January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
ggait

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by ggait »

Um.

Guys get run out of the military all the time for not following the rules. That’s how the military works.

Since when do we let the soldiers pick and choose between which rules they feel like following (the 17 other required vaccines) and the ones they don’t (just one vaccine with no valid reason).

Buh bye mouth breathers. Thanks for your service, but if you value maga bull shirt political views more than your duty and following orders, you are no longer fit to serve.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:21 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:18 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:01 pm This is nothing new. Apparently Biden, & those advising him, learned nothing from the anthrax vaccination fiasco.
How many healthy young service members, with acquired immunity, perfectly able to survive if infected,
will be needlessly run out of the service ?
It's as if we've learned nothing about Covid in the past 2 years.
And after you let give them a pass on this vaccine, OS...what happens with the next life saving vaccine for a different virus...and even more refuse to take it?

OS, for F's sake----we have States with >50% vaccine rates. What's your brilliant plan if we tell our armed forces "you don't have to take vaccines", and they agree, and stop taking vaccines....and then we get an outbreak with a new virus?

Now what? Half our troops are out of service, and we need them to.....oh, I don't know....defend our country?

Lost at sea.
How many active duty service members died from covid before they were vaccinated ?
You're right. I forgot I'm in 2021 Republica land where I shouldn't care about the health of others. So yes, old salt, F our troops and their health. What was I thinking, worrying about a virus ripping through a tin can submarine?

So what I should ONLY care about is: how many of our troops couldn't stand to post because they were too sick to do it?

Answer: I dunno, because our military would never tell us if our troop's readiness was compromised.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:19 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:59 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:56 pm This is nothing new. Apparently Biden, & those advising him, learned nothing from the anthrax vaccination fiasco.
How many healthy young service members, with acquired immunity, perfectly able to survive if infected, will be needlessly run out of the service ?

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... igh-price/
We have learned COVID has killed anywhere between 5 million and 20 million people.
How many of them could pass the military's Physical Readiness Test standards & meet the military's BMI requirement ?
You're an expert on stupid, for sure.
Who cares…can you pass today? You give me a lot of field work, son.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:26 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:01 pm This is nothing new. Apparently Biden, & those advising him, learned nothing from the anthrax vaccination fiasco.
How many healthy young service members, with acquired immunity, perfectly able to survive if infected,
And after you let give them a pass on this vaccine, OS...what happens with the next life saving vaccine for a different virus...and even more refuse to take it?

OS, for F's sake----we have States with >50% vaccine rates. What's your brilliant plan if we tell our armed forces "you don't have to take vaccines", and they agree, and stop taking vaccines....and then we get an outbreak with a new virus?

Now what? Half our troops are out of service, and we need them to.....oh, I don't know....defend our country?

Lost at sea.
How many active duty service members died from covid before they were vaccinated ?
You're right. I forgot I'm in 2021 Republica land where I shouldn't care about the health of others. So yes, old salt, F our troops and their health. What was I thinking, worrying about a virus ripping through a tin can submarine?

So what I should ONLY care about is: how many of our troops couldn't stand to post because they were too sick to do it?

Answer: I dunno, because our military would never tell us if our troop's readiness was compromised.
How many crew members died, or were even hospitalized, on the TR, at sea & in quarantine on Guam, before we had any vaccines or therapeutics ?

If you're going to force all service members to get vaxxed, then round up all their fellow un-vaxxed citizens & force them to get vaxxed.
Stop using the military as lab rats. Protect the vulnerable. Let the rest live their lives. With variants, it's impossible to stop the spread.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:35 pm
a fan wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:26 pm

Lost at sea.

How many crew members died, or were even hospitalized, on the TR, at sea & in quarantine on Guam, before we had any vaccines or therapeutics ?

