All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:59 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:43 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:38 am We are sitting at around 68% vaccinated, 17% exempt and the rest are holdouts, waiting to see what happens, or planning something else.
Just under 100 employees.
But all HR actions are on hold with the federal stay and the holidays upon us.
Thanks. Are the exemptions, religious or mostly medical exemptions? Was talking about it yesterday and was wondering how your experience differed.
If my memory serves me, we had about 15 exemptions, ~5-6 are medical, ~9-10 religious.
As for the holdouts. We have zero info from them. And we were advised not to ask. My unofficial info is most are non-vaxxed, but do a have a couple who are vaxxed, but simply not providing the company with any info.
Still expecting the holdouts and untaxed with exemptions to not be able to go on base?
Assuming rule holds?

Or can the exemptions do so, with testing?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:59 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:43 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:38 am We are sitting at around 68% vaccinated, 17% exempt and the rest are holdouts, waiting to see what happens, or planning something else.
Just under 100 employees.
But all HR actions are on hold with the federal stay and the holidays upon us.
Thanks. Are the exemptions, religious or mostly medical exemptions? Was talking about it yesterday and was wondering how your experience differed.
If my memory serves me, we had about 15 exemptions, ~5-6 are medical, ~9-10 religious.
As for the holdouts. We have zero info from them. And we were advised not to ask. My unofficial info is most are non-vaxxed, but do a have a couple who are vaxxed, but simply not providing the company with any info.
Ok. Thanks.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:12 am Latest on Paxlovid...Pfizers covid protease inhibitor.

Data indicates 89% effectiveness at end of trial for High Risk individuals. Very good news. Have not seen the data. Write up from STAT

https://www.statnews.com/2021/12/14/pfi ... pany-says/
great news on therapeutics. unless i'm missing something, if you're not highly vulnerable/at risk, it'd seem both merck's and pfizer's are going to be approved for the unvaxxed during this winter season. same with monoclonals? outside of the elite, of course.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:45 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:12 am Latest on Paxlovid...Pfizers covid protease inhibitor.

Data indicates 89% effectiveness at end of trial for High Risk individuals. Very good news. Have not seen the data. Write up from STAT

great news on therapeutics. unless i'm missing something, if you're not highly vulnerable/at risk, it'd seem both merck's and pfizer's are going to be approved for the unvaxxed during this winter season. same with monoclonals? outside of the elite, of course.
Very good news.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Super news.

I think you may have just written the bolded awkwardly.

Am I right to assume that you mean that they'll get approved soon, for anyone infected's use...and that'll bail out the unvaccinated? (Obviously a good thing given over run hospitals)

Or did you actually mean that they'd only be approved for unvaccinated? surely not.

But it does seem like you're saying that an unvaccinated person would be considered "high-risk", just the same as someone elderly with heart disease or diabetes or someone with some other immunosuppressive issue...

From my point of view, I think, at this point, the unvaccinated (incl not boosted) should have to pay for 100% of the costs of whatever care they need if infected. This pill could certainly help that be lower than going on a ventilator. I'd probably pay for the pill if Medicaid eligible because we need to reduce the costs that would otherwise get borne whether we like it or not. We're not kicking people out of the hospital.

But I doubt we'll go there.
Bart

Post by Bart »

From what I can gather the trial was centered around High Risk individuals but an Emergency use would be just that, emergency use. IF approved it would be approved for everyone. I have yet to find a document stating that it could be just used for a group in the "high risk" category.

As for monoclonals, I was just talking to my PCP today who works in a monoclonal clinic. Interestingly he indicated he has yet to see a patient who is boosted in his clinic but has seen some that are well over 6 months. Indicated that the vast majority were not vaccinated. But if prescribed he is serving the monoclonals up to whomever.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:37 pm

From what I can gather the trial was centered around High Risk individuals but an Emergency use would be just that, emergency use. IF approved it would be approved for everyone. I have yet to find a document stating that it could be just used for a group in the "high risk" category.

