Syracuse

D1 Womens Lacrosse
OuttaNowhereWregget

Re: Emma Ward Bounce Pass?

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:40 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:51 am Yep—a bounce pass...in lacrosse...

I’ve never seen a bounce pass in lacrosse. Sift through your go-to superlatives to describe this clip.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWqfrkhlEI ... =copy_link
It’s not common but I have def seen a few . In fact our high school team used to do a bounce pass every once in awhile . I don’t know why more players don’t utilize it more . Also a great finish from the softest hands currently playing . The pass won’t get highlighted if the other player doesn’t “finish”. a great sequence all the way through. Emma ward is def fun to watch.
Along with JO’s soft hands is her soft-spoken demeanor. A very tough player in spite of her understated comportment. She probably gets whacked often during games by (mostly) frustrated/desperate defenders. She may be the quietest super star in women’s lacrosse today.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:51 am Yep—a bounce pass...in lacrosse...

I’ve never seen a bounce pass in lacrosse. Sift through your go-to superlatives to describe this clip.

First time I saw it repeatedly was at Hop/Loyola game starting the 2018(?) season. Early evening game at Homewood and the home team knew that the sun would affect their "normal" passes on the offensive side. They would bounce pass around the 12 and it was highly successful. Great use of Home Field advantage....Good coaching by JT.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:40 pm

First time I saw it repeatedly was at Hop/Loyola game starting the 2018(?) season. Early evening game at Homewood and the home team knew that the sun would affect their "normal" passes on the offensive side. They would bounce pass around the 12 and it was highly successful. Great use of Home Field advantage....Good coaching by JT.
Fake a pass high then throw the bounce pass. More kids need to add it to their repertoire.
DMac

Re: Syracuse

Post by DMac »

Receiver's gotta play the english on that pass with a quick and tight cradle on the catch. Good makings for a quick shot or pass, lotta wrists. I think Carney could handle it nicely. Aint no one surprised to see Emma make that pass....Go Emma and Go Cuse!!!!!
Laxhead44

Post by Laxhead44 »

hmmm wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:20 am
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:37 am
8meterPA wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:36 pm Kids are transferring out of PSU, not to it. Not very happy in happy valley.
We know Dirks signed with Carolina. GK Suplee entered the portal but I haven't heard if she signed elsewhere. What other players have left?
Suplee went to USC.
Sydni Rosa also left for Delaware to play for old coach Bev Altig
Lauren Craft left for Jacksonville
Suplee transferred to High Point I believe
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

Laxhead44 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:29 pm
8meterPA wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:36 pm Kids are transferring out of PSU, not to it. Not very happy in happy valley.
We know Dirks signed with Carolina. GK Suplee entered the portal but I haven't heard if she signed elsewhere. What other players have left?
Suplee went to USC.
Correct. This was posted on the teams Instagram acct yesterday:

hmmm

Post by hmmm »

Laxhead44 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:29 pm
Suplee went to USC.
That's correct. At the time I posted that back in August her plan was to go to MD. When that didn't work out her plan was USC but that also did not end up working out. She is at HP now.
laxer12

Re: Syracuse releases 2022 schedule

Post by laxer12 »

FHOINb4WUAQZ9FH.jpeg
FHOINb4WUAQZ9FH.jpeg (244.93 KiB) Viewed 1978 times
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Seven out of the first eight games against ranked opponents. Whoa.

Nice that they play Loyola a month into the season, and not right out of the gate.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:48 am Seven out of the first eight games against ranked opponents. Whoa.

Nice that they play Loyola a month into the season, and not right out of the gate.
Stony Brook> ND> NU> Duke

Tough sledding there. We will learn alot about Cuse from those 4 games.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:58 am
seacoaster wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:48 am Seven out of the first eight games against ranked opponents. Whoa.

Agreed; even the Stanford game right out of the gate is going to be interesting.

This is a pretty ambitious schedule, in this team's context. New coach; replace Simpkins, Defleise, Nazarian and Goldstock; return two crucial pieces of the offensive puzzle from serious injury and a long lay-off. Will they continue to play that zone? will the weave still be the predominant offensive set from which plays are run? A lot of coaches scheduling might have put some relative cupcakes into the first, say, four games to look at personnel and game situations before playing the ACC foes or big gun OOC foes. I'd like to believe that Treanor thinks they'll be ready from the first whistle.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:59 am
Dr. Tact wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:58 am

Agreed; even the Stanford game right out of the gate is going to be interesting.

