January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by PizzaSnake »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:12 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:07 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:00 pm
But yeah, "lab rats" is pretty darn dumb.
Yeah, it is really outrageous to require a serviceman to step up and take worldwide dose tonumber 9,000,000,001. That's crazy shirt right there!

I mean until we are over 20 years into it and over 1 trillion doses, well you just don't really know...

Thank god people were not this forking stupid back in the 1950s. Because if they were, we'd still be swimming in seas of polio, measles, smallpox, etc. etc. etc.

FYI, the first vax mandate in the USA for servicemen was issued by Gen George Washington in 1777.

When did we become the United States of MAGA Dumb-Fork-istan?

P.S. Even Trump knows enough to get triple vaxed. But Sarah Palin will only take her shot "over her dead body." That's turning the mouth breathing dumb assery up to 11.
“Over her dead body.”

One can only dream…
What a mysygonistic statement. Do you hate and degrade all women or just Sarah Palin? Why are you so angry and full of hate? Why do you hate women? Have you stopped beating your wife finally? Because you probably don't understand sarcasm.. the font is on.
Don't hate her, just want her to go away.

Incidentally, gynephobe, besides not being a barbarism, is more accurate a descriptor for those who persecute and suppress women.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:00 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:38 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 9:30 am
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:31 pm Where's the reference to the Proud Boys ?
Protect who, from who ? I speculated nothing.
I pointed out one plausible alternative to your speculation.
In the USA report, all the committee weasels said was :
The report doesn't identify the recipient of the message or detail why protection would be needed.
Meadows sent the message the day before Trump spoke at a rally near the Capitol...

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:57 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:19 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:39 pm And yes, there's emerging evidence that groups like the Proud Boys etc were told that the National Guard would be on their side when it went down. They came prepared for violence.
Link ? Source ? ...plz share this emerging evidence that the National Guard would side with the protesters.
Email from Meadows saying so.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 497829001/
You're right, this is just "emerging" and is certainly incomplete.
Testify Mark. Watcha hidin' '?

But yes, protect the "pro-Trump people"...Bannon and Stone were talking with the Proud Boys, that too is "emerging".
Testify Steve and Roger. Watcha hidin' '?

Again, you keep ignoring that I also said that I very much doubt that the NG were actually 'in on' any such plan to side with the Pro-Trump" protestors.

But I do think that the 'plan' was to have the Proud boys types clash with counter protestors, declare a state of emergency and martial law, call in the NG to enforce, and declare the election for Trump. Heck, there's a powerpoint circulated to that effect. Meadows, Reps and Senators, who else was 'working the plan'?

But that doesn't mean the NG was actually on board with any of that. But would they have followed orders?
I don't buy that Miller is 100% straight, but I doubt he was actually complicit, at least not consciously so...hope that's right.
Except the DoD (aka the Pentagon) was dead set against using the NG for crowd control, from SecDef Miller & Gen Milley on down.
Read the Army report. They questioned using the NG before all police forces were deployed, even as the Capitol was under siege.

Trump was briefed on the pre-planned minimal DC NG deployment by SecDef. Trump questioned it's adequacy. If he was planning martial law. he would have deployed more -- repeating what he did in June -- recall & deploy the entire DC NG, have the Old Guard on alert to deploy from Arlingtion, & preposition the 82nd Airborne right across the river at Ft Belvoir.

THAT is how to enforce martial law & stage an armed insurrection. Trump ordered none of that, but it was well within his powers, had recent precedent, & could have been used as an excuse to protect all of DC & Fed territory, including the Capitol.
Then again, there's this theory about deployment of the NG by DoD and a potential alternative explanation
https://www.justsecurity.org/79623/cris ... january-6/

Crisis of Command: The Pentagon, The President, and January 6
"One of the most vexing questions about Jan. 6 is why the National Guard took more than three hours to arrive at the Capitol after D.C. authorities and Capitol Police called for immediate assistance. The Pentagon’s restraint in allowing the Guard to get to the Capitol was not simply a reflection of officials’ misgivings about the deployment of military force during the summer 2020 protests, nor was it simply a concern about “optics” of having military personnel at the Capitol. Instead, evidence is mounting that the most senior defense officials did not want to send troops to the Capitol because they harbored concerns that President Donald Trump might utilize the forces’ presence in an attempt to hold onto power."
So in this version, Chris Miller is a hero. Whatever.

