January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: January 6, 2021: Insurrection or “normal tourist” visitation?

Post by seacoaster »

CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:22 am
seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:32 am
Anyone watch Cheney read the texts from Ingraham, Kilmeade and Hannity to Meadows's private cell phone?
If only Hannity, Kilmeade and Ingraham had had some way of reaching out to Trump's supporters on that day, and the 340 days since, to tell them what happened was wrong...
Hah! The reality, as you know, is that they know what happened is wrong, and continue the various false narratives that culminate in Carlson's "documentary." FNC has simply proved itself to be completely complicit in the near ruin of the Republic. Thirty million idiots support it. It's the millions of "independent" and "moderate" sheep that should p*ss everyone off the most.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:28 am
CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:22 am
seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:32 am
Anyone watch Cheney read the texts from Ingraham, Kilmeade and Hannity to Meadows's private cell phone?
If only Hannity, Kilmeade and Ingraham had had some way of reaching out to Trump's supporters on that day, and the 340 days since, to tell them what happened was wrong...
Hah! The reality, as you know, is that they know what happened is wrong, and continue the various false narratives that culminate in Carlson's "documentary." FNC has simply proved itself to be completely complicit in the near ruin of the Republic. Thirty million idiots support it. It's the millions of "independent" and "moderate" sheep that should p*ss everyone off the most.
Actually, I'm more po'd at those who really do know better and are in positions of influence. Whether the propagandists and charlatans in media or public office, or on the internet, the podcast, etc, they know better and are seeking to 'profit' in some way by lying.

The "idiots" and "sheep" are subject to the propaganda. They should know better, but often really don't.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:20 am Rep. Cheney hints at where this is going: federal criminal charges for President Trump.

"Did Donald Trump, through action or inaction, corruptly seek to obstruct or impede Congress’s proceedings?"

She's reading 18 U.S.C. 1505
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1505
Yup...or at least where it should go.

Trump is at the center, an active player.
And there are a whole lot of others involved.

If I was in Meadows' shoes, I'd be going to DOJ and asking for a plea deal, some level of immunity, "I never wanted it to go so far..."...he's going to fry otherwise.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:56 am
CU88 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:20 am Rep. Cheney hints at where this is going: federal criminal charges for President Trump.

"Did Donald Trump, through action or inaction, corruptly seek to obstruct or impede Congress’s proceedings?"

She's reading 18 U.S.C. 1505
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1505
Yup...or at least where it should go.

Trump is at the center, an active player.
And there are a whole lot of others involved.

If I was in Meadows' shoes, I'd be going to DOJ and asking for a plea deal, some level of immunity, "I never wanted it to go so far..."...he's going to fry otherwise.
In addition to Federal criminal charges, there is also 14th Amendment Section 3 seemingly applicable to modern day Confederates -

"No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability."

Not only applies to Meadows, and possibly the former DOPUS but also to members of Congress in on the January 6 insurrection - there is even a text message from one unnamed member apologizing that their scam didn't work. The identities of all these dirtbags should be made public soon.

These people are so stupid, they couldn't even talk former DOPUS out of it. His own kids had to call Meadows to get through to their father.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"...modern day Confederates..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

++
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

To me the most telling text to Meadows is the one from the yet to be named GOP congressman apologizing for not getting the insurrection over the top by throwing out votes...

That one really tells you how deep the planning and desperation was regarding losing the election.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:30 am "...modern day Confederates..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

++
Just fighting to maintain their culture…. When will we put a statue of Meadows and Don Junior in DuPont Circle?
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:52 am To me the most telling text to Meadows is the one from the yet to be named GOP congressman apologizing for not getting the insurrection over the top by throwing out votes...

That one really tells you how deep the planning and desperation was regarding losing the election.
sincere question......I have not been following, but did hear Liz read the texts. Was that Meadows text specific to the "insurrection/storming the USC" or simply that they could not get votes to be thrown out on the premise of cheating?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:29 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:52 am To me the most telling text to Meadows is the one from the yet to be named GOP congressman apologizing for not getting the insurrection over the top by throwing out votes...

