All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:00 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:53 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:21 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:52 pm WHAT disinformation?
Specifically. Seriously asking.
Disagreeing with someone, calling for them to be fired and and calling them names is NOT disinformation. Its not information at all. It's opinion.
That's easy to answer.

What message does Paul send to Americans when he attacks Fauci like he does? The message is: this man, Fauci, is corrupt, and the information he shares is not to be trusted. It worked on Tech. It worked on you.

That's disinformation.

This is Trump in the boiling water......where you keep slowly warming the pot, and Trump doesn't notice the boil.

This behavior of taking down America's top medical advisor to two Presidents from different parties..... in the middle of a National Emergency, is something you'd expect Putin to do....not one of our own motherfreaking Senators.

But because of Trump? We have posters here acting like this is the most normal thing in the world, not noticing how far our leaders have fallen in such a short amount of time.

I'm excited to see your party nominate Trump again, that's for sure.
Again, Fauci has misled, lied, and shared bad information.
Give me a clear example of each. And remember, it has to be something Fauci said, in full context in the time that he said them....you can't give me what someone else said that Fauci said.

Misled:

Lied:

Shared Bad information:
come on Kram, answer with specifics.

You didn't respond to ggait's refutation re the "emails"...it's BS and you really should be able to discern that it is.

I'd clarify those questions...as I do think that Fauci and others have had communication issues, including sharing info they later amended, clarified or outright corrected when they had more info.

Lied or even misled would be the hurdle I'd challenge you on.

I'm concerned that you're just buying into the disinformation, in a bubble.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:58 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:25 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:49 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:41 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/covid-n ... idappshare
so fda commish testifying that most people will get covid. certainly sounds like (very recent and) future tense, not the 40 or more % estimates over the life of the pandemic.

we've made some changes to isolation but it sure seems like this reality is going to radically change how we handle things not too far into the future. at least as long as a more lethal version doesn't come around.

priorities:
-therapeutic(s), pfizer for now, on a mass scale.
- a vaxx that is variant resistant, at least as we understand it, rather than the other way around.

p.s. i would say more nurses, but we know how the biz doesn't like planning for in excess to the dry season.
Do you have a link to the discussion on a variant resistant vaccine?
if it's good news (3 weeks ago said will be releasing results in weeks):
https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2 ... ts/360089/
https://www.army.mil/article/252890/ser ... t_strategy
there should be some discussion on it. and as weeks/months go on and sciency folks can evaluate, an estimation whether the design and goal is achievable.

maybe not the only group with the general idea in mind. i hope.
Those articles are good news. I read the defenseone article a couple of weeks ago. I thought you were referring to a vaccine that would be good against future variants.
i've read those and other articles on it to mean that it would be "good against future variants". at least as it has mutated so far. do you read something different or am i missing your question?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:23 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:41 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/12/covid-n ... idappshare
so fda commish testifying that most people will get covid. certainly sounds like (very recent and) future tense, not the 40 or more % estimates over the life of the pandemic.

we've made some changes to isolation but it sure seems like this reality is going to radically change how we handle things not too far into the future. at least as long as a more lethal version doesn't come around.

priorities:
- a vaxx that is variant resistant, at least as we understand it, rather than the other way around.

p.s. i would say more nurses, but we know how the biz doesn't like planning for in excess to the dry season.
there should be some discussion on it. and as weeks/months go on and sciency folks can evaluate, an estimation whether the design and goal is achievable.

Those articles are good news. I read the defenseone article a couple of weeks ago. I thought you were referring to a vaccine that would be good against future variants.
i've read those and other articles on it to mean that it would be "good against future variants". at least as it has mutated so far. do you read something different or am i missing your question?
No. I am not sure it means it will be good against future variants but maybe it does. I suppose it depends but moves the ball forward.

EDIT: I saw potential variants.

👍
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:38 pm

priorities:

No. I am not sure it means it will be good against future variants but maybe it does. I suppose it depends but moves the ball forward.

👍
I think of it this way, if you have 20 different iterations of the S protein on this multi-faced nano particle you have more potential epitopes for antibody binding. Each slightly different S protein would produce it own set of Ab's that in concert with the others would be able to bind to more than the 20 iterations just by random combinations.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:30 pm

priorities:

👍
I think of it this way, if you have 20 different iterations of the S protein on this multi-faced nano particle you have more potential epitopes for antibody binding. Each slightly different S protein would produce it own set of Ab's that in concert with the others would be able to bind to more than the 20 iterations just by random combinations.
thanks for clearing that up.
ggait

Post by ggait »

ggait wrote: ↑Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:21 am

The lagging indicator of hospitalizations is up 82% in the last two weeks. Currently at about the same level we saw during the January 2021 peak, and projected to keep increasing sharply for the next 3 weeks.

