All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:00 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:54 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:08 am Let's see if therapeutics are even mentioned in Biden's Covid plan speech scheduled for later today. I give it an optimistic 50/50.
Therapeutics aren’t a replacement for vaccines. I hope he makes that clear. Otherwise we are headed for more variants. I am
sure I won’t watch it but will pick up coverage here.
jesus h... who said or even inferred they are a replacement :roll:
Jesus…not you man.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:53 am Interesting graph....hide it from the non vaxxers, it argues their case nicely.

Only for those who want to believe the MRNA platform was developed overnight.

The speed at which the platform was able to produce a safe and effective vaccine to address a novel virus is indeed blazingly fast and portends all sorts of exciting possibilities going forward.

But the technology was developed over a long period of time.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:03 am
tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:08 am Let's see if therapeutics are even mentioned in Biden's Covid plan speech scheduled for later today. I give it an optimistic 50/50.
Therapeutics aren’t a replacement for vaccines. I hope he makes that clear. Otherwise we are headed for more variants. I am
Jesus…not you man.
:D
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:04 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:03 am
Jesus…not you man.
:D
https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 021-11-08/
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Florida is back in the top 5 for number of new cases per capita.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:14 am Florida is back in the top 5 for number of new cases per capita.
Pretty predictable, given the behaviors I'm seeing in public venues here.

Looks like our community may be about to go into a temporary lockdown, or at least tightening, mode again. Fortunately nearly every last soul has been vaccinated, and my informal 'polling' suggests nearly all have been boosted as well...have yet to run across anyone not boosted.

They'd lost a few staff members last spring when they insisted on vaccinations, but I'd say that the quality of staff has only improved, not suffered. They'd also insisted on all vendors coming on campus be vaccinated; don't see any issues from that but there may have been some...but nothing that wasn't able to addressed.

Pretty different impression if you go out to the grocery store, drug store, whatever, very few masks, but overall the county is over 60% vaccinated...but that's an awful lot of unvaccinated.

I think folks had been assuming they were done with their surge last summer, forgetting there was a big surge in Florida last winter. And a fair amount of MAGA overhang as well.

We're getting together with close friends this evening, including their kids who have traveled from SF and NYC...both tested negative, so ok...but the other son and his new wife had to bail out of coming as one tested positive just before coming fom NY. 87 year old grand mom here with Parkinson's. And they were going to visit the other grandparents in VA during the drive down...Bummer.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:30 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:14 am Florida is back in the top 5 for number of new cases per capita.
Pretty predictable, given the behaviors I'm seeing in public venues here.

Looks like our community may be about to go into a temporary lockdown, or at least tightening, mode again. Fortunately nearly every last soul has been vaccinated, and my informal 'polling' suggests nearly all have been boosted as well...have yet to run across anyone not boosted.

They'd lost a few staff members last spring when they insisted on vaccinations, but I'd say that the quality of staff has only improved, not suffered. They'd also insisted on all vendors coming on campus be vaccinated; don't see any issues from that but there may have been some...but nothing that wasn't able to addressed.

Pretty different impression if you go out to the grocery store, drug store, whatever, very few masks, but overall the county is over 60% vaccinated...but that's an awful lot of unvaccinated.

I think folks had been assuming they were done with their surge last summer, forgetting there was a big surge in Florida last winter. And a fair amount of MAGA overhang as well.

We're getting together with close friends this evening, including their kids who have traveled from SF and NYC...both tested negative, so ok...but the other son and his new wife had to bail out of coming as one tested positive just before coming fom NY. 87 year old grand mom here with Parkinson's. And they were going to visit the other grandparents in VA during the drive down...Bummer.
... Florida has seen the largest increase of new infections of any state over the past 14 days it appears. All this while the weather is still pretty good. -- the increase is a little surprising when you consider the natural advantage.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Why wear a seatbelt when perfectly good paramedics are just a few minutes away?
CU88

Post by CU88 »

People in New York City who get a COVID-19 booster shot by the end of the year will be paid $100

https://www1.nyc.gov/site/coronavirus/v ... ickup.page

Pennies on the dollar cheaper than flooding the hospital system...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
NattyBohChamps04

Post by NattyBohChamps04 »

Deadly partisan divide: Gap between COVID deaths in red vs. blue counties larger than ever

Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame

Wasn't sure if this thread or the "trolling" thread was more approrpriate.

Who could have dreamt that idiots and malcontents trolling on the internet would lead to tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dead Americans.
Bart

Post by Bart »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:04 am Deadly partisan divide: Gap between COVID deaths in red vs. blue counties larger than ever

Pro-Trump counties now have far higher COVID death rates. Misinformation is to blame

Wasn't sure if this thread or the "trolling" thread was more approrpriate.

Who could have dreamt that idiots and malcontents trolling on the internet would lead to tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dead Americans.
Would like to see the data corrected for age.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 8:53 am Interesting graph....hide it from the non vaxxers, it argues their case nicely.

The speed at which the platform was able to produce a safe and effective vaccine to address a novel virus is indeed blazingly fast and portends all sorts of exciting possibilities going forward.

I tried to find any information whatsoever on the vaccine hesitancy when the whooping cough or measles vaccines were introduced, as the timeline for their introductions seem dramatically shorter than previously vaccines, but couldn’t find any. Anybody have better success?

It can’t be politics. Just can’t. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

SCLaxAttack wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:34 pm

I tried to find any information whatsoever on the vaccine hesitancy when the whooping cough or measles vaccines were introduced, as the timeline for their introductions seem dramatically shorter than previously vaccines, but couldn’t find any. Anybody have better success?

It can’t be politics. Just can’t. :roll:
Hepatitis B vaccine was too quick also.

“The world was able to develop COVID-19 vaccines so quickly because of years of previous research on related viruses and faster ways to manufacture vaccines, enormous funding that allowed firms to run multiple trials in parallel, and regulators moving more quickly than normal. Some of those factors might translate to other vaccine efforts, particularly speedier manufacturing platforms.”

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03626-1

The rest of the story. Don’t want to deceive folks.
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

NattyBohChamps04 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:54 am
Silly analogy. It's not an either or situation. The two anti-viral tools have different functions. We should have as much access to therapeutics as we do vaccines. Why is that so difficult to understand?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:01 pm
Silly analogy. It's not an either or situation. The two anti-viral tools have different functions. We should have as much access to therapeutics as we do vaccines. Why is that so difficult to understand?
They want their "Democrat death panels."

:lol:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:04 pm
They want their "Democrat death panels."

:lol:
Who knows kram. Things so F'd up :?
Bart

Post by Bart »

It is not an either or situation but the second therapeutic is not a substitute for the first. But we will not have equal access to both as the second therapeutic is being authorized for those at high risk and that includes those who don’t accept the first.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Bart wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:15 pm
It is not an either or situation but the second therapeutic is not a substitute for the first. But we will not have equal access to both as the second therapeutic is being authorized for those at high risk and that includes those who don’t accept the first.
yes bart, yes, yes, yes

I posted what i'd like to see (my opinion) not the reality of the situation.
Bart

Post by Bart »

tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:19 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:15 pm
yes bart, yes, yes, yes

I posted what i'd like to see (my opinion) not the reality of the situation.
That’s fair enough. I’m hopeful the treatment is a game changer.

Return to “POLITICS”