Jared Bernhardt

D1 Mens Lacrosse
keno in reno

Re: Jared Bernhardt

Post by keno in reno »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:39 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:19 pm Needless to say I'm happy Bernhardt and his Dogs won it all but I find the NFL talk and Bernhardt a bit of a stretch. The only reason one would stay tuned into that game last night was because they had an interest in it outside of football, it was an awful game and I wouldn't call Valdosta State's defense stellar. Did the Dogs even punt once (I don't think so)? I recognize that Bernhardt is a very good athlete but the NFL is a whole lot different game than the level he played at this season (was hurt quite a bit too). Am pulling for him but I wouldn't put any money on it based on what I watched last night.
Meanwhile the Wisconsin Badgers women's volleyball team beat Nebraska for their first National Title last night, they were playing at the same time as Ferris was running all over the hapless Blazers. Now that was real, and intense, competition. Here are the scores of that best of five series; 25-22 N, 31-29 W, 25-23 W, 25-23 N, 15-12 W. No idea why the fifth game is only played to 15. Was fantastic.
i agree. i don't see him getting drafted, or at least not before the 6th or 7th round. which is pretty close to free agent.

also didn't like how he caught passes on the sideline at half if i can parse it all.
congrats to wisconsin.
Sorry, those 2 statements deserve an LOL though
DMac

Post by DMac »

keno in reno wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:35 pm
DMac wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:19 pm Needless to say I'm happy Bernhardt and his Dogs won it all but I find the NFL talk and Bernhardt a bit of a stretch. The only reason one would stay tuned into that game last night was because they had an interest in it outside of football, it was an awful game and I wouldn't call Valdosta State's defense stellar. Did the Dogs even punt once (I don't think so)? I recognize that Bernhardt is a very good athlete but the NFL is a whole lot different game than the level he played at this season (was hurt quite a bit too). Am pulling for him but I wouldn't put any money on it based on what I watched last night.
Meanwhile the Wisconsin Badgers women's volleyball team beat Nebraska for their first National Title last night, they were playing at the same time as Ferris was running all over the hapless Blazers. Now that was real, and intense, competition. Here are the scores of that best of five series; 25-22 N, 31-29 W, 25-23 W, 25-23 N, 15-12 W. No idea why the fifth game is only played to 15. Was fantastic.
Yep, the volleyball was awesome. Not sure how Valdosta's ineptness has anything to do with Jared. He would have run for 400 yards if he wasnt hurt. His coach said he could play for anyone including Alabama. Nobody is saying Jared is a first rounder, but he has NFL athleticism and he's got good size for a receiver as well.
Jared is a super athlete and again, I'm pulling for him. The way I see it, Valdosta's ineptness absolutely comes into play, you might be light at 400. I heard a lot of Carc in those announcers last night in "the best in college football at any level", etc.
I found it hard to accept that given the level of competition he was playing against, it didn't take a whole lot to beat those guys and Ferris didn't skip a beat with or without Jared. We'll see, I hope the T Award winner and National Champ in two sports gets the call if that's what he's hoping for.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

keno in reno wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:44 pm
i agree. i don't see him getting drafted, or at least not before the 6th or 7th round. which is pretty close to free agent.

also didn't like how he caught passes on the sideline at half if i can parse it all.
congrats to wisconsin.
no problem. it's really 4 statements in 5 sentences. clarity on which 2?
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:49 pm

congrats to wisconsin.
6th and 7th round are absolutely drafted. There are only 7 rounds in the draft; you can't just cut out 28% of the draft and say they're almost free agents.
Judging Jared on how he caught some warm-up passes, as the active quarterback, on the sideline is like saying Randy Moss is slow because he never hustled to the locker room.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

keno in reno wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:56 pm

congrats to wisconsin.
6th and 7th round are absolutely drafted. There are only 7 rounds in the draft; you can't just cut out 28% of the draft and say they're almost free agents.
Judging Jared on how he caught some warm-up passes, as the active quarterback, on the sideline is like saying Randy Moss is slow because he never hustled to the locker room.
oh, ok.

no, it's not like moss jogging to the locker room at all. we know moss could run. we don't know jared can catch passes.

sounds like a wager. drafted vs not? you got my digits, p.m. me.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

wgdsr wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:01 pm

congrats to wisconsin.
oh, ok.

no, it's not like moss jogging to the locker room at all. we know moss could run. we don't know jared can catch passes.