As for monoclonals, I was just talking to my PCP today who works in a monoclonal clinic. Interestingly he indicated he has yet to see a patient who is boosted in his clinic but has seen some that are well over 6 months. Indicated that the vast majority were not vaccinated. But if prescribed he is serving the monoclonals up to whomever.
i mentioned i could be mistaken. however, for both merck's and pfizer's applications for eua:
https://www.merck.com/news/merck-and-ri ... oderate-c/
https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... l-covid-19

why would they say the application is for high risk patients, if the authorization is going to be universal?

i had also seen lilly's release after approval for eua, fwiw. and the language was the same.
Bart

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:20 pm

i mentioned i could be mistaken. however, for both merck's and pfizer's applications for eua:

why would they say the application is for high risk patients, if the authorization is going to be universal?

i had also seen lilly's release after approval for eua, fwiw. and the language was the same.
I don’t know how it works but sure would be interesting to know
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Bart wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:53 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:20 pm

I don’t know how it works but sure would be interesting to know
i had also seen from statnews an article discussing whether they'd be available for vaccinated patients. about 1/3 of the way down:

https://www.statnews.com/2021/11/15/8-l ... nd-pfizer/
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:23 am Very interesting, informative discussion on Rogan with Dr. Peter McCullough

Warning: vaccination zealots won't like what he says

https://open.spotify.com/show/4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk
I like what he says just fine. How he says it is hilarious.......EVERYTHING is a conspiracy for this guy. Like complaining about Hopkins and others studying pandemics ...and then (ominous music plays) we have a pandemic!! OMG, Hopkins is IN ON IT !! :lol:

But in the end, what's he complaining about? He appears to be upset that the US didn't use a bunch of unproven treatments, and instead focused on three separate vaccine which have proven to be incredibly effective.

So...what's the problem here? Is he mad that the vaccines work?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:05 pm
tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:23 am Very interesting, informative discussion on Rogan with Dr. Peter McCullough

I like what he says just fine. How he says it is hilarious.......EVERYTHING is a conspiracy for this guy. Like complaining about Hopkins and others studying pandemics ...and then (ominous music plays) we have a pandemic!! OMG, Hopkins is IN ON IT !! :lol:

But in the end, what's he complaining about? He appears to be upset that the US didn't use a bunch of unproven treatments, and instead focused on three separate vaccine which have proven to be incredibly effective.

:D +1

Lost me at Rogan and anything medical.
a fan

Post by a fan »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:09 pm :D +1

Bill Burr summed up the entire Joe Rogan stuff in one simple visit...

I'm not going to sit here with no medical degree, listening to you with no medical degree, acting like we know better than the CDC.

There it is.

Does anyone here think these stupid conspiracy theories or claims of "Fauci is doing it wrong" would have been even a LITTLE different if that Peter McCullough were in Fauci's place?

These geniuses would be on social media saying "Invermectin and monoclonal treatments are a conspiracy, Duuuuuude. All kinds of side affects that they're not telling you about duuuuude. Follow the money, maaaaaaan.

What we should REALLY be taking is that stuff from Pfizer...what's that stuff called again, maaaaan? Oh, yeah...the Pfizer vaccine....THAT is what we should be taking, dude! But "the man" is keeping us from taking the vaxx!!!"

:lol: It's all so stupid. Bunch of uneducated (that includes me, I don't have a MD) Americans with waaaaay too much free time on their hands, acting like they can read JAMA and understand it.

I do what my doctor advises....guess what that does? All the white noise goes bye-bye.

Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:09 pm

:D +1

Who looks for this stuff?
“I wish you would!”
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Nice a fan...spoken like a true vaccination zealot. That's fine you have that right of course. Go ahead and believe the vaccination campaign is flawless and "incredibly effective." Good for you.

