All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:13 am
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:57 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:34 pm
smoova wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:55 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:49 pm Trump made them do it, even though he's been gone for a year.
Squidward's right on this: Trump's a symptom, not a cause - there'd be just as many (or more?) anti-vaxxers in red states/counties if Hillary had won in 2016.
Most of the folks being labeled as antivaxxers, aren't antivaxxers. They are nut job Trump supporters. There are antivaxxers that are democratic voters, there are antivaxxers that are republican voters. Most of the people who aren't getting vaccinated are Trump supporters. Has nothing to do with antivax. These people are you can't tell me what to do types - just like Trump. They don't like anything where someone smarter than them tells them they should do it, let alone mandate it. They are life's losers! Europe has similar losers.
Trump is why Europe has all those unvaxxed life's losers too.
Trump is why the delta & omicron variants developed in the USA, probably in De(ath)Santis' FL.
USA has twice the number of vax refusers (or more) than all of our first world peer countries.

Only slightly fewer than Russia has. We are very much an outlier on this. Which is embarrassing depressing and dangerous.

What the heck is wrong with our country?
twice as many or more than all countries? if i can ask, where did you get this information?

i pulled up just... germany. who we are supposed to be. both countries 74% partially vaxxed. germany 71% fully and u.s. 62% fully.

maybe the stats are wrong.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:15 am
ggait wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:13 am
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:57 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:34 pm
smoova wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:55 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:49 pm Trump made them do it, even though he's been gone for a year.
Squidward's right on this: Trump's a symptom, not a cause - there'd be just as many (or more?) anti-vaxxers in red states/counties if Hillary had won in 2016.
Most of the folks being labeled as antivaxxers, aren't antivaxxers. They are nut job Trump supporters. There are antivaxxers that are democratic voters, there are antivaxxers that are republican voters. Most of the people who aren't getting vaccinated are Trump supporters. Has nothing to do with antivax. These people are you can't tell me what to do types - just like Trump. They don't like anything where someone smarter than them tells them they should do it, let alone mandate it. They are life's losers! Europe has similar losers.
Trump is why Europe has all those unvaxxed life's losers too.
Trump is why the delta & omicron variants developed in the USA, probably in De(ath)Santis' FL.
USA has twice the number of vax refusers (or more) than all of our first world peer countries.

Only slightly fewer than Russia has. We are very much an outlier on this. Which is embarrassing depressing and dangerous.

What the heck is wrong with our country?
twice as many or more than all countries? if i can ask, where did you get this information?

i pulled up just... germany. who we are supposed to be. both countries 74% partially vaxxed. germany 71% fully and u.s. 62% fully.

maybe the stats are wrong.
You are technically correct, wgdsr, though not sure where you get the notion that Germany is "who we are supposed to be".

The statement "twice the number of vax refusers (or more) than all of our first world peer countries." is incorrect if looking at individual countries and % of pop, but (if I'm not mistaken in reading the charts) we are indeed the worst vaccinated of any developed country in the world, any continent.

Germany is the closest to us and has, according to your data cited, ~25% fewer unvaccinated fully than the US...and that's the closest "peer". Not "twice", but a lot.

This gets way worse when we look at certain regions or many states of the US of comparable size, whether geographically or population, to many of these peer counties. The US has only 8 states with 70% fully vaccinated (ie ~ Germany, the worst of our developed peers), and 26 states below 60%, nearly or all 'red'....16 states at or below 55%. All red.

In a country where vaccinations are free and plentiful.

I'm not sure how we compare with peers in % of boosted, which is what we really need at this point.

The fundamental point is that we're the worst of the developed countries and it appears that our worst performing areas are 'red'. That's the portion of the population dragging us down way below our developed country peers.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:35 am
Bart wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:39 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:59 pm https://justthenews.com/nation/religion ... -religious

So, I’m curious how people who volunteered to join an organization that specializes in violence and often killing can claim a religious exemption. What church is that, the Holy Sepulcher of Cognitive Dissonance?

Here’s a thought for dealing with these twits.

Your solution is to club them to death?
Thank you, my reaction as well. One of the most disgusting posts ever.
"An organization that specializes in violence"? That's one helluva a way
to look at our men and women in uniform, meanwhile the civilian calls
for clubbing his fellow citizens. The psychological damage covid is doing
is at least equal to the physical damage if not worse.
Maybe this is a better way to get people to see things your way?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_mASr1djMM
Live by the club, die by the club.

Don’t like human hypocrisy? Familiar with satire? Or did you skip that in pursuit of your professional wage-slave training?

Humans are supposed to have higher order mental faculties, but behave in ways they suggest they don’t.

You think you’re more “advanced” than other organisms? Check your cultural artifacts, please.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:58 am
Humans are supposed to have higher order mental faculties, but behave in ways they suggest they don’t.

You think you’re more “advanced” than other organisms? Check your cultural artifacts, please.
The irony here is fantastic.
DMac

Post by DMac »

PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:59 pm https://justthenews.com/nation/religion ... -religious

So, I’m curious how people who volunteered to join an organization that specializes in violence and often killing can claim a religious exemption. What church is that, the Holy Sepulcher of Cognitive Dissonance?

Don’t like human hypocrisy? Familiar with satire? Or did you skip that in pursuit of your professional wage-slave training?

