Maryland 2022 National Champions

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jrn19

Re: Maryland 2022

Post by jrn19 »

Whoever the midweek opponent was would likely have just dragged the SOS down. Past opponents in that slot were Colgate, Marist, Saint Joe's, Drexel. None of whom did the SOS/RPI a lot of favors.

This is a really beefed up OOC slate; Virginia, Loyola, and ND all quarterfinal teams from a year ago. Syracuse a tournament team. High Point as the weak link of the schedule won their league last year. Albany almost won their league. Princeton likely won't be what they were in 2020 but could still be a Top 20 opponent. No Navy is disappointing but otherwise this is my favorite OOC schedule the team has had in a couple years.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

So is there going to be a double header at the Audi Stadium on 3/19? MD vs UVA and Duke vs Towson? Duke schedule say it’s playing Towson in DC on 3/19.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Belichick wore a Maryland flag face mask in his post game pressed
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

AreaLax wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:30 am So is there going to be a double header at the Audi Stadium on 3/19? MD vs UVA and Duke vs Towson? Duke schedule say it’s playing Towson in DC on 3/19.
I believe it is a triple header with Catholic and HSC playing as well
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

2022 schedule out
Georgetown @ Maryland 1/29 Scrimmage
Delaware @ Maryland 1/29 Scrimmage
HPU @ Maryland 2/5
Loyola @ Maryland 2/12
Syracuse @ Dome 2/20
Princeton @ Maryland 2/26
Notre Dame @ ND 3/5
Albany @ Maryland 3/12
Virginia @ Maryland/Audi Stadium (DC) 3/19
PSU @ PSU 3/27
Michigan @ Michigan 4/2
Rutgers @ Maryland 4/10
OSU @ Maryland 4/16
Hopkins @ Hopkins 4/23 @ 6pm

2 scrimmages on the same day

Season tickets

https://umterps.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncom ... eId=ev_umd
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Lax Reference has it as the 2nd most difficult non-con schedule and 7th overall. 6 teams on the schedule that made the tournament last year. No mid-week game. 12 games in total. Tills normally schedules a midweek and 13 overall. I've heard it's related to giving the Terps flexibility if games get scrubbed due to COVID. Midweek games would be make ups.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Best schedule in awhile. Tough, should be very helpful for RPI and SOS come tournament time, gonna prep the team well and be battle tested, and also gonna be a lot of fun to watch. Hopefully the Audi Field deal comes together for the UVA game, definitely want to get down to that one
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Fun schedule as long as they win some of the OOC games. The kids were much safer last year with the B1G-only schedule, insulated from those germy ACC'ers. Gonna miss playing Michigan 7 times.
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

I'm glad is is only 1 Ivy on the list. I'm afraid they will pull the same withdrawal again as they did the past two years.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

JPAtlantic wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:02 pm I'm glad is is only 1 Ivy on the list. I'm afraid they will pull the same withdrawal again as they did the past two years.
Agree. On the bright side Season tickets are on sale. 6 games for $55. It doesn’t include the UVA game.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

With Spallina signing a NIL deal with Gait Lacrosse, we need to see if Sergey Brin is a lacrosse fan. Get some Google NIL deals for our laxers. Suck it, Orangemen!!!
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

Wheels wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:04 pm With Spallina signing a NIL deal with Gait Lacrosse, we need to see if Sergey Brin is a lacrosse fan. Get some Google NIL deals for our laxers. Suck it, Orangemen!!!
Or...Under Armour really. I know they got out of the lax equipment business in 2020, but they still supply Maryland uniforms and the ties to the University are pretty clear.
stanley848

Post by stanley848 »

Wisnauskas to be guest tonight Thursday January 13, 2022 9PM ET on LSN.
Featured Guest on Lacrosse Now: @TerpsMLax's @loganwisnauskas. He's among the ELITE ATTACKMEN in college #lacrosse. We talked about the upcoming 2022 season, wearing #1 & filling the @jaredbernhardt void. We also had a few laughs.
https://twitter.com/laxsportsnet/status ... 95968?s=21
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

IL pre-season All Americans

North Carolina’s Chris Gray, Lehigh’s Mike Sisselberger, Georgetown’s Will Bowen and Maryland’s Brett Makar were unanimous first-team selections. The first-team attack unit of Gray, Virginia’s Connor Shellenberger and Notre Dame’s Pat Kavanagh was just a few votes shy of unanimous.

With the most players overall coming from Maryland. Georgetown has three first-team All-Americans, the most of any team.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... icks/58802

First Team
SSDM Roman Puglise Maryland
D Brett Makar Maryland

Second Team
A Logan Wisnauskas Maryland
M Kyle Long Maryland
M Jonathan Donville Maryland

Honorable Mention
Anthony DeMaio Maryland
Owen Prybylski Maryland
Logan McNaney Maryland
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

is there any confirmation that Trader is actually practicing with the team? He's on the roster, but that doesn't mean much if he's not out there.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

keno in reno wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:37 am is there any confirmation that Trader is actually practicing with the team? He's on the roster, but that doesn't mean much if he's not out there.
Where's he going to play even if he is on the team? Terps already have, at the very least, 9 guys who are likely to get playing time: Wisnauskas, Khan, Donville, Maltz, Long, DeMaio, Fairman, Murphy, Malever. That's already a full attack and two full midfield lines. And that's to say nothing of Spanos who I know you guys are excited about. (At this point we can probably assume Kelly, Brennan, Koras x2, Goforth won't play much, if at all, this year — barring several injuries ahead of them.) Not sure where Trader can find time except perhaps as a rotational 2nd line middie at best, especially since he wasn't with the team in the fall. Tough to make a big enough impression to the point where you're bumping one of those other guys out of their presumed spots.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:46 am
keno in reno wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:37 am is there any confirmation that Trader is actually practicing with the team? He's on the roster, but that doesn't mean much if he's not out there.
Where's he going to play even if he is on the team? Terps already have, at the very least, 9 guys who are likely to get playing time: Wisnauskas, Khan, Donville, Maltz, Long, DeMaio, Fairman, Murphy, Malever. That's already a full attack and two full midfield lines. And that's to say nothing of Spanos who I know you guys are excited about. (At this point we can probably assume Kelly, Brennan, Koras x2, Goforth won't play much, if at all, this year — barring several injuries ahead of them.) Not sure where Trader can find time except perhaps as a rotational 2nd line middie at best, especially since he wasn't with the team in the fall. Tough to make a big enough impression to the point where you're bumping one of those other guys out of their presumed spots.
Think the assumption has been he’d probably start at shortie. Which of course has 4 guys returning there, but you can never have too many of those
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

I thought I saw on the MD 24x7 forum that someone said Trader did not show up to spring practice and there was talk he may be in line for some serious PT at safety on the football team next year. No inside information though, but if the second part of that is true then I expect the first part is also, and you'll be able to catch him at the MD Spring Football game.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:46 am
Brennan looked pretty darn good 2 years ago as a true freshman. Better than 2 of the senior statesmen assumed to be penciled in the lineup, so hopefully he gets an even chance. And if Spanos can draw a pole (remember the championship game), then he may be in there as well.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”