Cornell 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
drunkmonkey30

Re: Cornell 2022

Post by drunkmonkey30 »

Lite on new info, but still good to see some press for the Big Red. Nothing at all on the mid-field or x

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... ornell-men
CU88

Post by CU88 »

drunkmonkey30 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:25 am Lite on new info, but still good to see some press for the Big Red. Nothing at all on the mid-field or x

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... ornell-men
Thanks for sharing, a brand new era and many unknowns; which makes it all the more exciting.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
courtdog

Post by courtdog »

I think this staff will do a great job and continue the tradition of Big Red lacrosse. Recruiting will be the big piece moving forward.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Looking at the early, pre-OSU schedule, the 11th ranked Lehigh game looks like it could be a tough one. As far as I can tell, the game is outside in Bethlehem, PA. Between the field conditions and wind, this has been a challenging venue for away teams. Following that, the Big Red come back to Ithaca and face a tough Hobart squad on Tuesday the first of March. Then, another quick turn around to face a still tougher OSU team on March fifth. A lot of early season wear and tear.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I'm not sure if this is a private matter, but, since Cornell Lacrosse was on social media about it, I imagine it's okay to share.

Last night 230 Cornell Lacrosse alumni and friends gathered on a Zoom call to wish Coach Richie Moran a happy 85th birthday. The call was amazingly well organized, and virtually every living Cornell USILA HOF member spoke. Also, toward the end, other players and friends gave various birthday wishes. The group assembled sang Happy Birthday to him.

The call was quite emotional. I can't give enough praise to the organizers. The call was recorded, so perhaps it will be available for those who missed it.
VeryRustyRed

Re: Cornell Lacrosse - Richie Moran

Post by VeryRustyRed »

faircornell -- I was privileged enough to be on the zoom call as well. As you referenced, everything was so well done. I'm sure all long-time supporters of Cornell Lacrosse would have enjoyed the opportunity to take in the occasion as well. 'Some great memories and very funny anecdotes were shared.
The content and sincerity of those who spoke certainly say something about the man.
VeryRustyRed

Post by VeryRustyRed »

Craig Stadler singing "Felix the Cat"...from Australia no less was particularly funny.
I couldn't help but wonder if Coach Tillman (who was on the zoom call) had incorporated that into his coaching repertoire at Maryland.
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

VeryRustyRed wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:05 am Craig Stadler singing "Felix the Cat"...from Australia no less was particularly funny.
I couldn't help but wonder if Coach Tillman (who was on the zoom call) had incorporated that into his coaching repertoire at Maryland.
I’m not sure if autocorrect did you in, but of course it was Craig Jaeger not Craig Stadler who quite humorously sang Felix the Cat.
VeryRustyRed

Post by VeryRustyRed »

My bad. Good catch.
I doubt whether Jaeger can play golf like Stadler.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/nn54T ... yaTTWSWZO5

I'm not the best at sharing links. Above is a recording of the call regarding Coach Richie Moran's 85th birthday celebration.

Renewed thanks to the organizers. This is an "instant classic", with stories from the '60s up to today. Wonderful work.

Best to use the link provided by 1313 below. Apologies for any confusion.
Last edited by faircornell on Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

faircornell wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:14 am https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/nn54T ... yaTTWSWZO5

I'm not the best at sharing links. Above is a recording of the call regarding Coach Richie Moran's 85th birthday celebration.

The password is: SEDp0?p

The character after "p" is a zero. Renewed thanks to the organizers. This is an "instant classic", with stories from the '60s up to today. Wonderful work.
Here's the correct link from Coach Buczek's email blast today: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/nn54T ... yaTTWSWZO5
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Thanks, 1313!!
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

Here's the correct passcode for the Richie Moran birthday ZOOM recording. The "0" is a zero. : SEDp0=?p
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Never understood why the zero and the letter O aren’t better distinguished in the typing world.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

FWIW, Terry Foy ranked Cornell number eight pre season.

College Crosse also gives the Big Red a slightly better ranking than the IL Media Poll.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

dp68 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:44 pm Hopefully we get to the other side by the end of January.
As do I, though I don't expect we will with well over 100,000 new cases per day in the U.S. and the winter cold driving so many indoors. My guess is we see, at best, a truncated IVY lacrosse season, with a delayed opening and limited (or no) non-league games. I also expect fans will be banned from attending games until at least April, and that may be wishful thinking.

I don't know what to say anymore. It's been 2 years. I'm vaccinated and boosted, as are my family and most of my friends, yet sometimes it doesn't feel as though we've made much progress, especially if one watches the news too often.
How many college athletes have died from the virus(delta, omicron or the like)? Obviously, the elderly & those with pre-existing conditions should be more vigilant. But if you're vaccinated(not Aaron Rodgers immunized :lol: ) the worry is tiny. Don't watch the news--trying to control us like sheep! Notice how the news feed "death count" scoreboard ended when Trump was bounced? MSU allows full capacity at hoop games, yet learning is virtual??!! Is that following the science? LOL! Given most lax games are played outside, don't try to convince me that there's a Covid risk...
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

FMUBart wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:44 pm Hopefully we get to the other side by the end of January.
As do I, though I don't expect we will with well over 100,000 new cases per day in the U.S. and the winter cold driving so many indoors. My guess is we see, at best, a truncated IVY lacrosse season, with a delayed opening and limited (or no) non-league games. I also expect fans will be banned from attending games until at least April, and that may be wishful thinking.

I don't know what to say anymore. It's been 2 years. I'm vaccinated and boosted, as are my family and most of my friends, yet sometimes it doesn't feel as though we've made much progress, especially if one watches the news too often.
How many college athletes have died from the virus(delta, omicron or the like)? Obviously, the elderly & those with pre-existing conditions should be more vigilant. But if you're vaccinated(not Aaron Rodgers immunized :lol: ) the worry is tiny. Don't watch the news--trying to control us like sheep! Notice how the news feed "death count" scoreboard ended when Trump was bounced? MSU allows full capacity at hoop games, yet learning is virtual??!! Is that following the science? LOL! Given most lax games are played outside, don't try to convince me that there's a Covid risk...
Covid killed Utica's coach. He was 45.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

JPAtlantic wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:32 pm
FMUBart wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:55 pm

Covid killed Utica's coach. He was 45.
Respectfully, Cornell is playing all winter sports now and has announced that spring sports are going forward.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The unvaccinated should be more vigilant. Something on the order of 90% of deaths currently are unvaxed. Among those who have had covid long term effects are still being treated.

If lax games are open to anyone then there will be the full gamut of the population in attendance. Athletes do not live in kr function in a bubble.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

OCanada wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:59 amIf lax games are open to anyone then there will be the full gamut of the population in attendance. Athletes do not live in or function in a bubble.
Boggles that so many supposedly educated people don't seem to understand that. Athletes go home, go to bars, pizza places, laundromats, the campus store, and on and on. There may be vulnerable people in any of these places.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”