Conservatives and Liberals

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
a fan

Re: Conservatives and Liberals

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:05 am Give it a rest. You're just trying to stifle legit open debate. tedious.
:lol: Quite the opposite. You didn't WANT legit open debate when your team was doing it, OS. THAT is my entire point.

You didn't care. No examination. No discussion. No deficit worries. No worries for the future.

But, hey, if you're ready to go through all the economic damage that Trump did now-----great! Let's go.

(you and I both know you didn't care about what Trump did then, and you sure as *hit don't care now)
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:05 am What massive permanent spending did (R)'s ram through, outside the regular legislative process, like the (D)'s did with ACA/reconciliation & are now trying to do with BBB ? So long as one party does not hold the WH, House, & 60 Senate seats, spending is bi-partisan.
Yeah, like the first two years of Trump. I know. I like that you're trying to tell us that this spending is "outside of the regular legislative process".

Quick question, since you're pretending to care about spending bill passing using the "regular spending process": when was the last time Congress fulfilled one of its only Constitutional duties, and passed an annual budget.

I'll wait. Get back to me.
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:05 am If you want to restrain deficit spending, you'd oppose bypassing the normal Congressional process via gimmicks like reconciliation & stuffing so many spending programs into massive omnibus bills that members don't even know what they are voting for, let alone inform the citizens they represent.
You mean like when I offered Kramerica a steak dinner that he couldn't tell me what was in the three massive spending bills that Trump signed BEFORE Covid, and that didn't include any military spending? Like that?

But sure, tell me more about how now that you think someone with a D by their name might pass a bill, that you are pretending to care about the deficit or spending.

How about let's start here: comment on how Trump increased Federal spending by well over 60% in just four years.

Go ahead, let your concern over Big Government and the deficit rip, OS.....let's hear the complaints!!

BTW, when do we get the peace dividend from Afghanistan, and start seeing military spending cuts, OS? Our Troops are gone, and you claimed that Trump rebuilt our military with his spending....so when do we start cutting, and by how much? 20%? 30%?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:24 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:05 am Give it a rest. You're just trying to stifle legit open debate. tedious.
:lol: Quite the opposite. You didn't WANT legit open debate when your team was doing it, OS. THAT is my entire point.

You didn't care. No examination. No discussion. No deficit worries. No worries for the future.

But, hey, if you're ready to go through all the economic damage that Trump did now-----great! Let's go.

(you and I both know you didn't care about what Trump did then, and you sure as *hit don't care now)
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:05 am What massive permanent spending did (R)'s ram through, outside the regular legislative process, like the (D)'s did with ACA/reconciliation & are now trying to do with BBB ? So long as one party does not hold the WH, House, & 60 Senate seats, spending is bi-partisan.
Yeah, like the first two years of Trump. I know. I like that you're trying to tell us that this spending is "outside of the regular legislative process".

Quick question, since you're pretending to care about spending bill passing using the "regular spending process": when was the last time Congress fulfilled one of its only Constitutional duties, and passed an annual budget.

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:05 am If you want to restrain deficit spending, you'd oppose bypassing the normal Congressional process via gimmicks like reconciliation & stuffing so many spending programs into massive omnibus bills that members don't even know what they are voting for, let alone inform the citizens they represent.
You mean like when I offered Kramerica a steak dinner that he couldn't tell me what was in the three massive spending bills that Trump signed BEFORE Covid, and that didn't include any military spending? Like that?

But sure, tell me more about how now that you think someone with a D by their name might pass a bill, that you are pretending to care about the deficit or spending.

How about let's start here: comment on how Trump increased Federal spending by well over 60% in just four years.

Go ahead, let your concern over Big Government and the deficit rip, OS.....let's hear the complaints!!

