New England West-1 2019

HS Boys Lacrosse
Laxxal22

Re: New England West-1 2019

Post by Laxxal22 »

I subscribed a few weeks back. There's a lot of West 1, ISL, MA & CT public coverage. At $80 I basically looked at like paying a buck a day during the season for some quality content. Definitely worth it.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

MartletDadlet wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:15 am New England Lax Journal seems to be producing some nice content, but they've gated their content to subscribers. Anyone here have access?
It's worth it and you can buy the digital subscription at 9.99/mth.
Topright

Post by Topright »

Whattt thee helll is this Tom foolishness going on here!!!!!!! Think you can dodge me Pcow, G2G, and the rest of the bottom dwelling washed-up lax gods!!!!! Out here spitting your BS all over!!!! Welll I found you all!!!! Was not easy!!!! But Nasty is BACK and ready for the west one show downs!!!!! Under new name,,, Topright!!! Get it straight!!! Lol... spring trips are out... some good games for the west 1teams in FLA.... should be interesting. All kidding aside happy to be back. Great job on getting this up. I am sure Pcow had something to do with it. I will spread the love..... hope everyone is healthy.... who’s winning this year??? Who is the sleeper?? Let’s get off the buds lights and start doing something Boys.... and no shot clock... that’s a f ing joke. I am bringing one to the games. Just saying we can!
Topright

Post by Topright »

Justafan wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:10 pm Too bad the shotclock won’t be used. A lot of kids in the league obviously go on to play college lacrosse, would have been good for them to get a year of it before heading to college next year.

It sure looks like on paper Bury should run away with it. But I don’t think they will. I think that the coaching, culture, and chemistry that Brunswick and Deerfield have And will put on the field, will be very talented. I think we put too much emphasis on where a kid is committed too as to how good they are sometimes. Some of those players are overrated IMO. I think wick has bury at home this year, and that is always a tough game for the visiting team to win. Deerfield beat bury last year and Deerfield will only be better this year. I will predict that bury loses at least 1 of those games and maybe both. It will really depend on the lineups bury’s coach puts out there and if the coach can get the kids to come together.

I am also doing Taft and AOF a disservice, although I don’t think either one will win the league, I think they could make life difficult for anyone they play. I just don’t see enough talent all over the field for these two teams like I do the other three I mention above. Offensively, Bury probably has enough talent offensively that you could throw 10 different kids out there and not lose anything. their defense and FO will be the big question.

Wick and Deerfield seem very solid all over the field. So, since I suck at predictions, you can probably take everything I just said and count on the reverse happening. :-)
I have to agree with most of you post. Pretty good. Bury and wick are always right there. Avon Taft TP Berk all can sling it.
TP is my sleeper this year. They have possibly the best D core in the league.. all 6 kids D1. Lost 5 games by 1 goal for first year coach kirks... they reloaded on O with Pg going to Albany and the other to VT. Depth is Questionable. Here is a prediction... pre season
Wick
Bury
Taft
TP
Avon
Choate
Berk
Westy
Loomis
Hkiss
Kent
Nmh
Justafan

Post by Justafan »

Good point about TP. Where do you have Deerfield in your rankings?
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Topright wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:20 pm Whattt thee helll is this Tom foolishness going on here!!!!!!! Think you can dodge me Pcow, G2G, and the rest of the bottom dwelling washed-up lax gods!!!!! Out here spitting your BS all over!!!! Welll I found you all!!!! Was not easy!!!! But Nasty is BACK and ready for the west one show downs!!!!! Under new name,,, Topright!!! Get it straight!!! Lol... spring trips are out... some good games for the west 1teams in FLA.... should be interesting. All kidding aside happy to be back. Great job on getting this up. I am sure Pcow had something to do with it. I will spread the love..... hope everyone is healthy.... who’s winning this year??? Who is the sleeper?? Let’s get off the buds lights and start doing something Boys.... and no shot clock... that’s a f ing joke. I am bringing one to the games. Just saying we can!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well Hallelujah! We were missing a few but for the joy of the season no one brings it like Nick (and agree with you on the shot clock)!! Glad you found your way over amigo. As for the winner this year, man, there are some good teams but the offense for Bury is just unbelievable. I have to go with them. Agree with the above that Nick’s Blue and Gold Lions are going to be a tough out with a great D. Of course, Wick and Deerfield will be right there. I don’t think Westy can hang this year. Taft will push all of the top teams but I don’t see them winning one of those. The one I really don’t have a good handle on is AOF. Lots of losses, lots of additions, haven’t been able to match the talent with results for several years, they could end up from 2-5 in my eyes. But my eyes look through a glass darkly. Can’t wait to strap them up and get playing, all fired up to have many of the posters on WEST-1 I admire to have found there way over here!
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Waiting on GTG, Which Coast and even Beaver Creek, who may hate Deerfield and love St. Paul’s but loves lacrosse. Great to see B1w7o9y3h, Grelch, Nick and other finding there way here, hopefully it reconstitutes. The league is as good as ever, let’s get ready to rumble!
Topright

Post by Topright »

Justafan wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:56 pm Good point about TP. Where do you have Deerfield in your rankings?
I know I missed Deerfield! I would put them in the middle of the pack... I think Deerfield Avon Taft TP Are pretty close. They were all one goal games Last year with TP and TP was young... they return all their middys..... attack has been improved. Tp should of beat Avon... avon scored 2 bad goals at the end and win in OT. TP was out coaches that game! I think the league is more even than we think. But Bury again has the names on paper.. they have solid D core.... wick is very good.. and young. Avon has some stud attack and mids.... I like the league. TP plays img next Tuesday I think. Bury plays them as well soon.
Topright

