Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: Orange Duce

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:05 pm A little history lesson on Duce and the Russians (but it's all the Depp State, right?):

https://www.salon.com/2019/03/06/chase- ... eal-sense/
Quick. Get this to Mueller, before it's too late. I'm sure he doesn't know this stuff, or he doesn't know how to connect the dots.
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

njbill wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:54 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:08 am Trump is not always a babbling idiot, but I seriously doubt he was any sort of honor student, at least in college. FERPA restricts the disclosure of information about a student's academic record (for example I cannot divulge one of my student's grades, or even his/her attendance in my class without permission from said student to the public), except in one very important way: announcement of honors (Dean's List, etc.) or honors at graduation (like cum Laude, etc.). No one seems to find any indication that he ever received any of these things.

At an Ivy league school, that generally means he was in the lower half/third of his class...
Here is a copy of the program from Penn’s 1968 commencement:

https://archives.upenn.edu/digitized-re ... ogram-1968

The listing of Wharton graduates begins on page 19. Trump is listed on page 21. The academic awards for Wharton graduates (cum laude, magna cum laude, and summa cum laude) are listed on page 66. Trump is not mentioned.
And yet, Trump was elected president. What does that say about the rest of those grads? Underachievers?
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
a fan

Post by a fan »

It says that Daddy's money is enough to get you anything you want if the pile of money is big enough.

Not exactly a cheery idea.
ggait

Post by ggait »

College admissions were a different world back then. In the 1960s, Penn would have had an admit rate over 50%. Also, Penn was considered the bottom of the Ivy League back then (along with Columbia). Late 60s, 70s, 80s were not a good time for urban campuses in inner cities.

So it would not have been hard for a full paying transfer student like Trump to get into Penn.

Trump accuses Obama of bad grades and then simultaneously and aggressively covers up his own. Classic Trump tell. #projection

Also love how Cohen threatens a Jesuit priest (Fordham's president) with jail time if he let's Trump's grades out. FYI, there's no criminal penalties for FERPA violations. Plus, Cohen isn't a prosecutor.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:12 pm It says that Daddy's money is enough to get you anything you want if the pile of money is big enough.

first generation and 75%. three quarters, or seventy five percent, of FIRST generation inheritors......wait for it.....LOSE all of the money. In other words, Jared, Eric.....and awesome Ivanka.......wouldn't have any money to inherit.

Unless, this is just more "science" that is wrong :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
a fan

Post by a fan »

It's science that assumes a conclusion. What do you think that proves? You think the odds are against these people? They're not. All it tells you is that rich kids are financially illiterate, and their parents didn't both spending a few thousand dollars educating their kids on how interest works.

Drop Daddy's money in any number of diversified investments using the best money managers the world can buy.

Then live off just a portion of the interest/dividend, as well as the money that you yourself earn in your career...a career that starts off at third base, and the catcher is out to lunch.

Wooooow. That's high finance alright.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:23 pm It's science that assumes a conclusion. What do you think that proves? You think the odds are against these people? They're not. All it tells you is that rich kids are financially illiterate, and their parents didn't both spending a few thousand dollars educating their kids on how interest works.

Drop Daddy's money in any number of diversified investments using the best money managers the world can buy.

Then live off just a portion of the interest/dividend, as well as the money that you yourself earn in your career...a career that starts off at third base, and the catcher is out to lunch.

Wooooow. That's high finance alright.
More science........of the point. 75 of the class of 100 at Trust Fund HIgh aren't wearing that Lilly Pultizer for laughs and retro giggles.....oh no. They have NO money left.......back to more science

The conclusion of science ALWAYS concludes that a dart picks better "winners" than the "best" money managers. And PLEASE, stop saying it's DADDY'S money. It's SOOO 1950
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:12 pm It says that Daddy's money is enough to get you anything you want if the pile of money is big enough.

Was it not the same for JFK? ... Daddys money and Daddys connections. There was that exception for JFK having his PT boat sliced in half by a Jap destroyer. JFK was an American hero with all the moral values of an alley cat when it came to the women. Imagine that... one thing Trump and JFK have in common... they used their wealth and power and family money to screw all the beautiful women they could.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:09 pm

first generation and 75%. three quarters, or seventy five percent, of FIRST generation inheritors......wait for it.....LOSE all of the money. In other words, Jared, Eric.....and awesome Ivanka.......wouldn't have any money to inherit.

Unless, this is just more "science" that is wrong :roll:
That's an amazing stat....although considering the financial success rate of pro athletes and lottery winners it's not that surprising.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Was it not the same for JFK? ... Daddys money and Daddys connections. There was that exception for JFK having his PT boat sliced in half by a Jap destroyer. JFK was an American hero with all the moral values of an alley cat when it came to the women. Imagine that... one thing Trump and JFK have in common... they used their wealth and power and family money to screw all the beautiful women they could.
guess you don't remember Teddy Kennedy having to "borrow" money on/from the families NOVA home..........Hickory Hill
a fan

Post by a fan »

Was it not the same for JFK? ... Daddys money and Daddys connections.
Yes!!!!

