All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

wgdsr

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by wgdsr »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:38 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:10 am we need a czar. everything always worked better when we had a czar. andrew or chris? i think they're both available.
I’m pretty busy. But I could find the time to be a czar.
i'd say apply. there can't be too many people proposing this yet, or it would've happened. the job description alone is money. get klaine as a reference, he's been there.
whaddayagottolose?
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:28 am https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... -oklahoma/

"A federal court on Tuesday denied a lawsuit filed by Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) that challenged the Pentagon’s military-wide coronavirus vaccine mandate by asking that the requirement be suspended for his state’s National Guard members.

Judge Stephen P. Friot sided with Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, who has said the mandate is needed to maintain a healthy force that is ready to act quickly. Friot also disagreed with Stitt’s assertion that the Pentagon was overstepping its constitutional authority, noting that guard members are already required to receive nine immunizations.

“Adding a tenth … vaccine to the list of nine that all service members are already required to take would hardly amount to ‘an enormous and transformative expansion [of the] regulatory authority’ the Secretary of Defense already possesses,” he wrote in his ruling.

The ruling boosts the legal standing of the military vaccine mandate as the Biden administration struggles to increase vaccination rates among Americans.

Tuesday’s decision comes a few weeks after the Republican governors of Alaska, Iowa, Mississippi, Nebraska and Wyoming urged the Pentagon to reconsider vaccine requirements for their National Guard contingents in a joint letter.

They argued — just as Stitt has done — that the National Guard is under the authority of each state’s governor unless activated by the president. This means, they said, that coronavirus vaccination requirements cannot be imposed by the defense secretary on their states’ National Guard members so long as the troops are not mobilized by the federal government.

Judge Friot’s ruling on Tuesday served as a de facto disagreement with that argument. It also rejected Stitt’s legal motion to suspend the Pentagon mandate in Oklahoma until the court could complete a fuller review of the military mandate.

“It is unmistakably clear that the intent of Congress … is that the Guard and its members will at all events be prepared, conformably to federal military standards, to be ordered into federal service … on little or no notice,” said Friot, who was nominated to his post by Republican President George W. Bush in 2001.

The Biden administration is “acting well within the authority granted by the Constitution and laws of the United States,” Friot added.

National Guard troops refusing vaccine will lose pay, Pentagon says, in warning shot to GOP-led states

Many states — sometimes successfully — have sought to convince courts to halt the Biden administration’s vaccine mandates, which have aimed to compel federal contractors, federal agencies, private businesses with 100 or more workers, and health-care facilities covered by Medicaid and Medicare to vaccinate their employees, minus those who have qualified for medical or religious exemptions.

Those states’ leaders, many of them Republicans, have said that the mandates infringe upon citizens’ rights to make their own medical decisions.

Stitt argued that the same logic applied to his state’s National Guard members. In a Nov. 2 letter to Austin, Stitt wrote that the “mandate violates the personal freedoms of many Oklahomans.” The defense secretary replied later that month: “The concerns raised in your letter do not negate the need for this important military readiness requirement.”

“All members of the Oklahoma Army and Air National Guard, regardless of duty status, must follow … COVID-19 vaccine compliance … requirements,” Austin wrote on Nov. 29. The mandate is needed to fight the coronavirus, which “jeopardizes our ability to meet mission requirements,” he said.

The deadlines for the military’s coronavirus vaccine requirement differ depending on branch and active-duty status. For the Air National Guard, the mandate took effect early this month but was extended to Dec. 31 last week. For the Army National Guard, the deadline is June.

Troops who do not meet the vaccine requirement and do not qualify for an exemption are subject to penalties that may include forfeiture of pay or forcible separation from the military."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Military at the ready, 1: Idiots, 0.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:28 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:10 am we need a czar. everything always worked better when we had a czar. andrew or chris? i think they're both available.
Happy New Year.
happy new year, tld. it's gonna be a great one.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:08 pm
i'd say apply. there can't be too many people proposing this yet, or it would've happened. the job description alone is money. get klaine as a reference, he's been there.
whaddayagottolose?
Got it. Putting you down as a reference.
ggait

Post by ggait »

tech37 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:57 am
Perhaps in time new Covid vaccines will be developed that don't carry the same stigma for many that the current ones seem to and more people will voluntarily get vaccinated.
Tech -- you think our USA mouth breathers would be willing to take the Baylor vaccine?

No Big Pharma involved. No Deep State government overlords involved either. Cooked up in a Bible college in red state Texas and funded by a local booze company? Cmon, MBs, what's not to like about this vax? They cooked it up in your kitchen!!!

