Princeton University - 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Pensky Material

Re: Princeton University - 2022

Post by Pensky Material »

livelovelax wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:52 am The collateral damage of what you call "civic duty" has been our kids and the mental anquish they have had to go through as well as lost livelihoods from businesses that were forced to shut down and for what?. The decision making regarding Covid has been inconsistent to say the least and hypocritical almost at every turn.
Managing risk has been taken off the table. With regards to the military analogy, my father and his WW2 buddies would be rolling over in their graves on how we have become sheep to this leftist fear mongering. I wonder how these folks would have reacted to President Trump forcing mandates upon our lives, our kids wearing masks and sheltering in place in year two of covid given all we know now? The same democratic administration that said they would never take the vaccine since they could not trust Trump. Wow! The same Joe Biden that said Trump had no plan but Biden did and he would end Covid. Where's the outrage about how he has botched his handling of this especially since he was given all the tools to do so. More lives lost under Biden than Trump and still not enough testing.
The same institutions making these archaic decisions are also allowing a transgender swimmer to compete against females. Man, we have lost our way as a country. We have become too worried about offending people and instead care more about diversity, inclusion and equity instead of using common sense to quide us.
Well said!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Pensky Material wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:36 pm
livelovelax wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:52 am The collateral damage of what you call "civic duty" has been our kids and the mental anquish they have had to go through as well as lost livelihoods from businesses that were forced to shut down and for what?. The decision making regarding Covid has been inconsistent to say the least and hypocritical almost at every turn.
Managing risk has been taken off the table. With regards to the military analogy, my father and his WW2 buddies would be rolling over in their graves on how we have become sheep to this leftist fear mongering. I wonder how these folks would have reacted to President Trump forcing mandates upon our lives, our kids wearing masks and sheltering in place in year two of covid given all we know now? The same democratic administration that said they would never take the vaccine since they could not trust Trump. Wow! The same Joe Biden that said Trump had no plan but Biden did and he would end Covid. Where's the outrage about how he has botched his handling of this especially since he was given all the tools to do so. More lives lost under Biden than Trump and still not enough testing.
The same institutions making these archaic decisions are also allowing a transgender swimmer to compete against females. Man, we have lost our way as a country. We have become too worried about offending people and instead care more about diversity, inclusion and equity instead of using common sense to quide us.
Well said!
The greatest generation were sheep:

“I wish you would!”
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:42 pm
Well said!

Fantastic, you won the argument. Well done sir! I'm sure that feels really good for you. Winning an argument is a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.

Unfortunately I'm fairly certain that ~none of the players on the Princeton roster will be appreciative of your heroic efforts. Most college kids have known this is all BS for two years. And if it isn't clear to you by now, you're well beyond assistance.

Carry on good man! Enjoy your victory!
Typical Lax Dad

JBFortunato wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 3:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:42 pm
Well said!

Fantastic, you won the argument. Well done sir! I'm sure that feels really good for you. Winning an argument is a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.

Unfortunately I'm fairly certain that ~none of the players on the Princeton roster will be appreciative of your heroic efforts. Most college kids have known this is all BS for two years. And if it isn't clear to you by now, you're well beyond assistance.

Carry on good man! Enjoy your victory!
I am not arguing. There aren’t many things in life really worth “arguing” about or getting “angry” about. Never thought I would see the day where the inability to play Ivy League or NESCAC lacrosse would be such a hardship. We HAVE gotten soft. I am confident we will see Ivy League lacrosse this Spring. Meanwhile on planet Earth:

https://goprincetontigers.com/sports/me ... core/17257

We will see what next week brings. So far, a game being played the other day is a good sign. 🤞
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Dec 29, 2021 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

+1
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

You sir define what getting soft really means. Making kids and younger people wear masks that most studies show do not work or by CDC standards, a virus that shows student athletes are not dying from is what makes us rubes or deplorables so upset about. Unless one is old or has underlying health issues, the "settled science" shows this whole thing has been handled wrong on so many levels. It is all about control and keeping power for a greater reset or social engineering effort by the left.
Too many double standards to say otherwise. How can we take this serious when the southern border is wide open to 200,000 illegals each month coming over without their shots or masks but we have to lock down. What a joke.
calourie