If you're going to force all service members to get vaxxed, then round up all their fellow un-vaxxed citizens & force them to get vaxxed.
Stop using the military as lab rats. Protect the vulnerable. Let the rest live their lives. With variants, it's impossible to stop the spread.
:lol: :lol: that mask came off a long time ago.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:35 pm How many crew members died, or were even hospitalized, on the TR, at sea & in quarantine on Guam, before we had any vaccines or therapeutics ?
You think our military leaders would EVER tell us that, OS?
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:35 pm If you're going to force all service members to get vaxxed, then round up all their fellow un-vaxxed citizens & force them to get vaxxed.
What the F are you talking about? YOU had to get vaccinations to do your job around the world, OS. Did you whine and complain about it? Did you ask them to google the side effects for you so that you could "do your own research"? F no.

My five year old HAD to get SEVERAL vaccines to attend school. Are you telling me that our troops and military leaders are now so scared and weak.... that my five year old is braver than they are? Really?

Holy cow, has Trump done a number on our nation. I've got Veterans in 2021 telling me that vaccines are scary, and we shouldn't keep our own American soldiers safe, healthy, and fit for duty. Because vaccines are bad.

Can't wait to hear what TinFoilHat Nation is cooking up for us next.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ggait wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:24 pm Um.

Guys get run out of the military all the time for not following the rules. That’s how the military works.

Since when do we let the soldiers pick and choose between which rules they feel like following (the 17 other required vaccines) and the ones they don’t (just one vaccine with no valid reason).

Buh bye mouth breathers. Thanks for your service, but if you value maga bull shirt political views more than your duty and following orders, you are no longer fit to serve.
Not if your RA. Uncle Sam invested a lot of money training you. You ever heard of " Charlie's chicken farm" ?
You should stick to the law counselor. When it comes to how our military operates you do not know your ass from a hole in the ground.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:56 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:24 pm Um.

Not if your RA. Uncle Sam invested a lot of money training you. You ever heard of " Charlie's chicken farm" ?
You should stick to the law counselor. When it comes to how our military operates you do not know your ass from a hole in the ground.
https://usarmybasic.com/about-the-army/army-shots?amp

https://www.thebalancecareers.com/milit ... ns-4058318

Dishonorable discharge the guys that refuse orders.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.afmc.af.mil/News/Article-Di ... s-history/

https://academic.oup.com/epirev/article/28/1/3/567796

Call their bluff. Get them off the payroll and out of my pocket if these soldiers don’t want to follow orders.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:32 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:23 pm Oh please just stop with the mouth breather gaslighting bull shirt, Salty.

FYI, the mouth breather governor from OK has raised no objection to any of the 17 other vaccinations that NG service members are required to get for diseases such as Anthrax, Chickenpox, Polio, Rabies, Typhoid, and Measles, Mumps, and Rubella.

Just kick the anti-vax mouth breathers out of the NG if they won't take the shot. Fork 'em.

They likely suck as soldiers anyway. Probably the kind of jack wad service members (of which there were soooo many) storming the Capital on 1/6. Good Riddance!!!!
We no longer have conscripts to fill the ranks. You don't know how good they are as soldiers. The Army just lost 2 Battalion Commanders over this. Let's see how many more Marines we lose. It's totally unnecessary.
https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/ ... al/359880/

It's not just a problem in OK. https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/ ... ds/359827/

How many service members -- Active, Reserve & Guard -- will be unnecessarily lost over this failure in political leadership ?
The failure is the idiot Governors and any officer going along with it, ignoring the Commander in Chief.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:55 pm
What the F are you talking about? YOU had to get vaccinations to do your job around the world, OS. Did you whine and complain about it? Did you ask them to google the side effects for you so that you could "do your own research"? F no.

My five year old HAD to get SEVERAL vaccines to attend school. Are you telling me that our troops and military leaders are now so scared and weak.... that my five year old is braver than they are? Really?
Your one-size-fits all logic does not work here either.

We were vaccinated for protection against infectious diseases peculiar to the area to which we were deploying (like malaria & yellow fever), not against a universal pandemic which to us, as young, healthy deploy-able human specimens, would be no more serious than a cold or flu.

