All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

tech37

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by tech37 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:27 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MAGA!
This vid was linked to Glenn Greenwald's feed. Hardly MAGA...but truthful none the less. Just illustrating for you that no matter how many dumb videos you post, there are contrary videos. Difference? Most people on here don't have as much time to waste searching for them as you. ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:57 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:43 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:39 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:37 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:54 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:37 pm How many lives might have been saved if therapeutics had been available, oh I don't know, say 6 mos. ago?
More would have died, Tech, had they chosen this path of yours.

I'm finding it difficult to believe that you don't understand this.
Once again, I have no idea what you're saying. SOP.
You don't know what I mean by "this path of yours"??

You wanted "therapeutics" available 6 months ago, right? And you've also been telling us that you wanted Biden and his administration to tell the public in every Covid briefing that these therapeutical are available, for free, to every American, right?

That's your path, correct? The one that you're angry that we didn't take, correct?
Sure, "my path" :roll:
Your path would lead to thousands more dead. That's why they didn't take your path, tech. They chose wisely.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:27 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MAGA!
This vid was linked to Glenn Greenwald's feed. Hardly MAGA...but truthful none the less. Just illustrating for you that no matter how many dumb videos you post, there are contrary videos. Difference? Most people on here don't have as much time to waste searching for them as you. ;)
Fools are fools!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:19 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 2:37 pm How many lives might have been saved if therapeutics had been available, oh I don't know, say 6 mos. ago?

You wanted "therapeutics" available 6 months ago, right? And you've also been telling us that you wanted Biden and his administration to tell the public in every Covid briefing that these therapeutical are available, for free, to every American, right?

That's your path, correct? The one that you're angry that we didn't take, correct?
Your path would lead to thousands more dead. That's why they didn't take your path, tech. They chose wisely.
I have no idea what you're trying to say.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:31 pm

Your path would have led hundreds of thousands of Americans to choose not take the vaccines.....because Biden would keep touting the availability of the less effective therapeutics like you wanted.

The simple math behind those choices would mean more dead.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:36 pm

Your path would have led hundreds of thousands of Americans to choose not take the vaccines.....because Biden would keep touting the availability of the less effective therapeutics like you wanted.

Not surprisingly, that isn't my point at all. Do you actually not understand, that if treatments had been available for already sick people, many would have been saved? There was no "choice" available for already sick people, that's the point.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:45 pm

Unsurprisingly, that isn't my point at all. Do you actually not understand, that if treatments had been available for already sick people, many would have been saved? There was no "choice" available for already sick people, that's the point.
How many?
“I wish you would!”
smoova

Post by smoova »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:46 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:45 pm Unsurprisingly, that isn't my point at all. Do you actually not understand, that if treatments had been available for already sick people, many would have been saved? There was no "choice" available for already sick people, that's the point.
How many?
Oh boy, here we go again ...
Last edited by smoova on Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:36 pm Your path would have led hundreds of thousands of Americans to choose not take the vaccines.....because Biden would keep touting the availability of the less effective therapeutics like you wanted.

Maybe the question is really....how many deaths of unvaccinated, with covid, that also received therapeutics?

I have not seen that stat.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:47 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:36 pm Your path would have led hundreds of thousands of Americans to choose not take the vaccines.....because Biden would keep touting the availability of the less effective therapeutics like you wanted.

Maybe the question is really....how many deaths of unvaccinated, with covid, that also received therapeutics?

Probably most hospital deaths would be a good guess. The April 2020 to April 2021 deaths were probably all unvaccinated. Maybe 350,000 deaths up to that point. Not sure if you had stopped using your excel spreadsheet to chart it by then? My guess is 375,000 unvaccinated folks received a last ditch effort in which doctors threw the kitchen sink at it, still didn’t make it. Your number might be 10,000.

https://fox2now.com/news/national/what- ... in-us/amp/
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:45 pm

Not surprisingly, that isn't my point at all. Do you actually not understand, that if treatments had been available for already sick people, many would have been saved? There was no "choice" available for already sick people, that's the point.
The counterfactual is a risky proposition.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:09 pm

Probably most hospital deaths would be a good guess. The April 2020 to April 2021 deaths were probably all unvaccinated. Maybe 350,000 deaths up to that point. Not sure if you had stopped using your excel spreadsheet to chart it by then? My guess is 375,000 unvaccinated folks received a last ditch effort in which doctors threw the kitchen sink at it, still didn’t make it. Your number might be 10,000.

We'll have those numbers at some point.