BTW, when do we get the peace dividend from Afghanistan, and start seeing military spending cuts, OS? Our Troops are gone, and you claimed that Trump rebuilt our military with his spending....so when do we start cutting, and by how much? 20%? 30%?
yada,yada,yada = smokescreen. What massive, long term spending did Trump cram through that did not get at least 60 Senate votes to reach the floor ? That required (D) approval = bipartisan.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:41 pm

yada,yada,yada = smokescreen. What massive, long term spending did Trump cram through that did not get at least 60 Senate votes to reach the floor ? That required (D) approval = bipartisan.
Smokescreen? :lol:

That's not a smokescreen. A smokescreen is that all you are perfectly fine making the Government 60% bigger----and the "reason" you're handing me that this spending is ok, is "because" some Democrats voted for it. "Therefore" making the Government 60% bigger in four years is fine. Dude. What the heck are you talking about? Who cares that Dems voted for it?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:27 pm

That's not a smokescreen. A smokescreen is that all you are perfectly fine making the Government 60% bigger----and the "reason" you're handing me that this spending is ok, is "because" some Democrats voted for it. "Therefore" making the Government 60% bigger in four years is fine. Dude. What the heck are you talking about? Who cares that Dems voted for it?
...you must, you are the one constantly keeping score by "team". Both "teams " agreed when emerg spending was needed.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

That's not a smokescreen. A smokescreen is that all you are perfectly fine making the Government 60% bigger----and the "reason" you're handing me that this spending is ok, is "because" some Democrats voted for it. "Therefore" making the Government 60% bigger in four years is fine. Dude. What the heck are you talking about? Who cares that SOME Dems voted for it?
Corrected it for you.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:32 pm

...you must, you are the one constantly keeping score by "team". Both "teams " agreed when emerg spending was needed.
Nope. I care that your team made government 60% larger than it was when Trump arrived, and neither noticed or cared because Trump is on your team.

THAT is why I keep saying "your team" OS. You didn't say a peep about it. Now that Biden has the wrong letter by his name? You and Kramerica (and others) get religion about spending.

Stop being so transparently partisan about every issue? I"ll GLADLY stop calling it "your team".

But sure, tell me again about how worried you are about Federal spending now that Trump is done doing his damage. It's touching.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:00 pm

Nope. I care that your team made government 60% larger than it was when Trump arrived, and neither noticed or cared because Trump is on your team.

THAT is why I keep saying "your team" OS. You didn't say a peep about it. Now that Biden has the wrong letter by his name? You and Kramerica (and others) get religion about spending.

Stop being so transparently partisan about every issue? I"ll GLADLY stop calling it "your team".

But sure, tell me again about how worried you are about Federal spending now that Trump is done doing his damage. It's touching.
It was necessary national security funding that had been deferred under Obama -- our military & VA were in bad shape, it cost to finish off ISIS, all passed with (D) votes. It was not increased entitlements. I thought you wanted to take care of our vets.

https://www.thebalance.com/trump-plans- ... bt-4114401
Trump increased military spending in Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 to $933 billion. That includes three components:

$636 billion base budget for the Department of Defense
$69 billion in overseas contingency operations for DoD to fight the Islamic State group
$229 billion to fund the other agencies that protect our nation, including the Department of Veterans Affairs ($105 billion), Homeland Security ($50 billion), the State Department ($44 billion), the National Nuclear Security Administration in the Department of Energy ($20 billion), and the FBI and Cybersecurity for the Department of Justice ($10 billion)
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:56 pm ...you're aware Manchin is a (D) right ? He & Sinema are not the only (D) Senators who don't want BBB, they can oppose it because it helps them at home. Were it not for them, the (R)'s would control the Senate & BBB would never reach the floor. Your beef is with your fellow (D)'s.

BBB, even more so than ACA, is full of multi-trillion $ entitlements that will never end nor ever be reduced,
...funded by piling them on an already unsustainable deficit.

Fundamental obligations & changes to our society of this magnitude require the full legislative process, rather than gimmicks like reconciliation.
My beef is that you're calling the D's "all-or-nothing scorched earth" when they clearly compromise within their party and with Republicans. They do it all the time, even in your own example where you said they don't.