Covid is no longer a threat to the young & the healthy. If service members had covid risk factors, they'd already be medically disqualified from serving.

Your toddler is vaxxed against diseases like measels which can be nearly eliminated, as we were vaxxed against polio.

Covid has become endemic, like the flu or the common cold. Covid boosters will become like annual flu shots, possibly combined with them.

The military is like any other employer. It's hard to find enough people willing to serve who are qualified, meet the physical standards & are willing to surrender their rights, as it is. Symbolic mandates like this, will force (or drive) more people out of the service than the virus would take. Most troops will take the shot if ordered, even more if combined with an extra day of weekend liberty.

This is a stupid fight to pick. Biden should focus on getting his Amtrak friends vaxxed.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:04 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:32 pm
ggait wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:23 pm Oh please just stop with the mouth breather gaslighting bull shirt, Salty.

FYI, the mouth breather governor from OK has raised no objection to any of the 17 other vaccinations that NG service members are required to get for diseases such as Anthrax, Chickenpox, Polio, Rabies, Typhoid, and Measles, Mumps, and Rubella.

Just kick the anti-vax mouth breathers out of the NG if they won't take the shot. Fork 'em.

They likely suck as soldiers anyway. Probably the kind of jack wad service members (of which there were soooo many) storming the Capital on 1/6. Good Riddance!!!!
We no longer have conscripts to fill the ranks. You don't know how good they are as soldiers. The Army just lost 2 Battalion Commanders over this. Let's see how many more Marines we lose. It's totally unnecessary.
https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/ ... al/359880/

It's not just a problem in OK. https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/ ... ds/359827/

How many service members -- Active, Reserve & Guard -- will be unnecessarily lost over this failure in political leadership ?
The failure is the idiot Governors and any officer going along with it, ignoring the Commander in Chief.
Let's see if Gen Hokanson orders the Court Martial of BG Mancino, ...or waits for the Courts to rule.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:10 pm

On a partisan Republican? I agree. Logic doesn't work. Clearly. US Troops are dying unnecessarily because of right wing propaganda, OS.

Remember when everyone went full on bonkers over...what was it.....13 KIA in the botched Afghanistan withdrawal? I guess I was fooled into thinking that we should avoid unnecessary military deaths like that, but I guess not.

Because we now have 52 KIA from Covid, OS....all unvaxxed, according to the military. Last I checked, 52 is more than 13. So should we avoid getting these men and women killed for no reason, or not?

What's next for your military suggestions? Get rid of the dumb ol' helmets, because hey, the odds of taking a round to the head are the same as dying from the common cold.....or some other dumb*ss metaphor that makes zero sense?

This is the height of absurdity, and you know it. Stop trolling.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... wo-months/
Typical Lax Dad

We were vaccinated for protection against infectious diseases peculiar to the area to which we were deploying (like malaria & yellow fever), not against a universal pandemic which to us, as young, healthy deploy-able human specimens, would be no more serious than a cold or flu.

Covid is no longer a threat to the young & the healthy. If service members had covid risk factors, they'd already be medically disqualified from serving.

Your toddler is vaxxed against diseases like measels which can be nearly eliminated, as we were vaxxed against polio.

Covid has become endemic, like the flu or the common cold. Covid boosters will become like annual flu shots, possibly combined with them.

The military is like any other employer. It's hard to find enough people willing to serve who are qualified, meet the physical standards & are willing to surrender their rights, as it is. Symbolic mandates like this, will force (or drive) more people out of the service than the virus would take. Most troops will take the shot if ordered, even more if combined with an extra day of weekend liberty.

This is a stupid fight to pick. Biden should focus on getting his Amtrak friends vaxxed.
We aren’t policing the world anymore. We can right size now…. Like we all do.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:06 am

On a partisan Republican? I agree. Logic doesn't work. Clearly. US Troops are dying unnecessarily because of right wing propaganda, OS.