My money is on: nearly all of these patients received what tech would call "therapeutics" before dying.

Which, again, tells you why they are focused on getting people vaccinated above all else.

Spoiler alert: the vaccines work, and the therapeutics don't work anywhere close to as well as the vaccines. And many of the therapeutics do nothing at all by the time the sick arrive at the hospital.
Last edited by a fan on Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:45 pm

My money is on: nearly all of these patients received what tech would call "therapeutics" before dying.

Which, again, tells you why they are focused on getting people vaccinated above all else.

Spoiler alert: the vaccines work, and the therapeutics don't work anywhere close to as well as any of these therapeutics----many of which do nothing at all by the time the sick arrive at the hospital.
It’s logical.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Spoiler alert: the vaccines work, and the therapeutics don't work anywhere close to as well as the vaccines. And many of the therapeutics do nothing at all by the time the sick arrive at the hospital.
my opinion, this is a silly discussion, that as above.... will never know the numbers.
were there a ton of companies trying to find a therapeutic solution? yes, and still are.

did "we" push that as hard as we could? it seems not. you were on record, in fact, that we should've been investing billions (tens of billions?) into vaccine production in 2020 when we had zero idea if they would've been effective, yay?

how much is now being invested now almost 2 years later for therapeutics?

it's very strange you're arguing this hard.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm

my opinion, this is a silly discussion, that as above.... will never know the numbers.
were there a ton of companies trying to find a therapeutic solution? yes, and still are.

did "we" push that as hard as we could? it seems not. you were on record, in fact, that we should've been investing billions (tens of billions?) into vaccine production in 2020 when we had zero idea if they would've been effective, yay?

how much is now being invested now almost 2 years later for therapeutics?

it's very strange you're arguing this hard.
In the history of mankind, what other infectious diseases were overcome with therapeutics? Legitimate question.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm did "we" push that as hard as we could? it seems not. you were on record, in fact, that we should've been investing billions (tens of billions?) into vaccine production in 2020 when we had zero idea if they would've been effective, yay?
We didn't have zero idea, that's incorrect. And yes, you bet I was doing that. Guess who was right? And no not me.....Trump. Trump was right for choosing to bet the ranch vaccines over, say, pills, to cite just one example. Scoreboard: Trump.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm how much is now being invested now almost 2 years later for therapeutics?
Of Federal dollars? No one knows. It's unclear.

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm it's very strange you're arguing this hard.
No, it isn't.

How much less effective are therapeutics in real world conditions than the vaccine? Half as effective? A third? Less than that? There is timing involved with the other treatments.....timing that doesn't come in to play with vaccines.

And how many of the unvaccinated think that there's a lifeline waiting for them at the hospital should they get a bad case of Covid because guys like Joe Rogan told them it was there.

Wsdsr.......we're well north of 100,000,000 unvaccinated Americans.

And folks forget----this thing isn't going anywhere with 40% of the population unvaccinated. So guess what that means? We're gonna have several rounds of boosters. Which means the number of vaccinated Americans is likely to go DOWN, not up over the next few years.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:25 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm did "we" push that as hard as we could? it seems not. you were on record, in fact, that we should've been investing billions (tens of billions?) into vaccine production in 2020 when we had zero idea if they would've been effective, yay?
We didn't have zero idea, that's incorrect. And yes, you bet I was doing that. Guess who was right? And no not me.....Trump. Trump was right for choosing to bet the ranch vaccines over, say, pills, to cite just one example. Scoreboard: Trump.
wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm how much is now being invested now almost 2 years later for therapeutics?
Of Federal dollars? No one knows. It's unclear.

wgdsr wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:13 pm it's very strange you're arguing this hard.
No, it isn't.

How much less effective are therapeutics in real world conditions than the vaccine? Half as effective? A third? Less than that? There is timing involved with the other treatments.....timing that doesn't come in to play with vaccines.

And how many of the unvaccinated think that there's a lifeline waiting for them at the hospital should they get a bad case of Covid because guys like Joe Rogan told them it was there.

Wsdsr.......we're well north of 100,000,000 unvaccinated Americans.

And folks forget----this thing isn't going anywhere with 40% of the population unvaccinated. So guess what that means? We're gonna have several rounds of boosters. Which means the number of vaccinated Americans is likely to go DOWN, not up over the next few years.
before i start with all the other.. i thought you said over and over that billions should've been invested in vaccine production. we did not "know" effectiveness until like november 9, 2020. or do you have any earlier date?

Return to “POLITICS”