All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:00 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:34 pm The U.S. may have happy feet when it comes to omicron. Picture is looking less rosy than earlier in Europe. A number of infectious disease and epidemiology experts are warning that we are not following the curves seen in Europe and South Africa. We are looking worse. It will be at least a week to a couple more weeks before we have a clear picture of how bad it will be.
Anyone checked in on what the flu is up to this season?
we've got omicron. it's like the flu.
If you are vaccinated.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:16 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:34 pm The U.S. may have happy feet when it comes to omicron. Picture is looking less rosy than earlier in Europe. A number of infectious disease and epidemiology experts are warning that we are not following the curves seen in Europe and South Africa. We are looking worse. It will be at least a week to a couple more weeks before we have a clear picture of how bad it will be.
If you are vaccinated.
Well, if the last month or so has taught us nothing else, we've learned that if you can stand in line for hours to get a test it's now safe to vote in person.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

get it to x wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:23 am
If you are vaccinated.
Well, if the last month or so has taught us nothing else, we've learned that if you can stand in line for hours to get a test it's now safe to vote in person.
It’s “safer”. Particularly since we have vaccines now. Did you vote in person during the last presidential election? I did. A lot of people did. Remember the lines?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

If you are vaccinated.
Fact checked = False.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:43 am
If you are vaccinated.
Fact checked = False.
Weren’t you vaccinated? You meant to reply to my buddy above if something is false. I was making a finer distinction than him. Why my post for your fact check?

https://www.inquirer.com/health/coronav ... 20107.html
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:48 am
If you are vaccinated.
Fact checked = False.
Weren’t you vaccinated? You meant to reply to my buddy above if something is false. I was making a finer distinction than him. Why my post for your fact check?

Yes, I was vaccinated. Your reply was in sequence of the entire conversation at hand...nothing personal, just flowing with the conversation. I simply know too many people that have not been vaccinated and now run around arguing the flu has been worse, that is what prompted my reply.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 9:08 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:48 am
If you are vaccinated.
Fact checked = False.

Yes, I was vaccinated. Your reply was in sequence of the entire conversation at hand...nothing personal, just flowing with the conversation. I simply know too many people that have not been vaccinated and now run around arguing the flu has been worse, that is what prompted my reply.
OK. And do you believe them? or was your “fact check” in jest?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:39 am
If you are vaccinated.
It’s “safer”. Particularly since we have vaccines now. Did you vote in person during the last presidential election? I did. A lot of people did. Remember the lines?
I appreciated the drop box process...very easy. Simple, swift.
Was able to validate my vote was received very easily as well.

I don't have an issue with standing in line, but I live in an affluent area with my voting center 5 minute drive, never have had to wait even an hour to get through the whole process...no splitting into lines for different parties, plenty of machines and poll workers...but imagine being in a situation where one needs to drive 45 minutes to the voting place (or not on a public transportation route), then being told that your party, which has many more voters than the other party has the same # of machines as the other party...and so, you need to stand in line 6 hours while the other party's voters slide through in under an hour? And your employer doesn't give you paid time off? Then they shorten the hours for weekend voting, making lines much longer...

YUP, that's what's been happening...voting centers have been getting closed where easy to get to for the pop that needs public transportation and relocated out of town, necessitating a drive or long walk from public transport. Other places are playing this nonsensical game with voting machines.

Might as well do a poll tax, or literacy test, or require ownership of property...all have the same purpose. Discourage voting by some citizens.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:24 am
If you are vaccinated.

I don't have an issue with standing in line, but I live in an affluent area with my voting center 5 minute drive, never have had to wait even an hour to get through the whole process...no splitting into lines for different parties, plenty of machines and poll workers...but imagine being in a situation where one needs to drive 45 minutes to the voting place (or not on a public transportation route), then being told that your party, which has many more voters than the other party has the same # of machines as the other party...and so, you need to stand in line 6 hours while the other party's voters slide through in under an hour? And your employer doesn't give you paid time off? Then they shorten the hours for weekend voting, making lines much longer...

YUP, that's what's been happening...voting centers have been getting closed where easy to get to for the pop that needs public transportation and relocated out of town, necessitating a drive or long walk from public transport. Other places are playing this nonsensical game with voting machines.
I don’t understand why people want to make it harder instead of easier for Americans to vote. This isn’t Kazakhstan.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:35 am
If you are vaccinated.

I don’t understand why people want to make it harder instead of easier for Americans to vote. This isn’t Kazakhstan.
Some would like it to be....or Hungary...or Russia...or Belarus...
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

If you are vaccinated.

I'm 100% positive you do understand why.
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:36 am
If you are vaccinated.

I'm 100% positive you do understand why.
You are 100% correct.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Back to COVID:
Hospitalizations are the issue, 65% increase nationally over two weeks. All states increasing, some hugely.

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/p ... ust-2.html

Not only do the costs of these hospitalizations get borne by all taxpayers and insurance payers, the other reason for concern is access to care for non-Covid related issues, whether chronic diseases or trauma.

Kid gets in a car accident, how long does it take for him to get processed, into surgery and into a bed? In time?

Heart attack, stroke...simply diabetes check-up...
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:42 am Back to COVID:
Hospitalizations are the issue, 65% increase nationally over two weeks. All states increasing, some hugely.

Not only do the costs of these hospitalizations get borne by all taxpayers and insurance payers, the other reason for concern is access to care for non-Covid related issues, whether chronic diseases or trauma.

Kid gets in a car accident, how long does it take for him to get processed, into surgery and into a bed? In time?

Wife’s nephew had a stroke on Christmas eve. Had my brother-in-law not had contacts in John Hopkins Hospital, it would not have been good. He’s in the pharmaceutical industry and had long term relationships at the hospital. That’s not true for most people.
a fan

Post by a fan »

moved
Last edited by a fan on Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:31 pm
If you are vaccinated.
So again, why don't Republicans eliminate absentee ballots? Aren't you the least bit curious as to why they're not doing that?
you guys are running a very fine line of bringing politics into my all things coronavirus thread.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:40 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:31 pm
If you are vaccinated.
So again, why don't Republicans eliminate absentee ballots? Aren't you the least bit curious as to why they're not doing that?
you guys are running a very fine line of bringing politics into my all things coronavirus thread.
In the Politics section...but I agree, ballots and voting rights are clearly off topic.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:42 am Back to COVID:

Wife’s nephew had a stroke on Christmas eve. Had my brother-in-law not had contacts in John Hopkins Hospital, it would not have been good. He’s in the pharmaceutical industry and had long term relationships at the hospital. That’s not true for most people.
Yup, most people don't...my family enjoys a lot of great relationships at Hopkins as well, various close friends on staff at high levels, mom was very heavily involved in Women's Board for many years, sister is now. Connections were tapped heavily when my mom had a very severe case of pneumonia, and throughout my dad's bout with cancer...even tapped it for a friend who needed psychiatric care in an emergency situation.

Fantastic hospital for very serious problems...less wonderful for your routine stuff, but if you have an unusual case of anything, they're among the best in the world...

Great spillover effect of Hopkins trained docs into health systems in region.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:57 pm Where did omicron come from?
UK Dr. posted on this Wedensday...fast forward to final few minutes: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1687&p=318072#p318072

Goes into more depth of that paper here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH1u1GIPU2A
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”