This is a pretty ambitious schedule, in this team's context. New coach; replace Simpkins, Defleise, Nazarian and Goldstock; return two crucial pieces of the offensive puzzle from serious injury and a long lay-off. Will they continue to play that zone? will the weave still be the predominant offensive set from which plays are run? A lot of coaches scheduling might have put some relative cupcakes into the first, say, four games to look at personnel and game situations before playing the ACC foes or big gun OOC foes. I'd like to believe that Treanor thinks they'll be ready from the first whistle.
I think Treanor knows they'll be ready. The options are unlimited in terms of offensive firepower; this team has the potential to be truly spectacular on the attacking side of the field. As far as the other side... who knows? Going to be a lot of new faces. Here's hoping they will all acclimate quickly and that whoever takes the starting Goalie spot will be awesome. Maybe Syracuse can just dominate the draw and outscore their opponents (wishful thinking)?
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

laxer12 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:06 am FHOINb4WUAQZ9FH.jpeg
I'll never be sold on stanford until they prove to me otherwise. They have a terrible record against top 10 teams. alot of talent, zero coaching. I really like cuse to win that game by 4+ goals. After that i can see 3 or 4 loses just because it'll take time for the coaching transition but they'll still be a tough out for anyone not named UNC or BC
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 3:18 pm
I'll never be sold on stanford until they prove to me otherwise. They have a terrible record against top 10 teams. alot of talent, zero coaching. I really like cuse to win that game by 4+ goals. After that i can see 3 or 4 loses just because it'll take time for the coaching transition but they'll still be a tough out for anyone not named UNC or BC
You really believe that UNC and BC will just glide right by Syracuse? Yeah, I don't see that happening at all. They could lose to both of them, sure, but definitely will not be an "easy out".
Kleizaster

Post by Kleizaster »

i watched both cuse games vs UNC last year. The way UNC toyed with cuse was hard to watch. There is a sizeable gap in talent. and this UNC team is pretty much the same as last year. Post season it might be closer but regular season UNC and BC are a step above.
laxer12

Post by laxer12 »

Kleizaster wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:22 pm i watched both cuse games vs UNC last year. The way UNC toyed with cuse was hard to watch. There is a sizeable gap in talent. and this UNC team is pretty much the same as last year. Post season it might be closer but regular season UNC and BC are a step above.
Hmm you must not remember the second meeting between them that clearly then. It was close all game but between a combination of UNC's very difficult, physical defense and Syracuse's offense shooting itself in the foot repeatedly, UNC was eventually able to crack away at SU's own tough defense and get a little bit of separation towards the end of that game. Also, UNC lost a few of their defenders and midfielders, as well as Katie Hoeg, and have some transfers to acclimate into their system. Stating that this is the same UNC team as last season is just wrong.

And BC? The same BC team that beat UNC in the semifinal? That same BC team that played Syracuse FOUR times last season and lost to them twice? Oh yeah, I remember them well.

Yeah, such a HUGE talent gap Syracuse has to overcome in comparison to UNC and BC :roll:
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

I see them winning by 8+. Stanford isnt even close to Cuse, and I am not a Cuse fan.
Bart

Post by Bart »

laxer12 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:07 pm
Kleizaster wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 9:22 pm i watched both cuse games vs UNC last year. The way UNC toyed with cuse was hard to watch. There is a sizeable gap in talent. and this UNC team is pretty much the same as last year. Post season it might be closer but regular season UNC and BC are a step above.
Hmm you must not remember the second meeting between them that clearly then. It was close all game but between a combination of UNC's very difficult, physical defense and Syracuse's offense shooting itself in the foot repeatedly, UNC was eventually able to crack away at SU's own tough defense and get a little bit of separation towards the end of that game. Also, UNC lost a few of their defenders and midfielders, as well as Katie Hoeg, and have some transfers to acclimate into their system. Stating that this is the same UNC team as last season is just wrong.

And BC? The same BC team that beat UNC in the semifinal? That same BC team that played Syracuse FOUR times last season and lost to them twice? Oh yeah, I remember them well.

Yeah, such a HUGE talent gap Syracuse has to overcome in comparison to UNC and BC :roll:
Is there a talent gap? Certainly on paper there does not seem to be much but on the field, especially early, that gap may be there. Cuse closes that gap on paper through two reconstructed knees that at this point have not been tested. IF those knees are ready to go and hold up, which I do hope as the two players in question are fun to watch, then offensively Cuse is in fantastic shape. Defensively it will be interesting to see just where, what, how the Orange stack up. It should be fun to watch.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

"zero coaching" ???

Seriously?
https://gostanford.com/sports/womens-lacrosse/roster

I'm not saying they've broken through to the top echelon, but 11-1 last year, sole loss by 2 to Denver in last game.
Fischer

Post by Fischer »

Bart wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:55 am
laxer12 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:07 pm

Is there a talent gap? Certainly on paper there does not seem to be much but on the field, especially early, that gap may be there. Cuse closes that gap on paper through two reconstructed knees that at this point have not been tested. IF those knees are ready to go and hold up, which I do hope as the two players in question are fun to watch, then offensively Cuse is in fantastic shape. Defensively it will be interesting to see just where, what, how the Orange stack up. It should be fun to watch.
All eyes will
Be on the Orange defense. Only one returning player it’s a total rebuild. Could make or break the team.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”