All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

kramerica.inc

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:39 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:44 am
DMac wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:21 am Not so sure that's good to hear. She's very much apt to end up ruling the world and the child will no doubt be the heir apparent. Mommy to be gets what mommy to be wants, always. Very sharp gal though.
Well I hope it's a happy ending for all.
One more virtual DR consult for us today and we'll probably make a decision one way or the other for our son. He has a few health things we're working through so it isn't so cut and dry.
Gotta say, there have been some good things to come from covid- virtual doc appointments, more work from home options, and "to go" mixed drinks at local restaurants are at the top of my list.
K - Good luck with your son. All of my medical appointments here in SC are live. We all wear masks and vax status is never asked. My only connection with the world of medicine is as a patient and as the husband of a RN, so I wouldn't presume to offer you any advice.

Agree with you on the "silver linings" part and tech apps have largely made it work. We wanted to get out of Maryland and It allowed me to move here and still help my clients instead of retiring.

Again, Good Luck.
Appreciate the good wishes. Same back to you!
I know we have some smart cookies here. I can appreciate peoples knowledge, experiences and expertise. It's also the fun part of posting here.
The youngest has some considerations that most do not. But he's healthy and all good right now, so we want to keep him that way. We've "got the good insurance" as my grandparents used to say. So I'm gonna leave it up to the smart guys at Hopkins and UMD who have my kid's full history to do their thing. They have been fantastic for the previous 7 years so we feel lucky to have them and have the utmost confidence in them.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:22 am Fauci out to pasture?

More could be coming out re: the gain of function story, perhaps.

https://republicans-oversight.house.gov ... 011122.pdf
... not going to happen. Jim Jordan is not going to take down Fauci. Fauci had Rand Paul's lunch today. Couple of clowns. When a serious democrat talks about it, maybe a chance. Of course if the Trumpnista win control of the House, that could change things.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:24 pm

... not going to happen. Jim Jordan is not going to take down Fauci. Fauci had Rand Paul's lunch today. Couple of clowns. When a serious democrat talks about it, maybe a chance. Of course if the Trumpnista win control of the House, that could change things.
I'd rather Fauci stay.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:51 pm

I'd rather Fauci stay.
My brother, a retired EPA employee, insists I call him Dr. Fauci. And you think Trump has a cult following?
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Good article in National Geographic. Discusses a number of omicron vs previous COVID issues. I found masking and testing particularly interesting. Confirmed what I thought / assumed. Masking still useful and rapid tests significantly less useful than previously the case.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:47 pm Good article in National Geographic. Discusses a number of omicron vs previous COVID issues. I found masking and testing particularly interesting. Confirmed what I thought / assumed. Masking still useful and rapid tests significantly less useful than previously the case.
i couldn't find the part about masking still useful and omicron. could you copy and paste?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:58 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:47 pm Good article in National Geographic. Discusses a number of omicron vs previous COVID issues. I found masking and testing particularly interesting. Confirmed what I thought / assumed. Masking still useful and rapid tests significantly less useful than previously the case.
i couldn't find the part about masking still useful and omicron. could you copy and paste?
... discussion under heading "Does double masking help protect against Omicron?" gives study results.

... for those looking for the next cure for COVID, try Urine Therapy (drinking your own). :lol: -- separate article
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:18 pm
... discussion under heading "Does double masking help protect against Omicron?" gives study results.

... for those looking for the next cure for COVID, try Urine Therapy (drinking your own). :lol: -- separate article
thanks. they cite 2020 or early 2021 studies.

i thought they'd had the urine stuff out for a while. that'd be tough for me to swallow.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Omicron seems almost unavoidable, yet it is more benign than any previous strain. It really is following the predictable path of all corona viruses, in that it is weakening. I'm looking to see what happens here after a few weeks of cold weather. We've been on normal here since July and nobody has raised any alarm. If we get to Spring without any surge in deaths, the only meaningful measure, we should be out of the woods.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Bart