sincere question......I have not been following, but did hear Liz read the texts. Was that Meadows text specific to the "insurrection/storming the USC" or simply that they could not get votes to be thrown out on the premise of cheating?
Not sure what you're asking. Meadows received and showed the PPT presentation on "How to subvert the Election and Make Trump President Again." Then the speeches in the Ellipsis happened and the crowd bashed through and sh*t all over the Capitol, injuring a bunch of people and causing the deaths of others and a couple of million dollars worth of damage to the building that is, for better or worse, a monument to the rule of law and the Republic. Now we learn that numerous Congressmen and media personalities and the President's moronic son were texting him, while the attack was ongoing, to get the President to stand them down. Hours passed. Ingraham and her cohorts at Authoritarian Central went on TV and blamed black folks, right after telling Meadows in a text to get the President to stop this, and stop ruining his "legacy." The President meanwhile watched TV for a few hours. The next day, a congressman texted Meadows his apology for not being able to pull off the coup or at least fully impeded Congress from doing its duty under the Constitution and the Electoral Count Act. The texts are plenty specific.

Imagine if these texts had come out -- from Meadows's private account of course -- during the second impeachment trial.

But you'll still vote for the team taking down America.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:37 pm

Not sure what you're asking. Meadows received and showed the PPT presentation on "How to subvert the Election and Make Trump President Again." Then the speeches in the Ellipsis happened and the crowd bashed through and sh*t all over the Capitol, injuring a bunch of people and causing the deaths of others and a couple of million dollars worth of damage to the building that is, for better or worse, a monument to the rule of law and the Republic. Now we learn that numerous Congressmen and media personalities and the President's moronic son were texting him, while the attack was ongoing, to get the President to stand them down. Hours passed. Ingraham and her cohorts at Authoritarian Central went on TV and blamed black folks, right after telling Meadows in a text to get the President to stop this, and stop ruining his "legacy." The President meanwhile watched TV for a few hours. The next day, a congressman texted Meadows his apology for not being able to pull off the coup or at least fully impeded Congress from doing its duty under the Constitution and the Electoral Count Act. The texts are plenty specific.

Imagine if these texts had come out -- from Meadows's private account of course -- during the second impeachment trial.

:lol: It is why I asked....you all have a tendency to conflate everything, and I try to take it steps. I asked because there were actually events and life existed prior to 01-06-2021, where there was monumental insinuation about cheating and ballot issues.

There you go again, with the accusatory comment at the end. They say, when you get angry at someone, it is because you see that very flaw in yourself. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

The one you are referring to was read by Schiff...different Committee members read different texts. Cheney's were focused on what people, whether in Congress or officials in the Admin or Trump family or Fox were texting to Meadows trying to get Trump to call off the insurrectionists.

Here's what Schiff was covering:

One of the unnamed lawmakers apologized the day after the Capitol riot for failing to stop the counting of electoral votes in key states Trump lost.
"We tried everything we could in our objection to the six states," they told Meadows, according to a message read by Rep. Adam Schiff, a California Democrat on the committee. "I am sorry nothing worked."

Another lawmaker texted Meadows before January 6 insisting then-Vice President Mike Pence reject electoral votes, repeating back to the White House the proposal that was reportedly put forward in a much-discussed 38-page power point presentation that was seen as a recipe for a coup.
"On January 6, 2021, Vice President Mike Pence, as President of the Senate, should call out all electoral votes that he believes are unconstitutional as no electoral votes at all," the lawmaker told Meadows, according to the committee.

From the text on Jan 7, it's not clear that they were "sorry" that the insurrection had happened, rather they were "sorry" that they couldn't overturn the election results. There was no cheating, nor any legal basis at that point for any further challenge...the attack had occurred because they'd encouraged the Big Lie, and moreover had actually continued to try to overturn the election even after all legal avenues had been thoroughly exhausted. Even with the pressure from an attacking mob they'd failed...and they were sorry they failed.

The other text, from a different "lawmaker" makes clear that their agreed upon plan was for Pence to do something they had to know would have been illegal, un-Constitutional. I know many of these people are pretty darn "stupid" but that's no excuse.

And these are just examples...there will be many more.

It's no wonder McCarthy and crew fought so desperately to prevent a full House and Senate bi-partisan commission, many of them are in actually deep legal doo-doo personally.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:30 am "...modern day Confederates..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

++

January 6 traitors as "Confederates"? BRING BACK THE SCAFFOLD!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

and while Junior was crying to Meadows - here are his quotes only minutes before from the stage at the ellipse

“To those Republicans, many of which may be voting on things in the coming hours: You have an opportunity today,” Donald Trump Jr. told the crowd gathered for the “Save America March” on the White House Ellipse. “You can be a hero, or you can be a zero. And the choice is yours. But we are all watching. The whole world is watching, folks. Choose wisely.”