Can you remember anyone, a Kennedy, or otherwise....bragging about what an awesome businessman JFK or any of the son's were?

Me neither. Back then, Americans could add, and understand what "Daddy gave me this money" meant.

And reporters never reported on his cheating. Gasp! It's almost as if the press back then had biases, and didn't report the truth. Shocked! I'm shocked! :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:30 pm The conclusion of science ALWAYS concludes that a dart picks better "winners" than the "best" money managers. And PLEASE, stop saying it's DADDY'S money. It's SOOO 1950
Great. So now using your logic here, my 4 year old daughter is a millionaire, and a GENIUS at business.

I'll have to tell her at once. Should I use Mr. Frog or her favorite stuffed doggy "Woofy" to break the news to her? Tough choice, really.

I guess she should skip her pending pre-K education this fall, because she'll surely "test out" of Wharton, eh? ;)

(dude, you're not making even a little sense here)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:27 pm

Yes!!!!

Can you remember anyone, a Kennedy, or otherwise....bragging about what an awesome businessman JFK or any of the son's were?

Me neither. Back then, Americans could add, and understand what "Daddy gave me this money" meant.

And reporters never reported on his cheating. Gasp! It's almost as if the press back then had biases, and didn't report the truth. Shocked! I'm shocked! :lol:
Very good point a Fan. JFK was boffing MM everybody in the media knew about it but they never reported on it. The image of Camelot could not be tarnished. Hell the entire world knew who Trump was screwing and nobody cared... until he ran for POTUS pretending to be Captain America. In the Kennedy era it was all about discretion. In the Trump era it travels the same road that Bill Clinton traveled... it is just about sex, who is screwing who. If the wives are okay with it then it is no big deal. Unless like myself you are the type of person that takes your wedding vows very seriously... then it is a big f***ing deal... to quote Joe Biden.
Bob Ross:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The same courtesy of silence was extended to GHW Bush his entire life and beyond. Maybe it’s just for scions of real wealth. Bill Clinton was a hillbilly. They let him have it, both barrels.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Trinity wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:01 am The same courtesy of silence was extended to GHW Bush his entire life and beyond. Maybe it’s just for scions of real wealth. Bill Clinton was a hillbilly. They let him have it, both barrels.
GHW Bush caught all kinds of flak. You do remember the chitstorm he created with … read my lips. His son sure caught his share of the criticism... poor ole George... he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. ;)
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trying to compare — and suggest equivalence between — the press’s treatment of GHWB to WJC is ludicrous. Of course, Clinton was a boorish fool with women.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:33 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:30 pm The conclusion of science ALWAYS concludes that a dart picks better "winners" than the "best" money managers. And PLEASE, stop saying it's DADDY'S money. It's SOOO 1950
Great. So now using your logic here, my 4 year old daughter is a millionaire, and a GENIUS at business.

I'll have to tell her at once. Should I use Mr. Frog or her favorite stuffed doggy "Woofy" to break the news to her? Tough choice, really.

I guess she should skip her pending pre-K education this fall, because she'll surely "test out" of Wharton, eh? ;)

(dude, you're not making even a little sense here)
Nah.....just have her throw a dart at the index.....

https://towardsdatascience.com/how-anim ... 052dd1e31c

“A blindfolded monkey throwing darts at a newspaper’s financial pages could select a portfolio that would do just as well as one carefully selected by experts.” — Burton Malkiel

a four year old isn't an adult.......poor experience of examples.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Yes!!!!

The Kennedy's very much flaunted their wealth........I can't tell you how many people I meet, our age/s, that grey up in eastern Massachusettes that have NEVAH been to the cape...the islands. BIllerica, Woburn, Swampscott, Westford, etc. Nope. They go to the $2 dollar trailer park on a leach infested Maine glacier pond.
So, w hile way classy about it, Obama murderer freshman COngress Person whatever her name is style.........the Kennedy's flaunted their "compound" in Hyannis. THe sailing prowess. The private blue blood preps schools . Even proudly showing off their "do you know who I ism's " by letting the world know that a Kennedy can cheat on a class and NOT get kicked out. Because they FLAUNT it. with class, apparently.

But, to your point on media. What, NO fox news in the late 50's or 60's??? Or, did they just ALL (media) have it out for Nixon :D He sure got bad press.
Last edited by runrussellrun on Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:27 pm

Yes!!!!

Very good point a Fan. JFK was boffing MM everybody in the media knew about it but they never reported on it. The image of Camelot could not be tarnished. Hell the entire world knew who Trump was screwing and nobody cared... until he ran for POTUS pretending to be Captain America. In the Kennedy era it was all about discretion. In the Trump era it travels the same road that Bill Clinton traveled... it is just about sex, who is screwing who. If the wives are okay with it then it is no big deal. Unless like myself you are the type of person that takes your wedding vows very seriously... then it is a big f***ing deal... to quote Joe Biden.
Cheating on a spouse is still very much ILLEGAL in over 20 states. Just more laws that aren't enforced.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... ar-a-lago/

It gets worse. Swamp-a-Lago. #tuglife
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump

Return to “POLITICS”