R's seem to do it much less. Seems like they don't vote for things good for America if it gives D's a "win".
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:43 pm It was necessary national security funding that had been deferred under Obama -- our military & VA were in bad shape, it cost to finish off ISIS, all passed with (D) votes. It was not increased entitlements. I thought you wanted to take care of our vets.

Trump increased military spending in Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 to $933 billion. That includes three components:

$69 billion in overseas contingency operations for DoD to fight the Islamic State group
$229 billion to fund the other agencies that protect our nation, including the Department of Veterans Affairs ($105 billion), Homeland Security ($50 billion), the State Department ($44 billion), the National Nuclear Security Administration in the Department of Energy ($20 billion), and the FBI and Cybersecurity for the Department of Justice ($10 billion)
Yeah, that's just one bill, OS. What about the other spending bills Trump signed pre-Covid?
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:40 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:43 pm It was necessary national security funding that had been deferred under Obama -- our military & VA were in bad shape, it cost to finish off ISIS, all passed with (D) votes. It was not increased entitlements. I thought you wanted to take care of our vets.

Yeah, that's just one bill, OS. What about the other spending bills Trump signed pre-Covid?
That's where the increases were. It was natl security catch up.
The other ongoing govt stuff, debt, & existing entitlements still needed to be funded.
Read the rest of my link.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Neither Malia Obama, Sasha Obama, nor Chelsea Clinton was subpoenaed today.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:51 am Neither Malia Obama, Sasha Obama, nor Chelsea Clinton was subpoenaed today.
Perhaps the most most stupid post on this forum ever. Way to go Cornell. Does a subeona equate to being guilty of anything? I'm sure you were not a graduate of Cornell Law School. I'm more certain than ever you excelled at basket weaving and sold your wares at the Sunday flea markets in Ithaca. I'm guessing that is a personal attack. If it is.. well deserved on your part. :D
The tears you must have shed when Longaberger went OOB..
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:20 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:40 pm

That's where the increases were. It was natl security catch up.
The other ongoing govt stuff, debt, & existing entitlements still needed to be funded.
Read the rest of my link.
https://www.crfb.org/blogs/spending-has ... dent-trump

More importantly, https://www.newsweek.com/under-donald-t ... on-1561627
CU88

Post by CU88 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:31 am
CU88 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:51 am Neither Malia Obama, Sasha Obama, nor Chelsea Clinton was subpoenaed today.
Perhaps the most most stupid post on this forum ever. Way to go Cornell. Does a subeona equate to being guilty of anything? I'm sure you were not a graduate of Cornell Law School. I'm more certain than ever you excelled at basket weaving and sold your wares at the Sunday flea markets in Ithaca. I'm guessing that is a personal attack. If it is.. well deserved on your part. :D
You might be right, but here is the "...MOST MOST STUPID POST on this forum ever":

You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU88 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:55 pm
You might be right, but here is the "...MOST MOST STUPID POST on this forum ever":

How could I ever leave you??😘 It sounds like you had a bad day weaving baskets. What's the matter? Did you get a paper cut? :D
Bob Ross:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:13 am
CU88 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:55 pm

How could I ever leave you??😘 It sounds like you had a bad day weaving baskets. What's the matter? Did you get a paper cut? :D
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Ol' Uncle Cranky...he really OWNS them libs, don't he?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:42 am Ol' Uncle Cranky...he really OWNS them libs, don't he?

Why would I want to own any libs?? You folks are the modern day equivalent of Covid 19. You all are an infectious virus that there is no vaccine to prevent you all spreading your disease. For this old angry, hateful white guy.. I triple mask and wear a hazmat suit when in close proximity to any FLP liberal.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:42 am Ol' Uncle Cranky...he really OWNS them libs, don't he?

😘
Bob Ross:
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:43 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:00 pm

It was necessary national security funding that had been deferred under Obama -- our military & VA were in bad shape, it cost to finish off ISIS, all passed with (D) votes. It was not increased entitlements. I thought you wanted to take care of our vets.

Military benefits aren’t entitlements?

So, in your opinion, what is an “entitlement”?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”