Ivy League 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
RumorMill

Re: Ivy League 2022

Post by RumorMill »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:44 pm emblematic of the problem our nation is confronting in fighting misinformation and lies…
Yup
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

The Orfling wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:59 pm I think we will play the spring season.

1. All athletes have the ability to (and should) get the booster before they return to campus. The booster appears to reduce the risk of transmission meaningfully.

2. You can play and practice outdoors, even in colder environs -- transmission is meaningfully lower outdoors. Highly manage indoor interactions in locker rooms with rigorous masking. Use rapid daily tests to keep athletes with the virus out of the facility.

3. The athlete population looks more like the South Africa population (younger, fitter) in which hospitalizations were lower across the board.

4. In 2-3 weeks (by mid-January, hopefully) we should have more research that hopefully supports that although vaccine plus booster cannot prevent a good deal of breakthrough infections, it is highly protective against serious illness/hospitalization.

5. There is a decent chance that this will behave as it has done in other places -- a wave (now) that will recede quickly.

6. I don't think the Ivies can, for another year, cancel a full sports season without gutting their programs. I think they will realize this and keep playing this year.
Well said, Orfling! Harvard continued it's MBB schedule vs Howard. Yale postponed their Howard game. The risk for collegiate ice hockey without fans seems low. Between protective face masks, ice temperature and less physicality than the NHL, one would hope that this sport could go on. I agree that another cancelled season would really hurt Ivy sports recruiting.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

It is not misinformation to suggest that our 18-22 year old athletes are NOT dying from Covid. Had there been any deaths, the mass liberal media would have lost their minds. It's almost as if the left is hoping this continues. All I am saying is we know who the vulnerable are so lets take care of them and instead of bullying with the vaccine mandates, why are we not talking about thereupudics, herd immunity monoclonal antibodies, etc.
These girls and guys should be playing. As a father of two kids playing high level D1 lax and having an ear to what these kids have to deal with day to day, it is insane what all of them are going through. Even the most liberal players on the teams are saying it is all so hypocritical.
So many of them have had covid already and between the vaccines they received and antibodies from having it, they are safe. In fact, both kid's teams have had outbreaks of the seasonal flu and it kicked their collective butts much, much worse than covid. BTW, what happenned to the flu and why is it that noone wants to talk about that anymore. Many more kids die from that then covid.

If people really cared about covid, why are 200,000 people a month crossing our border illegally and then transported around the country and that is ok?

Complete Insanity.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

livelovelax wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:30 am It is not misinformation to suggest that our 18-22 year old athletes are NOT dying from Covid. Had there been any deaths, the mass liberal media would have lost their minds. It's almost as if the left is hoping this continues. All I am saying is we know who the vulnerable are so lets take care of them and instead of bullying with the vaccine mandates, why are we not talking about thereupudics, herd immunity monoclonal antibodies, etc.
These girls and guys should be playing. As a father of two kids playing high level D1 lax and having an ear to what these kids have to deal with day to day, it is insane what all of them are going through. Even the most liberal players on the teams are saying it is all so hypocritical.
So many of them have had covid already and between the vaccines they received and antibodies from having it, they are safe. In fact, both kid's teams have had outbreaks of the seasonal flu and it kicked their collective butts much, much worse than covid. BTW, what happenned to the flu and why is it that noone wants to talk about that anymore. Many more kids die from that then covid.

If people really cared about covid, why are 200,000 people a month crossing our border illegally and then transported around the country and that is ok?

Complete Insanity.
It’s good you are not making public health decisions in this country.

Rest assured that better informed and more rational minds are looking after the safety and health of your two kids and other student-athletes.

We are dealing with a pandemic that has already killed 800,000 Americans and 5.3 million people worldwide, including plenty of young people in their prime. Complete insanity would be prioritizing sports over public health.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Livelovelax ,

I think you’re on to something. “thereupudics” sounds like the answer, whatever that is.

And if it weren’t for illegal immigrants this whole pandemic would be in our rear-view mirror.