Miller was consistent, no matter his intent or motivation -- the DC NG was neither deployed nor on stand by, in sufficient numbers to impose martial law. Miller & McCarthy, in advance planning, offered the CPB & Mayor as many troops as they wanted. They could have, on their own volition or on Trump's orders, placed more NG troops on standby at Andrews or the Armory, as a precaution, to deal with potential violence between Trump supporters & counter protesters. There is no evidence that Trump ordered Miller to ready or deploy more NG troops than the CPB & Mayor requested. Trump could have ordered that & he had a valid excuse had he done so.

Here's why DoD's concerns about the "optics" were valid. What signal would by sent by having 10,000 NG troops on Capitol Grounds on Jan 6th, while 100,000 Trump supporters demonstrated to "stop the steal" ,while Congress was meeting to certify the election ? Might that have been portrayed as a Constitutional crisis ? Might that explain why Chris Miller did not want NG troops deployed east of 9th Ave NW ?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

PizzaSnake wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:05 pm
Yeah, it is really outrageous to require a serviceman to step up and take worldwide dose tonumber 9,000,000,001. That's crazy shirt right there!

I mean until we are over 20 years into it and over 1 trillion doses, well you just don't really know...

Thank god people were not this forking stupid back in the 1950s. Because if they were, we'd still be swimming in seas of polio, measles, smallpox, etc. etc. etc.

FYI, the first vax mandate in the USA for servicemen was issued by Gen George Washington in 1777.

P.S. Even Trump knows enough to get triple vaxed. But Sarah Palin will only take her shot "over her dead body." That's turning the mouth breathing dumb assery up to 11.
“Over her dead body.”

One can only dream…
What a mysygonistic statement. Do you hate and degrade all women or just Sarah Palin? Why are you so angry and full of hate? Why do you hate women? Have you stopped beating your wife finally? Because you probably don't understand sarcasm.. the font is on.

Incidentally, gynephobe, besides not being a barbarism, is more accurate a descriptor for those who persecute and suppress women.
I have the same sentiments about HRC. I keep waiting for her to go away but she never does. As a matter of fact her legendary status grows stronger in the world of FLP elitist snobs. Recently the queen of evil recited the victory speech she never gave. I would take a 1000 Sarah Palins before I would ever live with 1 HRC.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:20 pm

“Over her dead body.”

One can only dream…

I have the same sentiments about HRC. I keep waiting for her to go away but she never does. As a matter of fact her legendary status grows stronger in the world of FLP elitist snobs. Recently the queen of evil recited the victory speech she never gave. I would take a 1000 Sarah Palins before I would ever live with 1 HRC.
nah, Sarah Palin is pretty darn awful, in ways I don't think Hillary really touches.
Dumb and a conspiracy monger. A precursor to Trumpism.

Which, as you'll recall, doesn't make me a Hillary fan!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:35 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:31 pm Where's the reference to the Proud Boys ?
The report doesn't identify the recipient of the message or detail why protection would be needed.
Meadows sent the message the day before Trump spoke at a rally near the Capitol...

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:39 pm And yes, there's emerging evidence that groups like the Proud Boys etc were told that the National Guard would be on their side when it went down. They came prepared for violence.
Link ? Source ? ...plz share this emerging evidence that the National Guard would side with the protesters.

But yes, protect the "pro-Trump people"...Bannon and Stone were talking with the Proud Boys, that too is "emerging".

Again, you keep ignoring that I also said that I very much doubt that the NG were actually 'in on' any such plan to side with the Pro-Trump" protestors.

But I do think that the 'plan' was to have the Proud boys types clash with counter protestors, declare a state of emergency and martial law, call in the NG to enforce, and declare the election for Trump. Heck, there's a powerpoint circulated to that effect. Meadows, Reps and Senators, who else was 'working the plan'?

But that doesn't mean the NG was actually on board with any of that. But would they have followed orders?
I don't buy that Miller is 100% straight, but I doubt he was actually complicit, at least not consciously so...hope that's right.
Except the DoD (aka the Pentagon) was dead set against using the NG for crowd control, from SecDef Miller & Gen Milley on down.
Read the Army report. They questioned using the NG before all police forces were deployed, even as the Capitol was under siege.

