All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Kismet

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Kismet »

smoova wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:42 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:39 pm Once Biden and his team decide to only look at hospital and death numbers for the vaccinated? The pandemic is over, and everyone will move on.
Amen.
Yep. These folks are greasing the skids for the ultimate pivot.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2787944

And, again, I agree the Feds should stop talking so much especially Fauci who is on all channels all the time...every day all hours of every day. Makes one wonder when does he actually work on the problem?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

smoova wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:42 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 5:39 pm Once Biden and his team decide to only look at hospital and death numbers for the vaccinated? The pandemic is over, and everyone will move on.
Amen.
+1
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

So as long as there are no exposures, do employees have to tell their employers if they have/had covid?

Especially now with the quarantine days being lessened to what, 5?

Interested to hear some thoughts.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

... familiar story. Poor sweet baby didn't get his due; he is not as famous as he should be; the industry stole his money; its all the fault of people like Fauci ... :roll:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:13 am So as long as there are no exposures, do employees have to tell their employers if they have/had covid?

AS far as I have read, no. So long as HR has no reason to notify associates or other business relationships within your circle of scope. Yet, I am willing to bet, they want employees to do so without employees knowing the why.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Bart

Post by Bart »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:13 am So as long as there are no exposures, do employees have to tell their employers if they have/had covid?

Where I work, yes. HR is to be notified for a positive test. We fill out a form every day attesting to certain things.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 6:56 am

AS far as I have read, no. So long as HR has no reason to notify associates or other business relationships within your circle of scope. Yet, I am willing to bet, they want employees to do so without employees knowing the why.
We have recently adopted new COVID-19 policies due to Omincron. They are stricter than CDC. I have head some complaints. I told a friend that was complaining to go get boosted and he won’t have to worry about it. We can’t afford to shut down because knuckle heads have infected folks and we can’t get stuff done.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Bart,
So your job requires an attestation daily?

What do you do? Do you have a lot of contact with coworkers and/or the public?

I get notifying on a positive test. The problem this week is the lack of tests. And that boosters/ vaccines arent as effective as hoped against omicron.

TLD, what is your booster timeframe? Based off of?
Bart

Post by Bart »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:55 am Bart,

I get notifying on a positive test. The problem this week is the lack of tests. And that boosters/ vaccines arent as effective as hoped against omicron.

Work at a College.

I come in contact with 100-200+ individuals daily during the semester. Some on a chance encounter and many in a lab setting. Everyone here is supposed to do this.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Bart wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:07 am

Work at a College.

I come in contact with 100-200+ individuals daily during the semester. Some on a chance encounter and many in a lab setting. Everyone here is supposed to do this.
Interesting. So does my wife. The policies are much more slack. So she BYO HEPA filters/N95s etc.
Typical Lax Dad

Based off of scientific consensus that supports waning protection and the observation that boosted folk ain’t been in the hospital as much. You don’t have to work for us if you don’t want to. We are mandating boosters but non booster personnel protocols are different than protocols for the boosted. Animals aren’t running our farm and we run an ethical business so we aren’t looking to work around our responsibility to our clients and community.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:12 am

Based off of scientific consensus that supports waning protection and the observation that boosted folk ain’t been in the hospital as much. You don’t have to work for us if you don’t want to. We are mandating boosters but non booster personnel protocols are different than protocols for the boosted. Animals aren’t running our farm and we run an ethical business so we aren’t looking to work around our responsibility to our clients and community.
I get you think you are doing it right. But what is your booster frequency? Daily, monthly, 6 mos? a year? Brand?
Based off of what scientific finds/studies exactly? I cant find anything that is definitive about boosters.
Like to go to HR with something, but I can't say, "there's scientific consensus" without actual information.
smoova

Post by smoova »

We have a national workforce that is going 24/7, so we use an app called CheckIn2Work that requires daily completion/submission of 4 questions prior to reporting to work: recent test results, recent exposure, current symptoms and current temp. We hired Axiom to assist our HR group with managing quarantine protocols (in-line with CDC) and application for each employee based on vax status.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:21 am

I get you think you are doing it right. But what is your booster frequency? Daily, monthly, 6 mos? a year? Brand?
Based off of what scientific finds/studies exactly? I cant find anything that is definitive about boosters.
Like to go to HR with something, but I can't say, "there's scientific consensus" without actual information.
on boosters, CDC has published the recommended schedule...they've modified as they've had additional data.

6 months after 2nd dose for Moderna, 5 months for Pfizer, 2 months for J&J one dose...we should expect a 4th dose recommendation coming...Israel already implementing for higher risk patients.

Use the CDC for "scientific consensus"...won't be "perfect" but that's the best marker.

Don't go to them for bomb removal...not their area.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

smoova wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:31 am

We have a national workforce that is going 24/7, so we use an app called CheckIn2Work that requires daily completion/submission of 4 questions prior to reporting to work: recent test results, recent exposure, current symptoms and current temp. We hired Axiom to assist our HR group with managing quarantine protocols (in-line with CDC) and application for each employee based on vax status.
Thanks. Used something similar for coaching. It didn't even cross my mind that there would be one for work, Duh!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:55 pm Your arguing Fauci was not the leader of covid science....mmmm okay. We’ve officially entered the Afan spin zone. The elected officials with spines, weighted all options, most everyone else,,,, worshipped Fauxci.

Look no further that Chicago schools....why are they not listening to Biden about school safety, oh you know why....might have something to do with Fauci messaging.
First of all, that's a political spat between a Union and the Mayor...but it's hilarious you think the union is listening to Fauci.
The hillarious part is that you have all answers....just depends on who you are replying to. ;) So tell us, I'm all ears, who are the dues paying union members listening to, so much so that their leadership is listening to them and making these demands?[/quote]

a fan wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:51 pm You're not in policy/academic circles, my man. Fauci isn't the only person in America with medical bona fides. States have been operating independently this entire pandemic, whether you want to admit it or not. All Fauci does is advise. And as I said before....ever single State is doing its own thing...my point is right there for you to see....Chicago is handling schools, for example, differently than Denver.

That's all you need to see to understand that Fauci ain't leading doodly---- if he were, everyone would be doing the same thing. That ain't happening.
You are in la la land if you think Fauxi is not 'the man' driving the message to which all others use as the barometer for all things cv-19. He's only the most important man in infectious disease in the USA; he loves to let us all know each day.

I'm waiting......if not him, than who(m)?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:42 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:21 am

on boosters, CDC has published the recommended schedule...they've modified as they've had additional data.

6 months after 2nd dose for Moderna, 5 months for Pfizer, 2 months for J&J one dose...we should expect a 4th dose recommendation coming...Israel already implementing for higher risk patients.

Use the CDC for "scientific consensus"...won't be "perfect" but that's the best marker.

Don't go to them for bomb removal...not their area.
I see they (CDC) also changes the definition for fully vaccinated to "up to date".
~Livy
smoova

Post by smoova »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:52 am I see they (CDC) also changes the definition for fully vaccinated to "up to date".
Seems reasonable based on varying first-round completion schedules - e.g. someone who received their second Pfizer dose two months ago is not yet eligible for a booster.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

smoova wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:08 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 9:52 am I see they (CDC) also changes the definition for fully vaccinated to "up to date".
Seems reasonable based on varying first-round completion schedules - e.g. someone who received their second Pfizer dose two months ago is not yet eligible for a booster.
Agreed. And the timing of this change is pushing on the mandate date....which is also a line item to address that has currently NOT been part of the original "vaccinated requirement". Another evolution in the ongoing process.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”