All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

a fan

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:30 pm At a time when the U.S. needed Covid-19 dialogue between scientists, Francis Collins moved to shut it down

This week, emails released through a Freedom of Information Act request filed by the American Institute for Economic Research revealed what I see as worrisome communication between Francis Collins, Anthony Fauci, and others within the National Institutes of Health in the fall of 2020. At issue was the Great Barrington Declaration, an open letter written in October 2020 and eventually signed by thousands of scientists. It argues that Covid-19 policy should focus on protecting the elderly and vulnerable, and largely re-open society and school for others.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/12/23/at- ... t-it-down/
You seem to want our health leaders to move by committee-------to let hundreds and hundreds of scientists...many not even American...... to constantly debate what we should do as a nation, in real time, all while we're in the middle of a pandemic. Don't stifle any voices. Listen to every view. And repeat this process with every single choice we make surrounding the pandemic.

Do I have that right?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The right way. Sticks. Not carrots.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:43 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:30 pm At a time when the U.S. needed Covid-19 dialogue between scientists, Francis Collins moved to shut it down

This week, emails released through a Freedom of Information Act request filed by the American Institute for Economic Research revealed what I see as worrisome communication between Francis Collins, Anthony Fauci, and others within the National Institutes of Health in the fall of 2020. At issue was the Great Barrington Declaration, an open letter written in October 2020 and eventually signed by thousands of scientists. It argues that Covid-19 policy should focus on protecting the elderly and vulnerable, and largely re-open society and school for others.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/12/23/at- ... t-it-down/
You seem to want our health leaders to move by committee-------to let hundreds and hundreds of scientists...many not even American...... to constantly debate what we should do as a nation, in real time, all while we're in the middle of a pandemic. Don't stifle any voices. Listen to every view. And repeat this process with every single choice we make surrounding the pandemic.

Do I have that right?
... the McDonalds declaration with a happy meal. :roll:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:56 pm The right way. Sticks. Not carrots.
Fustigation is persuasive…

Or is that too distasteful for some of the audience here?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

i understand one-way tickets to france are still available.
#amidoingthisrite?

imagine being one of the folks in charge of handing these passes out? a gold mine. there's risk, but fortune favors the brave.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:59 pm
#amidoingthisrite?

imagine being one of the folks in charge of handing these passes out? a gold mine. there's risk, but fortune favors the brave.
... like handing out indulgences in the Catholic Church.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

https://twitter.com/DrJBhattacharya/sta ... 30/photo/1

So everyone is A-Ok with the Collins' email? I love the use of "fringe" which includes a Nobel Prize winner.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:11 pm
#amidoingthisrite?

I am headed there either in March or August. Round Trip. Some new museums have opened that we want to see. Hoping to get to Marrakesh this year as well.

In the 16th century the first plot of land now covered by the Bourse de Commerce was used to build an hôtel particulier for Catherine de Medici, the longtime queen consort of France. All that remains of that initial period is the so-called Medici column in front of the building. In the late 18th century, the city erected a circular building on the site of the old Medici mansion for a grain exchange, setting a template that has been preserved ever since. A wooden dome destroyed in a fire was replaced by an iron dome, an addition that drew its share of criticism at the time. In his 1831 novel, Notre-Dame de Paris, Hugo poked fun at the building: “The dome of the Halle au Blé is an English jockey cap on a large scale.”
nice (not nice). you're a bird who needs his wings, you've been bottled up too long.

here's to walter reed and soccer balls, or herd immunity, or sumthin'.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:06 pm
#amidoingthisrite?

... like handing out indulgences in the Catholic Church.
the original greased grifters.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:31 pm
#amidoingthisrite?

I am headed there either in March or August. Round Trip. Some new museums have opened that we want to see. Hoping to get to Marrakesh this year as well.