But let's get real -- no forking way the MBs will take this shot either. They are just unreachable.

I mean Tito's Vodka is made in Austin -- which is basically Leningrad on the banks of Barton Creek. Maybe it would work if we could get a different vax funded instead by Jack Daniels or Fireball? And (uh-oh!!) Baylor also took in some funding from the WHO and...wait for it... the Gates Foundation. So it is just version 2.0 of that same old mind control micro-chip world domination plan....

The MBs won't put on the orange life vests (hi tech, Big Pharma, First World elites and all that). And they won't take put on the yellow life vests either. Or life vests that are blue or white or plaid.

Thank God that the more rational folks in Bangladesh and Sri Lanka will gladly and enthusiastically take their Baylor shots. Which may get us all (including our MB deplorable refuseniks from DumbForkistan) out of this mess.
Last edited by ggait on Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:14 pm
whaddayagottolose?
that's fine. just wait until i change my server location.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:16 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:14 pm
whaddayagottolose?
that's fine. just wait until i change my server location.
already have your mac address logged...too late, might need that new apple laptop, stat.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:40 am :lol: :lol: "What we thought"..... to hell with science all of a sudden: https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/stat ... 42114?s=20

Quite telling that now that they can no longer run and hide from the virus in their pretty little bubbles, do they begin to become rational. This must really chap the ass of those that worship 'the gospels according to fauci and the cdc'. :shock:
I've gathered that this is the FoxNation meme of the week.

I take it that none of you have noticed that they've moved their guidance again and again since the start of the pandemic?

Did you notice full football stadiums this past weekend? Did you see any of that in 2020? Conditions change, and the CDC changes with them.

What's so difficult to understand here? Too many big words? ;)
Last edited by a fan on Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:10 pm
seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:28 am https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... -oklahoma/

"A federal court on Tuesday denied a lawsuit filed by Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt (R) that challenged the Pentagon’s military-wide coronavirus vaccine mandate by asking that the requirement be suspended for his state’s National Guard members.

Judge Stephen P. Friot sided with Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin, who has said the mandate is needed to maintain a healthy force that is ready to act quickly. Friot also disagreed with Stitt’s assertion that the Pentagon was overstepping its constitutional authority, noting that guard members are already required to receive nine immunizations.

Adding a tenth … vaccine to the list of nine that all service members are already required to take would hardly amount to ‘an enormous and transformative expansion [of the] regulatory authority’ the Secretary of Defense already possesses,” he wrote in his ruling.

The ruling boosts the legal standing of the military vaccine mandate as the Biden administration struggles to increase vaccination rates among Americans.

Tuesday’s decision comes a few weeks after the Republican governors of Alaska, Iowa, Mississippi, Nebraska and Wyoming urged the Pentagon to reconsider vaccine requirements for their National Guard contingents in a joint letter.

They argued — just as Stitt has done — that the National Guard is under the authority of each state’s governor unless activated by the president. This means, they said, that coronavirus vaccination requirements cannot be imposed by the defense secretary on their states’ National Guard members so long as the troops are not mobilized by the federal government.

Judge Friot’s ruling on Tuesday served as a de facto disagreement with that argument. It also rejected Stitt’s legal motion to suspend the Pentagon mandate in Oklahoma until the court could complete a fuller review of the military mandate.

“It is unmistakably clear that the intent of Congress … is that the Guard and its members will at all events be prepared, conformably to federal military standards, to be ordered into federal service … on little or no notice,” said Friot, who was nominated to his post by Republican President George W. Bush in 2001.

The Biden administration is “acting well within the authority granted by the Constitution and laws of the United States,” Friot added.

National Guard troops refusing vaccine will lose pay, Pentagon says, in warning shot to GOP-led states

Many states — sometimes successfully — have sought to convince courts to halt the Biden administration’s vaccine mandates, which have aimed to compel federal contractors, federal agencies, private businesses with 100 or more workers, and health-care facilities covered by Medicaid and Medicare to vaccinate their employees, minus those who have qualified for medical or religious exemptions.

Those states’ leaders, many of them Republicans, have said that the mandates infringe upon citizens’ rights to make their own medical decisions.

Stitt argued that the same logic applied to his state’s National Guard members. In a Nov. 2 letter to Austin, Stitt wrote that the “mandate violates the personal freedoms of many Oklahomans.” The defense secretary replied later that month: “The concerns raised in your letter do not negate the need for this important military readiness requirement.”

