Peter Brown - 1 Minute (2 Day)

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Peter Brown - 1 Minute (2 Day)

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Nigel wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:38 am Shouldn't PB be able to post some ridiculously low bail amount and get out early? Seems like it's the new norm in America. It wasn't PB who was (allegedly) trolling, it was his keyboard.
:lol:
The devil made him do it...voices in his head! ;)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Nigel wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:38 am Shouldn't PB be able to post some ridiculously low bail amount and get out early? Seems like it's the new norm in America. It wasn't PB who was (allegedly) trolling, it was his keyboard.

Very sensible idea!

It’s been so long since I checked in here that it took a while to recall my password!

Anyway, I’m not sure it’s a great idea to allow me to post bail, even in these days of sentencing reform, because I’m sure I’d set off the Fanlax trip wire again, however opaque it is. But this board misses eminence grises such as Joe Mauer, an impeccably presentable human being, unlike yours truly.

I miss my Fanlax fans. I hope the foundational members like Cradle, Tech, youth, get to,it x, and Old Salt are holding down the fort in my absence. I have been using the time off to get in shape, take leadership courses, and stare at my Bitcoin as it zigs and zags.

Until such time as we meet again, thank you Nigel for your wondrous Christmas spirit of redemption and forgiveness.

My best.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Nothing changes, you aren't missing much. Lots of self-appointed smartest people in the room, banging their drums. They are the true educated, blessing us with their enlightenment and truths. For being so erudite, it's interesting how threatened they were by your opposition or debate. Incredibly weak sauce to just scream "fake news!" and "trolling!" and ban you. But not surprised.

The good news- their echo chamber is just about complete.

Enjoy your time off.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

:lol: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:41 am Nothing changes, you aren't missing much. Lots of self-appointed smartest people in the room, banging their drums. They are the true educated, blessing us with their enlightenment and truths. For being so erudite, it's interesting how threatened they were by your opposition or debate. Incredibly weak sauce to just scream "fake news!" and "trolling!" and ban you. But not surprised.

The good news- their echo chamber is just about complete.

Enjoy your time off.

Kramerica…,my apologies for leaving you off my list! Thank you for your kind words as I wither away in the SHU.

Christmas is loneliest when you’re in prison, especially here in solitary confinement My only visitors are the occasional mouse and the guy who brings me my one daily meal of bologna and bread; trust me, he doesn’t look like Kate Beckinsale!!! I think Joe Mauer is down the hall, but I can’t see him. We are like the J-6 detainees. :lol:

May god bless America on this anniversary of Pearl Harbor, and I wish you kramerica and all the rebels of Fanlax a wonderful Christmas!!! 🤶
Last edited by Peter Brown on Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Not a Christmas song, but kinda catchy!

If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:58 am outofnowwhere is not pro-life. Just like the rest of the clowns with their science that neglects the scientific reality that no fetus has ever been born and live without at least 22 weeks of gestation. THESE PEOPLE, ALL OF THEM ARE ANTI-WOMAN. Period. outofnowhere has his/her fascist wet-dream of controlling women, minimizing, diminutizing women in the name of his/her non-existent, bullsh*t god.

The only people in this debate that are pro-life, are those who are pro-choice!

Religious fascism running around pretending it is godliness (and scientific to boot) :lol: :roll:

It is time to stop pretending these fascists are anything other than what they are!
Pete is a troll. JHU just wants sensible discussion.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:27 am
jhu72 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:58 am outofnowwhere is not pro-life. Just like the rest of the clowns with their science that neglects the scientific reality that no fetus has ever been born and live without at least 22 weeks of gestation. THESE PEOPLE, ALL OF THEM ARE ANTI-WOMAN. Period. outofnowhere has his/her fascist wet-dream of controlling women, minimizing, diminutizing women in the name of his/her non-existent, bullsh*t god.

Religious fascism running around pretending it is godliness (and scientific to boot) :lol: :roll:

It is time to stop pretending these fascists are anything other than what they are!
Be carful or you'll join Pete in prison. Ever notice how ggait trolled & gaslit the hell out of pete, then ratted him out at the first chance he got; quite calculating and borderline sadistic. Wonder if ggait ever got a flag thrown on him?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:36 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:26 am

Pete is a troll. Clearly, JHU just wants sensible discussion. :roll: :lol:
... there is no sensible discussion on this topic with you people. :roll:
For posterity.