In the 16th century the first plot of land now covered by the Bourse de Commerce was used to build an hôtel particulier for Catherine de Medici, the longtime queen consort of France. All that remains of that initial period is the so-called Medici column in front of the building. In the late 18th century, the city erected a circular building on the site of the old Medici mansion for a grain exchange, setting a template that has been preserved ever since. A wooden dome destroyed in a fire was replaced by an iron dome, an addition that drew its share of criticism at the time. In his 1831 novel, Notre-Dame de Paris, Hugo poked fun at the building: “The dome of the Halle au Blé is an English jockey cap on a large scale.”
what a shithole county to visit. :lol: ;)
... well the French do have a little different outlook on sex
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:28 pm
#amidoingthisrite?

nice (not nice). you're a bird who needs his wings, you've been bottled up too long.

here's to walter reed and soccer balls, or herd immunity, or sumthin'.
Vaccinated and boosted. Risk is low. Plan to get some traveling in this year. Including an F1 race. NCAA First Four In with HS teammates is also tentatively on the schedule.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:38 pm
#amidoingthisrite?

:lol: :lol: Maybe that why TLD wants to go 'back there' so badly. ;) :lol:
~Livy

ggait

Post by ggait »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:16 pm https://twitter.com/DrJBhattacharya/sta ... 30/photo/1

So everyone is A-Ok with the Collins' email? I love the use of "fringe" which includes a Nobel Prize winner.
110% fine with it.

Collins wasn’t calling for the GBD (basically herd immunity strategy) to be suppressed. It got lots of publicity when released in nov 2020.

Collins was calling for it to be responded to — you know free marketplace of ideas and all that. And folks decided the widely touted gbd wasn’t worth pursuing.

FYI, the Stanford Nobel laureate is not an md or an immunologist. Has no experience with infectious diseases. But the main gbd guys do. But folks were not convinced by their arguments.

Also, I’d note that the gbd was basically an anti lock down message pre vaccines. We were pretty much done with lock downs by the time it came out. Especially since the vaccines were right on the cusp of availability.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:42 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:38 pm
#amidoingthisrite?

:lol: :lol: Maybe that why TLD wants to go 'back there' so badly. ;) :lol:
When were you last there?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:16 pm https://twitter.com/DrJBhattacharya/sta ... 30/photo/1

I just....never read the comments, as they say. Your esteemed internet colleagues clearly didn't bother reading the email, either.

Here you have, in writing, evidence of the "Medical Establishment" doing EXACTLY what you've been asking them to do, tech.

They're looking at other paths to take in handling the US pandemic, suggested by other epidemiologists, and "publish a take down of its premises". Obviously, the context of the email is that Collins has read their theory in question, and (gasp) disagrees with it wholesale.

They're LITERALLY doing what you asked, Tech-----considering other options, and refuted the value of those options in full view of the public. Hence the word "publish".

My question to you is: why aren't you cheering this email?

BTW, I LOVE your esteemed colleagues predictable response......"This is outrageous. He and TheExperts™ conspired to stifle free speech
He was part of a coordinated effort to stop anyone including Nobel prize winners from challenging his approved #COVID19 narrative"

So now when a scientist suggests publicly refuting the premises of another scientist......It's stifling free speech. Neat-0.

I'm amazed that these geniuses can type. Or figure out how to turn a computer on.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

ggait wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:50 pm

110% fine with it.

Collins wasn’t calling for the GBD (basically herd immunity strategy) to be suppressed. It got lots of publicity when released in nov 2020.

Collins was calling for it to be responded to — you know free marketplace of ideas and all that. And folks decided the widely touted gbd wasn’t worth pursuing.

FYI, the Stanford Nobel laureate is not an md or an immunologist. Has no experience with infectious diseases. But the main gbd guys do. But folks were not convinced by their arguments.

Also, I’d note that the gbd was basically an anti lock down message pre vaccines. We were pretty much done with lock downs by the time it came out. Especially since the vaccines were right on the cusp of availability.
Wasn't calling to be suppressed? "There needs to be a quick and devastating takedown of its premises" :lol:

BTW, the GBD was about protecting the most vulnerable in our society (you know, sorta like Cuomo did with NYS nursing homes :roll: ) while keeping the economy and schools open, not "herd immunity" per se. It was about balance.

Return to “POLITICS”