Post by calourie »

livelovelax wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:29 pm You sir define what getting soft really means. Making kids and younger people wear masks that most studies show do not work or by CDC standards, a virus that shows student athletes are not dying from is what makes us rubes or deplorables so upset about. Unless one is old or has underlying health issues, the "settled science" shows this whole thing has been handled wrong on so many levels. It is all about control and keeping power for a greater reset or social engineering effort by the left.
Too many double standards to say otherwise. How can we take this serious when the southern border is wide open to 200,000 illegals each month coming over without their shots or masks but we have to lock down. What a joke.
There are so many different and viable points of view than the monotone one you continually express livelov that it becomes obvious that making any effort to express them with you falls in the range of idiotically pointless, so I won't. I'll simply leave off with the fact that believing in your own "truths" or those made up by the endless conspiracy theorists doesn't make them true. Princeton, the Ivies and millions of educated, intelligent and/or well meaning people who make a determined effort to do what they think is right will carry on just fine without all your empty headed ax-grinding.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

I 100% agree with you ilovelax, but TLD, Doc B and MD Lax Fan (among many others) appear to relish/support all controls/restrictions imposed upon us due to this friggin virus. You can't win with them. Arguing with them is like banging your head on the wall. Best to just ignore them.

Best,
UP
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Throwing a tantrum because you’re asked to wear a mask during a pandemic is the very definition of soft.
Typical Lax Dad

Unknown Participant wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:44 pm I 100% agree with you ilovelax, but TLD, Doc B and MD Lax Fan (among many others) appear to relish/support all controls/restrictions imposed upon us due to this friggin virus. You can't win with them. Arguing with them is like banging your head on the wall. Best to just ignore them.

Best,
UP
Man not being able to go to a bar and a restaurant or on vacation is a killer. Oh well, back when we weren’t so soft:

And

“I wish you would!”
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:29 pm Throwing a tantrum because you’re asked to wear a mask during a pandemic is the very definition of soft.
This guy still arguing with someone about masks. :lol:
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Unfortunately public health became politicized about two weeks into the March 2020 onset of the pandemic. Cuomo became a national hero as a foil for Trump, and his brother enabled this every night on national TV, only to be discarded once their political usefulness ended. The turning point was June 2020 when political leaders who instituted lockdowns participated in protests over George Floyd, and the public health officials who advocated lockdowns supported protests claiming that racism was a greater public health risk that the virus. Many apolitical people whose kids suffered from school closings, who could not see loved ones in nursing homes and hospitals, and could not go to houses of worship saw the inconsistency in this. This puzzlement grew into anger as schools locked down for another academic year in many states. This conduct by public officials is what undermined their own standing, and this will last well after this sorry chapter is over.

So to have campus lockdowns at this stage of the game causes many reasonable people to be skeptical, if not angry.
    Typical Lax Dad

Jldlax wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:28 am
      Unfortunately public health became politicized about two weeks into the March 2020 onset of the pandemic. Cuomo became a national hero as a foil for Trump, and his brother enabled this every night on national TV, only to be discarded once their political usefulness ended. The turning point was June 2020 when political leaders who instituted lockdowns participated in protests over George Floyd, and the public health officials who advocated lockdowns supported protests claiming that racism was a greater public health risk that the virus. Many apolitical people whose kids suffered from school closings, who could not see loved ones in nursing homes and hospitals, and could not go to houses of worship saw the inconsistency in this. This puzzlement grew into anger as schools locked down for another academic year in many states. This conduct by public officials is what undermined their own standing, and this will last well after this sorry chapter is over.