Post by Topright »

Just found a shot clock..... $248.00 with remote controls! 500 bucks per school..... who is calling nonsense on them saying the cost!!!What the heck
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

pcowlax wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:31 pm Waiting on GTG, Which Coast and even Beaver Creek, who may hate Deerfield and love St. Paul’s but loves lacrosse. Great to see B1w7o9y3h, Grelch, Nick and other finding there way here, hopefully it reconstitutes. The league is as good as ever, let’s get ready to rumble!
WhichCoast has found himself bunkered closer to the Great Lakes than to either coast, so his old Avatar seemed a bit......nonrepresentational. 3rdPersonPlural popped into his head, so he's back under a nom de guerre.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Welcome back Rhino! Though the Midwest is large, maybe you can swing by a Culver game sometime to give us an experienced in person take.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

The band is slowly getting back together, I love it (!!!!!! for nasty).
As hard as this is for me to say, I think Deerfield is going to be very good this year. They were young last year and continued to improve during the season, so most of their players will have significant experience this year and a year (at least) of playing together. As opposed to the plug and play PG model, I think Chip may realize this is "long term greedy" to borrow a phrase. Salisbury is loaded with talent, but Deerfield might be loaded with team.
We need more color on the Winged Beavers, someone report from Florida, please.
Topright

Post by Topright »

I am with you. Bury is loaded with talent. Team and depth is important in this league. Deerfield was good last year... and young. But so was TP... and Deerfield beat them by a goal... and Deerfield won every face off. That’s why I put Deerfield,TP, Taft, Avon in the same bucket. I think all will be very even this year, with similar records. They will cannibalizes each other. I throw Choate in there As well. Someone will knock off someone early...but the middle of the pack in the FL is very good. Wick is going to get beat by one of those teams.... Bury may as well.. we will see. I will post feedback from FLA when I get it. I am going down next.. Bury TP westy Avon and some other may be there as well. Again shot clocks are 248 bucks. We should all chip in and buy the league shot clocks.. 500 per school!! We each buy one for the school. I am sick of watching Bury hold the ball for 3 minutes and not get a shot. Along with some other schools!!!!! Sick of it!!!! It’s a heck joke..... or I am bringing signs with numbers on them counting down my 20 sec.....make the team and refs feel uncomfortable!!!!
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

I too wish they were adopting the shot clock this year. It has been great for the college game, in my opinion. After watching a number of "clock issues" in the early season in college, though, I wouldn't discount how much more difficult it makes the task of running the clock. To do it right, I think you need a full time person on the shot clock, and they need to know what they are doing. Now, don't get me started on the dive....
tb toad

Post by tb toad »

Topright - Every year we read about how many D1 players TP has on the roster. How many of the last 5-6 years have we seen any results. I have to believe we'll see more of the same.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

ctbagataway wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:52 pm I too wish they were adopting the shot clock this year. It has been great for the college game, in my opinion. After watching a number of "clock issues" in the early season in college, though, I wouldn't discount how much more difficult it makes the task of running the clock. To do it right, I think you need a full time person on the shot clock, and they need to know what they are doing. Now, don't get me started on the dive....
I think the devil in the details is really a devil here. For D1 level players with expert clock operators I like the idea of the clock. For most high schools it would be a disaster because they lack the stick skills to run an offense in the required time; most schools would end up with kids picking up the 5th GB of the possession at midfield with 2 seconds left in the clock and chucking it at goal. WEST-1 has the skills to play with this but you really don’t want some home team manager running it, it is much more nuanced than it would initially appear. You would need non-affiliated people, basically an additional ref at that cost. Will be challenging.
Topright

Post by Topright »

tb toad wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:27 pm Topright - Every year we read about how many D1 players TP has on the roster. How many of the last 5-6 years have we seen any results. I have to believe we'll see more of the same.
Um let see... last years rookie of the the year Conlley from umass attack.... Rookies of the year!!!! Oh the other attract at umass now Gabe... Paul the fogo from Cornell who is also team canada fogo.. how’s that for starters!!!! Kellogg at Virginia.. Beans who was leading scorer on Bucknel as a freshman!! Not to shabby.... so I want why your smoking... this year they have 8 D1commits and 2 juniors who are Studs with offers from 20 school. So yea they will and are alway A tough team. Last year was a down year first year coach.. and kids left when Bell left...
Oh I forgot about the other junior who has D1 football and lax offers.... most likely playing D1 football or both at the D1 level. TP has as many if not more kids playing D1 in college as any school in the West 1... yes some have more... but you should do your research first. The fact the Rookies of the year. And leading Rookies score in D1 was from TP... Tells me All I need to know. And the other freshman attack Gabe at umass May get it this year. Again From TP... hahahah lol. Wow.
tb toad

Post by tb toad »

"so I want why your smoking" - I'm not really sure what you mean be this statement but I'm talking about the team results, not individuals. I guess that if you are satisfied with the team results and the talent is accomplished, your intention is to slap at the coaching.
grelch

Post by grelch »

Looking at the official Salisbury schedule and it looks like Darien isn't a scrimmage. They only list Ridgewood HS as a scrimmage. That means their only 2 ooc games are Darien and Andover.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Darien lists that as a scrimmage. That's how it has been played forever, hard to believe it would change this year.

Return to “HS BOYS LACROSSE”