Remember when everyone went full on bonkers over...what was it.....13 KIA in the botched Afghanistan withdrawal? I guess I was fooled into thinking that we should avoid unnecessary military deaths like that, but I guess not.

Because we now have 52 KIA from Covid, OS....all unvaxxed, according to the military. Last I checked, 52 is more than 13. So should we avoid getting these men and women killed for no reason, or not?

What's next for your military suggestions? Get rid of the dumb ol' helmets, because hey, the odds of taking a round to the head are the same as dying from the common cold.....or some other dumb*ss metaphor that makes zero sense?

This is the height of absurdity, and you know it. Stop trolling.

* https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pent ... wo-months/
So let's throw several thousand out of the service because they refuse to get vaxxed. The numbers don't work in your favor.

Look at the ages & the jobs in the recent upsurge you cited. The Delta surge is thinning the herd. Picking off the older, less arduous duty troops.
After Delta burns through, the numbers will come back down.

* It took more than a year for 26 service members to die of COVID-19, even as the pandemic raged through the country. It took two months for that death toll to double this summer.

To date, 52 troops have died from COVID-19 complications. None of them have been fully vaccinated,
That total is up six from the previous week. After more than a year in which, generally, one or two service members died each month, August saw eight deaths and September has seen nine so far.

The latest deaths reported to the Defense Department include:
Gas Turbine System Technician 1st Class ...39, of Expeditionary Warfare Training Group .
Army Staff Sgt. 32, Military Police
Marine Corps Gunnery Sgt. 36, of Recruiting Station
Air Force Lt. Col, 51, Operations Group .
Army Reserve 54, Troop Medical Clinic
Air National Guard senior master sergeant, 52, Civil Engineering Squadron.

Their deaths bring the military’s COVID-19 mortality rate to just over 0.02, much lower than the roughly 2-percent rate nationwide, but 50 times higher than it was during previous surges last year. Roughly 10 percent of troops have been diagnosed with COVID-19, vs. 13 percent of U.S. residents.
{is the rate of testing the same, military vs civilian ?}

Relatively old, sedentary jobs, no combat arms or flight crew.
The same unhealthy, at risk, unvaxxed will still die from Delta once you throw them out.

Keep trying to motivate them to get vaxxed, but don't throw them out if they won't.
US Grant would prefer to retain the stubborn unvaxxed young & fit combat infantrymen & marine riflemen who think they're immortal, rather than throw them out of the service. The juice isn't worth the squeeze.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:09 pm https://www.army.mil/article/252821/act ... fusal_rate

Fire the mouth breathers….they are dishonorable.

https://www.newsweek.com/list-vaccines- ... 1228?amp=1
Has your company or business fired all the unvaxxed, dishonorable mouth breathers ? How about your wife's & kids' employers ?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:50 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 10:09 pm https://www.army.mil/article/252821/act ... fusal_rate

Fire the mouth breathers….they are dishonorable.

https://www.newsweek.com/list-vaccines- ... 1228?amp=1
Has your company or business fired all the unvaxxed, dishonorable mouth breathers ? How about your wife's & kids' employers ?
We had to hold off for now because of recent court rulings. A few big clients are doing the same. Tighten up your belt. We had a work force reduction in February also. My wife’s school doesn’t have a vaccine requirement…. Not even for students. My son’s chairman put folks on notice back in September. He’s doesn’t have time for nonsense. A legitimate reason is one thing. Like a medical exemption.
“I wish you would!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

So sad to see you post this, over many years I learned a lot from your postings; this is just lame.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU88 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:10 am

So sad to see you post this, over many years I learned a lot from your postings; this is just lame.
Lame why? Because you don't like hearing how other people think?
Dealing with the vaccine mandate at my work, and a large number of veterans (~60% at my company), this is the way a significant chunk of people feel. Remember, Biden won 51% to 47%. There are tons of people who generally don't agree with Biden's decisions.

Return to “POLITICS”