None of this changes my opinion of your vile and repugnant post.
Deflect at pleasure..
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:44 pm

None of this changes my opinion of your vile and repugnant post.
Deflect at pleasure..
World too harsh and challenging for you? I’ve got some bad news about the future for you. Going to be a dearth of “safe spaces”.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DMac

Post by DMac »

Now you're just being an aszwhole.
Too harsh and challenging for me?
Hardly my friend. As for the future,
that's yours, not mine. Enjoy.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Follow the science they say :lol: Seems they can not even agree on a big ass object orbiting in space. And we are to follow the science about a virus we can not even see, that can mutate on a dime and trust with certainty it has no ill effects on our body. Maybe Biden can mandate that Pluto will forever be a planet ;) :lol: https://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/p ... s-rcna8848

#BabylonYouthAthletics :P
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:57 pm Follow the science they say :lol: Seems they can not even agree on a big ass object orbiting in space. And we are to follow the science about a virus we can not even see, that can mutate on a dime and trust with certainty it has no ill effects on our body. Maybe Biden can mandate that Pluto will forever be a planet ;) :lol: https://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/p ... s-rcna8848

Fauci now advising not to confuse children hospitalized with Covid with children hospitalized from Covid. They may have appendicitis and tested positive, but weren't admitted due to Covid. It's anybody's guess, but I wonder how many of our Covid deaths weren't of a similar scenario due to perverse financial incentives for hospitals.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

get it to x wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:59 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:57 pm Follow the science they say :lol: Seems they can not even agree on a big ass object orbiting in space. And we are to follow the science about a virus we can not even see, that can mutate on a dime and trust with certainty it has no ill effects on our body. Maybe Biden can mandate that Pluto will forever be a planet ;) :lol: https://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/p ... s-rcna8848

Fauci now advising not to confuse children hospitalized with Covid with children hospitalized from Covid. They may have appendicitis and tested positive, but weren't admitted due to Covid. It's anybody's guess, but I wonder how many of our Covid deaths weren't of a similar scenario due to perverse financial incentives for hospitals.
Gasp!

Not possible. Everyone knows hospital admins and insurance providers would never check a wrong (or a slightly similar box) just to benefit themselves!
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Never mind that actually Pluto never lost "planet" status - it was relegated to a new subclassification of planet called "dwarf planet". There is good science behind the reasoning to break out the dwarf planet class.

But scientists given a situation where you might have disagreement are always willing to argue about things. The paleontologists who opposed the idea that the dinosaur extinction was caused by an asteroid impact (they were in favor of volcanic action from the Deccan traps) still make their arguments that their idea is still significant.

Heck - Hoyle was convinced the Big Bank theory was junk until his death...years after it was pretty much universally accepted within the rest of the community.
Bart

Post by Bart »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:18 pm

Gasp!

Not possible. Everyone knows hospital admins and insurance providers would never check a wrong (or a slightly similar box) just to benefit themselves!
Last I knew the hospital admins were not signing death certificates.................
Bart

Post by Bart »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:21 pm

Never mind that actually Pluto never lost "planet" status - it was relegated to a new subclassification of planet called "dwarf planet". There is good science behind the reasoning to break out the dwarf planet class.

But scientists given a situation where you might have disagreement are always willing to argue about things. The paleontologists who opposed the idea that the dinosaur extinction was caused by an asteroid impact (they were in favor of volcanic action from the Deccan traps) still make their arguments that their idea is still significant.

Heck - Hoyle was convinced the Big Bank theory was junk until his death...years after it was pretty much universally accepted within the rest of the community.
It's what nerds do.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Can we pick and choose who we get to club to death or is it just military?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Bart wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:23 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:18 pm

Gasp!

Last I knew the hospital admins were not signing death certificates.................
Lack of oversight leads to corruption and bad actors. It just so happens that postmortem examinations are generally discouraged by government regulations due to the risk of spreading the disease further through the handling and dissection of bodies from patients who succumbed to COVID-19 infection...

Postmortem examinations should include upper and lower respiratory tract swabs from each lung, the use of appropriate PPE, and proper infection control practices. And that just wasn't happening for every case.

So who's to say?

Bag 'em. Tag 'em. No one's doing an postmortem examination.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:21 pm

it's planetism.
ggait

Post by ggait »

https://morningconsult.com/global-vaccine-tracking/

When it comes to vax deniers, we have twice as many (or more) as UK, Germany, Australia, Japan etc. etc.

Our peer country on vax stuff is Russia. So my excited posts about how a good chunk of our country has become DumbForkistan are perhaps not so unjustified as you might think....
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:28 pm https://morningconsult.com/global-vaccine-tracking/

When it comes to vax deniers, we have twice as many (or more) as UK, Germany, Australia, Japan etc. etc.

Our peer country on vax stuff is Russia. So my excited posts about how a good chunk of our country has become DumbForkistan are perhaps not so unjustified as you might think....
:roll: We also have a much larger population.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countr ... by-country
Vaxxed, on a per capita basis : Germany 73.6% US 73.4% BFD. Bavaria is redder than the rest of Germany.
Last edited by old salt on Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

ggait wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:28 pm https://morningconsult.com/global-vaccine-tracking/

thanks for putting context to your declarations. surveys of a couple thousand people in countries where the vaxx has been widely available for 6 to 9 months or more..

got it.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:38 pm

:roll: We also have a much larger population.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countr ... by-country
Vaxxed, on a per capita basis : Germany 73.6% US 73.4% BFD. Bavaria is redder than the rest of Germany.
Even Gibraltar got hit hard with a vaxx rate damned near 100%.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coro ... gibraltar/
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”