Now let me get back to watching Fox News. I’m running out of things to complain about.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

livelovelax wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:30 am It is not misinformation to suggest that our 18-22 year old athletes are NOT dying from Covid. Had there been any deaths, the mass liberal media would have lost their minds. It's almost as if the left is hoping this continues. All I am saying is we know who the vulnerable are so lets take care of them and instead of bullying with the vaccine mandates, why are we not talking about thereupudics, herd immunity monoclonal antibodies, etc.

Complete Insanity.
Gross misinformation, and the final paragraph is repeated disinformation. Dangerous stuff. Do you think all those healthy, young athletes never interact with the "vulnerable" in restaurants, stores, pizza places, classrooms, campus stores, at home on vacation, and so on. And because many "vulnerable" have swallowed the same bulls$$t you have, too many of them have shunned vaccination and are still very "vulnerable." See hospital overcrowding, largely the unvaccinated.
flyerfan17

Post by flyerfan17 »

Complete Insanity.
Unfortunately "safe" is a relative term. I know kids who have had covid, became fully vaccinated and now have covid again so antibodies and vaccines aren't going to keep them "safe" from getting it again. The good news is the second time they feel fine but positive all the same
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Henpecked wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:09 am Livelovelax ,

I think you’re on to something. “thereupudics” sounds like the answer, whatever that is.

And if it weren’t for illegal immigrants this whole pandemic would be in our rear-view mirror.

Now let me get back to watching Fox News. I’m running out of things to complain about.
:lol: 👏
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

livelovelax wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:30 am It is not misinformation to suggest that our 18-22 year old athletes are NOT dying from Covid. Had there been any deaths, the mass liberal media would have lost their minds. It's almost as if the left is hoping this continues.
Sure, it’s the people on “the left”—who are almost universally vaccinated and boostered compared with the approximately 50% of people in red states who haven’t received a single shot—that are hoping the pandemic continues.

Sigh.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I saw a comparison between 2 states a couple weeks ago. One was Indiana the other a NE state. I think maybe MA. Both states of similar size. Indiana had a vax rate of 55% and the other 75%+. Similar levels of infections but the deaths in Indiana were 5x higher
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

As per CDC data up to and including December 21st , MA has more deaths than Indiana. Only Maine and NH are lower and both have 1/5th the population of Indiana - you can fact check all of this. So please give us the state you are actually referencing or please don’t post data that is not corroborated by fact and/or is misleading due to a massive discrepancy in population.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Hopefully anyone who wants to can transfer in the next 3 weeks and still earn their Ivy League degrees.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HGK25 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:15 pm As per CDC data up to and including December 21st , MA has more deaths than Indiana. Only Maine and NH are lower and both have 1/5th the population of Indiana - you can fact check all of this. So please give us the state you are actually referencing or please don’t post data that is not corroborated by fact and/or is misleading due to a massive discrepancy in population.
Indiana and MA are of similar size. Mass is a little more populated. Deaths per capita are similar. Mass a little higher. Mass was hit early with the Pandemic and Indiana and the Midwest much later. I would like to know how the two compare for the calendar year…..I looked.

YTD: Mass about 7,300 deaths / Indiana about 9,100. Lesser population means Indiana has done worse. Check the Worldmeter.

Since September about 1,009 have died in Mass. and 5,000 in Indiana. Not a good look. Lack of vaccination penetration probably didn’t help.
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

HGK MA. Current situation. Importance of vaccination, TLD has the numbers.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

South Africa has passed its peak for the O variation. Down over 20%. US has reportedly reopened travel
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

OCanada wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 2:08 pm South Africa has passed its peak for the O variation. Down over 20%. US has reportedly reopened travel
I am hoping it moves about that quickly here but on a rolling regional basis. Early northeast exposure could hep Ivy League get on track sooner rather than later…. 🤞
“I wish you would!”
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all, and may 2022 be a good year, with all Ivy teams playing lacrosse. Let's be good to one another.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

FannOLax wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 8:53 am Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all, and may 2022 be a good year, with all Ivy teams playing lacrosse. Let's be good to one another.
Same! Wishing the best of the season to all of you and your families. Hoping we're all on here in April trading theories about who needs to win the ILT to give the Ivies max representation in the NCAA tournament.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

do they plan to have an Ivy Tourney in 2022?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

According to the Ivy League website, the men's and women's tourneys will be held the first weekend in May at sites TBD.
Finish Strong

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”