“All members of the Oklahoma Army and Air National Guard, regardless of duty status, must follow … COVID-19 vaccine compliance … requirements,” Austin wrote on Nov. 29. The mandate is needed to fight the coronavirus, which “jeopardizes our ability to meet mission requirements,” he said.

The deadlines for the military’s coronavirus vaccine requirement differ depending on branch and active-duty status. For the Air National Guard, the mandate took effect early this month but was extended to Dec. 31 last week. For the Army National Guard, the deadline is June.

Troops who do not meet the vaccine requirement and do not qualify for an exemption are subject to penalties that may include forfeiture of pay or forcible separation from the military."
Bolded the key phrase that tells you how freaking stupid fake American Conservatives have become in 2021.

Anyone want to take a guess as to who wrote the mother*****ing regulations for the previous nine mandated vaccines for service members?

Pot smoking hippies? Or brush-cut wearing, hard as nails conservatives? Gee, that's a tough call.

Up is down. Down is up. My grandfather, who served in WWII, would be livid at this state of affairs were he still around.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Don’t tell Old Sailor
How outrageous is it that the Feds are allowed to use NG-ers as "lab rats" for this crazy untested Covid vaccine?

I mean there's only been 9.1 BILLION doses administered worldwide. That's just not enough data for god's sake!! You really can't know anything for sure for another 10 years and after we've had several trillion doses administered.

Then and only then we could (maybe) politely ask our NG-ers to consider getting the shots.

And there's just no legal precedent to do this. I mean it isn't like Gen. George Washington made his troops take a smallpox vax back in 1777, right?
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:49 pm
SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:10 pm

Adding a tenth … vaccine to the list of nine that all service members are already required to take would hardly amount to ‘an enormous and transformative expansion [of the] regulatory authority’ the Secretary of Defense already possesses,” he wrote in his ruling.

Bolded the key phrase that tells you how freaking stupid fake American Conservatives have become in 2021.

Anyone want to take a guess as to who wrote the mother*****ing regulations for the previous nine mandated vaccines for service members?

Pot smoking hippies? Or brush-cut wearing, hard as nails conservatives? Gee, that's a tough call.

Up is down. Down is up. My grandfather, who served in WWII, would be livid at this state of affairs were he still around.
With the current crowd, we would not have lasted 30 days in WWII if we have to rely on any of them in any material way. Let's hope some lunatic doesn't decide to take a flyer that given the current general perpetually ticked off and me first populace we'd be a pushover if someone were to start something.
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I know that asking for more than a minute and a half is stretching the attention span of most in this world today but I'm hoping there is someone who will watch this and come back and tell me why this guy is a nut and I shouldn't believe a word he says. TIA
https://americacanwetalk.org/dr-mark-mc ... 2-15-21-2/
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:10 pm I know that asking for more than a minute and a half is stretching the attention span of most in this world today but I'm hoping there is someone who will watch this and come back and tell me why this guy is a nut and I shouldn't believe a word he says. TIA
There are two classes of people in the country: the haves and have nots.

2% of people that have contracted the virus have died. Over 5 million deaths reported globally and the real number is expected to be between 15 and 20 million. If people are not afraid of that, they aren’t scared of anything. We were more afraid of a terrorists attack. Security in every building in this country changed almost overnight. Nobody complained.

https://www.futuremedicine.com/doi/10.2 ... -2021-0086

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothec ... d713423780
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:44 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:10 pm I know that asking for more than a minute and a half is stretching the attention span of most in this world today but I'm hoping there is someone who will watch this and come back and tell me why this guy is a nut and I shouldn't believe a word he says. TIA

2% of people that have contracted the virus have died. Over 5 million deaths reported globally and the real number is expected to be between 15 and 20 million. If people are not afraid of that, they aren’t scared of anything. We were more afraid of a terrorists attack. Security in every building in this country changed almost overnight. Nobody complained.

it's a shade under 2% now, as people in my neck of the woods can't get tests and they likely won't get counted on the rolls.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 1:56 pm

it's a shade under 2% now, as people in my neck of the woods can't get tests and they likely won't get counted on the rolls.
I am as relying on the Global number. 283 million cases is statistically close enough.