"You people."

A term used by people with open minds who want sensible discussion.

:roll: :lol:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

You guys don't really believe a moderator who hoped (in a post} that the then POTUS would die of Covid, will actually reprimand jhu72, when they're ideologically conjoined?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Who do you imagine is Admin?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:45 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:27 am

Be carful or you'll join Pete in prison. Ever notice how ggait trolled & gaslit the hell out of pete, then ratted him out at the first chance he got; quite calculating and borderline sadistic. Wonder if ggait ever got a flag thrown on him?

I noticed.

I only get to post on one thread, my post must be pre-approved, and the thread is about me!!! No fun. :lol:

All I want to do is post my vote into the poll of who won the 2020 election…we are up to five and I want to make it 6, just so my lib friends can have a collective coronary. :lol:

Anyway, yes, thank you YA and Kramerica and Tech37…you guys are doing yeoman’s work here at Fanlax while I’m away!!! I notice the fuses getting really short on the other side as you deliver facts and substantive arguments! I don’t think I’m allowed to specifically mention names, but you know who I’m referring to…I get a deep chuckle when I read this website.

I owe all of you Fanlax independents some beers and crabs next time I’m in Maryland, which won’t likely be until late spring. Tell all of your wives you deserve great Christmas gifts this week for your epic work dueling with the Fanlax libs! :lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Everyone knows who Admin is.
Just like Laxpower, we have another owner-operator.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:33 pm You guys don't really believe a moderator who hoped (in a post} that the then POTUS would die of Covid, will actually reprimand jhu72, when they're ideologically conjoined?
Is the post still up? If so, do you have the link? If not, did you screenshot it?
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

44WeWantMore wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:16 am
tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:33 pm You guys don't really believe a moderator who hoped (in a post} that the then POTUS would die of Covid, will actually reprimand jhu72, when they're ideologically conjoined?
Is the post still up? If so, do you have the link? If not, did you screenshot it?
Pg. 811 on the thread, for those interested.
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:17 am
Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus
Posted on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 am
Best case scenario, Trump dies from the virus. in 2020, where bigotry and corona are such big topics, 1- we can't have a president who on national tv will not renounce a white supremacist group. 2- we can't have a president who is so cavalier about corona (and the environment). and 3- maybe most importantly, we need a presidential candidate who will accept a loss if he loses. when this election is over, we cannot have a president who maintains the divisiveness and discord because "the voting was rigged". Best case scenario, Trump dies from the corona virus.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Thank you for sparing me the trip to the toxic waste dump. I had been wondering why, even in the less-toxic threads, Report this post has proven to be a WOMBAT.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:09 am
44WeWantMore wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:16 am
Pg. 811 on the thread, for those interested.
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:17 am
Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus
Posted on Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 am
Best case scenario, Trump dies from the virus. in 2020, where bigotry and corona are such big topics, 1- we can't have a president who on national tv will not renounce a white supremacist group. 2- we can't have a president who is so cavalier about corona (and the environment). and 3- maybe most importantly, we need a presidential candidate who will accept a loss if he loses. when this election is over, we cannot have a president who maintains the divisiveness and discord because "the voting was rigged". Best case scenario, Trump dies from the corona virus.
I don't believe that Matnum is the moderator. Different guy.

That said, I recall the post and recall thinking that Matnum "said out loud" what many of us were thinking about Trump and Covid.
Matter of fact, I still think so. Perhaps even more so, as cold as that sounds.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:57 am Everyone knows who Admin is.
Just like Laxpower, we have another owner-operator.
If I'm not mistaken, Laxpower had multiple moderators...pretty sure this isn't the same process.

But where do you see rules broken on here that frustrate you as not being addressed fair and square?
Specifically...?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Fair enough. But remember:

Matt started this place on the coat tails of Laxpower. There was some ire over owners, moderators and admins at LP. Matt owns this site, started the site himself, and Admin was the first member to join. Was "Admin" designed as a attempt at keeping appearances, and avoiding conflicts of interest, like this? A way to keep Matt's name "clean?" Could be.

