All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

get it to x wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:05 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:05 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:23 am Very interesting, informative discussion on Rogan with Dr. Peter McCullough

Warning: vaccination zealots won't like what he says

https://open.spotify.com/show/4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk
I like what he says just fine. How he says it is hilarious.......EVERYTHING is a conspiracy for this guy. Like complaining about Hopkins and others studying pandemics ...and then (ominous music plays) we have a pandemic!! OMG, Hopkins is IN ON IT !! :lol:

But in the end, what's he complaining about? He appears to be upset that the US didn't use a bunch of unproven treatments, and instead focused on three separate vaccine which have proven to be incredibly effective.

So...what's the problem here? Is he mad that the vaccines work?
Nice a fan...spoken like a true vaccination zealot. That's fine you have that right of course. Go ahead and believe the vaccination campaign is flawless and "incredibly effective." Good for you.

McCullough has real bona fides, not "just some guy on the internet" as you so glibly like to say. I find him very impressive and feel more confident in what he has to say re covid, certainly more so than Dr. "I am science" Fauci.

Thank god there are platforms where important people like Dr. McCullough can reach millions with their perspective.
Sorry to all of the vax zealots, but I am naturally skeptical. Especially when the legacy media, who are populated by some of the dumbest people in existence, are in complete agreement with power drunk health officials and profit drunk pharma companies. As I have said before, "Cui bono?" Watch one hour of MSNBC and count how many Pfizer commercials are run.

If you Google Ivermectin in Japan you get 40 or so denials of Ivermectin being allowed as a therapy in Japan. Yet on another, more free search engine you find this, which has a graph correlating the allowance (not endorsement) of using Ivermectin in Japan and the cases dropping precipitously. Nobody cashes in on Ivermectin, except the patient, who seems to be standing out in the rain in this real life drama.

https://www.talkingaboutthescience.com/ ... -in-japan/

Please don't come back denigrating Dr. Campbell. He is "just a nurse trainer". The real story is what Japanese health officials are saying. It is 17 minutes worth watching, no matter your stance.
Your views are irrational and are not based on facts or evidence.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

Sorry to all of the vax zealots, but I am naturally skeptical. Especially when the legacy media, who are populated by some of the dumbest people in existence, are in complete agreement with power drunk health officials and profit drunk pharma companies. As I have said before, "Cui bono?" Watch one hour of MSNBC and count how many Pfizer commercials are run.
Who do you think sells invermectin, monoclonal treatments, etc.? The fact that they sell it doesn't make something inherently bad.

Or wait---are you and tech closet commies, and don't like American companies that make profits? ;)

Same question, get it to x: When your went to your personal physician, and asked about what the best protection from landing in a hospital with a bad case of Covid was, what did she or he say?

See how easy this all is? You and your doctor. No one in between.

And we all know the answer UNLESS you have some pre-existing condition that precludes the vaxxes. And if that's the case? More power to ya. I'm all for you doing whatever your Doc advises.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Are we sure get it to x and tech37 aren't;t the same cat?

"vaccine zealots" hoo boy...
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:50 pm
Who do you think sells invermectin, monoclonal treatments, etc.? The fact that they sell it doesn't make something inherently bad.

Or wait---are you and tech closet commies, and don't like American companies that make profits? ;)

Same question, get it to x: When your went to your personal physician, and asked about what the best protection from landing in a hospital with a bad case of Covid was, what did she or he say?

See how easy this all is? You and your doctor. No one in between.

And we all know the answer UNLESS you have some pre-existing condition that precludes the vaxxes. And if that's the case? More power to ya. I'm all for you doing whatever your Doc advises.
My Doctor left it to me, but did say that having contracted Covid, my immune system was likely affording me protection. My initial bout was two mildly symptomatic days and three months of tasting and smelling very little. I quarantined asymptomatic for ten days like a good boy. I will tell you, in SC the pandemic is largely over. When SEC football didn't create "super spreader" events, everybody got on with their lives. My sixth grader neighbor invited us to his holiday musical at school this evening. Very few masks in a crowded gym. Not teachers even. Greenville County public school.
Last edited by get it to x on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:00 pm Are we sure get it to x and tech37 aren't;t the same cat?

Vaccine Zealot? That’s like being called an anesthesia during surgery kook or toilet paper fanatic or bacon lover.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:06 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:00 pm Are we sure get it to x and tech37 aren't;t the same cat?