In the meantime: https://www.statnews.com/2021/10/14/yea ... -covid-19/

COVID-19 hasn’t been a big deal. It has been overblown
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:02 pm

I am as relying on the Global number. 283 million cases is statistically close enough.

i just feel compelled every time i see your 2% number. especially when it says have contracted the virus. i thought you were riding ihme? 40% of the pop already, are u.s. excess deaths up to almost 3 million?

a number of people have tried to tackle it. the original 0.3+% is more than likely low.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1221007931
didn't go thru it all, but they may have it somewhere b/t 0.5 and 1%. depending. there's a bunch of modeling, though. directional. sweden's probably lower or lower end. lot of vitamin d.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:16 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:02 pm

i just feel compelled every time i see your 2% number. especially when it says have contracted the virus. i thought you were riding ihme? 40% of the pop already, are u.s. excess deaths up to almost 3 million?

a number of people have tried to tackle it. the original 0.3+% is more than likely low.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 1221007931
didn't go thru it all, but they may have it somewhere b/t 0.5 and 1%. depending. there's a bunch of modeling, though. directional. sweden's probably lower or lower end. lot of vitamin d.
I am lazy. Worldmeter has been my day 1 reference point…..directionally accurate.
In the meantime
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/exce ... eath-count

Virus isn’t really killing folks.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:43 pm
youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:40 am :lol: :lol: "What we thought"..... to hell with science all of a sudden: https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/stat ... 42114?s=20

Quite telling that now that they can no longer run and hide from the virus in their pretty little bubbles, do they begin to become rational. This must really chap the ass of those that worship 'the gospels according to fauci and the cdc'. :shock:
I've gathered that this is the FoxNation meme of the week.

I take it that none of you have noticed that they've moved their guidance again and again since the start of the pandemic?

Did you notice full football stadiums this past weekend? Did you see any of that in 2020? Conditions change, and the CDC changes with them.

What's so difficult to understand here? Too many big words? ;)
:lol: Yea the words are so big, the numbers are so confusing, and reading a test is so troublesome, that even the CDC was wrong on the percentage of Omicron positives. Crazy....delta is more prevalent and restrictions are relaxing. ? Square that one for us..... :o ;)

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/heal ... 2b2fe40681

Last week, the CDC reported that 73% of positive cases in America were the result of the omicron variant.

CDC Nowcast data now shows that between December 19 and December 25, 58.6% of positive COVID cases in America were omicron, while 41.1% were delta. Less than a percent of the remaining cases were listed as “other”.

Is Rachel Maddow a relative of yours, you seem to love calling out Fox ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

After they've surrendered their rights, throw 'em out of the service, just because we can.
...just to make a political point. The miliary's unaxed %'s are insignificant. It is not a readiness issue.
There are other incentives short of discharge.

Keep throwing them out of the military while other mandates collapse under their own weight, as reality intrudes.

Meanwhile, politicians (in & out of uniform) continue to mumble at us through useless color coordinated designer fabric cloth masks, & wonder why so many people don't believe them.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... l-169.html
The Marine Corps discharged 66 Marines in the past week for refusing to get the coronavirus vaccine as mandated by the military, outpacing the other services at discipline related to the shots.

The latest Corps actions ...brought the total number of Marines booted out of the service for vaccine refusal to 169.

The Marine Corps has been the most aggressive in discharging troops who refuse the vaccine. And it also has denied all religious requests for vaccine exemptions that have been processed. As of Thursday, 3,080 of the 3,192 requests received — or more than 96% — have been processed and rejected.

The Marine vaccination rate is the lowest among the military services. The Army, Navy and Air Force all have nearly or more than 98% who have gotten at least one shot.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:42 pm After they've surrendered their rights, throw 'em out of the service, just because we can.
...just to make a political point. The miliary's unaxed %'s are insignificant. It is not a readiness issue.
There are other incentives short of discharge.

Keep throwing them out of the military while other mandates collapse under their own weight, as reality intrudes.

Meanwhile, politicians (in & out of uniform) continue to mumble at us through useless color coordinated designer fabric cloth masks, & wonder why so many people don't believe them.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... l-169.html
The Marine Corps discharged 66 Marines in the past week for refusing to get the coronavirus vaccine as mandated by the military, outpacing the other services at discipline related to the shots.

The latest Corps actions ...brought the total number of Marines booted out of the service for vaccine refusal to 169.

The Marine Corps has been the most aggressive in discharging troops who refuse the vaccine. And it also has denied all religious requests for vaccine exemptions that have been processed. As of Thursday, 3,080 of the 3,192 requests received — or more than 96% — have been processed and rejected.

The Marine vaccination rate is the lowest among the military services. The Army, Navy and Air Force all have nearly or more than 98% who have gotten at least one shot.
Get the last few feet draggers off the payroll.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”