Matt or Admin care to weigh in? (but probably not at the same time!) ;)

Too soon?

But back to the heart of the matter. Since you brought up "fair and square."

Myself and others have reported posts that have clearly crossed the line...into personal attacks, and trolling behavior that is exactly what Peter gets slammed for...only to have the report closed without any action. The PERCEPTION among many of us is that goalposts are being moved, as convenient.

As they say in the business world, the perception of a conflict of interest IS a conflict of interest. And that is the perception that people around here have. (And HAD before they left.)

Matt and Admin can address it or not. As we are often reminded, it's their party, they can invite whoever they want and run it however they want. But there are an awful lot of inactive users and people I miss seeing.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 10:41 am Fair enough. But remember:

Matt started this place on the coat tails of Laxpower. There was some ire over owners, moderators and admins at LP. Matt owns this site, started the site himself, and Admin was the first member to join. Was "Admin" designed as a attempt at keeping appearances, and avoiding conflicts of interest, like this? A way to keep Matt's name "clean?" Could be.

Matt or Admin care to weigh in? (but probably not at the same time!) ;)

Too soon?

But back to the heart of the matter. Since you brought up "fair and square."

Myself and others have reported posts that have clearly crossed the line...into personal attacks, and trolling behavior that is exactly what Peter gets slammed for...only to have the report closed without any action. The PERCEPTION among many of us is that goalposts are being moved, as convenient.

As they say in the business world, the perception of a conflict of interest IS a conflict of interest. And that is the perception that people around here have. (And HAD before they left.)

Matt and Admin can address it or not. As we are often reminded, it's their party, they can invite whoever they want and run it however they want. But there are an awful lot of inactive users and people I miss seeing.
Merry Christmas!

Possibly, though Matnum has previously responded that he's not Admin and doesn't interfere with Admin's decisions. So, as I recall, that specific question was put to bed. I'll take his word.

When you say, "people around here have", I think you're correct, but only a 'few' people or 'some' people...however, most, I would suggest, do not agree that the goalposts are different due to ideology.

Rather, I would posit that they very most egregious 'trolling', as defined in the rules, has mostly been from a handful of right wing folks.

My question was meant to pinpoint one, two, maybe three offending posts that you would consider trolling under the definition of the rule which, despite being reported, were met with indifference by Admin. You haven't done so, yet, but I think it might be helpful if you did so and we could all discuss whether it's in the same category, why or why not...

I actually don't agree that "perception" is enough. If something untrue is repeated numerous times, "perception" may well, at least for some, shift to thinking that what's been repeated is accurate...even if it is not. So, let's examine...

I've a couple of times 'reported' a post that I thought was pushing or even over the line, and suggested that a warning might be in order rather than a flagged penalty, unless met with ongoing trolling behavior or flaming. I don't get back any particular response and don't expect any...presumably Admin is exercising discretion, saving flags for only the most egregious flaming personal attacks or "Putinesque" trolling "unsportsmanlike conduct".

Jostling on the crease, stepping on the other guy's foot, a butt end to hip bone, a hard slap check...just a warning...and watch out for escalation.

But please do point out some specific posts and let's discuss whether they cross the line too. Could be interesting.

Added to forum rules within Unsportsmanlike Conduct
SECTION 4. No post-er shall:
d. Troll and/or commit other Russian 'bot and/or other Putinesque behaviors. A troll is someone who uses over-the-top opinions or unverified claims to incite others, stir up controversy, and change a civilized discussion into a battleground.

My own preference is to have the discourse be reasonably civil, though I certainly understand how folks can get ticked off and then pop off...seems to me that a warning to chill usually cools things, but if the poster persists and argues with the 'ref' then that's gonna get some time out. Do it a lot and the penalties grow. But most of us do take a deep breath and cool it if warned. But not all.

I'm going to be signing off at some point for likely over a week, but will check in after the New Year.

Meanwhile, Happy Holidays to all!

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”