So to have campus lockdowns at this stage of the game causes many reasonable people to be skeptical, if not angry.
      Which college is your kid in? Did he/she withdraw to preserve Ivy League eligibility? Are you considering entering your kid into the portal?
      “I wish you would!”
      Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:41 am

Which college is your kid in? Did he/she withdraw to preserve Ivy League eligibility? Are you considering entering your kid into the portal?
        I do not understand this response. My comments addressed the loss of credibility of public officials and public health during this pandemic. I do not have a kid in college at this time, playing sports. I do see the unreasonable nature of college based restrictions at this late date, however. My son spent 40% of his law school experience, his summer associate position, and much of his current work in a remote context. This deprived him of the richness of these experiences and the benefits of face to face interactions. I can only imagine the negative impact on undergrads who strived to get into a top school like Princeton and play an intercollegiate sport, only to forego the great experience it should have been.
        Typical Lax Dad

Jldlax wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:03 am
        Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:41 am

I do not understand this response. My comments addressed the loss of credibility of public officials and public health during this pandemic. I do not have a kid in college at this time, playing sports. I do see the unreasonable nature of college based restrictions at this late date, however. My son spent 40% of his law school experience, his summer associate position, and much of his current work in a remote context. This deprived him of the richness of these experiences and the benefits of face to face interactions. I can only imagine the negative impact on undergrads who strived to get into a top school like Princeton and play an intercollegiate sport, only to forego the great experience it should have been.
          Why are you in a Princeton 2022 lacrosse thread if this is your issue? Why not Conn College? Not sure there are public officials in any college lacrosse program. I figured you must have played there or have a kid in the program, since the issue moved you to post about it. Have you talked to players at any of these schools about their experiences? If so, what did you learn?

My daughter is working remotely right now and my son was home working for six months and will probably be here for 3 weeks until things quiet back down. They are sucking it up. This is no hardship. They are lucky.
          “I wish you would!”
          OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The ADs have a responsibility for the safety and health of their athletes and the people they interact with whether or not they are athletes. The ones i know take it seriously and are better informed than the vast majority of the population.
          sanelaxparent

Post by sanelaxparent »

I took a break from the Ivy League forums because there are a handful of posters who think they 'own' the conversation here and, when challenged, they question other posters' bona fides. I dont think you need to have attended an IL University or have a child there to venture an opinion on how that conference has handled its business over the past 2 years. Outside of the ivory tower of academia, plenty of normal people all over this country are looking at the 180 degree turns/hypocrisy/doublespeak of those in charge of making and implementing health policy and saying ENOUGH OF THIS BS. The IL couldn't make spring sports happen last year, but Stanford, Duke and Northwestern did, and that is worth a criticial conversation.
          Typical Lax Dad

OCanada wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:13 am The ADs have a responsibility for the safety and health of their athletes and the people they interact with whether or not they are athletes. The ones i know take it seriously and are better informed than the vast majority of the population.
          I have talked to many players at both Ivy League and NESCAC schools. Not a single player had a bad experience last year. Felt leaving school for a year was the right decision. Many worked (albeit remotely) You have 4 years generally on campus. Better to take a year off and have a more normal college experience upon return. The on campus experience last year wasn’t fun for anyone. The freshmen endured but they didn’t know any better. Nobody wants another lost season particularly if it wasn’t planned on. Last year was a Mulligan. Hopefully conditions on the ground have changed sufficiently enough for school officials to move forward with athletic competition and other activities. So far, it seems that is the direction we are headed.
          “I wish you would!”
          Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:21 am
          OCanada wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:13 am The ADs have a responsibility for the safety and health of their athletes and the people they interact with whether or not they are athletes. The ones i know take it seriously and are better informed than the vast majority of the population.
          I have talked to many players at both Ivy League and NESCAC schools. Not a single player had a bad experience last year. Felt leaving school for a year was the right decision. Many worked (albeit remotely) You have 4 years generally on campus. Better to take a year off and have a more normal college experience upon return. The on campus experience last year wasn’t fun for anyone. The freshmen endured but they didn’t know any better. Nobody wants another lost season particularly if it wasn’t planned on. Last year was a Mulligan. Hopefully conditions on the ground have changed sufficiently enough for school officials to move forward with athletic competition and other activities. So far, it seems that is the direction we are headed.
          One just hopes that schools recognize that school officials recognize the ability and need to move forward with normal activities, both athletic and otherwise. I am not optimistic, however. Yesterday, for instance, Georgetown announced that they're going remote again in January, and that triple-vaxxed students can only have meetings outside. Really?

It is easy for us to tell young people to "suck it up", and no, this is not the end of the world for them. But any unnecessary restrictions at this point are cruel.
          OCanada

Post by OCanada »

I don't think so.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”