January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:22 pm
ggait wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:04 pm So salty objects to using the USA military as “lab rats” for the Covid vax.

Um…fully approved by the fda for many months now. Nine BILLION vax shots administered worldwide already.

So who thinks Salty’s comment is the single most dumb forking thing ever posted on Laxpower (excluding junk posted by Peter)?

Way to ring out the old year Salty. What the fork is wrong with you?
There are some obnoxious, hateful mother'fers on here but you get top billing ggait. Happy f'ing New Year... jerk.
somehow I doubt you've hurt his feelings tech37. :D

But I will say there's some truly ridiculously dumb stuff getting spouted on the School Closings thread, so Salty's has some time stiff competition. But yeah, "lab rats" is pretty darn dumb. Which is disappointing, because Salty himself ain't dumb.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:39 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:31 pm "No ill effects." Many at my workplace are asking, "What are the potential long-term effects of that vaccine on that 7 year old girl?"
Ask them what the side effects are for the MMR vaccine. Or the vaccine for polio.

And when they can't answer those two questions, then you realize their question about ONLY the Covid vaccine is entirely political---or if you prefer, shallow and topical. They're 'woke' on this vaccine, and this vaccine only.
old salt wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:57 pmI got mine for personal reasons. It's a personal decision. I say either way, "to each their own." I have zero care or sympathy for the unvaxxed. They haven't harmed me or directly effected my family.
Oh, yes they have. The bill hasn't arrived yet, though, because Biden is bailing them out, and making you and your family pay for their health care choices. Those ICU's and hospital beds ain't cheap. And right now? The antivaxxers are staying there on YOUR dime, Kram.

But I'll remind you of this point when not only insurance premiums go up...but when you complain about inflation from all the borrowed billions we're still spending on Covid because we're not at that 93%+ vaccinated rate.
What does it matter which vaccine or topic they are "woke" for? When has hypocrisy or shallow and topical thinking ever mattered in the US? Do I need to remind you of "My body, my choice" for abortion, but not for the vaccine?

So the inflation and borrowed billions are all going to the hospitals, nothing else? Including the cost of the "free" vaccines or all the stimulus packages that have been given out? We're not borrowing more because the gov't suspended student loan and rent payments? Etc. etc.

When my insurance premiums go up, just let me know the cause- is it for self-inflicted inflation or the crowded hospitals? I actually say good for Biden for using my tax dollars for something tangible for a change.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:17 pm https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-arm ... en-budget/

We can downsize and save on benefits if these guys don’t want to comply.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vikrammitt ... ation/amp/

Paradigm shift (antiquated term).

https://themilitarywallet.com/join-mili ... ownsizing/
That sounds great in theory. The problem comes when a mission arises and there ain't enough soldiers to effectively complete the mission. Then whatta do?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:50 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:31 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:46 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:33 pm That won't happen, a fan, in ten years with a history the troops will have a record to go on and won't consider themselves lab rats.
I'd understand position if, for example, the US government rolled out the vaccine by forcing troops to take the vaccine before anyone else. And if troops were the ONLY people taking the vaccine.

But that's not what happened. Every former and current President has been vaccinated, for example. A full year ago. Biden took his in Dec of 2020. And as GGait points out, we're at 8 Billion and counting taking it.

But to my questions to OS: what's your military plan for the next virus if 42% of troops (the current unvaxxed between 18-24 yo in the US) won't take the same vaccine that a 7 year old girl takes, with no ill effects?
"No ill effects." Many at my workplace are asking, "What are the potential long-term effects of that vaccine on that 7 year old girl?" I got mine for personal reasons. It's a personal decision. I say either way, "to each their own." I have zero care or sympathy for the unvaxxed. They haven't harmed me or directly effected my family. And we have been recently gone through the medical system with an ongoing health issue.
As for Jan 6, it was scary, yes. The history and life of a nation can be scary. All of these events are part of history. What comes next we can only guess. Are we at the precipice of the nation falling or a major change? Was it just a blip? Unless you know how to influence the nation, it is what it is.
January 6: “…it is what it is.” You should probably be a speechwriter for democracy.
Please point me to your profound answer to what occurred on Jan 6 and prediction on what the future holds, Nostradamus.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:59 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:17 pm https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-arm ... en-budget/

That sounds great in theory. The problem comes when a mission arises and there ain't enough soldiers to effectively complete the mission. Then whatta do?
We're at 98% of active duty that have been vaccinated.