Vaccine Zealot? That’s like being called an anesthesia during surgery kook or toilet paper fanatic or bacon lover.
No, it's more like being a sex addict.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
a fan

Post by a fan »

get it to x wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:04 pm My Doctor left it to me, but did say that having contracted Covid, my immune system was likely affording me protection. My initial bout was two mildly symptomatic days and three months of tasting and smelling very little. I quarantined asymptomatic for ten days like a good boy. I will tell you, in SC the pandemic is largely over. When SEC football didn't create "super spreader" events, everybody got on with their lives. My sixth grader neighbor invited us to his holiday musical at school this evening. Very few masks in a crowded gym. Not teachers even. Greenville County public school.
You asked your Doc, and that's what your Doc said? We're more than square (not that you care).
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:19 pm
get it to x wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:04 pm My Doctor left it to me, but did say that having contracted Covid, my immune system was likely affording me protection. My initial bout was two mildly symptomatic days and three months of tasting and smelling very little. I quarantined asymptomatic for ten days like a good boy. I will tell you, in SC the pandemic is largely over. When SEC football didn't create "super spreader" events, everybody got on with their lives. My sixth grader neighbor invited us to his holiday musical at school this evening. Very few masks in a crowded gym. Not teachers even. Greenville County public school.
You asked your Doc, and that's what your Doc said? We're more than square (not that you care).
So I wouldn't go to Joe Rogan for medical advice, not ever. Nor Sean Hannity, Dan Bongino or Jake Tapper. I know my body. The only time I've ever had the flu was when I got a flu shot. I've had hospitalizations, for appendicitis and open heart surgery. But I get very few colds, bugs or viruses. I take a lot of D, C and Zinc. I am also encouraged by the symptoms and mortality rate so far for the latest variant. Sounds like its behaving like a virus, weakening to survive, versus killing its host.
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:46 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:23 am Very interesting, informative discussion on Rogan with Dr. Peter McCullough

I like what he says just fine. How he says it is hilarious.......EVERYTHING is a conspiracy for this guy. Like complaining about Hopkins and others studying pandemics ...and then (ominous music plays) we have a pandemic!! OMG, Hopkins is IN ON IT !! :lol:

But in the end, what's he complaining about? He appears to be upset that the US didn't use a bunch of unproven treatments, and instead focused on three separate vaccine which have proven to be incredibly effective.

Nice a fan...spoken like a true vaccination zealot. That's fine you have that right of course. Go ahead and believe the vaccination campaign is flawless and "incredibly effective." Good for you.

McCullough has real bona fides, not "just some guy on the internet" as you so glibly like to say. I find him very impressive and feel more confident in what he has to say re covid, certainly more so than Dr. "I am science" Fauci.

Thank god there are platforms where important people like Dr. McCullough can reach millions with their perspective.

If you Google Ivermectin in Japan you get 40 or so denials of Ivermectin being allowed as a therapy in Japan. Yet on another, more free search engine you find this, which has a graph correlating the allowance (not endorsement) of using Ivermectin in Japan and the cases dropping precipitously. Nobody cashes in on Ivermectin, except the patient, who seems to be standing out in the rain in this real life drama.

Please don't come back denigrating Dr. Campbell. He is "just a nurse trainer". The real story is what Japanese health officials are saying. It is 17 minutes worth watching, no matter your stance.

Simple fifth grade ad hominem attack. How about making an argument that the "vaccine" was as good as advertised? We've had over 500,000 more deaths since the vaccine became widely available. Nobody has all of the answers, but the vaccinated wanting me and other unvaccinated Americans to just do our "community duty" sounds like misery loves company.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

get it to x wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:14 am

Simple fifth grade ad hominem attack. How about making an argument that the "vaccine" was as good as advertised? We've had over 500,000 more deaths since the vaccine became widely available. Nobody has all of the answers, but the vaccinated wanting me and other unvaccinated Americans to just do our "community duty" sounds like misery loves company.
As one of the irrational unvaccinated, you are part of the problem. We are continuing to see large surges in serious Covid-19 infections mainly because of the unvaccinated. By the way, if you live in South Carolina, they are beginning to see a surge right now.

https://www.wbtw.com/health/coronavirus ... -rise/amp/

There is absolutely no rational reason to be unvaccinated. It’s selfish. It’s irrational. It’s cowardly. It’s reckless. It’s senseless. It’s costly to society.

