All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"Nearly two-thirds of reported adverse effects to vaccination against Covid-19, such as headaches and fatigue, could be due to the “nocebo” effect – a negative version of the placebo effect – a new study has suggested."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/scie ... 97084.html
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
a fan

Post by a fan »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:09 pm Worthless POS Trumpnista - let them all die. Too stupid to live.
A dozen irate family members and friends now demanded answers. Because of visitation restrictions to limit contagion, they awaited me in lawn chairs outside the hospital. Through my N95 mask, I tried to explain in simple terms what was happening to their loved one. They hectored with incessant questions about test results, accusations of mistreatment and demands for therapies like vitamins, ivermectin and sedatives.

Warning repeatedly “not to lie,” they recorded me with their camera phones. I tiptoed through a minefield of distrust. My careful medical explanations and efforts to connect empathically never landed.

--------------------
I don't get why these good doctors and nurses don't ask the obvious question: if you don't believe me when I tell you these things....what the F are you doing here? Why would you come to someone you don't trust or believe for help?

Why aren't you talking to the people you trust? Why do you come to me? Why do I deserve this...generosity?

I feel like even the biggest TinFoil hat wearer would understand that this simply doesn't make sense.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:09 pm Worthless POS Trumpnista - let them all die. Too stupid to live.
Trumpnista? Where does it mention anything about these folk's political leanings?

Isn't Trump vaccinated and boosted? Keep up with those misleading/divisive headlines (lies) :roll:

It's a shame if this is happening but really surprising? Is this article anecdotal or a wide spread phenomenon?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Not sure what the point of this article is. How many vaccine hesitant people out there are going to change their minds because someone supposedly figured out side-effects are a placebo effect?

Face it, anyone who wants to be Covid vaccinated already is.

Any news re therapeutics? Are they being presrcibed? Are they working?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:56 am
A dozen irate family members and friends now demanded answers. Because of visitation restrictions to limit contagion, they awaited me in lawn chairs outside the hospital. Through my N95 mask, I tried to explain in simple terms what was happening to their loved one. They hectored with incessant questions about test results, accusations of mistreatment and demands for therapies like vitamins, ivermectin and sedatives.

Warning repeatedly “not to lie,” they recorded me with their camera phones. I tiptoed through a minefield of distrust. My careful medical explanations and efforts to connect empathically never landed.

--------------------
I don't get why these good doctors and nurses don't ask the obvious question: if you don't believe me when I tell you these things....what the F are you doing here? Why would you come to someone you don't trust or believe for help?

Why aren't you talking to the people you trust? Why do you come to me? Why do I deserve this...generosity?

I feel like even the biggest TinFoil hat wearer would understand that this simply doesn't make sense.
... yup, I had the same thought. Stay out of hospitals if you don't believe / trust the doctors. Go have your local witch doctor treat you - fing morons.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 6:10 am
Not sure what the point of this article is. How many vaccine hesitant people out there are going to change their minds because someone supposedly figured out side-effects are a placebo effect?

Face it, anyone who wants to be Covid vaccinated already is.

Any news re therapeutics? Are they being presrcibed? Are they working?
What do you believe the answers are?
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Thanks for posting that. My wife gets the vaccine but she and her two sisters like to dream up side effects. She actually getting the booster this afternoon at 4 and had already made plans to not return to work in anticipation of side effects. I forwarded the article though I doubt she’ll let a good death bed scene go to waste. Perhaps we can watch Dark Victory tonight for a pick me up.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:41 am
Thanks for posting that. My wife gets the vaccine but she and her two sisters like to dream up side effects. She actually getting the booster this afternoon at 4 and had already made plans to not return to work in anticipation of side effects. I forwarded the article though I doubt she’ll let a good death bed scene go to waste. Perhaps we can watch Dark Victory tonight for a pick me up.
... :lol:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:47 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:09 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:29 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:20 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:24 pm Let it rip Boris: https://twitter.com/joelaxin2/status/14 ... 17024?s=20
Natural Immunity stronger than vaccine vs Delta says CDC: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... np1taskbar
drip, drip, drip...
Such a nonsense story. You realize you have to live through one round of delta infection to achieve this status - MAYBE. A point at which you have no natural immunity, no vaccine immunity. Then if you are lucky statistics works for you, you get a degree of immunity that is stronger than the average for vaccines. But not every natural immunity cases wins the lottery, sometimes you get less immunity than the average vaccine immunity.

Get vaccinated!
isn't there an average for infection immunity? are there large enough studies out there that help stratify the variance and distribution of each? there may be, asking. -- none I am aware of. It is also not clear (to me) the distribution form / type for the two is even the same

over the course of the study (including several variants), the same % number of previously infected... vaxxed and unvaxxed... made the hospital.

i think everybody here understands that if you actually haven't gotten it yet, there's real risk to survive. and other things besides just being a case or a hospitalization. should they not be studying it? maybe you mean the story should have been emphasizing this more? -- certainly difference between long haul and not where vaccination seems to improve the situation
You have two distributions you are trying to compare. It is not clear they are of the same form / type. The width of these distributions matters, it is not just a question of average, median (peak may matter more). I think (this is just guess) more time has been spent in characterizing / studying the various vaccines than the natural immune response. Before someone turns this into a conspiracy theory, this is to be expected as like it or not the medical community is going to study what has been decided and agreed to by the community as the more important questions to be answered.
it's my understanding, tho not defined, that there's a good deal of variability in vaccine protection. thus my question about average protection, etc.

this seems like great preliminary news in all kinds of ways. and the median infection was like 9 months prior, which of course means half were longer than that and held up to a brand new variant that was both infectious and pretty lethal. we'll see what's up with omicron.

if the vaxx uptake is relatively to permanently stalled, it would seem this is the next best thing. and it isn't the first evidence of this kind of protection. and even if the science is always playing catchup, the biology may aid us in tamping this down and helping create our pathway out.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statu ... 0252379137

Virginia woman at a school board meeting last night threatens to bring “every single gun loaded” to shoot and kill her opponents if Page County Public Schools enforces a mask mandate.

Sooooo much harassment by school boards of citizens...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:52 am https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statu ... 0252379137

Virginia woman at a school board meeting last night threatens to bring “every single gun loaded” to shoot and kill her opponents if Page County Public Schools enforces a mask mandate.

rural virginia is underrated.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:07 am
CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:52 am https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/statu ... 0252379137

That Karen is lucky the board cut her off before she committed a non-trivial crime.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

PizzaSnake wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:25 am

That Karen is lucky the board cut her off before she committed a non-trivial crime.
... as totally expected, Page County votes 75% republican / Trumpnista. I wonder who Karen voted for. :lol:
LaxDog

Post by LaxDog »

Non trivial. My behind. Call it what it is- a threat of violence.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

LaxDog wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:33 pm

Non trivial. My behind. Call it what it is- a threat of violence.
Pretty sure that was a large tongue in cheek from Pizza.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:24 pm Let it rip Boris: https://twitter.com/joelaxin2/status/14 ... 17024?s=20
Natural Immunity stronger than vaccine vs Delta says CDC: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... np1taskbar
drip, drip, drip...
NY school mask mandate could be ending, state COVID positivity under 10%...Let it rip.
https://abc7ny.com/nyc-covid-omicron-wa ... /11494434/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:02 pm
drip, drip, drip...
NY school mask mandate could be ending, state COVID positivity under 10%...Let it rip.
https://abc7ny.com/nyc-covid-omicron-wa ... /11494434/
Might snck if the teachers quit and the students stay home.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Anyone besides me think DeSatan’s FL is lying abiut COVID death tally? 5 today?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”