Trump was briefed on the pre-planned minimal DC NG deployment by SecDef. Trump questioned it's adequacy. If he was planning martial law. he would have deployed more -- repeating what he did in June -- recall & deploy the entire DC NG, have the Old Guard on alert to deploy from Arlingtion, & preposition the 82nd Airborne right across the river at Ft Belvoir.

THAT is how to enforce martial law & stage an armed insurrection. Trump ordered none of that, but it was well within his powers, had recent precedent, & could have been used as an excuse to protect all of DC & Fed territory, including the Capitol.
Then again, there's this theory about deployment of the NG by DoD and a potential alternative explanation

"One of the most vexing questions about Jan. 6 is why the National Guard took more than three hours to arrive at the Capitol after D.C. authorities and Capitol Police called for immediate assistance. The Pentagon’s restraint in allowing the Guard to get to the Capitol was not simply a reflection of officials’ misgivings about the deployment of military force during the summer 2020 protests, nor was it simply a concern about “optics” of having military personnel at the Capitol. Instead, evidence is mounting that the most senior defense officials did not want to send troops to the Capitol because they harbored concerns that President Donald Trump might utilize the forces’ presence in an attempt to hold onto power."

Miller was consistent, no matter his intent or motivation -- the DC NG was neither deployed nor on stand by, in sufficient numbers to impose martial law. Miller & McCarthy, in advance planning, offered the CPB & Mayor as many troops as they wanted. They could have, on their own volition or on Trump's orders, placed more NG troops on standby at Andrews or the Armory, as a precaution, to deal with potential violence between Trump supporters & counter protesters. There is no evidence that Trump ordered Miller to ready or deploy more NG troops than the CPB & Mayor requested. Trump could have ordered that & he had a valid excuse had he done so.

Here's why DoD's concerns about the "optics" were valid. What signal would by sent by having 10,000 NG troops on Capitol Grounds on Jan 6th, while 100,000 Trump supporters demonstrated to "stop the steal" ,while Congress was meeting to certify the election ? Might that have been portrayed as a Constitutional crisis ? Might that explain why Chris Miller did not want NG troops deployed east of 9th Ave NW ?
We don't know, which is the point.

We'd like to know.
And hopefully the answers will prove out that the military was in no way complicit with the Trump plan.
Indeed, hopefully it'll show that they resisted such, even if that meant that they were tragically late in responding.

And that means a whole lot of folks under oath, explaining fully their concerns and rationale.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

“Over her dead body.”

One can only dream…

Don’t think she’s available.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:39 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:35 pm

We don't know, which is the point.

We'd like to know.
And hopefully the answers will prove out that the military was in no way complicit with the Trump plan.
Indeed, hopefully it'll show that they resisted such, even if that meant that they were tragically late in responding.

And that means a whole lot of folks under oath, explaining fully their concerns and rationale.
Don't hold your breath waiting for that.
We won't hear from them unless it implicates Trump in something sinister.
The negative speculative narratives serve that purpose better.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:35 pm

“Over her dead body.”

One can only dream…

nah, Sarah Palin is pretty darn awful, in ways I don't think Hillary really touches.

I was being facicious in my comments. The irony that you just pointed out.. in 2016 neither party candidate was qualified to win. One of them had to win. With all the flak thrown at Sarah Palin why does VP Harris earn a pass? She is the poster child for ignorance and stupidity and poor judgement in a person just a hairs breath away from running this country. She may be incompetant but she is the Democrats version of incompetent.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

The criminal crazy person Mike Flynn, back in the news with a lawsuit against the House January 6 Committee, arguing that its subpoena on him violates his right against self-incrimination. Of course....

