreme or another.

BTW, supporting Nixon in 1972 wasn't exactly hard for this moderate Republican-to-be: https://www.nixonfoundation.org/richard ... ievements/

But the revelations of corruption and cover-up overwhelmed the positives.
My mom was an Irish Catholic Democrat with a mad crush on John Kennedy. Richard Nixon was reviled and despised in our family since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some of you FLP liberal Republicans liked and supported tricky dick. That was never the case in my family. Nixon always was until his dying day a lying crook, something he always said he never was. I always get a kick out of reading how you liberal Republicans always try to redefine your support for Nixon.
Bob Ross:
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

That was 50 and 60 years ago, correct?
Typical Lax Dad

Andersen wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:08 pm That was 50 and 60 years ago, correct?
Left the party.
“I wish you would!”
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

I'm waiting for him to bring up the Gracchi brothers.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Andersen wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:08 pm That was 50 and 60 years ago, correct?
So does Nixon get a Mulligan because he was a crook 50 years ago? I just am tickled pink reading how all you Nixon flunkies come on this forum defending why you supported him to begin with. I'm even more surprised why and how the usual FLP Democrats on this forum suddenly become sooooo quiet. 🤪
Bob Ross:
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Just suggesting we live in the 21st Century, that's all.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

I think my grandfather might have voted for Eisenhower.

Return to “POLITICS”