If the ultimate goal was to prepare for the NFL, And the player has focused his entire college career on a different sport, why wouldn’t he try to play the position he would play in the NFL at the highest level possible for 1 year? Common sense says He could have walked on at Maryland as a WR or did they not want him? Great athlete but agree, I wouldn’t bet on him sticking on a roster………….it’s statistically possible, but a huge long shot.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

blue angels wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:19 pm

congrats to wisconsin.
oh, ok.

If the ultimate goal was to prepare for the NFL, And the player has focused his entire college career on a different sport, why wouldn’t he try to play the position he would play in the NFL at the highest level possible for 1 year? Common sense says He could have walked on at Maryland as a WR or did they not want him? Great athlete but agree, I wouldn’t bet on him sticking on a roster………….it’s statistically possible, but a huge long shot.
Only Jared knows what his ultimate goal was this year, but he won a 2nd NCAA national championship which completes a legendary career. What is your statistically possible but huge long shot calculation that he makes the NFL?
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Unlikely
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

keno in reno wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:15 pm

congrats to wisconsin.
oh, ok.

Only Jared knows what his ultimate goal was this year, but he won a 2nd NCAA national championship which completes a legendary career. What is your statistically possible but huge long shot calculation that he makes the NFL?
Jared had an incredible season behind the best offensive line in Division II college football. Congratulations to him and Ferris State.

I am doubtful an NFL team will use a draft pick on him, but I think it is likely that at least one team will invite him to camp and assess him at RB or special teams.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

queue Bill Belichick....where Chris Mattis is working. There is also connection with UoA O-line coach and past Texans coach O'Brien. Someone will give him a shot.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:37 am queue Bill Belichick....where Chris Mattis is working. There is also connection with UoA O-line coach and past Texans coach O'Brien. Someone will give him a shot.
I, too, would be surprised if he isn't, at a minimum, invited to a camp.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:18 am

congrats to wisconsin.
oh, ok.

Jared had an incredible season behind the best offensive line in Division II college football. Congratulations to him and Ferris State.

I am doubtful an NFL team will use a draft pick on him, but I think it is likely that at least one team will invite him to camp and assess him at RB or special teams.

DocBarrister
Add slot receiver and maybe even CB as positions for assessment. His yards after catch could be off the charts.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:34 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:18 am

congrats to wisconsin.
oh, ok.

DocBarrister
Add slot receiver and maybe even CB as positions for assessment. His yards after catch could be off the charts.
Good points, SCLA.

Anyone know Jared’s 40 yard time and vertical leap?

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

As a RB? Really Doc...he wouldn't last 2 days once contact started. Slot is where I would give him a shot(i.e. Chris Hogan).
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

FMUBart wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:02 pm As a RB? Really Doc...he wouldn't last 2 days once contact started. Slot is where I would give him a shot(i.e. Chris Hogan).
Not sure the hits would be any less at slot.

Anyway, Jared needs a great offensive line if he is to ever see an NFL field. Otherwise, you are right … wouldn’t last 2 days.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Former Maryland lacrosse star Jared Bernhardt will be among the prospects at the Terps’ pro day Wednesday.
Bacondoesstuff2

Post by Bacondoesstuff2 »

good luck to him. I think he will light it up in the speed drills. Figure he will get his chance as an undrafted free agent.
Bacondoesstuff2

Post by Bacondoesstuff2 »

Sounds like Montgomery from Duke is putting his name in the ring for the NFL too. Good luck to him! Speed will get you noticed.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Last edited by AreaLax on Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

FMUBart wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:02 pm As a RB? Really Doc...he wouldn't last 2 days once contact started. Slot is where I would give him a shot(i.e. Chris Hogan).
Same size as Danny Woodhead.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”