Get fully vaccinated. Then get the booster. Do us all a favor and perform your civic duty.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Bart

Post by Bart »

. How about making an argument that the "vaccine" was as good as advertised?
This is one of the very large missteps in this entire fiasco, imo. Over promising how effective the Ve is on COVID. There are very few, if any now that testing has become so much more sensitive, sterilizing vaccines. The idea that this vaccine would be sterilizing was rather bold in the first round of vaccine development for this particular virus. Even the MMR vaccine wanes. Part of the reason the MMR appears to be sterilizing is that everyone gets it at an early age (or used to) and there is very little circulating virus, at least in the good Ole' USA. Mumps has made a resurgence in close living quarter (colleges) even amongst the vaccinated hypothesized to be fueled by the few unvaccinated and the waning of the MMR vacine.

IMO, this is the idea here in the US that vaccines have to be sterilizing and many point to Polio and MMR as case points. The fact that these are "sterilizing" is a result of the fact that there is very little circulating virus around. We achieved this by...........vaccination. The current COVID vaccine may not be sterilizing but have a positive outcome in death.

As to the fact that 500K people have died........it is just the effect of large numbers. I would hate to see what the CFR would be if the vaccine had not been developed and we are solely relying on passive public health tactics (distancing, masks, testing ect.....) since it is really obvious that large swaths of the population think these are useless.

The one thing that has become very clear is that here in the US is that public health is an afterthought. We are reactionary. That is ok......as long as we as a society are willing to deal with the szchit show that is the aftermath. It is this that we seem to be divided by.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bart wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:47 am

This is one of the very large missteps in this entire fiasco, imo. Over promising how effective the Ve is on COVID. There are very few, if any now that testing has become so much more sensitive, sterilizing vaccines. The idea that this vaccine would be sterilizing was rather bold in the first round of vaccine development for this particular virus. Even the MMR vaccine wanes. Part of the reason the MMR appears to be sterilizing is that everyone gets it at an early age (or used to) and there is very little circulating virus, at least in the good Ole' USA. Mumps has made a resurgence in close living quarter (colleges) even amongst the vaccinated hypothesized to be fueled by the few unvaccinated and the waning of the MMR vacine.

IMO, this is the idea here in the US that vaccines have to be sterilizing and many point to Polio and MMR as case points. The fact that these are "sterilizing" is a result of the fact that there is very little circulating virus around. We achieved this by...........vaccination. The current COVID vaccine may not be sterilizing but have a positive outcome in death.

As to the fact that 500K people have died........it is just the effect of large numbers. I would hate to see what the CFR would be if the vaccine had not been developed and we are solely relying on passive public health tactics (distancing, masks, testing ect.....) since it is really obvious that large swaths of the population think these are useless.

The one thing that has become very clear is that here in the US is that public health is an afterthought. We are reactionary. That is ok......as long as we as a society are willing to deal with the szchit show that is the aftermath. It is this that we seem to be divided by.
Also those 500k were, by a wide margin, unvaccinated.
“I wish you would!”
Bart

Post by Bart »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:31 am Ancient greek drug has promise: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medica ... np1taskbar
The people running the PRINCIPLE trial seem to disagree: https://www.principletrial.org/results Scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Colchicine was also stopped un the Recovery Trial: https://www.recoverytrial.net/files/rec ... 050321.pdf

Here is another view of colchicine from the European Journal of Internal Medicine. In this letter the author sums up the results from both the trials mentioned above. https://www.ejinme.com/article/S0953-62 ... 3/fulltext

Here is a link to the paper described in Youth's post. Read and decide for yourself: https://www.ejinme.com/article/S0953-62 ... 0/fulltext

I am hopeful that sooner or later one of these repurposed drugs will prove to be the game changer.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:06 am
Bart wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:47 am

Also those 500k were, by a wide margin, unvaccinated.
get it to x doesn't care.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:45 pm

Nice a fan...spoken like a true vaccination zealot.
I don't believe anything of the sort, but don't let that stop you from putting words in my mouth. I forget that you're the only one on the forum who's allowed to put words in other poster's mouth.
Oops, maybe I mixed you up with someone else. I thought for sure you were yelling about and shaming unvaccinated people.

You can't dispute my method----or rather, YOUR method if you could take the tin foil hat off for five seconds, and be honest with me.

Ready? Paying attention?

When your went to your personal physician, and asked about what the best protection from landing in a hospital with a bad case of Covid was, what did she or he say?
I hadn't gone to a doctor in four years before Oct this year. My doctor retired two or three years ago and I hadn't been to see the young Dr who replaced him. When I did go in Oct, sorry we didn't discuss vaccines since I was already vaccinated. I had long since made that decision on my own. We did discuss monoclonal antibodies accessibility and if I would qualify. Just for giggles (full well knowing the answer) I also asked him where he stood regarding Ivermectin and he said he would not prescribe it. It's a shame, younger Drs. too afraid to risk their reputations or afraid of being canceled somehow.