Post by Bart »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:19 pm
Omicron seems almost unavoidable, yet it is more benign than any previous strain. It really is following the predictable path of all corona viruses, in that it is weakening. I'm looking to see what happens here after a few weeks of cold weather. We've been on normal here since July and nobody has raised any alarm. If we get to Spring without any surge in deaths, the only meaningful measure, we should be out of the woods.
Not to quibble but viruses do not weaken in a predictable pattern. There is absolutely no selection pressure on this particular virus to "weaken". It does just fine passing on its RNA in is delta state.........ie prior to killing its host. If the virus became much more pathogenic and started to kill its host prior to passing on its RNA then there would be selection pressure to "weaken" and improve its fitness. If this variant is truly a more forgiving strain then that is pure luck.

There have been HIV or Flu viruses that have mutated to make them resistant to treatment and hence more deadly so viruses can mutate to be more deadly. SARS and MERS have not mutated to a less than severe version.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:25 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:18 pm

thanks. they cite 2020 or early 2021 studies.

i thought they'd had the urine stuff out for a while. that'd be tough for me to swallow.
:lol:
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 3:06 pm

I'd rather Fauci stay.
My brother, a retired EPA employee, insists I call him Dr. Fauci. And you think Trump has a cult following?
I only want him to stay because, "Devil you know." And he's a schmo. When Rand Paul can bully you...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:37 am

I'd rather Fauci stay.
I only want him to stay because, "Devil you know." And he's a schmo. When Rand Paul can bully you...
Seemed like he pushed back on Paul as just a grifter, exploiter pretty effectively yesterday. Re "bullying", gotta remember that all the power in those hearings is held by the Senators during their allotted time slots. The witness has no power beyond truth.

Seriously, the police caught a man going to Fauci's house with weapons in his trunk...he and his family get constant death threats.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:00 am

I'd rather Fauci stay.
Seemed like he pushed back on Paul as just a grifter, exploiter pretty effectively yesterday. Re "bullying", gotta remember that all the power in those hearings is held by the Senators during their allotted time slots. The witness has no power beyond truth.

Seriously, the police caught a man going to Fauci's house with weapons in his trunk...he and his family get constant death threats.
Kansas senator should fire his entire staff for his failure to realize that Fauci's compensation is a matter of the public record. He looked like a fool doing it before Fauci called him out on it and was correct in his hot mike moment - "what a moron'". Hard to believe that Marshall is a physician. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I'd rather Fauci stay.

It's the choice he made. He chose the job. And cashes the paychecks. Hire security. Or get a new job.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:44 am

I'd rather Fauci stay.

It's the choice he made. He chose the job. And cashes the paychecks. Hire security. Or get a new job.
I'm almost at a loss for words, but let me start with this one - disgusting.

Using this logic I guess every competitive environment should be wary. Ford dealers are entitled to attack Chevy dealers. After all, the Chevy guy made a choice. He chose the job. And cashes the paychecks. Hire security. Or get a new job.

SMH. Asinine. Efin asinine.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I'd rather Fauci stay.

:lol: :lol:
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:56 am

I'd rather Fauci stay.

I'm almost at a loss for words, but let me start with this one - disgusting.

Using this logic I guess every competitive environment should be wary. Ford dealers are entitled to attack Chevy dealers. After all, the Chevy guy made a choice. He chose the job. And cashes the paychecks. Hire security. Or get a new job.

SMH. Asinine. Efin asinine.
I am pretty sure that is the current r platform.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

This isn't a ford dealership or any other regular job. If you are in a political, public facing post, there are crazies out there. Everyone knows it.
Fauci's crocodile tears and concerns are bs. Blaming Ron Paul for the crazy guy stopped in the midwest?
Please. It's all bs and political theatre.

Fauci raised his hand for the job and then figured out he really enjoyed the spotlight. Throwing out first pitches at MLB games, Sundays on Meet the Press. He knew what game he was entering. He chose to play. He's just not as good or seasoned as the pro, lifetime politicians. Like Paul...Yet.

Return to “POLITICS”