And then we'll get to see what happens to the next lagging indicator -- daily deaths. Up 16% over the past two weeks and projected to go up to 2,000 per day. So about equal to the Delta peak back in September 2021.
Update. 14 day daily deaths up 84% for the past 14 days. Was 16% two days ago.

7 day average up to 1,700 per day. Most recent single day was 2,654.

Sure omnicron is mild. But it is now starting to kill people at accelerating rates. And most likely will continue to do so for the next several weeks.

Cases lead to hospitalizations, which lead to deaths...
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:36 pm
ggait wrote: ↑Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:21 am

The lagging indicator of hospitalizations is up 82% in the last two weeks. Currently at about the same level we saw during the January 2021 peak, and projected to keep increasing sharply for the next 3 weeks.

And then we'll get to see what happens to the next lagging indicator -- daily deaths. Up 16% over the past two weeks and projected to go up to 2,000 per day. So about equal to the Delta peak back in September 2021.
Update. 14 day daily deaths up 84% for the past 14 days. Was 16% two days ago.

7 day average up to 1,700 per day. Most recent single day was 2,654.

Sure omnicron is mild. But it is now starting to kill people at accelerating rates. And most likely will continue to do so for the next several weeks.

Cases lead to hospitalizations, which lead to deaths...
ihme has us already past cresting on cases.
and has about 2k deaths as a max. and then crashing.
boston sewer water has already crashed.

all directional, if you know how models work.
Typical Lax Dad

Bart wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:30 pm

priorities:

👍
Probably like velcro or a bur that sticks to your clothing.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Right.

But 2k daily would be equal to the Delta peak daily deaths. So so much for the idea that Omicron isn't that deadly.

Not so deadly on a per capita/case basis. But when your have a boatload of cases at the beginning of the funnel, you still get a lot of deaths coming out at the other end.

Hopefully, though, IHME is right that this will mostly be over come March-April.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:21 pm
Right.

But 2k daily would be equal to the Delta peak daily deaths. So so much for the idea that Omicron isn't that deadly.

Not so deadly on a per capita/case basis. But when your have a boatload of cases at the beginning of the funnel, you still get a lot of deaths coming out at the other end.

Hopefully, though, IHME is right that this will mostly be over come March-April.
queue the "we're past this and everybody has immunity". and no more variants are around the corner.

the certainty of what comes next (and what works to what degree), has been jaw dropping. the virus has had the perfect incubator. on to february.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:29 pm
Right.

queue the "we're past this and everybody has immunity". and no more variants are around the corner.

the certainty of what comes next (and what works to what degree), has been jaw dropping. the virus has had the perfect incubator. on to february.
What I said……
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Right.

ggait - you still in lock step with Nate silver these days?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:34 pm
Right.

What I said……
ahh.. but you give more berth to .gov . we're not the same. ;)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

how is the djokovic australia thingy not getting thrown around here? i thought this was all things coronavirus?
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:25 pm
Right.

What I said……
Who else is going to do it? I would like to know of a place on the planet where a government at the national level wasn’t involved?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:31 pm how is the djokovic australia thingy not getting thrown around here? i thought this was all things coronavirus?
I’ll play. Novax is unrepentant neo-fascist, elitist loser.

That good?

I forgot sociopath.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:45 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:31 pm how is the djokovic australia thingy not getting thrown around here? i thought this was all things coronavirus?
I’ll play. Novax is unrepentant neo-fascist, elitist loser.

That good?

I forgot sociopath.
ok, sounds a little dark for a tennis player, but let's go with it.

australia is a boiling pot at 211 degrees..

i predict riots or peaceful protests either way.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:34 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:25 pm
Right.

What I said……
Who else is going to do it? I would like to know of a place on the planet where a government at the national level wasn’t involved?
lmao (pre-edit). you're a voice in the wilderness!!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

head of the cdc just quoted as any mask will do and it's not changing, and next segment is a 95 year old senator telling us she's wrong and an n95 mask is what's needed.

my head hurts.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:24 pm head of the cdc just quoted as any mask will do and it's not changing, and next segment is a 95 year old senator telling us she's wrong and an n95 mask is what's needed.

my head hurts.
What kind of mask do you believe would be effective?

Return to “POLITICS”