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/ ... c/full.pdf
Last edited by seacoaster on Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:31 am The criminal crazy person Mike Flynn, back in the news with a lawsuit against the House January 6 Committee, arguing that its subpoena on him violates his right against self-incrimination. Of course....
I'm no lawer but would he just sit there and claim the 5th?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:34 am
seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:31 am The criminal crazy person Mike Flynn, back in the news with a lawsuit against the House January 6 Committee, arguing that its subpoena on him violates his right against self-incrimination. Of course....
He is saying that the production of his phone records (Verizon) and other documentary materials would violate his 4th and 5th amendment rights, and that the subpoena is overbroad. So his concern is actually pre-testimony, if that makes sense.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Correctomundo. The 5th Amendment does not apply to ignoring a legal subpoena to appear but rather what you do when you appear.
Another stall tactic to beat the clock. Typical behavior from a traitor to his country.
Just man up and take the 5th :oops: or is your boss starting to get concerned that everyone taking the 5th doesn't look so good - after all, it's what mobsters do.....what do you have to hide? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:36 am
He is saying that the production of his phone records (Verizon) and other documentary materials would violate his 4th and 5th amendment rights, and that the subpoena is overbroad. So his concern is actually pre-testimony, if that makes sense.
OK. Thanks.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Bart wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:39 am
seacoaster wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:36 am
OK. Thanks.
Isn't a subpoena for phone records kind of SOP in any kind of official investigation - criminal or civil proceeding? All you need is probable cause - a fairly low standard, no?
UPDATE WEDNESDAY
Michael Flynn’s emergency request for a restraining order from the January 6th Congressional Committee has been thrown out by a federal judge.
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:11 am

“Over her dead body.”

One can only dream…

I was being facicious in my comments. The irony that you just pointed out.. in 2016 neither party candidate was qualified to win. One of them had to win. With all the flak thrown at Sarah Palin why does VP Harris earn a pass? She is the poster child for ignorance and stupidity and poor judgement in a person just a hairs breath away from running this country. She may be incompetant but she is the Democrats version of incompetent.
Nope, Harris is actually a pretty smart gal.
You can not like her all you want, but stupidity isn't one of her flaws.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:16 am

“Over her dead body.”

One can only dream…

I could not possibly disagree with you more. Kamala Harris is a blithering idiot. She is not qualified to be a dog catcher much less the next POTUS. That disturbing wicked witch cackle of a laugh of hers is her very lame attempt to hide her ineptitude and inexperience. It does not surprise me that she floats your boat. Explain to me how you think she is smart? She has failed miserably at every task the Biden folks have handed her. It is not an issue of not liking her, it is a simple matter of understanding she is incompetent to lead this country. :roll: Have you bothered to even take a gander at her approval ratings? A smart gal as you claim she is would not have such dismal approval ratings.

https://news.yahoo.com/kamala-harriss-a ... 26444.html

Even Dick Cheney at his lowest is still kicking her ass... yet she is a smart gal.. :lol:
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:31 am

“Over her dead body.”

One can only dream…

I could not possibly disagree with you more. Kamala Harris is a blithering idiot. She is not qualified to be a dog catcher much less the next POTUS. That disturbing wicked witch cackle of a laugh of hers is her very lame attempt to hide her ineptitude and inexperience. It does not surprise me that she floats your boat. Explain to me how you think she is smart? She has failed miserably at every task the Biden folks have handed her. It is not an issue of not liking her, it is a simple matter of understanding she is incompetent to lead this country. :roll: Have you bothered to even take a gander at her approval ratings? A smart gal as you claim she is would not have such dismal approval ratings.

:roll: smart people don't have low approval ratings...uh huh.

But no, she doesn't 'float my boat'...I hope the Dems figure out a better candidate when Biden's done.

But your post did make me smile. Classic cradle.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:39 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:31 am

“Over her dead body.”

One can only dream…

:roll: smart people don't have low approval ratings...uh huh.

But no, she doesn't 'float my boat'...I hope the Dems figure out a better candidate when Biden's done.

But your post did make me smile. Classic cradle.
If I can get a smile out of you then mission accomplished. ;) She has a low approval rating why??? Because the American people think she is sooooo smart?? It could be because the American people understand she is even dumber than they thought she was? You think the Dems will nominate her if Joe decides to go to the old folks home? You just said she is smart, why wouldn't the dems not want her as their candidate??? If your logic is sound, she would be the best candidate. It could be you are just trying to blow smoke up my ass. :D
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

stay cranky, cradle...and move this discussion you seem to want to have to the relevant thread for such.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:50 am stay cranky, cradle...and move this discussion you seem to want to have to the relevant thread for such.
Stay stupid there our resident RINO. I'll be happy to move it to whatever thread that makes you happy. My question to you still stands. You need to explain to me and your fellow posters why you think VP Harris is so smart. I'm going to start a new thread so it will make you happy..
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”