They said: take one of the vaccines, didn't they?

See how simple that was? At no point does the CDC, Fauci, Rogan, McCullough, Trump, Biden, or any other person you can invent come into play. Just as it has been with Americans since freaking doctors were invented. No tin foil needed. Just you and your doctor.
You're hilarious a fan :roll: ... when I have been arguing consistently on here that a person's health decisions are private and their own to make.
tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 pm McCullough has real bona fides, not "just some guy on the internet" as you so glibly like to say. I find him very impressive
Good for you. Know what the problem is here? McCullough may have the bona fides----but YOU don't. You have no freaking way of knowing if he's full of it or not. Which is part of Bill Burr's point if you kept that open mind that you swear you're keeping open. But if you have such a giant ego that you think you can read JAMA and truly understand not just what's in those articles, but also what is NOT in those articles? Congratulations, you beat out DocB for the biggest ego on the board. Take a bow.
:lol: a fan lecturing me about a big ego! Now there's some irony for you.
Last edited by tech37 on Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:19 pm
a fan should start listening to his governor who is trying to get his state on a sane path to normalcy. Man makes a lot of sense and I only wish he was running NYS.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:23 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:45 pm

Nice a fan...spoken like a true vaccination zealot.
I don't believe anything of the sort, but don't let that stop you from putting words in my mouth. I forget that you're the only one on the forum who's allowed to put words in other poster's mouth.
Oops, maybe I mixed you up with someone else. I thought for sure you were yelling about and shaming unvaccinated people.You're reading things that aren't there. What I have unquestionably been doing is mocking dumb Americans who aren't making logical sense, and are keeping this stupid pandemic going. If you doctor tells you you shouldn't take the vaccine for one reason or another? More power to you.

You can't dispute my method----or rather, YOUR method if you could take the tin foil hat off for five seconds, and be honest with me.

Ready? Paying attention?

When your went to your personal physician, and asked about what the best protection from landing in a hospital with a bad case of Covid was, what did she or he say?
I hadn't gone to a doctor in four years before Oct this year. My doctor retired two or three years ago and I hadn't been to see the young Dr who replaced him. When I did go in Oct, sorry we didn't discuss vaccines since I was already vaccinated. I had long since made that decision on my own. We did discuss monoclonal antibodies accessibility and if I would qualify. Just for giggles (full well knowing the answer) I also asked him where he stood regarding Ivermectin and he said he would not prescribe it. It's a shame, younger Drs. too afraid to risk their reputations or afraid of being canceled somehow.So it's simply not possible that he was just giving you his best medical advice? The ONLY possibility here is tin foil hat, and he's "in on the conspiracy". Neat.

They said: take one of the vaccines, didn't they?

See how simple that was? At no point does the CDC, Fauci, Rogan, McCullough, Trump, Biden, or any other person you can invent come into play. Just as it has been with Americans since freaking doctors were invented. No tin foil needed. Just you and your doctor.
You're hilarious a fan :roll: ... when I have been arguing consistently on here that a person's health decisions are private and their own to make.You've brought up several internet personalities implying that Americans should listen to what they have to say, without acknowledging that they are keeping people from getting vaxxed....leading to a few hundred thousand dead gullible Americans
tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 pm McCullough has real bona fides, not "just some guy on the internet" as you so glibly like to say. I find him very impressive
Good for you. Know what the problem is here? McCullough may have the bona fides----but YOU don't. You have no freaking way of knowing if he's full of it or not. Which is part of Bill Burr's point if you kept that open mind that you swear you're keeping open. But if you have such a giant ego that you think you can read JAMA and truly understand not just what's in those articles, but also what is NOT in those articles? Congratulations, you beat out DocB for the biggest ego on the board. Take a bow.
:lol: a fan lecturing me about a big ego! Now there's some irony for you.
Hey, I'm not the guy who thinks he knows more than Dr. Fauci when it comes to viruses, simply because you don't like what he's said in the middle of a pandemic, where it's full on impossible to not make mistakes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

It's baaaaa'ack:

@Breaking911 6h
NEW: Cornell University goes remote after reporting over 900 COVID cases this week, VP for University Relations Joel Malina says "virtually every" case has been found in fully-vaccinated students, many of whom received the booster shot - CNN
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

No bueno...

~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”