Pretty sure we'll get to over 90% of Guard as well, but time will tell.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:00 pm
seacoaster wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:50 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:31 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:46 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:33 pm That won't happen, a fan, in ten years with a history the troops will have a record to go on and won't consider themselves lab rats.
I'd understand position if, for example, the US government rolled out the vaccine by forcing troops to take the vaccine before anyone else. And if troops were the ONLY people taking the vaccine.

But that's not what happened. Every former and current President has been vaccinated, for example. A full year ago. Biden took his in Dec of 2020. And as GGait points out, we're at 8 Billion and counting taking it.

But to my questions to OS: what's your military plan for the next virus if 42% of troops (the current unvaxxed between 18-24 yo in the US) won't take the same vaccine that a 7 year old girl takes, with no ill effects?
"No ill effects." Many at my workplace are asking, "What are the potential long-term effects of that vaccine on that 7 year old girl?" I got mine for personal reasons. It's a personal decision. I say either way, "to each their own." I have zero care or sympathy for the unvaxxed. They haven't harmed me or directly effected my family. And we have been recently gone through the medical system with an ongoing health issue.
As for Jan 6, it was scary, yes. The history and life of a nation can be scary. All of these events are part of history. What comes next we can only guess. Are we at the precipice of the nation falling or a major change? Was it just a blip? Unless you know how to influence the nation, it is what it is.
January 6: “…it is what it is.” You should probably be a speechwriter for democracy.
Please point me to your profound answer to what occurred on Jan 6 and prediction on what the future holds, Nostradamus.
Seems to me that seacoaster has numerous times explained his views and his concerns for democracy, in great detail.

I agree. We maintain our democracy only if we care enough to do so.

That said, I think I understood your intended meaning to not be quite as dismissive as it sounded.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:06 pm

IDK what the rate is for NG soldiers that serve in critical MOS. I understand the situation is different for regular Army and NG. I honestly don't know where the line of demarcation is for RA and NG/AR units.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Write your congressman.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:26 pm

IDK what the rate is for NG soldiers that serve in critical MOS. I understand the situation is different for regular Army and NG. I honestly don't know where the line of demarcation is for RA and NG/AR units.
understood...I'm simply saying that while your general point that we may actually need these folks is fair, it's pretty darn clear that active duty folks aren't having much difficulty deciding to follow orders. They're ready...And over 60% of Guard don't seem to have an issue either...and I suspect that if there weren't these other folks trying to stir them up politically, the proportion of vaxxed would be similar to active duty military.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:04 pm So salty objects to using the USA military as “lab rats” for the Covid vax.

Um…fully approved by the fda for many months now. Nine BILLION vax shots administered worldwide already.

So who thinks Salty’s comment is the single most dumb forking thing ever posted on Laxpower (excluding junk posted by Peter)?

Maybe ggaslight will tell us about the vax mandate for state employees in CO. How does it compare to the military & NG ?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:54 pm

Maybe ggaslight will tell us about the vax mandate for state employees in CO. How does it compare to the military & NG ?
Folks at the DMV and hunting & fishing licensing department aren’t defending the United States of America.

https://fox8.com/news/ready-to-serve-oh ... itals/amp/
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

But yeah, "lab rats" is pretty darn dumb.
Yeah, it is really outrageous to require a serviceman to step up and take worldwide dose number 9,000,000,001. That's crazy shirt right there!

I mean until we are over 20 years into it and over 1 trillion doses, well you just don't really know...

Thank god people were not this forking stupid back in the 1950s. Because if they were, we'd still be swimming in seas of polio, measles, smallpox, etc. etc. etc.

FYI, the first vax mandate in the USA for servicemen was issued by Gen George Washington in 1777.

When did we become the United States of MAGA Dumb-Fork-istan?