McCullough has real bona fides, not "just some guy on the internet" as you so glibly like to say. I find him very impressive and feel more confident in what he has to say re covid, certainly more so than Dr. "I am science" Fauci.

Thank god there are platforms where important people like Dr. McCullough can reach millions with their perspective.
Typical Lax Dad

tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 pm

Nice a fan...spoken like a true vaccination zealot. That's fine you have that right of course. Go ahead and believe the vaccination campaign is flawless and "incredibly effective." Good for you.

McCullough has real bona fides, not "just some guy on the internet" as you so glibly like to say. I find him very impressive and feel more confident in what he has to say re covid, certainly more so than Dr. "I am science" Fauci.

Thank god there are platforms where important people like Dr. McCullough can reach millions with their perspective.
Ka ching!
“I wish you would!”
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

Sorry to all of the vax zealots, but I am naturally skeptical. Especially when the legacy media, who are populated by some of the dumbest people in existence, are in complete agreement with power drunk health officials and profit drunk pharma companies. As I have said before, "Cui bono?" Watch one hour of MSNBC and count how many Pfizer commercials are run.

If you Google Ivermectin in Japan you get 40 or so denials of Ivermectin being allowed as a therapy in Japan. Yet on another, more free search engine you find this, which has a graph correlating the allowance (not endorsement) of using Ivermectin in Japan and the cases dropping precipitously. Nobody cashes in on Ivermectin, except the patient, who seems to be standing out in the rain in this real life drama.

https://www.talkingaboutthescience.com/ ... -in-japan/

Please don't come back denigrating Dr. Campbell. He is "just a nurse trainer". The real story is what Japanese health officials are saying. It is 17 minutes worth watching, no matter your stance.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
Typical Lax Dad

get it to x wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:05 pm

Sorry to all of the vax zealots, but I am naturally skeptical. Especially when the legacy media, who are populated by some of the dumbest people in existence, are in complete agreement with power drunk health officials and profit drunk pharma companies. As I have said before, "Cui bono?" Watch one hour of MSNBC and count how many Pfizer commercials are run.

If you Google Ivermectin in Japan you get 40 or so denials of Ivermectin being allowed as a therapy in Japan. Yet on another, more free search engine you find this, which has a graph correlating the allowance (not endorsement) of using Ivermectin in Japan and the cases dropping precipitously. Nobody cashes in on Ivermectin, except the patient, who seems to be standing out in the rain in this real life drama.

https://www.talkingaboutthescience.com/ ... -in-japan/

Please don't come back denigrating Dr. Campbell. He is "just a nurse trainer". The real story is what Japanese health officials are saying. It is 17 minutes worth watching, no matter your stance.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Nice a fan...spoken like a true vaccination zealot.
I don't believe anything of the sort, but don't let that stop you from putting words in my mouth. I forget that you're the only one on the forum who's allowed to put words in other poster's mouth.

You can't dispute my method----or rather, YOUR method if you could take the tin foil hat off for five seconds, and be honest with me.

Ready? Paying attention?

When your went to your personal physician, and asked about what the best protection from landing in a hospital with a bad case of Covid was, what did she or he say?

They said: take one of the vaccines, didn't they?

See how simple that was? At no point does the CDC, Fauci, Rogan, McCullough, Trump, Biden, or any other person you can invent come into play. Just as it has been with Americans since freaking doctors were invented. No tin foil needed. Just you and your doctor.
tech37 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 pm McCullough has real bona fides, not "just some guy on the internet" as you so glibly like to say. I find him very impressive
Good for you. Know what the problem is here? McCullough may have the bona fides----but YOU don't. You have no freaking way of knowing if he's full of it or not. Which is part of Bill Burr's point if you kept that open mind that you swear you're keeping open. But if you have such a giant ego that you think you can read JAMA and truly understand not just what's in those articles, but also what is NOT in those articles? Congratulations, you beat out DocB for the biggest ego on the board. Take a bow.

Return to “POLITICS”