Cornell 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: Cornell 2022

Post by wgdsr »

Chousnake wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:04 pm Cornell closed its campus today after a recent surge of Covid cases and went to online finals for the remainder of the semester. Cornell had 456 cases in the entire Spring semester and 465 this semester through December 4. They had 411 cases in the past two days. They also detected a significant number of Omicron cases.
good luck to the ivy league this winter and coming spring. fingers crossed.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Hopefully we get to the other side by the end of January. Fingers crossed.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
another fan

Post by another fan »

Hopeful, but have a bad feeling about this.

As an additional piece of bad news, Christian Alacqua has flipped to Notre Dame. Really liked his game, including great wheels.
calourie

Post by calourie »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:31 pm
Chousnake wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:04 pm Cornell closed its campus today after a recent surge of Covid cases and went to online finals for the remainder of the semester. Cornell had 456 cases in the entire Spring semester and 465 this semester through December 4. They had 411 cases in the past two days. They also detected a significant number of Omicron cases.
good luck to the ivy league this winter and coming spring. fingers crossed.
Not the most encouraging of news, and hopefully more information is forthcoming. Hard to imagine this being strictly a Cornell or Ivy League problem. The current winter sports season as well as the spring are apt to be under meaningful Covid protocols throughout the country. Hopefully the Ivies can come up with some directives that allow winter and springs sports to be played even if on a limited situational basis, as opposed to being canceled outright as they were last year.
drunkmonkey30

Post by drunkmonkey30 »

Home basketball games (M & W) were canceled this weekend. Wrestling is still on, traveling for an away meet.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Thomas Walters MD @thomasjwwalters
A week of Covid spread at Cornell University in Ithaca. There are about 25,000 students. 97% are fully vaccinated. Over 7 days 900 students confirmed positive for Covid. Reports are that a high percentage of cases are #Omicron
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

:shock: Imagine, if you will, a virus so dangerous, you have to be tested to even know that you have/had it :?
Typical Lax Dad

FMUBart wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:27 pm :shock: Imagine, if you will, a virus so dangerous, you have to be tested to even know that you have/had it :?
Imagine of you will a virus so dangerous it has killed over 5 million people and the estimate is that that number is 3x-4x low given the magnitude of excess deaths in some countries and the response is meh, games need to be played.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

TLD i am begging you to stop. We all get the issues at hand. Let’s stick to lacrosse and leave the covid/societal opinions for another thread.
Kikin

Post by Kikin »

Ahh, remember a few months ago when I made a comment about recruits for the Ivies sitting in their dorms watching the other schools play? Everyone jumped on me. Welp, here we go! I would laugh if it was funny, but it's sad. I think there is a very strong chance that the ivies will not play this spring or at least miss a part of their season.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

HGK25 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:56 pm TLD i am begging you to stop. We all get the issues at hand. Let’s stick to lacrosse and leave the covid/societal opinions for another thread.
If people would stop posting nonsense like FMUBart's, there'd be no need for TLD to respond.
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

Gobigred wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:36 pm
HGK25 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:56 pm TLD i am begging you to stop. We all get the issues at hand. Let’s stick to lacrosse and leave the covid/societal opinions for another thread.
If people would stop posting nonsense like FMUBart's, there'd be no need for TLD to respond.
I think the LA Rams might disagree that his opinion is nonsense after MNF and the follow up covid results for 9 of their players.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

I really don't like covid discussions on the lacrosse thread either. However, I was wondering if students had, generally, received the "booster" shot. South African studies have shown the 2 jabs plus booster are good protection against Omicron.

Cornell cancelling the Bryant men's basketball game is unfortunate, but Ivy competition doesn't start until 2022. Ice hockey has a very challenging schedule ahead, and a national ranking. It would be a shame to see these games cancelled, especially since ice hockey is a low transmission sport.
Typical Lax Dad

:?: I am responding to non lacrosse jabber. Like I said, I will worry about IL cancelling Spring lacrosse when it becomes an issue. I am sure nobody wants to repeat 2021 if they can help it. Hoping this gets by us in January and so long as hospitals are not filling up, we should get some lacrosse..I will even live with no fans if it’s streamed. I am hopeful.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

faircornell wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:10 pm I really don't like covid discussions on the lacrosse thread either. However, I was wondering if students had, generally, received the "booster" shot. South African studies have shown the 2 jabs plus booster are good protection against Omicron.

Cornell cancelling the Bryant men's basketball game is unfortunate, but Ivy competition doesn't start until 2022. Ice hockey has a very challenging schedule ahead, and a national ranking. It would be a shame to see these games cancelled, especially since ice hockey is a low transmission sport.
According to the Wall Street Journal, all students at Princeton require the booster by January 31, 2022. I don't know if other Ivies have followed (or will follow) this timing requirement as well.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

HGK25 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:54 pm
I think the LA Rams might disagree that his opinion is nonsense after MNF and the follow up covid results for 9 of their players.
I read his posting as poo-pooing the severity of the virus. Because some have mild symptoms, that doesn't mean it doesn't kill.
Gobigred

Post by Gobigred »

faircornell wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:16 pm
faircornell wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:10 pm I really don't like covid discussions on the lacrosse thread either. However, I was wondering if students had, generally, received the "booster" shot. South African studies have shown the 2 jabs plus booster are good protection against Omicron.

According to the Wall Street Journal, all students at Princeton require the booster by January 31, 2022. I don't know if other Ivies have followed (or will follow) this timing requirement as well.
I believe Brown is requiring the booster. Don't recall the timing.
Mr. Webber

Post by Mr. Webber »

Home game against Army confirmed as 2022 schedule addition in mid-April; tentative schedule in earlier post updated.

Also: Research findings suggest that ingenuous schedule-related daydreaming and web-surfing linked to 35 percent decline in COVID-related social irritation, sleep disruptions. Try it.
Mr. Webber

Post by Mr. Webber »

And now a March 12 road game at Penn State confirmed.
Typical Lax Dad

Gobigred wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:47 am
HGK25 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:54 pm
I read his posting as poo-pooing the severity of the virus. Because some have mild symptoms, that doesn't mean it doesn't kill.
There is hope:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/328 ... atform=amp

If this “Cycle Threshold” is an effective measure, this will make things far leas disruptive in sports. I am hoping that it is adopted.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”