P.S. Even Trump knows enough to get triple vaxed. But Sarah Palin will only take her shot "over her dead body." That's turning the mouth breathing dumb assery up to 11.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:46 pm But to my questions to OS: what's your military plan for the next virus if 42% of troops (the current unvaxxed between 18-24 yo in the US) won't take the same vaccine that a 7 year old girl takes, with no ill effects?
:lol: ...enough with your absurd hypotherticals. Look at the vax rates for the military, without having to throw anyone out.
Bully some other captive cohort of citizens.
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronaviru ... vaccinated

The Air Force was the first of the branches to announce dismissals, saying Tuesday it had discharged 27 people who refused to get the vaccine. On Thursday, the Marines said it had discharged 103 troops. The Army has reprimanded 2,700 soldiers and said it will begin discharge proceedings in the new year. And the Navy this week told commanders to start "administrative separations" for "vaccine refusers."

But the vast majority of the armed services have followed orders. In the Navy, 98.4% of its force fully vaccinated, according to the Associated Press. The Air Force says 97.5% have received at least one shot. Army officials said that 98% of active-duty forces have received at least one dose of the vaccine, while 96% — nearly half a million people — are fully vaccinated. About 95% of Marine Corps forces have gotten at least one shot.

That still leaves potentially thousands of active-duty soldiers who might be forced out in the coming weeks or months.

At least 12,000 service members have asked for religious exemptions, none of which have yet been granted.

The Pentagon has also required all National Guard members to get vaccinated against the coronavirus, but some states have pushed back. Republican governors from five states wrote to the defense secretary this week arguing that the Pentagon didn't have the authority to discharge Guard members for refusing the vaccine.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Our commie homosexual governor is surprisingly laid back on the vax and mask mandates. I'm not sure that his position is the correct public health policy. But it does have a lot of common sense appeal.

He's basically saying "if you get sick at this point, it is your own stupid fault. You are being a complete dumb ass. But I guess you have some kind of right to be a completely stupid dumb ass."

Only problem with telling the mouth breathers to fork off is, when they get sick, they'll be running to hospitals and begging for every kind of experimental EUA treatment under the sun.

When I get rushed to the hospital after a heart attack or a car crash, I don't want to be turned away because my ICU bed is being filled by Covid-ey Lauren Boebert. If you didn't believe in Fauci and CDC and Docs and medicines and experts before, then what the heck are you doing in here now in my bed?
Last edited by ggait on Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:57 pm

Folks at the DMV and hunting & fishing licensing department aren’t defending the United States of America.

Hey, it's just a job right. No different than DMV or game warden. Right ?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:16 pm

What about the legislative branch....just running the country.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:26 pm

“Critical” MOS? Ouch. If every MOS isn’t critical why do we staff them?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:16 pm

Some elements are universal. Both are in my pocket.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:09 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:46 pm But to my questions to OS: what's your military plan for the next virus if 42% of troops (the current unvaxxed between 18-24 yo in the US) won't take the same vaccine that a 7 year old girl takes, with no ill effects?
:lol: ...enough with your absurd hypotherticals.
:lol: And instead, let's use YOUR absurd hypotheticals? That's the plan?

Alright, have it your way. Let's move to reality: The order came down, discharges are rolling out through the Marines, AIr Force, and Army. Navy is next....so that's the end of the discussion.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

ggait wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:00 pm
But yeah, "lab rats" is pretty darn dumb.
Yeah, it is really outrageous to require a serviceman to step up and take worldwide dose number 9,000,000,001. That's crazy shirt right there!

I mean until we are over 20 years into it and over 1 trillion doses, well you just don't really know...

Thank god people were not this forking stupid back in the 1950s. Because if they were, we'd still be swimming in seas of polio, measles, smallpox, etc. etc. etc.

FYI, the first vax mandate in the USA for servicemen was issued by Gen George Washington in 1777.

When did we become the United States of MAGA Dumb-Fork-istan?

P.S. Even Trump knows enough to get triple vaxed. But Sarah Palin will only take her shot "over her dead body." That's turning the mouth breathing dumb assery up to 11.
“Over her dead body.”

One can only dream…
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."

Return to “POLITICS”