“These guys better fight for Trump. Because if they’re not, guess what? I’m going to be in your backyard in a couple of months!” Donald Trump Jr. said, suggesting he would support primary campaigns against Republicans who did not side with his father on Wednesday."

The rally itself “should be a message to all the Republicans who have not been willing to actually fight. The people who did nothing to stop the steal,” he said. “This gathering should send a message to them: This isn’t their Republican Party anymore! This is Donald Trump's Republican Party!”

within minutes of making these public statements - he's crying to Meadows via text - what a blithering wimp :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:57 pm From the text on Jan 7, it's not clear that they were "sorry" that the insurrection had happened, rather they were "sorry" that they couldn't overturn the election results. There was no cheating, nor any legal basis at that point for any further challenge...the attack had occurred because they'd encouraged the Big Lie, and moreover had actually continued to try to overturn the election even after all legal avenues had been thoroughly exhausted.
Thank you. That was my point in asking....that life existed prior to January 6 and they exhausted everything. Meaning the text may very well have been taken out of context.

I say fry em'. Maybe that'll get rid of the fringe.
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:56 pm

:lol: It is why I asked....you all have a tendency to conflate everything, and I try to take it steps. I asked because there were actually events and life existed prior to 01-06-2021, where there was monumental insinuation about cheating and ballot issues.

There you go again, with the accusatory comment at the end. They say, when you get angry at someone, it is because you see that very flaw in yourself. ;)
Putting aside "tone", let's just say that we should all be outraged by what happened, from the Big Lie to the Insurrection to the Cover-Up.

I do understand your question as to whether the "lawmaker" the day after Jan 6 was saying he was sorry the insurrectionists didn't 'hang Mike Pence" or otherwise succeed in overturning the election through violence or merely being sorry the "lawmaker" insurrectionists had failed to overturn the election through their maneuverings that were un-Constitutional. Yeah, it was the latter...in the context of the day after the violence. It's not a leap to see the connection.

But heck, there could be an exculpatory further text or texts making clear that the "lawmaker" really meant that he/she wished the earlier legal court filings had turned up an actual set of fraud situations justifying a different election result, "ahh well", but was outraged and upset about the violence, but it sure doesn't appear to be what was meant.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:02 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:57 pm From the text on Jan 7, it's not clear that they were "sorry" that the insurrection had happened, rather they were "sorry" that they couldn't overturn the election results. There was no cheating, nor any legal basis at that point for any further challenge...the attack had occurred because they'd encouraged the Big Lie, and moreover had actually continued to try to overturn the election even after all legal avenues had been thoroughly exhausted.
Thank you. That was my point in asking....that life existed prior to January 6 and they exhausted everything. Meaning the text may very well have been taken out of context.

Agreed, "fry 'em".
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

You are reading too much into it….
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:07 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:02 pm

Agreed, "fry 'em".
Should have done it during Reconstruction. That leniency gas led directly to this cancer in the body politic.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Kismet wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:59 pm

and while Junior was crying to Meadows - here are his quotes only minutes before from the stage at the ellipse

“To those Republicans, many of which may be voting on things in the coming hours: You have an opportunity today,” Donald Trump Jr. told the crowd gathered for the “Save America March” on the White House Ellipse. “You can be a hero, or you can be a zero. And the choice is yours. But we are all watching. The whole world is watching, folks. Choose wisely.”

“These guys better fight for Trump. Because if they’re not, guess what? I’m going to be in your backyard in a couple of months!” Donald Trump Jr. said, suggesting he would support primary campaigns against Republicans who did not side with his father on Wednesday."

The rally itself “should be a message to all the Republicans who have not been willing to actually fight. The people who did nothing to stop the steal,” he said. “This gathering should send a message to them: This isn’t their Republican Party anymore! This is Donald Trump's Republican Party!”

within minutes of making these public statements - he's crying to Meadows via text - what a blithering wimp :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, it does suggest that these idiots, like Junior, didn't actually expect the crowd to breach the Capitol violently, but rather that they wanted to fire them up to make lots of noise, pressuring Congress to do this totally un-Constitutional move and/or simply be fired up, so they continue the con with further fundraising...as they've done.

But it's nevertheless an effort to overturn the certified election results, even at this very last moment, and an incitement of the crowd to be angry and "fight"...which they then did.

But what's super clear is that all these jerks knew it wasn't "Antifa" but rather the violence was clearly by the Trump people....and only Trump had the power to pull them back.

Return to “POLITICS”